When was the last time you done got hurt?

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8787 Posts

My back bothers me at work. It's probably due to a previous injury in a warehouse job. At my current job it's not the weight but the bending, even at the knees like they say to, that sets my back/back to burning.

How are you? I hope all is well. When was the last time you done got hurted? Did it hurt bad? Are you any better, I hope?

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50698 Posts

Pulled my hammy few weeks ago swimming. I hate missing sports so I've been taking it lightly playing soccer. But rehurt it last week as I gradually played harder. Oh well!

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#3 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I hit my head pretty hard in late march and got a concussion.

took like 3 months to recover and I still get symptoms every now and then. one of the worst injuries i've had (and I've had a lot) due to the slow recovery and fact that screens triggered symptoms for the first couple months which meant pretty much no gaming or watching tv/movies etc.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#4 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59400 Posts

Fell sleep was dogs laying on top of my legs, when woke up they both locked up with cramp and I sprouted to my feet to try stop it.

Nope. Waddled round house like an asshole for 2 days.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Not sure how it happened maybe it was from pushing something really heavy in the backyard but one morning about a month ago or so I woke up with alot of pain in my right foot and it lasted for weeks it still hurts every once in awhile. Getting older sucks it takes forever for things to heal.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14832 Posts

I stubbed by toe this morning, not too bad. Had a charlie horse awhile back too, those suck. The kidney stone I had 2 years ago is the most memorable though.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#7 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6114 Posts

The most recent is arthritis in my knee. It's been hurting me for over a month now and not getting better. Got a X-ray a week ago and going for an ultrasound in a couple of weeks. Don't think it's going to do any good, but worth a shot. Been on pain meds for a while now and it does make a difference, but as far as I know arthritis gets worse over time. 😢

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 14

#8 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

It's been a long time since I've hurt myself. I've broken my arm before but a memory that stands out even more than that was when I was around 12.

Myself and friends were jumping over the back of the lounge for whatever reason. Anyway, when I attempted it, I smacked my knee into the back base. (Thing was either wood or some kind of metal.) But my god, it hurt. A dull aching pain. At this point, I'm on the ground holding my knee in agony, and they're just looking down over top of me saying: "It's not that bad, come on."

Other than that, I've stubbed my toe on a few things. There was a time where my parents bed had a particular base, and the frame at the end of the bed stuck out on each side. (The end where your feet are closest to.) It was sharp but not dangerously sharp. Just had an edge to it. So, each time you tried to walk past you wouldn't realise and end bruising your leg on the damn thing. It's strange to explain, but yeah...lol.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50698 Posts

@SOedipus: I was in the hospital for my...son I think and some dude in an open room had one. Dude sounded like he was literally dying.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#10 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 16047 Posts

Hurt my right shoulder and knee in a motorcycle accident just few weeks ago. It was a rainy morning and on my way to work there was a delicious corner for me to lean but I totally forgot about the condition of my tyres (its so worn out, my fault I was busy) so the bike had a loss of traction when I was leaning. I loses control of my bike but managed to jump to avoid me tangled with the bike as it spins and slide the road. But idk must be a bad landing, really hurted my right shoulder and left knee during landing.

Maybe a blessing in disguise, this is the signal I need to get a new bike!

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DEVILinIRON

@sakaixx: I love motorcycles. What kind of bike was it? What will you get next?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 16047 Posts

@DEVILinIRON: its a sports bike. The 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300cc and its my first sport bike. Idk but if I had the money I recently am a fan of the beemer R19 scrambler, beautiful.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SOedipus

@brimmul777 said:

The most recent is arthritis in my knee. It's been hurting me for over a month now and not getting better. Got a X-ray a week ago and going for an ultrasound in a couple of weeks. Don't think it's going to do any good, but worth a shot. Been on pain meds for a while now and it does make a difference, but as far as I know arthritis gets worse over time. 😢

I was diagnosed with RA, and my only symptom was that my knee was swelling. I was an idiot, I didn't get it looked at for over a half a year, and it took just as long to come up with that diagnosis. I was on a DMARD for about a year and I've been in remission for 2 years so far. But yeah, it sucks.

@Chutebox said:

@SOedipus: I was in the hospital for my...son I think and some dude in an open room had one. Dude sounded like he was literally dying.

I only felt pain once, which was when the stone was moving through my right ureter. The pain started off as a cramp and just became worse and worse. I was home alone and I remember getting out of my chair and then just toppling over in the living room, going into the fetal position. I was out of breath and couldn't scream, and the damn cat was walking all over me thinking that it was great, but the dog outside was barking through the window knowing something was wrong. It took about a week before I passed it, and the day I passed it I was feeling really off, but no pain. Ended up getting a UTI from it too, not painful but uncomfortable.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6857 Posts

Probably worse injury in recent years was the shoulder. Playing football, and I tried to roll into a catch. Dumb move. Didn't break, but I hear a clicking noise once in a while now.

claymoreman23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 claymoreman23
Member since 2019 • 302 Posts

Fell off a balcony in Korea 10 years ago, woke up in the ambulance and nether the less broke my back and spine. luckily I've recovered..

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DEVILinIRON

@with_teeth26: That really sucks about the no TV and videogames. What did you do to occupy your time instead? Or was the pain so bad that you couldn't really do anything?

I had a blow to the head that had me speaking strangely for a few years. Can't say it wasn't fun though. I also had undiagnosed bipolar one, so I was bouncing off the walls. Strange daze.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SOedipus

@DEVILinIRON said:

@with_teeth26: That really sucks about the no TV and videogames. What did you do to occupy your time instead? Or was the pain so bad that you couldn't really do anything?

I had a blow to the head that had me speaking strangely for a few years. Can't say it wasn't fun though. I also had undiagnosed bipolar one, so I was bouncing off the walls. Strange daze.

Out of curiosity, were you diagnosed with bipolar, or had shown symptoms, before or after the blow to your head?

claymoreman23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 claymoreman23
Member since 2019 • 302 Posts

@SOedipus: stubbed my toe all the time somehow in the morning Lol

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8478 Posts

Burnt the roof of my mouth eating a Hot Pocket

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DEVILinIRON

@SOedipus: I was diagnosed after. Though I don't think the blow was the cause of my bipolar illness. I believe the blow amplified what was already there.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#21 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

@DEVILinIRON: I most read in my spare time and slept a lot. Did some baking when I was feeling up to it. I continued working which involves spending a lot of time on a computer but the static images didn't bother me as much as games/shows etc.

I had some headaches but the main symptom was significant dizziness and light headedness that would last for days on end

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SOedipus

@DEVILinIRON said:

@SOedipus: I was diagnosed after. Though I don't think the blow was the cause of my bipolar illness. I believe the blow amplified what was already there.

I was curious because my mom was diagnosed with bipolar I recently. She fell and hit her head on the pavement a few months before she started showing manic symptoms, and they got really bad. It's possible that the fall had nothing to do with it, but it's not something anyone else in the family has. She had scans done and they couldn't find anything out of the ordinary but there is so much about the brain that we don't understand.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DEVILinIRON

@SOedipus said:
@DEVILinIRON said:

I there is so much about the brain that we don't understand.

So true.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127534 Posts

Back pain from something, probably incorrect weightlifting, a couple of years ago. I didn’t take it seriously to begin with so it took 3-4 months to get significantly better.

I got no issues with it these days and I am much more careful with lifting weights.

avichay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 avichay
Member since 2020 • 6 Posts

while i was 10, i jumped to our next neigbour's yard in order to take my ball back. I wasnt aware there was a hole next to wall. I falled so bad and got hurt, i did even see my knee's bone. I dont know why but i couldnt even cry or scream.