What's your favorite breed of dog???

• 110 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MetalDogGear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MetalDogGear
Member since 2013 • 825 Posts
Mine is Husky
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

0/10 read a book

valium88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 valium88
Member since 2006 • 4455 Posts

The religious still can't prove how everything became from one thing.

MetalDogGear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MetalDogGear

valium88
Define religious. I'm not a religious person. I'm a christian There's a big difference. Religion breeds hatred, and intolerance and wars. It's a disease that spreads like wildfire The true teachings of christ preach love and tolerance. That is the difference between Christ and Religion.
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

Science will never be able to prove why something comes from nothing. Which means, according to this, the Atheist's arguments get crushed under their own gravity. Simply put: if nothing can come nothing, then there had to be something And that something had to create the universe And so it had to be a sentient being And if it was sentient, it was God. Science tells us that humanity is nothing but a heartless machine that only cares about its own survival. And so there has to be a God to edify this situation.MetalDogGear

Something comes from nothing all the time, all around you. Particles and anti-particles are popping into and out of existence all the time (they completely annihilate each other). We don't need to go back to the big bang for the mystery of 'something from nothing'.

Besides, if the total sum energy of the universe is 0, as it seems, then there really is nothing here, anyway.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#7 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

O didn't you know? Scientists made a time machine and witnessed the Earth being formed out of dying vegetation in outa space. And they also witnessed the big bang (tiny atom that came from nothing and exploded thus the universe......:roll: ). And they also witnessed apes turn in humans, it's still happening till this very day.

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Yusuke420
Member since 2012 • 2770 Posts

[QUOTE="MetalDogGear"]Science will never be able to prove why something comes from nothing. Which means, according to this, the Atheist's arguments get crushed under their own gravity. Simply put: if nothing can come nothing, then there had to be something And that something had to create the universe And so it had to be a sentient being And if it was sentient, it was God. Science tells us that humanity is nothing but a heartless machine that only cares about its own survival. And so there has to be a God to edify this situation.br0kenrabbit

Something comes from nothing all the time, all around you. Particles and anti-particles are popping into and out of existence all the time (they completely annihilate each other). We don't need to go back to the big bang for the mystery of 'something from nothing'.

Besides, if the total sum energy of the universe is 0, as it seems, then there really is nothing here, anyway.

That's a mind f*ck lol...

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Yusuke420

[QUOTE="valium88"]

MetalDogGear

Define religious. I'm not a religious person. I'm a christian There's a big difference. Religion breeds hatred, and intolerance and wars. It's a disease that spreads like wildfire The true teachings of christ preach love and tolerance. That is the difference between Christ and Religion.

Christainity is a religion, what are you talking about?

Avatar image for deactivated-58061ea11c905
deactivated-58061ea11c905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-58061ea11c905
Member since 2011 • 999 Posts

Nothing has nothing been observed in any scientific experiment. There is always 'something', even in seemingly empty space. Physicists call it the quantum vacuum.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero-point_energy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_vacuum

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

O didn't you know? Scientists made a time machine and witnessed the Earth being formed out of dying vegetation in outa space. And they also witnessed the big bang (tiny atom that came from nothing and exploded thus the universe......:roll: ). And they also witnessed apes turn in humans, it's still happening till this very day.

ristactionjakso
You should have made this topic
Avatar image for SonyNintendoFan
SonyNintendoFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SonyNintendoFan
Member since 2010 • 527 Posts
I wonder why God created such a huge universe with so many Galaxies... its overwhelming... it boggles my mind how infinitely powerful God is ^_^
Celldrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Celldrax
Member since 2005 • 15053 Posts

Fact: Doesn't matter what you do or don't believe, no one can prove a damn thing.

4/10, made me reply.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19564 Posts

Atheists still can't prove how something can come from nothingMetalDogGear

Assuming that is true, religious people cannot prove their stance either. So if you're going to give scientific evidence such weight and importance, what is your point?

Simply put: if nothing can come nothing, then there had to be something And that something had to create the universe And so it had to be a sentient being And if it was sentient, it was God.MetalDogGear

Whoa there Nelly, you're taking some pretty massive leaps of logic there!

Assuming that something had to create the universe, why does that creator have to be a sentient being?
Assuming that the creator of the universe had to be sentient, why does that creator have to be a god?
Assuming that the creator of the universe had to be a god, which of the infinite possible (or impossible) gods would it be?

Science tells us that humanity is nothing but a heartless machine that only cares about its own survival. And so there has to be a God to edify this situation.MetalDogGear

Actually, science tells us that humans have hearts, and it also gives us a pretty good idea of how they work.
Science has also told us that hearts have very little to do with how we think as individuals, and that humans (and some other animals) have a great capacity for compassion.

So...uh, again, why jump to conclusions?
You cannot possibly prove that your particular God is the only thing stopping humans from 'becoming heartless, self-interested machines', so why in hell would you be so certain that that is true (especially when just about -every- religion in human history has claimed that)?

*edit* I mean, by your logic, we might as well all start worshipping Odin again. Or Osiris. Or the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Or me (yes, that's right, I'll admit it - I created the universe!).

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 wis3boi

dont feed the troll :|

Chemistian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 Chemistian
Member since 2003 • 635 Posts
[QUOTE="valium88"]

MetalDogGear

So basically: so long as you can re-define the terminology and place blinders on both the historical and scientific realities you do not wish to accept, you are pretty sure you are on to something....Yep,. you sound like a Christian to me...
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts
How do you know the being was sentient? And why would this sentient being have to be God (presumably the Abrahamic one)?
littledoug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 littledoug
Member since 2008 • 219 Posts

No, the total sum of the energy is not zero, it is constant. There is a difference.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts
I'm a Deist. Don't really care about the details but do believe a supreme being had to spark the universe.
michael582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 michael582
Member since 2003 • 1064 Posts

Enjoy:http://www.amazon.com/Universe-Nothing-There-Something-Rather/dp/145162445X

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 br0kenrabbit

No, the total sum of the energy is not zero, it is constant. There is a difference.

littledoug

The Zero Sum Energy Universe is quite an advanced theory. You should look it up.

Here's a real quick read on it.

Avatar image for Cloud_Insurance
Cloud_Insurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Cloud_Insurance
Member since 2008 • 3279 Posts

so where did god come from?

he create himself? out of what?

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 br0kenrabbit

I'm a Deist. Don't really care about the details but do believe a supreme being had to spark the universe. KC_Hokie

Who sparked the Supreme Being? What about the place this being resides? Did he/it exist before the place he/it exists in?

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Yusuke420

[QUOTE="littledoug"]

br0kenrabbit

The Zero Sum Energy Universe is quite an advanced theory. You should look it up.

Here's a real quick read on it.

That was an interesting article! Where do you get your news as it relates to these subjects? I find all of this fasinating!

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 br0kenrabbit

That was an interesting article! Where do you get your news as it relates to these subjects? I find all of this fasinating!

Yusuke420

Articles like the above I hadn't read before, but I knew of the theory from other places so I just Googled it and that article was succinct and fit the bill.

As for my originating sources: Discover magazine, Scientific American, Popular Mechanics, quantum theory forums, string theory forums, and all those advanced physics classes I took in college.

You can stand up and try to teach me something all day, and I won't learn a thing. But if I read it, I know it forever.

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Yusuke420

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

br0kenrabbit

Articles like the above I hadn't read before, but I knew of the theory from other places so I just Googled it and that article was succinct and fit the bill.

As for my originating sources: Discover magazine, Scientific American, Popular Mechanics, quantum theory forums, string theory forums, and all those advanced physics classes I took in college.

You can stand up and try to teach me something all day, and I won't learn a thing. But if I read it, I know it forever.

Good stuff, looks like I have to get back into school lol...

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

Science will never be able to prove why something comes from nothing. Which means, according to this, the Atheist's arguments get crushed under their own gravity. Simply put: if nothing can come nothing, then there had to be something And that something had to create the universe And so it had to be a sentient being And if it was sentient, it was God. Science tells us that humanity is nothing but a heartless machine that only cares about its own survival. And so there has to be a God to edify this situation.MetalDogGear

I don't make that claim. I make the claim it is an unknown. Replacing this unknown with 'God did it' without any evidence is an intellectual dead end, so I just leave it as an unknown.

But people are free put whatever they want in place of the unknown if it helps them.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 br0kenrabbit

Good stuff, looks like I have to get back into school lol...

Yusuke420

Bah, I've learned far more about everything since I left school than I did in all my years in school. Like I've said here before, the most important thing school teaches you is how to teach yourself.

Visit a physics forum if you're interested, they're not OT by a long shot: you're not going to run into very many idiots on those forums, if any at all.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
I sometimes wish we had more topics about physics and science in general. It's far more interesting than the usual political tripe we deal with here. We have an unfortunate situation here where it's largely intellectually vacant topic subject that are forced to become better by users in the topic. Unfortunately because these topics almost always have the same start we never manage to move into terribly interesting discussions and we seem to have no users here to ask questions as the users who could stand to learn seem content not knowing things.
Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Yusuke420

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"] Good stuff, looks like I have to get back into school lol...

br0kenrabbit

Bah, I've learned far more about everything since I left school than I did in all my years in school. Like I've said here before, the most important thing school teaches you is how to teach yourself.

Visit a physics forum if you're interested, they're not OT by a long shot: you're not going to run into very many idiots on those forums, if any at all.

I'll do just that thank you!

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 br0kenrabbit

I sometimes wish we had more topics about physics and science in general. It's far more interesting than the usual political tripe we deal with here. We have an unfortunate situation here where it's largely intellectually vacant topic subject that are forced to become better by users in the topic.Ace6301

That would be awesome, but how many users here do you think could actually participate meaningfully in such a discussion? There's a few here that I know of, but I can count them on one hand.

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Yusuke420

I sometimes wish we had more topics about physics and science in general. It's far more interesting than the usual political tripe we deal with here. We have an unfortunate situation here where it's largely intellectually vacant topic subject that are forced to become better by users in the topic. Unfortunately because these topics almost always have the same start we never manage to move into terribly interesting discussions and we seem to have no users here to ask questions as the users who could stand to learn seem content not knowing things.Ace6301
We simply wouldn't get any hits if we started talking sub-atomic particles or space. In the future though I will make threads about these issue as they are much more interesting then fighting about weapons into infinity.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Ace6301

[QUOTE="Ace6301"]I sometimes wish we had more topics about physics and science in general. It's far more interesting than the usual political tripe we deal with here. We have an unfortunate situation here where it's largely intellectually vacant topic subject that are forced to become better by users in the topic.br0kenrabbit

That would be awesome, but how many users here do you think could actually participate meaningfully in such a discussion? There's a few here that I know of, but I can count them on one hand.

Well that's really the problem isn't it? The users who know these things are just going to be sitting around circle jerking facts they already knew with an occasional fact brought up that some may not have known. Partially because of dwindling usership here and partially because on this board people are somewhat hostile to ideas as ideas seemingly because it is in opposition to their current beliefs. It's actually somewhat mind boggling to me that people don't want to know things for the sake of knowing them.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts
[QUOTE="MetalDogGear"]Science will never be able to prove why something comes from nothing. Which means, according to this, the Atheist's arguments get crushed under their own gravity. Simply put: if nothing can come nothing, then there had to be something And that something had to create the universe And so it had to be a sentient being And if it was sentient, it was God. Science tells us that humanity is nothing but a heartless machine that only cares about its own survival. And so there has to be a God to edify this situation.

Then whence came God?
valium88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 valium88
Member since 2006 • 4455 Posts

[QUOTE="valium88"]

MetalDogGear

Religion is an organized collection of belief systems, cultural systems, and world views that relate humanity to spirituality and, sometimes, to moral values. Many religions have narratives, symbols, traditions and sacred histories that are intended to give meaning to life or to explain the origin of life or the Universe. There is as you say a difference between christ and religion, but your belief makes you per definition religious.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#39 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

dont feed the troll :|

SNIPER4321

implying u are not.

OT: oh look its this thread again.JRPG

Religious and irreligious ppls never agree on same thing. so let they live how they want and let us how we want. /Thread

lol. WTF?

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Ace6301
[QUOTE="worlock77"][QUOTE="MetalDogGear"]Science will never be able to prove why something comes from nothing. Which means, according to this, the Atheist's arguments get crushed under their own gravity. Simply put: if nothing can come nothing, then there had to be something And that something had to create the universe And so it had to be a sentient being And if it was sentient, it was God. Science tells us that humanity is nothing but a heartless machine that only cares about its own survival. And so there has to be a God to edify this situation.

Then whence came God?

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 wis3boi

[QUOTE="worlock77"][QUOTE="MetalDogGear"]Science will never be able to prove why something comes from nothing. Which means, according to this, the Atheist's arguments get crushed under their own gravity. Simply put: if nothing can come nothing, then there had to be something And that something had to create the universe And so it had to be a sentient being And if it was sentient, it was God. Science tells us that humanity is nothing but a heartless machine that only cares about its own survival. And so there has to be a God to edify this situation.Ace6301
Then whence came God?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnk9-w0JljsPfe3mczJ2D

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 worlock77
[QUOTE="Ace6301"][QUOTE="worlock77"][QUOTE="MetalDogGear"]Science will never be able to prove why something comes from nothing. Which means, according to this, the Atheist's arguments get crushed under their own gravity. Simply put: if nothing can come nothing, then there had to be something And that something had to create the universe And so it had to be a sentient being And if it was sentient, it was God. Science tells us that humanity is nothing but a heartless machine that only cares about its own survival. And so there has to be a God to edify this situation.

Then whence came God?

lol. His expression is perfect for that caption.
GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#43 GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts

the ignorance here is...ugh.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Ace6301

GrayF0X786
I know right? Peoples understanding of physics is kind of disappointing.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 wis3boi

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

Ace6301

I know right? Peoples understanding of physics is kind of disappointing.

Get your edumacationz outta here, I've got my ancient book to tell me the wonders of my flat earth

MetalDogGear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MetalDogGear
[QUOTE="worlock77"][QUOTE="MetalDogGear"]Science will never be able to prove why something comes from nothing. Which means, according to this, the Atheist's arguments get crushed under their own gravity. Simply put: if nothing can come nothing, then there had to be something And that something had to create the universe And so it had to be a sentient being And if it was sentient, it was God. Science tells us that humanity is nothing but a heartless machine that only cares about its own survival. And so there has to be a God to edify this situation.

Then whence came God?

Lol, time is a product of God. And products cannot exist before their creators. Therefore time did not exist before God Therefore God did not have a beginning Can we please get some intelligent people in here Jesus I feel like I'm at a Mississippi high school reunion.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 wis3boi

[QUOTE="worlock77"][QUOTE="MetalDogGear"]Science will never be able to prove why something comes from nothing. Which means, according to this, the Atheist's arguments get crushed under their own gravity. Simply put: if nothing can come nothing, then there had to be something And that something had to create the universe And so it had to be a sentient being And if it was sentient, it was God. Science tells us that humanity is nothing but a heartless machine that only cares about its own survival. And so there has to be a God to edify this situation.MetalDogGear
Then whence came God?

Lol, time is a product of God. And products cannot exist before their creators. Therefore time did not exist before God Therefore God did not have a beginning Can we please get some intelligent people in here Jesus I feel like I'm at a Mississippi high school reunion.

no one cares about your life story

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Ace6301
[QUOTE="MetalDogGear"][QUOTE="worlock77"][QUOTE="MetalDogGear"]Science will never be able to prove why something comes from nothing. Which means, according to this, the Atheist's arguments get crushed under their own gravity. Simply put: if nothing can come nothing, then there had to be something And that something had to create the universe And so it had to be a sentient being And if it was sentient, it was God. Science tells us that humanity is nothing but a heartless machine that only cares about its own survival. And so there has to be a God to edify this situation.

Then whence came God?

I believe I already posted this explanation but more eloquently.
Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Guybrush_3
Member since 2008 • 8308 Posts

I'm not an anthiest, but you're clearly too stupid to understand science.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 worlock77
[QUOTE="MetalDogGear"][QUOTE="worlock77"][QUOTE="MetalDogGear"]Science will never be able to prove why something comes from nothing. Which means, according to this, the Atheist's arguments get crushed under their own gravity. Simply put: if nothing can come nothing, then there had to be something And that something had to create the universe And so it had to be a sentient being And if it was sentient, it was God. Science tells us that humanity is nothing but a heartless machine that only cares about its own survival. And so there has to be a God to edify this situation.

Then whence came God?

If something cannot come from nothing then everything then God cannot have come from nothing. So where did God come from?