Whats wrong with Today's Teenagers ?

• 103 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Nowdays Most Teenagers & specially on Gamespot ( Students Mostly ) love listening to J - POP over POP , Reading JAPANESE MANGA over Great Comics as TINTIN , Watching JAPANESE ANIMES over DISNEY Channel , Reading Translated Japanese Action Fiction over good old English Children Books , Prefering JRPG video games over RPG , Have Crush on Hot Japanese Chicks over Blondes and Brunette Models , Wants to be Exchange Students in Japan .

No love for English Culture Anymore ?

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

I'd like to see a stat that says more teenagers listen to J-Pop over pop. That MIGHT be the case here on gamespot OT but in real life I'd assume (American) teenagers are 100 times more likely to listen to "regular" American pop music. Same for a lot of the other things you mentioned.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

They think things like cell phones, Facebook, computers, the internet, are all rights.

They're too self-entitled.

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
I'd like to see a stat that says most teenagers listen to J-Pop over pop. That MIGHT be the case here on gamespot OT but in real life I'd assume teenagers are 100 times more likely to listen to "regular" American pop music. Same for a lot of the other things you mentioned.JML897
My sentiment as well. I barely know any teenagers in real life who would openly admit they like J-POP over Pop.
MistressMinako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 MistressMinako
Member since 2008 • 45964 Posts
I thought that was only on OT, never really noticed it offline. Teens here usually get into whatever is popular here at the time. The more internetish teenagers are into Japan stuff.
Baconbits2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Baconbits2004
Member since 2009 • 12602 Posts
The Disney channel in particular is pretty... umn, not good, Speaking of Disney, they rarely make good movies anymore. =/
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#7 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

Nowdays Most Teenagers from all around the world & specially on Gamespot ( Students Mostly ) love listening to J - POP over POP , Reading JAPANESE MANGA over Great Comics as TINTIN , Watching JAPANESE ANIMES over DISNEY Channel , Reading Translated Japanese Action Fiction over good old English Children Books , Prefering JRPG video games over RPG , Have Crush on Hot Japanese Chicks over Blondes and Brunette Models , Wants to be Exchange Students in Japan .

indzman
whats wrong with that? I Assume this is not a serious thread. and I thought this thread was going to be about how nowadays teenagers love to get drunk, doing stupid things, having jersey shore guys as their role models, and just being stupid overall, which is the real problem with today's teens
indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

I thought that was only on OT, never really noticed it offline. Teens here usually get into whatever is popular here at the time. The more internetish teenagers are into Japan stuff.MistressMinako

Yeah , Most Teenagers Who love Internet are completely into Japan Stuff . See Love for Manga / Animes / Jrpg lol .

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

Nowdays Most Teenagers from all around the world & specially on Gamespot ( Students Mostly ) love listening to J - POP over POP , Reading JAPANESE MANGA over Great Comics as TINTIN , Watching JAPANESE ANIMES over DISNEY Channel , Reading Translated Japanese Action Fiction over good old English Children Books , Prefering JRPG video games over RPG , Have Crush on Hot Japanese Chicks over Blondes and Brunette Models , Wants to be Exchange Students in Japan .

indzman

You are mistaking GS OT for the real world. Almost nobody is into anything you just listed.

Wolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Wolls
Member since 2005 • 19119 Posts
Do most teenagers do this, cos I'm pretty sure the majority either dont or tried it and didnt carry on with it. Anyway whats wrong with being culturally diverse?
jak275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jak275
Member since 2007 • 431 Posts
I'd say thats a vocal minority.
WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

They think things like cell phones, Facebook, computers, the internet, are all rights.

They're too self-entitled.

DroidPhysX

This.

I lived in Japan as a kid for three years (my Pops was stationed there) and never really got into the anime or other types of comics they had and J Pop didn't exist. I can't figure out why so many on thjis forum are so into any of that either though I have always enjoyed the beauty of Japanese women.

Nude_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Nude_Dude
Member since 2007 • 5530 Posts
DISNEY Channel indzman
Teenagers? Really?
Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

We're constantly being ***** about by our parent generation for insignificant and meaningless bullcrap like this, that's what's wrong with us.

weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts
Don't all old people spout this about all young people? Reminds of the "back in my day" stuff
sAndroid17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 sAndroid17
Member since 2005 • 8715 Posts

what pirate said

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
yea thats mostly OT kids. I've never been into japanese stuff, i was never that big of a nerd. anime, jrpgs and all that stuff has always seemed really lame to me for the most part. and i dont really know anyone else into japanese stuff except for maybe my cousin but thats because he's half asian. although asian women are fine as hell :P
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Those damn teenagers. I just shake my fist at them to demonstrate I am not pleased with their generation.

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Theokhoth
Member since 2008 • 36799 Posts

It's that darn rap music and them iProds or whatever they's called. Back in my day we used to cut the grass with dental floss and if we complained we were mutilated by our neighbors while our parents watched, nodding.

MistressMinako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MistressMinako
Member since 2008 • 45964 Posts

[QUOTE="MistressMinako"]I thought that was only on OT, never really noticed it offline. Teens here usually get into whatever is popular here at the time. The more internetish teenagers are into Japan stuff.indzman

Yeah , Most Teenagers Who love Internet are completely into Japan Stuff . See Love for Manga / Animes / Jrpg lol .

It's mainly a phase for some people anyway. Will I still like this stuff when I am 40? Maybe, maybe not. It's like how some teens branch out of the pop music industry and go to rock/metal/etc. Will they like it when they turn a certain age? Who knows. Only a few keep what they liked when they were younger.
FatCatPatRat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FatCatPatRat
Member since 2010 • 550 Posts

when it comes to music most teenagers like anything that has david guetta, pitbull or akon in it. true story.

VensInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 VensInferno
Member since 2010 • 3395 Posts

This reminds me on my Thread called " How to handle Weaboos" :lol:

gbpackers94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 gbpackers94
Member since 2008 • 685 Posts
[QUOTE="indzman"] DISNEY Channel Nude_Dude
Teenagers? Really?

Honestly.
Sandulf29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Sandulf29
Member since 2010 • 14330 Posts

i dont repeat dont like any of those stuff. i love to watch action movies and TV shows like how i met your mother and burn notice, listen to LP, green day and eminem, and love to play action-adventure games like POp, assassins creed, prototype, DMC, batman etc. and shooters like crysis, COD, max payne etc. and love to read archies, marvel and dc comics. maybe you are looking at only handful of them who read manga and watch anime and create all the noise about naruto and pokemon. even if it were just let it be and this trend may fade away someday

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

I blame Bush

[spoiler] Just kidding [/spoiler]

SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SkyWard20
Member since 2009 • 4509 Posts

We're constantly being ***** about by our parent generation for insignificant and meaningless bullcrap like this, that's what's wrong with us.

Barbariser

I wanted to say something like that, but there it is. O.o

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts
What's wrong with that, TC? :shock:
SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

Yeah I think that is just the case here in the online world, not real life.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

Also, you should probably change English culture to Western culture. :)

SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SkyWard20
What's wrong with that, TC? :shock:Hexagon_777
Teenagers have apparently moved to anime from American cartoons, which sounds good on paper. At least now producers might put a little effort in their shows/comics to recapture their audience back.
MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts
I know what you mean...yhese damn kids with their flying machines and hippity hop music. Back in my day we had to walk 30 miles to go to school then back to work. All kids these days are lazy. Damn whippersnappers
VensInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32 VensInferno
Member since 2010 • 3395 Posts

[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]What's wrong with that, TC? :shock:SkyWard20
Teenagers have apparently moved to anime from American cartoons, which sounds good on paper. At least now producers might put a little effort in their shows/comics to recapture their audience back.

The problem is that American Cartoons suck now. Adventure Times? It looks horrible. They're are barely any cartoons on Disney Channel.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#33 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
Being just out of my teenage years, 20, I have to ask a few things. Why would teenagers be watching Disney? Why would anyone watch Disney anymore? Anime can be for kid or adults and cover all genres and in some cases is beautifully animated, how does the Disney Channel compare to that? Who is listening to J Pop? I never see anyone doing that, maybe some on this forum but I don't think we are the majority. I don't really like music Translated Action Fictions over childrens books, I have no idea what that even means and, much like Disney, why should teenagers be reading childrens books? I don't know many people that prefer JRPGs over western anymore. I'm pretty much only attracted to Middle Eastern or Japanese women, why would I have only an attraction to Blondes from living in America? I guess I might have liked to be an exchange student in Japan if I spoke the language. It sucks here, might as well see all the ways it is better and worse there, and build up my Japanese and retro game collections while over there.
MagnumPI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MagnumPI
Member since 2002 • 9617 Posts

I didnotnotice this, probably because I do not hang around teenagers. Also this is the first time I've heard of J-Pop and I did not realize it's an epidemic. Does it matter? Do you think I still listen to theawful crap I listened to when I was a teenager. Sure it sounded good when I was a teenager but that was only because my brain was teenaged.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#35 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Teenagers are losers regardless of what generation they come from. They've been in the past, in the present, and likely in the future.

communistcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 communistcat
Member since 2010 • 1531 Posts

Only on the internet are teenagers obsessed with Japanese stuff. IRL I only know a few kids who are obsessed with japanese culture except for kids who are actually Asian.

argetlam00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 argetlam00
Member since 2006 • 6573 Posts

rofl, I'm afraid Japan just puts out better quality entertainment. Its not my fault many of the western made comics and shows are so boring.

Only on the internet are teenagers obsessed with Japanese stuff. IRL I only know a few kids who are obsessed with japanese culture except for kids who are actually Asian.

communistcat

Generally, if any teenager likes video games, he likes Japanese stuff.

phatkav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 phatkav
Member since 2005 • 1357 Posts

The problem is all what you are saying is wrong. Comics sell more than manga. Western cartoons sell more than anime and are more popular. WRPGs are better received and more popular than JRPGs and just lol at j-pop being more popular than western music.

Stop basing all of this on one forum that doesn't even represent 1% of teenagers.

markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
since when did most kids do this? Also i prefer the world this way and hope it goes more in that direction where people aren't tied to interests due to their geographical location.
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

The main problem with today's teenagers is that they are teenagers.

SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SkyWard20

Teenagers are losers regardless of what generation they come from. They've been in the past, in the present, and likely in the future.

sonicare
Your adivce is invaluable.
disharmonized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 disharmonized
Member since 2010 • 1051 Posts
Of the teenagers I know, myself included, almost none of that is true. Disney and comic books are just not very popular among most teenagers i know. Some find certain Japanese women more attractive than American, but it is not purely out of dislike of american culture as you say.
one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6822 Posts

Classic rock music that seems to be so cool nowadays has probably been ridiculed when it just started to become popular among the young crowd of the previous generations.

MrBubbles59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MrBubbles59
Member since 2010 • 686 Posts

The only problem I have with teenagers is that they seem to use at least one swear word per sentence.

Maniacc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#45 Maniacc1
Member since 2006 • 5354 Posts

[QUOTE="indzman"]

Pirate700

You are mistaking GS OT for the real world. Almost nobody is into anything you just listed.

Bingo. Come on down, you've just won a new car!

berserker2389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 berserker2389
Member since 2010 • 4627 Posts

The Disney channel in particular is pretty... umn, not good, Speaking of Disney, they rarely make good movies anymore. =/Baconbits2004
Still one of the best :P

firefluff3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 firefluff3
Member since 2010 • 2073 Posts

Are you being serious? (Not a rhetorical question)

Most "pop" music sucks these days anyway, I could dig deeper to find some good stuff but everything thats popular with teens sucks, most mainstream artists don't even write there own songs, but I respect the ones that do. Theres nothing wrong with manga, but Anime over Disney channel? Really? I think thats a GOOD thing. And the rest is just subjective.

The real problems with teens are -

Music

Whats deemed as "cool" nowadays

Thinking COD is the only game that exists

Constantly being on facebook (Nobody wants to know if you just got off the bus goddammit!)

Oh, and im a teen myself.

EDIT: theres other teens on OT? :O

pspdseagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 pspdseagle
Member since 2007 • 3307 Posts

[QUOTE="indzman"]

Pirate700

Asians are? But yeah, other than Asians noooo...

jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jeremiah06
Member since 2004 • 7217 Posts
Well it's America's fault... Lets look at the shows I watched as a kid on American TV in English... Power Rangers, Dragon Ball Z, MetaBots, Zoids, Yugioh, Pokemon, Digimon etc... I had no idea this stuff was Japanese... Then toonami came on full of anime... Voltron, G-Force, Robotech, Gundam Wing, Tenchi Muyo!, Big O, Outlaw star, Gundam 08th MS Team, Yu yu hakusho etc... To me this stuff was just cartoons... Then adult swim came on full of anime... I was getting older around this time and I had a computer... I got so into Full Metal Alchemist that I went on the internet to see if I could find any episodes on limewire... I found them all in Japanese... I saw the uncut action and then decided to do some research... Turned out my entire childhood was shrouded in Japanese culture... My TV, Video Games, Toys... All Japanese... It's not a preference I created... It was decided for me...