What's the nicest compliment someone ever gave you?

#1 Posted by XVision84 (16232 posts) -

It can be anything that made you feel good in recent memory if you don't have anything particular in mind.

#2 Posted by br0kenrabbit (16068 posts) -

"You're awfully generous in bed."

Hahaha, yes, I take care of my women.

#3 Posted by Gaming-Planet (19962 posts) -

Smart, hot, cute, funny.

Seems to be less and less of that as I age and become more jaded lol.

#4 Posted by uninspiredcup (33664 posts) -

I use to get alot of compliments for drawing. It was like, literally the only thing of value I had to offer.

Oh wells.

#5 Posted by Kadin_Kai (501 posts) -

You’re the lesser of two evils

#6 Posted by Gamerno6666 (6801 posts) -

You are a good person.

#7 Posted by Heirren (1504 posts) -

@br0kenrabbit:

Thats not a compliment.

#8 Edited by Ezekiel43 (1602 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

I use to get alot of compliments for drawing. It was like, literally the only thing of value I had to offer.

Oh wells.

Same. I don't draw anymore. Became extremely boring and unsatisfying in my mid teens. When I was little, I thought it would be a lifelong passion.

#10 Posted by XVision84 (16232 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: What happened? You don't draw as much anymore? It would be cool to see some of your drawings!

#11 Edited by XVision84 (16232 posts) -

@Gamerno6666: I can attest to this. If you ever need a letter of reference just call me up, I gotchu brah.

#12 Edited by uninspiredcup (33664 posts) -

@ezekiel43 said:

Same. I don't draw anymore. Became extremely boring and unsatisfying in my mid teens. When I was little, I thought it would be a lifelong passion.

The case with many people no doubt.

@XVision84 said:

@uninspiredcup: What happened? You don't draw as much anymore? It would be cool to see some of your drawings!

Last thing I worked on was a face reconstruction trying to get a younger version of Mary Stewart. Never finished it.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/972123142794184048/D3153CF8424DE1E35F820B624A770A86319E3985/

#13 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25849 posts) -

"Alright, dickhead?"

I was alright.

#14 Posted by XVision84 (16232 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: I'm sure you've heard this many times, but that's amazing. I've seen you recommend drawing books and give advice here so it's clear you put a lot of work in. Hopefully in the future you pick it back up :)

#15 Posted by Horgen (120591 posts) -

I would do you if you were older. Female co-worker had a crush on me I think, but found the age difference to big.

#16 Posted by Heirren (1504 posts) -

Ive got a jealous guy trying to kill me.

#17 Posted by MirkoS77 (14217 posts) -

"You seem like you'd be harder to get to know, but someone for whom it'd be worth it" or something along those lines.

#18 Posted by Heirren (1504 posts) -

Oh what else to say lol

#19 Posted by warmblur (2520 posts) -

''You could be a comedian.

#20 Posted by Heirren (1504 posts) -

@warmblur:

I know right

#21 Posted by warmblur (2520 posts) -

@heirren said:

@warmblur:

I know right

I wasn't talking about you.

#22 Posted by Heirren (1504 posts) -

@warmblur:

Haha yeah same difference if you know what i mean :)

#23 Edited by pook99 (862 posts) -

Last week my group of 8th graders got promoted to high school. I have been their principal since they were in 6th grade, when I got up on stage to speak the entire auditorium stood up, all the parents, all my teachers, and all the students behind me stood up and gave me a very loud and very long standing ovation. I have never in my life seen any principal get a reception like that before they even speak, it was testament to how hard I worked for the kids, the school, and the community over the past 3 years and it was the most humbling experience in my life. Having over 1000 people stand for you before you even speak to acknowledge all you have done for them is the highest praise I have ever gotten in my life

#24 Posted by PSP107 (17476 posts) -

@horgen said:

I would do you if you were older. Female co-worker had a crush on me I think, but found the age difference to big.

What was the age gap?

@pook99 said:

Having over 1000 people stand for you before you even speak to acknowledge all you have done for them is the highest praise I have ever gotten in my life

Did you expect that standing ovation? Did you cry?

#25 Posted by Horgen (120591 posts) -

@PSP107 said:
@horgen said:

What was the age gap?

@pook99 said:

Having over 1000 people stand for you before you even speak to acknowledge all you have done for them is the highest praise I have ever gotten in my life

I was 18 and she was 30.

#26 Posted by pook99 (862 posts) -
@PSP107 said:
@horgen said:

What was the age gap?

@pook99 said:

No, I did not expect it. The awards ceremony is long and the auditorium was hot as anything, most parents are pretty checked out at that point and no other adult get that kind of reaction, it was completely stunning. In the moment I was too shocked to be emotional but definitely cried afterwards.

#27 Posted by jackwl89 (8 posts) -

@pook99 said:

Last week my group of 8th graders got promoted to high school. I have been their principal since they were in 6th grade, when I got up on stage to speak the entire auditorium stood up, all the parents, all my teachers, and all the students behind me stood up and gave me a very loud and very long standing ovation. I have never in my life seen any principal get a reception like that before they even speak, it was testament to how hard I worked for the kids, the school, and the community over the past 3 years and it was the most humbling experience in my life. Having over 1000 people stand for you before you even speak to acknowledge all you have done for them is the highest praise I have ever gotten in my life

Wow man, this is really inspirational. Makes you look at life differently..