What's So Good About Worshipping God?

• 178 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts
[QUOTE="Stinger78"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="Stinger78"] Context would be reading at least the chapter a specific verse comes from, to see where and how the statement might have been made. Today, at least in the media, where complete quotes are supposed to be taken, and not picking and choosing a few words or a single sentence.

I'll ask again since you didn't answer my question. From the link, what is out of context?

Every one of those verses were taken out of context, then paraphrased by the individual. If you'll find the mention of stoning - I recalled a mention of throwing stones and provided a series of verses that make reference to that, rather than just a single one. I kept a verse that might be quoted 'in-context'.

Every single one of those verses was taken out of context? So God never told Moses to slaughter all of the Midianites, including the women and children, sparing only the virgin women who were presumably left to be sex slaves for the Israelites?
Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 Stinger78
Member since 2003 • 5846 Posts
[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="Stinger78"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] I'll ask again since you didn't answer my question. From the link, what is out of context?

Every one of those verses were taken out of context, then paraphrased by the individual. If you'll find the mention of stoning - I recalled a mention of throwing stones and provided a series of verses that make reference to that, rather than just a single one. I kept a verse that might be quoted 'in-context'.

Every single one of those verses was taken out of context? So God never told Moses to slaughter all of the Midianites, including the women and children, sparing only the virgin women who were presumably left to be sex slaves for the Israelites?

If that's exactly what was said and what happened, then there was a reason for the action.
-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 -Sun_Tzu-

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="Stinger78"] Every one of those verses were taken out of context, then paraphrased by the individual. If you'll find the mention of stoning - I recalled a mention of throwing stones and provided a series of verses that make reference to that, rather than just a single one. I kept a verse that might be quoted 'in-context'.Stinger78

If that's exactly what was said and what happened, then there was a reason for the action.

So genocide, ethnic cleansing and sex slavery can be justified given the proper context?

Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Stinger78

[QUOTE="Stinger78"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] Every single one of those verses was taken out of context? So God never told Moses to slaughter all of the Midianites, including the women and children, sparing only the virgin women who were presumably left to be sex slaves for the Israelites? -Sun_Tzu-

So genocide, ethnic cleansing and sex slavery can be justified given the proper context?

God created everything and God has the right to do anything.
dunl12496

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#105 dunl12496
Member since 2009 • 5710 Posts

It gives something for people to do. Like a safety net i guess.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 -Sun_Tzu-
[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"]

[QUOTE="Stinger78"] If that's exactly what was said and what happened, then there was a reason for the action. Stinger78

So should "god made me do it" be an acceptable defense in a court of law?
Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Philokalia
Member since 2012 • 2910 Posts

You say that as if it justifies it.

toast_burner

I'm saying that if we are going to talk intelligently on these topics, we shouldn't make misleading remarks.

Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Philokalia

I didn't say the religion was. The idea of consolidating one morality system is used like that, though. I also never said invented anywhere. Don't know why you're quoting that. Not to mention, I never said it was part of the founding of the religion. Better argument, please?lx_theo

The morals of Christianity were not formed to systematically kill people.

Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Philokalia

I am a Christian, and that still sounds about just as bad.

Brosephus_Rex

Then you make God out to be evil. Jesus worshipped the same God of the Old testament, remember that.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#110 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

[QUOTE="Philokalia"]

It says those who commit homosexual acts should be killed. Be specific please and don't misrepresent.

Stinger78

Personally, I will let God do the killing.

Congrats on having the morals of a stone age barbarian

Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Philokalia

wis3boi

And what makes your morals objectively better? Give it enough time in a thousand years the world may be radically different and what you consider immoral now will be moral.

Brosephus_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Brosephus_Rex
Member since 2012 • 467 Posts

[QUOTE="Brosephus_Rex"]

I am a Christian, and that still sounds about just as bad.

Philokalia

Then you make God out to be evil. Jesus worshipped the same God of the Old testament, remember that.

Doesn't change the fact that the order is to kill people, which, by both human and religious standards (smells contradictory), is VERY bad.

Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Stinger78

[QUOTE="Stinger78"][QUOTE="toast_burner"]

wis3boi

Personally, I will let God do the killing.

Especially the loving God and loving my neighbor part, and the not murdering, lying, stealing and raping, right?
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 wis3boi

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

Philokalia

And what makes your morals objectively better? Give it enough time in a thousand years the world may be radically different and what you consider immoral now will be moral.

That doesn't make it right. I don't care if it was standard to have slaves 200 years ago, for example, it's not the right thing to do. Morals are based on what betters the lives of everyone you share this planet with. Killing others in the name of mythical stories and owning people as property isn't moral. End of story. But i'm sure you'll find some silly justification for ancient books genoicdes and murders and rapes too, I've heard it a million times and it never works.

Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Philokalia

Doesn't change the fact that the order is to kill people, which, by both human and religious standards (smells contradictory), is VERY bad.

Brosephus_Rex

No its not immoral to kill people. It was not immoral for the Byzantines to kill the Latins as they invaded constantiniple. It was not immoral for God to kill his own creation throughout the conquest of Palestine. I take it you have not read the bible.

Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Stinger78
[QUOTE="Stinger78"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] So genocide, ethnic cleansing and sex slavery can be justified given the proper context?-Sun_Tzu-

Made you do what, exactly?
Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Philokalia

That doesn't make it right. I don't care if it was standard to have slaves 200 years ago, for example, it's not the right thing to do. Morals are based on what betters the lives of everyone you share this planet with. Killing others in the name of mythical stories and owning people as property isn't moral. End of story. But i'm sure you'll find some silly justification for ancient books genoicdes and murders and rapes too, I've heard it a million times and it never works.

wis3boi

So in otherwords "Im right because I say so"

Morals are devisive and not neccessarily the result of "bettering" the lives of people. So basically what your saying its your morality verses the morality of an eternal uncreated, all knowing entity. Good luck.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 -Sun_Tzu-
[QUOTE="Stinger78"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="Stinger78"] God created everything and God has the right to do anything.

Made you do what, exactly?

Murder, rape, steal, you name it. Should these crimes be excused if the defendant claimed that god ordered him to carry them out?
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 wis3boi

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

Philokalia

So in otherwords "Im right because I say so"

Morals are devisive and not neccessarily the result of "bettering" the lives of people. So basically what your saying its your morality verses the morality of an eternal uncreated, all knowing entity. Good luck.

I don't believe in your fictional sky daddy, so no, completly wrong. But i know your style, so I'm not going to give you any more undeserving attention

Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Stinger78
People bring up slavery. Again, any person who is in any kind of debt is a slave in the sense that they're working for their debtor until the debt is paid.
Brosephus_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Brosephus_Rex

[QUOTE="Brosephus_Rex"]

Philokalia

No its not immoral to kill people. It was not immoral for the Byzantines to kill the Latins as they invaded constantiniple. It was not immoral for God to kill his own creation throughout the conquest of Palestine. I take it you have not read the bible.

I take it that you are not able to contextualize a statement. We are talking about people being ordered to kill people who pose them no bodily threat, which is murder - the type of killing explicitly forbidden by the Bible. Moreover, the stuff relating to the takeover of Palestine was quite troubling.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 wis3boi

People bring up slavery. Again, any person who is in any kind of debt is a slave in the sense that they're working for their debtor until the debt is paid. Stinger78

You are a disgrace to humanity

Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Stinger78

[QUOTE="Stinger78"]People bring up slavery. Again, any person who is in any kind of debt is a slave in the sense that they're working for their debtor until the debt is paid. wis3boi

You are a disgrace to humanity

Trying to use a modern-day example of a "stone age barbaric" concept.

And TC, I apologize with the amount of time and posts I've made as the topic seems to have gone off-track from the original post.

Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Philokalia

I take it that you are not able to contextualize a statement. We are talking about people being ordered to kill people who pose them no bodily threat, which is murder - the type of killing explicitly forbidden by the Bible. Moreover, the stuff relating to the takeover of Palestine was quite troubling.

Brosephus_Rex

I take it you are one of those Christians who doesn't believe in the bible. Thats fine, but the fact is that the God of Christ, the same God the expounded mercy, love and compassion in both the old and New testament, has commaded the death of people and there were reasons for this, to ensure that israel would live up to God's high standard, but with Christ come there is a new covenant in which the old practical laws are no longer in effect. That doesn't mean a change in morality, rather a change in how it is dealt with. Perhaps you like the Originist would say that all people are saved right? If you want to be a secularist and criticize God, then by all means be as such, but don't claim to be a Christian and that it disturbs you.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 -Sun_Tzu-
People bring up slavery. Again, any person who is in any kind of debt is a slave in the sense that they're working for their debtor until the debt is paid. Stinger78
Yes, taking a mortgage out on your house and being a forced concubine are morally equivalent.
Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Philokalia

I don't believe in your fictional sky daddy, so no, completly wrong. But i know your style, so I'm not going to give you any more undeserving attention

wis3boi

Since when is an entity that is Omni present relegated exactly to the sky? I don't get this. It would make more sense to call him a human father because he resides in those who believe in him. But perhaps thats no generous a thing to ask on your part. The problem is with your saying that the ancient people were somehow less moral indicates taht you will be less more by future standards. So I simply ask the question by which objective method do we know morality? It seems the popular notion among atheists is this naturalism and evolution theory of it, though that only begs more moral problems. Quite simply your morality is inadequate when compared to an eternal consistent all knowing morality.

Brosephus_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Brosephus_Rex

[QUOTE="Brosephus_Rex"]

Philokalia

I take it you are one of those Christians who doesn't believe in the bible. Thats fine, but the fact is that the God of Christ, the same God the expounded mercy, love and compassion in both the old and New testament, has commaded the death of people and there were reasons for this, to ensure that israel would live up to God's high standard, but with Christ come there is a new covenant in which the old practical laws are no longer in effect. That doesn't mean a change in morality, rather a change in how it is dealt with. Perhaps you like the Originist would say that all people are saved right? If you want to be a secularist and criticize God, then by all means be as such, but don't claim to be a Christian and that it disturbs you.

Since you fabricate my positions in accordance with your preconceived notions of how people should think, which is really disingenuous, I do not think that it is possible to have a genuine conversation with you.

Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Philokalia

Since you fabricate my positions in accordance with your preconceived notions of how people should think, which is really disingenuous, I do not think that it is possible to have a genuine conversation with you.

Brosephus_Rex

If I have misrepresented your poisition then correct me. Here are the facts as I understand them

- You consider killing of anyone immoral

So this is your belief and let me state an additional fact

- God of the Old testament killed and judged many people, as did the God of the New testament

And let me now state the conclusion that I think should follow from these facts.

- You as a Christian believe God is immoral.

Please correct me, I might have misunderstood something.

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#129 lx_theo
Member since 2010 • 6211 Posts

[QUOTE="lx_theo"]I didn't say the religion was. The idea of consolidating one morality system is used like that, though. I also never said invented anywhere. Don't know why you're quoting that. Not to mention, I never said it was part of the founding of the religion. Better argument, please?Philokalia

The morals of Christianity were not formed to systematically kill people.

Again... I
I didn't say the religion was. The idea of consolidating one morality system is used like that, though. I also never said invented anywhere. Don't know why you're quoting that. Not to mention, I never said it was part of the founding of the religion. Better argument, please?lx_theo
Then again, neither of us actually know how and why it was founded. It could easily have been made up for that purpose, lol.
Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Philokalia

Then again, neither of us actually know how and why it was founded. It could easily have been made up for that purpose, lol.lx_theo

Actually I do know why Christianity was founded. It was founded by a group of men called the apostles who claimed to have seen the risen Christ, along with the other five hundred or so. And their morality was not one comparable like unto islam. So your statement about religions as a whole and their morality is wrong. But no Christianity could not have been fabricated in such a mnner based on those claims. It would have been easier if the apostles did not claim such things. Really it would have.

Brosephus_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Brosephus_Rex

[QUOTE="Brosephus_Rex"]

Philokalia

If I have misrepresented your poisition then correct me. Here are the facts as I understand them

- You consider killing of anyone immoral

So this is your belief and let me state an additional fact

- God of the Old testament killed and judged many people, as did the God of the New testament

And let me now state the conclusion that I think should follow from these facts.

- You as a Christian believe God is immoral.

Please correct me, I might have misunderstood something.

I am not sure that I agree with any of the red statements w/o further elaboration - which happens to be everything that you think is my position. I do not oppose killing under all circumstances. I am not entirely certain that I am convinced that God himself necessarily killed anyone a la Sodom et Gomorrah (as I am also not convinced that the entire Israeli population was enslaved by Egyptians, for instance). I do not believe that God is immoral.

Your move.

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 lx_theo

[QUOTE="lx_theo"] Then again, neither of us actually know how and why it was founded. It could easily have been made up for that purpose, lol.Philokalia

Actually I do know why Christianity was founded. It was founded by a group of men called the apostles who claimed to have seen the risen Christ, along with the other five hundred or so. And their morality was not one comparable like unto islam. So your statement about religions as a whole and their morality is wrong. But no Christianity could not have been fabricated in such a mnner based on those claims. It would have been easier if the apostles did not claim such things. Really it would have.

Hahahahahaha... So me saying that morality falsely being proposed to be objective has been used as a excuse to feed superiority complexes being interpreted by you as being founded to kill many (which it has been used for, fyi) is wrong because it was founded by people?

Really, that is actually really funny. You do realize that you have know idea the intentions of the people who made it? Oh, and in case you didn't know. If you're meaning to base something on lies and corruption, you tend to not make extra records that you based it on lies and corruption. So if you actually have proof that none of said founders and that Jesus guy had no inklings or intentions of using the creation of the religion to their advantage personally and such, then feel free to put that forward. Until then, baseless claims that human nature took no part in its creation are not helpful.

Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Philokalia

Hahahahahaha... So me saying that morality falsely being proposed to be objective has been used as a excuse to feed superiority complexes being interpreted by you as being founded to kill many (which it has been used for, fyi) is wrong because it was founded by people?

Really, that is actually really funny. You do realize that you have know idea the intentions of the people who made it? Oh, and in case you didn't know. If you're meaning to base something on lies and corruption, you tend to not make extra records that you based it on lies and corruption. So if you actually have proof that none of said founders and that Jesus guy had no inklings or intentions of using the creation of the religion to their advantage personally and such, then feel free to put that forward. Until then, baseless claims that human nature took no part in its creation are not helpful.

lx_theo

I find that experience in the real world works more than mockery of such well believed and thought out things. If you think I will go around killing people then you are sadly mistaken, though if I had no morality I probably would eventually not hesitate. But I can't possibly know that.

But if you think what I said is based on lies and corruption, I think you need to establish this point. Because the gospels here and the acts of the apostles are very important in terms of explaining the origins of Christianity. Quite frankly it is hte reason that Christianity was established by a group of men whom were known as the followers of the Christ who claimed he had risen from the dead. This is not a contested fact within history. No its very much a fact of history that this is how the Christian church originated. We know from the wide spread of early historical sources concerning this (both outside hte bible and inside) that Jesus had Desciples and they were the authorities of the ancient church and their claim at the centre of it as Saint Paul says was the ressurection of Christ. Its hard to imagine that if they just wanted to deceive they could have picked a much easier thing to claim, as this idea quite frankly was unknown to the jews and was anathema to the greeks who thought it useless the ressureciton. This is why Saint Paul says its a stumbling block, why the wisdom of men is nothing like the wisdom of God.

Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Philokalia

I am not sure that I agree with any of the red statements w/o further elaboration - which happens to be everything that you think is my position. I do not oppose killing under all circumstances. I am not entirely certain that I am convinced that God himself necessarily killed anyone a la Sodom et Gomorrah (as I am also not convinced that the entire Israeli population was enslaved by Egyptians, for instance). I do not believe that God is immoral.

Your move.

Brosephus_Rex

Then lets suppose the bible is right, that God at certain times has killed a number of People, what is wrong with God doing so?

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 lx_theo

[QUOTE="lx_theo"] Hahahahahaha... So me saying that morality falsely being proposed to be objective has been used as a excuse to feed superiority complexes being interpreted by you as being founded to kill many (which it has been used for, fyi) is wrong because it was founded by people?

Philokalia

I find that experience in the real world works more than mockery of such well believed and thought out things. If you think I will go around killing people then you are sadly mistaken, though if I had no morality I probably would eventually not hesitate. But I can't possibly know that.

But if you think what I said is based on lies and corruption, I think you need to establish this point. Because the gospels here and the acts of the apostles are very important in terms of explaining the origins of Christianity. Quite frankly it is hte reason that Christianity was established by a group of men whom were known as the followers of the Christ who claimed he had risen from the dead. This is not a contested fact within history. No its very much a fact of history that this is how the Christian church originated. We know from the wide spread of early historical sources concerning this (both outside hte bible and inside) that Jesus had Desciples and they were the authorities of the ancient church and their claim at the centre of it as Saint Paul says was the ressurection of Christ. Its hard to imagine that if they just wanted to deceive they could have picked a much easier thing to claim, as this idea quite frankly was unknown to the jews and was anathema to the greeks who thought it useless the ressureciton. This is why Saint Paul says its a stumbling block, why the wisdom of men is nothing like the wisdom of God.

Hahaha. I never said I thought you would go around people. That was 100% from you, lol. I said people who an objective morality like yours as an excuse to put themselves above each other (in their minds, not through killing. Well, not usually, at least). Its a reason why people buy into an objective morality. Not why they founded it. My assertion you are questioning had nothing to do with founding it. And I never disputed any of those uncontested facts. I contested the fact that you know nothing of their motivations of people who can act in any way they which to be perceived. You acted as you knew one way or the other. Facts are that no one really has any idea if even Jesus wasn't just a conman who went all in. All I'm saying is that the rambling you inserted into this conversation (anything having to do with killing and reasons for being founded) are silly and largely based on nothing.
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 lx_theo

[QUOTE="Brosephus_Rex"]

Your move.

Philokalia

Then lets suppose the bible is right, that God at certain times has killed a number of People, what is wrong with God doing so?

He's no better than an average hypocrite then?

At least from a morality perspective.

Drasonak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Drasonak
Member since 2012 • 1515 Posts
That's, like, really deep, bro.
Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Philokalia
And I never disputed any of those uncontested facts. I contested the fact that you know nothing of their motivations of people who can act in any way they which to be perceived. You acted as you knew one way or the other. Facts are that no one really has any idea if even Jesus wasn't just a conman who went all in. All I'm saying is that the rambling you inserted into this conversation (anything having to do with killing and reasons for being founded) are silly and largely based on nothing. lx_theo
Their motivations are evidenced by their actions and the teachings we have from them. That is they made a claim that was entirely at time of the world unreasonable or unpopular for most to believe. JEws and Pagans for the most part totally rejected their central that Christ had risen from the dead. And it cannot said that this was a lie on their part because of that. If they wanted to lie thye could have made a better story. Really, they could have made something that was already widely accepted instead of something which challanged the ancient preconcevied notions of ressurection. But your assertion must also take into account the founding, that the morality of Christianity was never meant to kill people. You said it near universally and no it is not the only reason why people buy into an objective reality.
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
You get to avoid thinking about death.
MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts
Because people that worship God usually have a positive outlook on life even in the worst situations Bucked20
Bucked...I'm so proud. Your becoming a respectable poster :').
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#141 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
Because people that worship God usually have a positive outlook on life even in the worst situations Bucked20
It's actually true, believe it or not.
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Zeviander
It's actually true, believe it or not.ShadowsDemon
No it isn't.
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 ShadowsDemon
[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"]It's actually true, believe it or not.Zeviander
No it isn't.

That's your opinion, mayne. People seem to do the impossible and disagree with you. :o
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Zeviander
That's your opinion, mayne.ShadowsDemon
Sure, it's my opinion about what people have been observed discussing about their outlooks on life.
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 ShadowsDemon
[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"]That's your opinion, mayne.Zeviander
Sure, it's my opinion about what people have been observed discussing about their outlooks on life.

If someone else disagrees, then it is an opinion. Simple as that. It's not science or math.
DeathCl0ck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 DeathCl0ck
Member since 2012 • 89 Posts

I celebrate Christmas. But not for religious purposes. I see most religious holidays as a time for bonding and friendship. I don't think that you need to be christian to be able to appreciate the spirit of most holidays. Just because I'm a atheist does not mean I should set boundries for myself.

SirWander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 SirWander
Member since 2009 • 5176 Posts

If one of the multitude of gods does exist, and assuming we are talking about the Christian god; worshipping god is one of the requirements in getting the keys to heaven.

Also god will kill your entire family and give you leprosy, if that happens WORSHIP HARDER.

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

If you mean in a religious way,nothing is good about it.

junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 junglist101
Member since 2007 • 5517 Posts

It took me a really long time to realize this but our lives are pointless. I was looking at these fish in a fish bowl one day and I was like, wow they have really pointless lives. All they do all day is swim around in that small inclosed fishbowl eat, sleep, and sh!t until they die. Then I looked at human life and realized it was really no different.

When I was younger I had high ambitions and goals for when I got older but as I got older I realized no matter how hard I try or how hard I work I am going to end up in the same place as everyone else, 6 feet under ground. Then there is the afterlife(if one really exists) were we worship a god for all eternity, yes master no master. I hate my boss and don't like being told what to do. Living knowing that's the way it's going to be forever doesn't excite me. I want to be my own boss my own god.

A healer once said some people progress through light and some people progress through darkness. Ones who progress through darkness loving and kind deeds only hinder thier progression. It's not necassary a bad thing though because he thought it needs to be this way for the other to exist. Without light there can be no darkness and vice versa. It's like the ying and yang emposing forces empower each other. I think I am one of those people who progress through darkness. I think positive and nothing but bad things happen to me. I have a negative thinking attitude and good comes from it. Is this how it's meant to be?

God forgive me but it's wrong but I plan to die, Either take me in heaven and understand I was a G' did the best I could, raised in insanity or send me to hell cause I ain't beggin' for my life Ain't nothing worse then this cursed ass hopeless life. - Tupac Shakur

Is hell really that much worse then living here on earth?

-Renegade

The meaning of life is what you make it. It's your choice; live a miserable existence or not. You could have been born into a much worse situation with literally no hope for the future, but rather than realize that you just want to sit around and feel sorry for yourself.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#150 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts
[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"] To be fair, heaven as it is described by the Abrahamic religions is supposed to be fantastic. Even if it were the case that you would only praise God all day, that wouldn't really matter because it would bring you utmost pleasure. It's kind of like being hooked up to a machine that makes you perpetually happy about everything.

There's a name for that: narcotics. If God knows what's up, Heaven is one huge orgy in endless opium fields.