What's one movie that you like that everybody hates?

  • 53 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for warmblur
#1 Posted by warmblur (2979 posts) -

Mine is Blair Witch 2 book of shadows.

Avatar image for davillain-
#2 Posted by DaVillain- (37989 posts) -

I'll go with Super Mario Bros. movie. I like it, everybody hates it and it's my guilty pleasure lol.

Avatar image for l3igl3oss
#3 Posted by l3igl3oss (72 posts) -

I liked Power Rangers from 1995. It's much better than the new one. Same for Godzilla and Street Fighter.

Avatar image for davismauney
#4 Posted by DavisMauney (10 posts) -

Harry potter

Avatar image for sakaixx
#5 Edited by sakaiXx (6052 posts) -

I actually liked the resident evil movies. Watching the 3D ver is actually a pretty great!

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#6 Edited by uninspiredcup (34917 posts) -

Guess it would be the recent Godzilla King of the Monsters.

Went in expecting it to be more of a fan-movie focusing on the monsters and that's exactly what I got. Even had the re-done versions of the Japanese score by Battlestars Bear Mccreary, which was a huge surprise.

Avatar image for hugoadan
#7 Posted by hugoadan (186 posts) -

tomb raider with angelina jolie as lara croft.

Avatar image for one_plum
#8 Posted by one_plum (6566 posts) -

Terminator 3. As a standalone story, it's an enjoyable action movie; it's just unfortunate that it had to be a sequel to one of the best action movies of all time. I would go as far to say that T3 has the best ending scene of the Terminator franchise.

Avatar image for hallenbeck77
#9 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (15796 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

Guess it would be the recent Godzilla King of the Monsters.

Went in expecting it to be more of a fan-movie focusing on the monsters and that's exactly what I got. Even had the re-done versions of the Japanese score by Battlestars Bear Mccreary, which was a huge surprise.

I got a huge kick out of this movie--it hit all the sweet spots the 10 year old Godzilla fan in me wanted--giant monster fights, epic destruction, and that classic Godzilla theme... whenever I hear it to this day, you know someone or something is about to get f**ked up bad. This movie was just a lot of fun.

Avatar image for heathen75
#10 Posted by HEATHEN75 (809 posts) -

The Nic Cage Ghost Rider is a guilty pleasure of mine.

Avatar image for crimsonbrute
#11 Edited by CrimsonBrute (25450 posts) -

Apart from the Super Mario Bros movie, it would be the Street Fighter movie.

Avatar image for SolidSnake35
#12 Posted by SolidSnake35 (58923 posts) -

Alexander perhaps. I really like that one, but I don't know anyone else that liked it or even watched it.

Avatar image for thereal25
#13 Posted by thereal25 (1828 posts) -

Hm... Cable Guy

Resident Evil movies

Paranormal activity 3

Avatar image for vfighter
#14 Posted by VFighter (5231 posts) -

@thereal25: People didnt like Cable Guy, I thought it was hilarious.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#15 Edited by uninspiredcup (34917 posts) -

@vfighter: Oh yea, speaking of comedy movies Kingpin got crtically panned as well. God tier movie.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for vfighter
#16 Posted by VFighter (5231 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: How on gods green earth could you write a negative review for Kingpin, its near the top of comedy greats!!!

Avatar image for MirkoS77
#18 Posted by MirkoS77 (14460 posts) -

Waterworld. Movie sucks, I love it.

Avatar image for livingdeadman
#19 Edited by livingdeadman (368 posts) -

The Good Dinosaur. I don't think there is a bad Pixar movie.

Avatar image for blamix
#20 Posted by blamix (875 posts) -

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#21 Edited by uninspiredcup (34917 posts) -

Con Air got pretty shitty reviews, but I find it endlessly re-watchable turn brain off time.

Has a diabetic token black character who's sole purpose is to allow Nicolas Cage to prove atheists wrong.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for judaspete
#22 Posted by judaspete (3127 posts) -

I loved The Last Jedi. Just kidding, I know I'm not the only one.

Dirty Work with Norm Macdonald. I'd be a little worried to re-watch it as an adult, but in high school I thought it was hilarious.

Avatar image for vagrantsnow
#23 Posted by VagrantSnow (376 posts) -

Terminator Salvation. It was a good Terminator movie in my opinion. While not as good as 1 or 2 I felt it better understood the tone of the franchise than 3 did and was certainly not a bad movie by any stretch. Really wished the kept with it instead of that weird reboot they did with genysis.

Also Star Wars Episode 1. Certain characters aside, I was thoroughly entertained by it.

Avatar image for SoNin360
#24 Posted by SoNin360 (7104 posts) -

I really liked I Am Legend at the time I watched it. It wasn't the most hated movie out there I guess, but it did receive a lot of negative attention for its ending and being nothing like the novel it was based on.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
#25 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (12939 posts) -

Ahnold as Mr. Freeze was too good.

Avatar image for PETERAKO
#26 Posted by PETERAKO (2178 posts) -

Battlefield earth. It's terrible and I like it.

Avatar image for LJS9502_basic
#27 Posted by LJS9502_basic (167107 posts) -

Justice League and Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice. Honorable mention to Amazing Spider-man.

Avatar image for wickedmuffin
#28 Posted by WickedMuffin (76 posts) -

How to Lose Friends & Alienate People - nobody loves that movie as I do

Avatar image for Amnesiac23
#29 Posted by Amnesiac23 (8470 posts) -

Kung Pow and Winter's Tale. I only love Winter's Tale for the bat**** craziness of it though.

Avatar image for johnd13
#30 Posted by johnd13 (9786 posts) -

War of the Worlds and the Star Wars prequels.

Avatar image for heathen75
#32 Posted by HEATHEN75 (809 posts) -

@Amnesiac23 said:

Kung Pow and Winter's Tale. I only love Winter's Tale for the bat**** craziness of it though.

Who the hell doesn't like Kung Pow? I have never met such a person.

Avatar image for shellcase86
#33 Posted by shellcase86 (4521 posts) -

@heathen75 said:
@Amnesiac23 said:

Kung Pow and Winter's Tale. I only love Winter's Tale for the bat**** craziness of it though.

Who the hell doesn't like Kung Pow? I have never met such a person.

Agreed. Most, if not all, people who I know that have seen it, loved it.

Avatar image for vfighter
#34 Posted by VFighter (5231 posts) -

@vagrantsnow: Episode 1 would have been a good Star Wars movie if they would have just removed Jar Jar and his race (can't think of their name). The rest of the movie is pretty solid, but that alone ruins it for most.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#35 Posted by uninspiredcup (34917 posts) -
@heathen75 said:
@Amnesiac23 said:

Kung Pow and Winter's Tale. I only love Winter's Tale for the bat**** craziness of it though.

Who the hell doesn't like Kung Pow? I have never met such a person.

It got pretty negative reviews.

Avatar image for heathen75
#36 Edited by HEATHEN75 (809 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: Yeah, I don't bother with reviews. I was just talking smack anyway. The movie is goofy as hell. I can see where some people wouldn't like it. They're all stupid though.

Avatar image for Master_Live
#37 Posted by Master_Live (19697 posts) -

Superman Returns.

Avatar image for rockfield
#38 Posted by RockField (482 posts) -

Final Fantasy: Spirits Within. Even though I barely understood the story, I was amazed by the graphics or more like, the CGI in that movie which was great for a 2001 movie. I also did like the action scenes at the near end of the story.

Avatar image for narlymech
#39 Posted by narlymech (1680 posts) -

I'd have to say the star wars prequels. People hate on them all the time, but I enjoyed them.

Avatar image for alexfreeze
#40 Posted by Alexfreeze (27 posts) -

Harry porter and superman returns

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#41 Posted by Ghosts4ever (10543 posts) -

I rarely seen the praise of this excellent movie.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#42 Edited by uninspiredcup (34917 posts) -

@ghosts4ever: Amazingly, The Rock is in the artsy fartsy Criterion Collection, which is typically designed for pretentious film students.

I definitely agree, it may be a clone but given the option i'd rather watch it over Die Hard. Great villains, great action sequences, old not-really-but-really-it-is James Bond and Nicholas Cage as a scientist.

I love that General Hummel wasn't actually willing to kill anyone and ends up getting executed by his own people as the growing unease eventually culminates into mayhem.

That intro is just, the balls.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for volsung
#43 Posted by Volsung (312 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

Con Air got pretty shitty reviews, but I find it endlessly re-watchable turn brain off time.

Has a diabetic token black character who's sole purpose is to allow Nicolas Cage to prove atheists wrong.

Loading Video...

how have i never seen this before?

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#44 Edited by Ghosts4ever (10543 posts) -
@uninspiredcup said:

@ghosts4ever: Amazingly, The Rock is in the artsy fartsy Criterion Collection, which is typically designed for pretentious film students.

I definitely agree, it may be a clone but given the option i'd rather watch it over Die Hard. Great villains, great action sequences, old not-really-but-really-it-is James Bond and Nicholas Cage as a scientist.

I love that General Hummel wasn't actually willing to kill anyone and ends up getting executed by his own people as the growing unease eventually culminates into mayhem.

That intro is just, the balls.

Loading Video...

His character was not really a main villain at all. more like false villain or maybe tragic villain as main villain who killed him reveal at the end one of his right hand man.

I remember shower scene where he shout stop firing yet his men keep firing.

Loading Video...

All i can say that this movie is cult classic and one of the best movie ever made.

the soundtracks are seriously so freaking amazing.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#45 Edited by uninspiredcup (34917 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

@ghosts4ever: Amazingly, The Rock is in the artsy fartsy Criterion Collection, which is typically designed for pretentious film students.

I definitely agree, it may be a clone but given the option i'd rather watch it over Die Hard. Great villains, great action sequences, old not-really-but-really-it-is James Bond and Nicholas Cage as a scientist.

I love that General Hummel wasn't actually willing to kill anyone and ends up getting executed by his own people as the growing unease eventually culminates into mayhem.

That intro is just, the balls.

Loading Video...

His character was not really a main villain at all. more like false villain or maybe tragic villain as main villain who killed him reveal at the end one of his right hand man.

I remember shower scene where he shout stop firing yet his men keep firing.

Loading Video...

All i can say that this movie is cult classic and one of the best movie ever made.

the soundtracks are seriously so freaking amazing.

Back when I was a kid in 1998 and owned an questionable copy of Halflife with the music ripped use to play the MP3's of that soundtrack in the background.

Think this is the best scene in the movie. Shits about to get real and Sean Connery's decided to go for a jog.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for masterhand
#46 Posted by MasterHand (60 posts) -

Norbit

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#47 Posted by Ghosts4ever (10543 posts) -
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

@ghosts4ever: Amazingly, The Rock is in the artsy fartsy Criterion Collection, which is typically designed for pretentious film students.

I definitely agree, it may be a clone but given the option i'd rather watch it over Die Hard. Great villains, great action sequences, old not-really-but-really-it-is James Bond and Nicholas Cage as a scientist.

I love that General Hummel wasn't actually willing to kill anyone and ends up getting executed by his own people as the growing unease eventually culminates into mayhem.

That intro is just, the balls.

Loading Video...

His character was not really a main villain at all. more like false villain or maybe tragic villain as main villain who killed him reveal at the end one of his right hand man.

I remember shower scene where he shout stop firing yet his men keep firing.

Loading Video...

All i can say that this movie is cult classic and one of the best movie ever made.

the soundtracks are seriously so freaking amazing.

Back when I was a kid in 1998 and owned an questionable copy of Halflife with the music ripped use to play the MP3's of that soundtrack in the background.

Think this is the best scene in the movie. Shits about to get real and Sean Connery's decided to go for a jog.

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

The soundtrack is also incredible. one of the best piece of music I ever heard in movies.

Avatar image for MirkoS77
#48 Edited by MirkoS77 (14460 posts) -

The Rock was the shit, I wasn't even aware it was hated. It's not going to win any Oscars by any means but it's a great ride. Just as enjoyable Cage flicks such as Con Air and Gone in Sixty.

Avatar image for tohot240
#49 Posted by tohot240 (49 posts) -

Hansel and grettle

Avatar image for sanghelle56
#50 Posted by sanghelle56 (219 posts) -

The Underworld series. And my liking of it isn't even very strong.

Good action, but I hate how the werewolves were always evil.