Whats hardest - Chinese (either major), Korean, Japanese, Persian or Arabic

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for GulliversTravel
GulliversTravel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GulliversTravel
Member since 2009 • 3110 Posts

The great thing about them is that they are deep and have led to some of the greatest literature out there. These are officially regarded the toughest (i added Persian just to ask), does anybody have experience of them? Some people say that even Korean is in a league of its own.

I know that learning Western European languages are pee in the bucket in comparison and yet we all complained back in school, but how do the Eastern European languages compare?

Lastly, just how similar are the Far Eastern languages i stated? English to Romantic (French, Spanish, Italian etc.) or English to Germanic (even though English is from that family).

RedruM_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 RedruM_I
Member since 2009 • 3051 Posts
I studied japanese, a little bit of chinese and learned german living in Germany. My mother tongue is spanish and my mother is brazilian. No language can be said to be more difficult than other, every language has its own challenges and advantages. For example, a language like japanese or german have complex syntactic structures but their phonemes, for people who know spanish for example, are pretty simple. Chinese is the other way around with very simple syntax but difficult phonemic variability for a person like me. Also, chinese is very difficult to write for western people since they use a completely different writing system. Equally, western languages are more difficult for eastern cultures because of different writting codes and structures (and, overall, culture). Every language is equivalent to the next, a thing which is well know in the study of linguistics, and that means that everything that you can express in your language you can also express it in every other language. Most languages we hear every day in the west and that we know off are descendant from indeuropean ancestry which means they share many similarities. French, spanish, english, german, greek, sanskrit, etc. Languages are dynamic in that they are constantly changing, so when you say you speak a language you are thinking abstractly. There is no such thing as THE german language or THE spanish language. Within small groups of people small variations happen and so we speak about dialects when there are enough variation. Even the language you speak is a little different from that your parents or even your friends speak. Many linguists say that there are no languages but only dialects and that a language is really a dialect with an army (hinting a culture powerful enough to impose their version of the language as the correct one), other extremists say there are no dialects but only individuals each with their own version. Studying languages is like stuudying history. It is a very interesting a rewarding experience.
GulliversTravel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GulliversTravel
Ah thanks, that was very informative. But in simpler terms, just what makes Western European and Far Eastern languages just so tough? I mean in general, can you try giving me some direct translations that highlight what is so different about them.
darth_lorenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 darth_lorenzo
Member since 2007 • 1442 Posts

Well, I have never studied any launge asides from spainish, and even in that I'm not that great. However I do know that Japanese does not include an and words similar to that. While Japanese stresses Titles at the ends of names, and some regions even have their own titles they give to people, much like you people in the south typically say Y'all.

Yandere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Yandere
Member since 2009 • 9878 Posts

I would say Arabic looks pretty hard to learn, but I have no experience with the language.

butteman12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 butteman12
Member since 2005 • 2726 Posts

persian is extremely easy (i can speak it fluently). dono about chinese or japanese but i heard arabic is difficult

GulliversTravel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GulliversTravel

I would say Arabic looks pretty hard to learn, but I have no experience with the language.

Yandere
The writing system is actually not that hard, way easier than the Far Eastern stuff. The problem is that you need to know the language to be able to read, though i have a few friends and tell me that there is a system that puts in vowels so that non-speakers can read Arabic.
GulliversTravel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GulliversTravel

persian is extremely easy (i can speak it fluently). dono about chinese or japanese but i heard arabic is difficult

butteman12
Really? Are you serious, because not only is it a beautiful language, but the culture that has come out of it is astounding. Is it at hard as Arabic?
Yandere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Yandere
Member since 2009 • 9878 Posts

[QUOTE="Yandere"]

GulliversTravel

The writing system is actually not that hard, way easier than the Far Eastern stuff. The problem is that you need to know the language to be able to read, though i have a few friends and tell me that there is a system that puts in vowels so that non-speakers can read Arabic.

I've always thought their writing system looked hard to read, Punjabi takes that to a extreme though.

mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts
I've studied, at least to some degree, Spanish, Greek, and Hebrew and of the languages you listed, Arabic is the one I know the most about. Often times, at least by what I've been taught, Arabic has been referred to as a language that you spend your entire life learning. If it is not your native language then it can be extremely difficult to master the language. The only reason I know anything about it is because of its associations with Hebrew and Aramaic (with them being Biblical languages). Being that I enjoy languages in this area of the world, I'd personally like to know this one the most. As far as the others, I can't say I know enough about them to really say. I do like the fact that Korean has a more Westernized alphabet though.
GulliversTravel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GulliversTravel

[QUOTE="GulliversTravel"][QUOTE="Yandere"]

Yandere

I've always thought their writing system looked hard to read, Punjabi takes that to a extreme though.

Well depends which Punjabi, Persian and Pakistani Punjabi use the Arabic system, its pretty much exactly the same only they have a few more letters thrown in like Ps. For example, in Arabic, you cant say Pakistan, you have to say Bakistan where in Persian and Punjabi is possible. Indian Punjabi uses the Indo-Aryan system, which is shared with languages such as Hindi, Bengali, Kashmiri etc, they too are pretty much the same in their system and letters.
GulliversTravel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GulliversTravel
[QUOTE="mindstorm"]I've studied, at least to some degree, Spanish, Greek, and Hebrew and of the languages you listed, Arabic is the one I know the most about. Often times, at least by what I've been taught, Arabic has been referred to as a language that you spend your entire life learning. If it is not your native language then it can be extremely difficult to master the language. The only reason I know anything about it is because of its associations with Hebrew and Aramaic (with them being Biblical languages). Being that I enjoy languages in this area of the world, I'd personally like to know this one the most. As far as the others, I can't say I know enough about them to really say. I do like the fact that Korean has a more Westernized alphabet though.

Wow you really have learned some great languages. Both Hebrew and Arabic are amazing languages but how similar are they, i know they stem from the same family but what would you say? How would you compare them using European languages. Reading religious scripts however is off-the-scale in their original languages from what ive heard, you agree?
nimatoad2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 nimatoad2000
Member since 2004 • 7505 Posts
learn persian so you can get the girls. speaking isn't that hard. but thats coming from an iranian, but i havnt even attempted to learn to read or write, thats a different story.
GulliversTravel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GulliversTravel
learn persian so you can get the girls. speaking isn't that hard. but thats coming from an iranian, but i havnt even attempted to learn to read or write, thats a different story.nimatoad2000
Get girls in which part of the world:P Still no denying its a class language, you actually live in Iran?
Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts

I only speak Chinese(native language) so I don't know, but I know that Korean and Japanese are influence by Chinese though. I would like to add that even thought Chinese is my native language, I still find it ****ing hard.

mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mindstorm
[QUOTE="GulliversTravel"][QUOTE="mindstorm"]I've studied, at least to some degree, Spanish, Greek, and Hebrew and of the languages you listed, Arabic is the one I know the most about. Often times, at least by what I've been taught, Arabic has been referred to as a language that you spend your entire life learning. If it is not your native language then it can be extremely difficult to master the language. The only reason I know anything about it is because of its associations with Hebrew and Aramaic (with them being Biblical languages). Being that I enjoy languages in this area of the world, I'd personally like to know this one the most. As far as the others, I can't say I know enough about them to really say. I do like the fact that Korean has a more Westernized alphabet though.

Wow you really have learned some great languages. Both Hebrew and Arabic are amazing languages but how similar are they, i know they stem from the same family but what would you say? How would you compare them using European languages. Reading religious scripts however is off-the-scale in their original languages from what ive heard, you agree?

I can't say that I know how much grammar Hebrew and Arabic share (though I'd imagine it would be more alike than Chinese and Hebrew), but they share a lot of vocabulary (Barak meaning peace for example). They do have a radically different alphabet however. I haven't studied Arabic enough to know much more than that. As far as reading religious texts in their original language, it makes me happy. Within Greek, I do not know much more than basic grammar yet (being as I'm currently learning it), but it's pretty cool to see certain things that do not carry over into translation. For example, there are times the Bible might say we are to repent while the original language shows this to be a continuing action, aka "you are to be continually repenting." Another example might be John 1. The text says that Jesus came and dwelt among us. However, what is not carried over in translation much of the time is a word play. Literally, the text is saying that he "tabernacled" among us. If you know much about the Tabernacle in the Old Testament, this is a radical statement. Seeing things like this within the text is rather awesome.
RedruM_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 RedruM_I
[QUOTE="GulliversTravel"]Ah thanks, that was very informative. But in simpler terms, just what makes Western European and Far Eastern languages just so tough? I mean in general, can you try giving me some direct translations that highlight what is so different about them.

In general I think the main distinctions are that western languages (meaning indoeuropean languages) have a tendency to obsess over gender distinction putting the qualitative of male, femal or neutral to everything which makes languages like german really complex (german is specially complex in that way for what I know). Western languages have very complex verb conjugations too since the perception of time is much more present and evident in those languages. Eastern languages are easier both in gender and time structures. Western languages also have an obsession with the individual which is lacking in eastern languages. For example, in spanish we have two different ways of saying "to be". That hints that indeoeropean languages focus much more on the individual than eastern languages. In contrast what makes western languages difficult and complex can make eastern languages difficult and complex too since you need to use your intuition much more to decipher a particular situation without so many time and gender descriptors and talking in individual terms is sometimes tricky for western purposes. For example, in japanese you don't pay attention so much to gender but to age of the person you talk to. You can be talking in present tense but actually be referring to something that is going to happen in the future, etc. Japanese also has this annoying quality that for counting stuff you hjave to take into account the characteristics of the object you are going to count. For example, if you are going to count people is different that if you are going to count sheets of paper. Or if you're going to count vehicles is different than counting cups.
RedruM_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 RedruM_I
[QUOTE="mindstorm"][QUOTE="GulliversTravel"][QUOTE="mindstorm"]I've studied, at least to some degree, Spanish, Greek, and Hebrew and of the languages you listed, Arabic is the one I know the most about. Often times, at least by what I've been taught, Arabic has been referred to as a language that you spend your entire life learning. If it is not your native language then it can be extremely difficult to master the language. The only reason I know anything about it is because of its associations with Hebrew and Aramaic (with them being Biblical languages). Being that I enjoy languages in this area of the world, I'd personally like to know this one the most. As far as the others, I can't say I know enough about them to really say. I do like the fact that Korean has a more Westernized alphabet though.

I can't say that I know how much grammar Hebrew and Arabic share (though I'd imagine it would be more alike than Chinese and Hebrew), but they share a lot of vocabulary (Barak meaning peace for example). They do have a radically different alphabet however. I haven't studied Arabic enough to know much more than that. As far as reading religious texts in their original language, it makes me happy. Within Greek, I do not know much more than basic grammar yet (being as I'm currently learning it), but it's pretty cool to see certain things that do not carry over into translation. For example, there are times the Bible might say we are to repent while the original language shows this to be a continuing action, aka "you are to be continually repenting." Another example might be John 1. The text says that Jesus came and dwelt among us. However, what is not carried over in translation much of the time is a word play. Literally, the text is saying that he "tabernacled" among us. If you know much about the Tabernacle in the Old Testament, this is a radical statement. Seeing things like this within the text is rather awesome.

Hebrew and arabic are both semitic languages so it makes sense they share a lot of things.
Mousetaches

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Mousetaches
Member since 2009 • 1293 Posts
This thread title + first 10 words are hilarious: "Whats hardest - Chinese (either major), Korean, Japanese, Persian, or Arabic -- The great thing about them is that they are deep" Yeah...
nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 nintendoman562
Member since 2007 • 5593 Posts

I'm Egyptian and I've pretty much given up on learning arabic. I've never been able to speak because quite a few of the words sound similar. Also lots of adjectives and nouns need to make gender/plural agreements.

nimatoad2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 nimatoad2000
Member since 2004 • 7505 Posts
[QUOTE="nimatoad2000"]learn persian so you can get the girls. speaking isn't that hard. but thats coming from an iranian, but i havnt even attempted to learn to read or write, thats a different story.GulliversTravel
Get girls in which part of the world:P Still no denying its a class language, you actually live in Iran?

uhh persians, no i live in california
curono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#22 curono
Member since 2005 • 7722 Posts
Languages arent hard to learn, they are just different from your mother tongue. If they were harder to master that would imply that EVERY chinese native speaker is potencially smarter than every native English speaker. Result: NOT TRUE. They are just different speaking systems.
Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

Any language is easy if you commit yourself to learning it.

chopperdave447

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 chopperdave447
Member since 2009 • 597 Posts
japanese and other eastern languages are very difficult, due to their many many types of grammar structure. for someone who speaks english, a language like spanish should be easy, but a language like german should be ****in cake. german is basically english with actual RULES. it's amost the same exact thing, not to mention english is directly descended from germanic.
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts

All of those are hard, but the hardest is probably Arabic. There are so many grammatical rules and it's hard for an English speaker like me to pronounce. But I love the language!

ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ghoklebutter

\ The only reason I know anything about it (Arabic) is because of its associations with Hebrew and Aramaic (with them being Biblical languages). mindstorm

Some interesting comparisons (Hebrew to Arabic):

Ribbit > Ribba > Interest

Layla > Layl > Night

Shalom alaikum > Asalamu alaikum > Peace be upon you

Messiah > Masi' > Messiah

Rabbi > Rabbi > My educator

So many similarities! :o

mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mindstorm

[QUOTE="mindstorm"]\ The only reason I know anything about it (Arabic) is because of its associations with Hebrew and Aramaic (with them being Biblical languages). ghoklebutter

Layla > Layl > Night

Indeed. You reminded me of one of Johnny Cash's songs, When The Man Comes Around. One of the lines in the song states, "Till Armageddon, no Shalam, no Shalom."
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ghoklebutter

[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"]

[QUOTE="mindstorm"]\ The only reason I know anything about it (Arabic) is because of its associations with Hebrew and Aramaic (with them being Biblical languages). mindstorm

Layla > Layl > Night

Indeed. You reminded me of one of Johnny Cash's songs, When The Man Comes Around. One of the lines in the song states, "Till Armageddon, no Shalam, no Shalom."

Haha I used to hear that song a lot. :P RIP Cash.

I'm curious why you would learn Aramaic though. Isn't it pretty much a dead language?

mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mindstorm

Haha I used to hear that song a lot. :P RIP Cash.

I'm curious why you would learn Aramaic though. Isn't it pretty much a dead language?

ghoklebutter

I haven't learned it and probably never will. However, it is beneficial for a few things like reading the small portion of the Bible in Aramaic and seeing how the structure of a Greek text was influenced by a native Aramaic speaker (aka, textual criticism). At this point in my life, I doubt I'll get that deep into the languages. Greek and Hebrew are enough unless I end up doing mission work. :P

CJL182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 CJL182
Member since 2003 • 9233 Posts

If your native language is English, then I'm going to say Chinese is probably the most difficult. I'm American-born Chinese, but I barely spoke Cantonese growing up, and I studied Japanese for 4 years in high school and some in college. Chinese is just so drastically different from English that it's difficult to even begin to learn the language imo. There's so many subtle tones that you'll need to learn and a vast amount of Chinese characters that you'll need to read and write as well. Japanese has similar difficulties, but the spoken language is much more phonetic and the written language translates better to roman characters. Either way, learning any Asian language with a native English tongue will be difficult and will require a good deal of discipline and effort to truly learn.

krazy-blazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31 krazy-blazer
Member since 2009 • 1759 Posts
I'm Arabic so i can't judge, but Chinese looks difficult, its pretty darn hard to memorize 3000+ letters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 avatar_genius
Member since 2009 • 8056 Posts
Japanese is easy and Korean is even easier than Japanese. Chinese is all right if you work at it. Arabic may be kind of challenging, the visual structure is odd. Go with the one you like the most. Out of all those though, Korean is probably the easiest, although Japanese may be more fun.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 avatar_genius
Member since 2009 • 8056 Posts

I'm Arabic so i can't judge, but Chinese looks difficult, its pretty darn hard to memorize 3000+ letterskrazy-blazer

That's the kanji, and yes, as far as the far Eastern languages go, learning kanji is a real pain.

Lord_Daemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34 Lord_Daemon
Member since 2005 • 24535 Posts

I'm only familiar with a Chinese, Japanese & Korean and I would say that Chinese is by far the hardest due to multitude of inflections present and the limitations of characters when writing. After that I would say Korean is the next hardest for the native English speaker due to some very tricky hard to hear vocal inflections in the m, n, and g territory -- but the written language is fairly easy compared to other language due to its being a more modern creation.

Japanese is probably the easiest to pick up the basics and just roll with it as the pronunciations are fairly basic and the language itself is very accepting of foreign words and phrases. There's still that Kanji hump to get over if you want to get serious but once you get used to the radicals it becomes fairly second nature to piece together and then...oh the puns you'll enjoy!

Don't really know much about Arabic or Persian although I'm very fond of some of the Arabic that I've heard.

xionvalkyrie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 xionvalkyrie
Member since 2008 • 3444 Posts

I hear Chinese is harder to learn at first, but Japanese is harder to master.

ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ghoklebutter

Japanese is easy and Korean is even easier than Japanese. Chinese is all right if you work at it. Arabic may be kind of challenging, the visual structure is odd. Go with the one you like the most. Out of all those though, Korean is probably the easiest, although Japanese may be more fun.avatar_genius

Arabic is really easy to write with little practice. I suggest this website for anyone with that difficulty.

ariz3260

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ariz3260
Member since 2006 • 4209 Posts

I've been told that Chinese is very difficult to learn by a lot of my American friends. What I have witness so far is people have a relatively easier time learning to speak Mandarin but have a difficult time learning kanji. It takes a lot of work just trying to memorize the characters, while the pinyin system makes it as painless as possible for those learning how to speak.

I like to learn Korean or Japanese if given the chance, it is especially a marketable ability when trying to find job at companies with substantial international exposure.

limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#38 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts
[QUOTE="chopperdave447"]japanese and other eastern languages are very difficult, due to their many many types of grammar structure. for someone who speaks english, a language like spanish should be easy, but a language like german should be ****in cake. german is basically english with actual RULES. it's amost the same exact thing, not to mention english is directly descended from germanic.

It's not the exact same thing. Sprechen Sie Deutsch?
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

Japanese is fun to learn if you are into their culture.Arabic is really the most strong/expressive language out there,which may make it hardest to learn.

but the problem with japanese is you do something in japanese in numerous ways,which makes japanese alittle too much sometimes.

chopperdave447

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 chopperdave447
Member since 2009 • 597 Posts
[QUOTE="limpbizkit818"][QUOTE="chopperdave447"]japanese and other eastern languages are very difficult, due to their many many types of grammar structure. for someone who speaks english, a language like spanish should be easy, but a language like german should be ****in cake. german is basically english with actual RULES. it's amost the same exact thing, not to mention english is directly descended from germanic.

It's not the exact same thing. Sprechen Sie Deutsch?

ja, ein bisschen, i know it's not exactly the same, but, it's probably one of the closest languages to english that exists today. much much closer than spanish. i really dont understand why people say spanish is the easiest language to learn.
SpAsM86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SpAsM86
Member since 2004 • 6216 Posts

Arabic is my first language, and even though it is pretty hard and complicated, i think east-asian languages are harder

karriston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42 karriston
Member since 2005 • 3631 Posts
Anyone who says Japanese is difficult is lying. It's EXTREMELY easy. The syntax is easy, there's no verb conjugation (although there are different verb forms) and pronunciation is no trouble at all. Reading and writing can be troubling at times, but to speak and listen to, it's child's play.
IbnLaAhad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 IbnLaAhad
Member since 2009 • 1326 Posts

The great thing about them is that they are deep and have led to some of the greatest literature out there. These are officially regarded the toughest (i added Persian just to ask), does anybody have experience of them? Some people say that even Korean is in a league of its own.

I know that learning Western European languages are pee in the bucket in comparison and yet we all complained back in school, but how do the Eastern European languages compare?

Lastly, just how similar are the Far Eastern languages i stated? English to Romantic (French, Spanish, Italian etc.) or English to Germanic (even though English is from that family).

Arabic is seriously easy (read my user name and be enlightened). French, is pretty easy (extremely similar to English). Chinese, Korean, Japanese are the killers.

I, in total, know about 7 languages: Arabic, Urdu, Hindi, Punjabi, Bengali, English, French, though I must say that the South Asian languages are very similar.

I'm not sure why people think Arabic is hard...

JackMcSexbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 JackMcSexbeard
Member since 2006 • 2381 Posts

For an English speaking American Chinese and Arabic are the two hardest language to learn (I think they're level 5 or whatever).

I actuallt took Arabic for a year in College. Admitadly I didnt put as much effort into it as I should have but it really is a very tough language. Expect to spend alot of extra time on it and tons of repition. The writing goes from right to left (as do the books) and each letter looks different depending on where it is in the word. Learning to read and write in arabic can be overwhelming at first but if you put down enough effort you should do fine. I always had trouble pronouncing words, and understanding what others said in Arabic as for me alot of the letters, vocal sounds and accents would sound too similar to me. I would still recommend trying it out though, plus you could make like six figures right out of school if your good enough.

Cantius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#46 Cantius
Member since 2004 • 3894 Posts
Well, I was born and Korea was my first language, but I've got to say, it's not that hard really. It's simple to be honest, because some words are pronounced the same but with a different beginning sound. As for reading and writing, I can't say for sure but I can speak Korean to an extent where I can communicate for basic needs. But anyways, it does have a lot of prefixes and whatnot, and one word could mean 5 different words(that mean the same) depending on the tone of your voice.
IbnLaAhad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 IbnLaAhad
Member since 2009 • 1326 Posts

For an English speaking American Chinese and Arabic are the two hardest language to learn (I think they're level 5 or whatever).

I actuallt took Arabic for a year in College. Admitadly I didnt put as much effort into it as I should have but it really is a very tough language. Expect to spend alot of extra time on it and tons of repition. The writing goes from right to left (as do the books) and each letter looks different depending on where it is in the word. Learning to read and write in arabic can be overwhelming at first but if you put down enough effort you should do fine. I always had trouble pronouncing words, and understanding what others said in Arabic as for me alot of the letters, vocal sounds and accents would sound too similar to me. I would still recommend trying it out though, plus you could make like six figures right out of school if your good enough.

JackMcSexbeard

What is my username in english?

Dystopian-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#48 Dystopian-X
Member since 2008 • 8998 Posts

Anyone who says Japanese is difficult is lying. It's EXTREMELY easy. The syntax is easy, there's no verb conjugation (although there are different verb forms) and pronunciation is no trouble at all. Reading and writing can be troubling at times, but to speak and listen to, it's child's play.karriston
Yep once you get the hang of it (particles, a few ambiguous rules here and there), it's all about memorizing meanings.

Anyone that knows a bit of background on these languages knows that Chinese is the hardest. Words with different meanings depending on the pronunciation tone, thousands of characters that don't follow a certain rule of thumb, major regional differences, it's been simplified, even the Chinese themselves have trouble with it, according to what my friends tell me.