what your thoughts on News Media opinion?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by bluedeathking (475 posts) -
Really what is you opinion. I understand news is a great thing, but I'm not talking about that, rather on how they try to shove there opinion down your throat as facts. I know a lot of people say Fox News does it, but they're not the only ones that does it. I've seen CNN and MSNBC does it too. Is there a reason why they do it?
#2 Posted by leviathan91 (7763 posts) -

I watch CSPAN. Boring but accurate.

#3 Posted by KiIIyou (27185 posts) -
I aint like none of that throat shoveling.
#4 Posted by mattbbpl (15317 posts) -
I feel like people have started to label outlets with journalistic integrity as slanted to give their choice of Fox News or MSNBC legitimacy.
#5 Posted by Blue-Sky (10379 posts) -

Really what is you opinion. I understand news is a great thing, but I'm not talking about that, rather on how they try to shove there opinion down you throat as facts. I know a lot of people say Fox News does it, but they're not the only ones that does it. I've seen CNN and MSNBC does it too. Is there a reason why they do it?bluedeathking

The problem with Fox News isn't their biased opinion. It's their deep connection to political parties. The sheer amount of influence the Republican Party has in FN disrupts the significance of the first amendment.

It's one thing for a reporter to have an opinion, it's another for a congressmen to contact a network executive and hand him a leafnote on what his programs should say.

#7 Posted by Floridaman46 (259 posts) -

Well. We have Fox News

Fox News light-Cnn

Msnbc

#8 Posted by Serraph105 (32262 posts) -

I'm beginning to think that there might be some sort of sexual implication of the phrase, "Shove it down their throats."

#9 Posted by TrainerCeleste (1633 posts) -
I don't really trust them :3 I'd rather read stories from people who were there, or if nothing else listen to multiple news stations and find out what all of the facts with all of the opinions :P Then try to form my own.
#10 Posted by LJS9502_basic (163339 posts) -
I think you should be intelligent enough to know bias exists....
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
#11 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (44889 posts) -
Is there a reason why they do it?bluedeathking
Yes, money.