What you guys think about these Taylor Swift's songs that aren't for kids?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SolidSnake2011-
SolidSnake2011-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidSnake2011-
Member since 2011 • 584 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHhIS_RM-Eg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veYT3OG5z_s

Well any age of people would like these songs but these songs are more adult like unlike some of her songs she's known for

chunkowookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 chunkowookie
Member since 2012 • 270 Posts

tumbleweed-o.gif.

Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Stinger78
Member since 2003 • 5846 Posts
There is very little, if any, kid appropriate music on the radio, so what makes these any different? One song that comes to mind is "Last Friday Night" by Katy Perry where, at least in the video, she's supposed to be a young teen, yet the lyrics reference getting drunk, skinny dipping and 'three ways'. Then there are most 'hip hop' that disrespect women with inappropriate names. Songs don't have to explicitly use inappropriate language to be 'bad for kids', if there are any inferences of sex, drugs, or violence, then I'd say it's probably inappropriate for anybody.
XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
I was just thinking earlier today about all the inappropriate songs kids my age used to belt out not having a clue what they were about. Just because an artist is cutesy and fun sounding or catchy doesn't mean all their songs are appropriate for kids. Most of Taylor Swift's stuff isn't child-appropriate because children don't have heartbreaking boyfriends or whatever, but because it's uppity and catchy, kids and tweens like it. I wouldn't worry too much about what kids are listening to in regards to stuff like that. I was listening to Eminem and Marilyn Manson at 12 years old. I turned out okay. I don't think some more adult-style T-Swizzle is going to maim children for life.