What would you think of a Star Wars T.V. series?

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#1 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

As the topic says, would you like to see a Star Wars T.V. show. Personally,I think it would be a terrible idea, but I can see Disney milking the series even more. Star Trek has been done to death and Star Wars are going down that same path, as far a the small/big screen is concerned.

So Science Fiction fans what are your thoughts about this. You think Disney should follow Star Trek's path,or leave such ideas as is?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

Star Wars The Clone Wars & Rebels CGI series proves Star Wars TV series does in fact work. The Clone Wars series was a successful hit, it made Cartoon Network the most watch TV series of it's time until they screw it up on themselves.

While CGI formula work, making it into a live action TV series would be interesting to see since Disney commented on working a live action Star Wars series. I hope it centers around the Old Republic era because I'm already sick of the current Star Wars era as it is.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#3 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

@davillain-: I really wasn't thinking of a cartoon series to be honest, I was thinking of a drama/action series coming from directly from the movie series. Sorry for not be more specific.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DaVillain  Moderator

@brimmul777 said:

@davillain-: I really wasn't thinking of a cartoon series to be honest, I was thinking of a drama/action series coming from directly from the movie series. Sorry for not be more specific.

Oh it's cool. But of course, Disney is still considering making a Star Wars live action however. I don't think Disney will air such a live action through cable network. From what I read, this live action is looking to be part of a service like Netflix since Disney has good relation with Netflix. I think it has potential if it's only a streaming service series.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#5 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

I'd rather just have more of the old-style Star Trek.

More in-depth dialog instead of action battles! We need more two-part episodes about what it means to be human, etc...

@davillain- said:

While CGI formula work, making it into a live action TV series would be interesting to see since Disney commented on working a live action Star Wars series. I hope it centers around the Old Republic era because I'm already sick of the current Star Wars era as it is.

Yeah I'd watch the heck out of that.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DaVillain  Moderator

@pyro1245: Darth Bane is the only one I want to see Disney turning it into a live action series.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

I'm hoping they make a contract with HBO.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7269 Posts

They are making a Star Wars TV series. John Favreau is writing and producing. It will be released on Disney's streaming service they are working on.

https://nerdist.com/jon-favreau-star-wars-tv-series-details-exclusive-nerdist-news/

Avatar image for deactivated-5c56012aaa167
deactivated-5c56012aaa167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 deactivated-5c56012aaa167
Member since 2016 • 2538 Posts

Making live action doesn't work because Star Wars needs a lot of practical effects and CGIs to actually feel like star wars. Making animated series is much easier since they don't have to make every cgi as realistic as possible.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#10 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

We have a very disparaging attitude towards animation in The West, which has always been quite annoying.

Clone Wars was just, straight up better than the movies. Be it the animation shorts or CGI series.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58304 Posts

It will work if they don't do anything with the Skywalker line. Having Leia make a token appearance in Rebels, and even Ahsoka for that matter because of her connection to Anakin (though less so), sort of shocked my immersion with that series.

I love Star Wars, all of it, but being reminded of the whole Skywalker legacy in a show that otherwise had nothing to do with that legacy sort of left a sour taste in my mouth. The galaxy is a big place, you should have to turn around and see a Skywalker around the damn corner :P

But honestly? The animated series, both Clone Wars and Rebels, are arguably among the best installments in all of Star Wars. I would relish a TV series if it is of the same caliber. I'm also looking forward to the new animated series that's a continuation of Rebels, titled Resistance.

Fun fact: Lucas was planning on doing a Star Wars live-action show way back when, they even shot a good majority of film for it, but never aired it.

@dorog1995 said:

Making live action doesn't work because Star Wars needs a lot of practical effects and CGIs to actually feel like star wars. Making animated series is much easier since they don't have to make every cgi as realistic as possible.

What if they did something like Sin City, where literally everything but the actors was CGI? It wouldn't be a compromise of practical effects, real sets, and CGI; it would just be straight up CGI with actors which is fairly easy to do.

I don't really like the idea, but it might be easier to do, and appeal to enough people.

@uninspiredcup said:

We have a very disparaging attitude towards animation in The West, which has always been quite annoying.

Clone Wars was just, straight up better than the movies. Be it the animation shorts or CGI series.

Yeah, it's a shame. I tried explaining this to my very old dad, the difference between animation and "cartoons" he knows (Bug Bunny, etc). He didn't get it. Him and millions of others.

I agree that Clone Wars is better than the films. Rebels, too, for that matter.

That duel between Kenobi and Maul, OMFG. And his dying words! RRRRRRRRRR. That's it, I'm rewatching it.

SPOILER!!! This is how two masters fight. Three movements. Done!

Loading Video...

MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MuD3
Member since 2011 • 2192 Posts

It could work. It all depends on the talent they hire to make the thing.

I would personally be really interested to see something from the old republic on screen and I think a TV series would be an excellent place for them to put that out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69a9d1edf45
deactivated-5b69a9d1edf45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By deactivated-5b69a9d1edf45
Member since 2018 • 108 Posts

@brimmul777: If Star Wars is not a space opera, it is Star Trek Incarnate!!

Star Wars has more than drama and action. Star Wars has comedy, family value instruction in poetry, a huge variety of scenery for noir, new age mysticism, integration of more mature religious beliefs in characters, high technology role-playing within the films that are games, so yes, and spirituality with love. All of these combine into a space opera with amazing music that is at the heart of the emotion displayed through the force: Every moment of music radiates energy in the original three films and the three proceeded after them. The seventh needed more than Han Solo and Princess Leia as the strength of character personified. Star Wars Episode VII needed the emotion of the Jedi focused into the strength of the narrative as Uncle Ben Kenobi pushes young Luke Skywalker, son of his brother-in-arms, to best his evil relative in training and life choices. We knew about the young Jedi's importance in episode VII, but she is pulled along until a man alive dies. I admit that I have not watched Rogue One or Episode VIII, but in my defense, I engaged with Episode II: Attack of the Clones.

That is, I am compelled that I watch strong women engage in contention, and the young Jedi, Rey, does not have that opportunity on her own for very much time in that film at a length of simply two hours and fifteen minutes unlike the Extended Universe with Luke, Han, Leia, and many other characters over decades in time. The fans of Disney and Star Wars recognized that Disney must extend long arches over the radiance that the Extended Universe offered readers, watchers, and players. The long arches of story development would have remained true whether or not they canceled affiliation with it on the acquisition of Star Wars from George Lucas.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts
@brimmul777 said:

As the topic says, would you like to see a Star Wars T.V. show. Personally,I think it would be a terrible idea, but I can see Disney milking the series even more. Star Trek has been done to death and Star Wars are going down that same path, as far a the small/big screen is concerned.

So Science Fiction fans what are your thoughts about this. You think Disney should follow Star Trek's path,or leave such ideas as is?

I would not watch it.

I think its my age, I am just burned out on action movie/tv content as well as Dark Drama all of which make up nearly 100% of film now

Todddow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Todddow
Member since 2017 • 916 Posts

Man, it'd be a risk for sure. The movies catch flack and they are high dollar productions. A TV series wouldn't have the budget and fan expectations would still be sky high. It would have to be VERY well done on a budget.