What should I do with my sister who bothers me?

• 62 results
#1 Edited by MDK12345 (2528 posts) -

I have a sister 3 years younger. She constantly makes weird noises and acts goofy and retarded and I have no idea what she's doing. When her cheer leader friends are over, she tries to act like a normal person. But around me, she constantly taunts and acts retarded. And she's always yelling at my parents or little brother 24-7 about this or that.

I have no desire to be a part of her behavior. She used to use me. She'd only wanna talk to me if I got her food. She doesn't want me to ever be around her friends cuz she feels ''embarrassed'' but when she wants food she tells me to go get it.

But I don't want to deal with her anymore. I've already told her that I don't want to deal with her if she's going to give me bullshit. And now when she sees me I try to ignore her. She bothers me and tells me that she is concerned about the way I'm acting. I tell her that she needs to stop bothering me after she asks me many times why I'm ignoring her. Then she starts acting all retarded again and starts telling me I need help.

There is nothing I can do around her. If I ignore her, she makes a big deal then calls me a creep. If I talk to her, she just goes into retard mode and makes me fricking scream then calls me a psycho. I mean seriously I cannot put up with her anymore. There is NOTHING I can do!! She bothers the whole entire family!

I'm thinking maybe if I call her fat she'll shut up. Should I? She used to say that to me, but she's the fatty now. Will hurting her feelings make her stop once and for all?

#3 Edited by indzman (27377 posts) -

Are you crazy TC ? =P

#4 Posted by alim298 (2747 posts) -

KEEP ignoring her. That method works with everyone.

#5 Posted by MDK12345 (2528 posts) -

@alim298 said:

KEEP ignoring her. That method works with everyone.

And it doesn't stop her from running her mouth, talking smack

#6 Edited by watchdogsrules (541 posts) -

@mdk12345: i share your pain, ignore the chick and only reply to her only when its necessary. since shes younger i say you sit her down tell her off and tell her to leave you the **** alone. i do that to my sister. works like a charm every time.

#7 Posted by MDK12345 (2528 posts) -

@watchdogsrules said:

@mdk12345: i share your pain, ignore the chick and only reply to her only when its necessary. since shes younger i say you sit her down tell her off and tell her to leave you the **** alone. i do that to my sister. works like a charm every time.

Thanks. Except I have been doing that. I try to tell her to leave me the **** alone and then she goes, ''whoah whoah whoah, you're scaring me. I think you need help. Come to therapy with me, I'm worried about you. Wow, you're scary.''

#8 Posted by GTR12 (12571 posts) -

You just defined exactly what a little sister is, they are meant to be annoying.

#9 Posted by johnd13 (9264 posts) -

I think you're the one in the family that needs help.

Avatar image for -TheSecondSign-
#10 Edited by -TheSecondSign- (9298 posts) -

Walk away from her? Unless she insists on following you everywhere constantly all the time there's got to be a place you can go to seperate yourself from her. Opt to not be around her.

#11 Edited by Black_Alpha_G (94 posts) -

OP, I know the shitty sister feels. My older sister has pretty much hated me from the day I was born, because I took the "youngest" spot from her, so not only is she super rude, but is only ever nice when she wants e to watch her kids for her. I say no for obvious reasons, and the fact she's flaky as ****. "I'll be back in a couple hours" turns into all night, well into the morning. Plus, she's really mean to our parents too, who put her up after she got evicted, and still has the nerve to treat them that way.

Also, she loves acting like she's so fucking perfect on FB, about how much she loves her kids, when she just uses them to take advantage of people. Honestly, I have no respect for her at all, and even being around her pisses me off.

EDIT: OP, you should totally just go "FATTY FATTY FATTY" until she cries. That will show her.

Don't actually do that, unless you really hate her.

#12 Posted by MDK12345 (2528 posts) -

@-TheSecondSign- said:

Walk away from her? Unless she insists on following you everywhere constantly all the time there's got to be a place you can go to seperate yourself from her. Opt to not be around her.

Well lately the only time I see her is when I get dinner and sometimes she's there, sometimes she's not. If she does happen to be there, and I do need to clean as well, she somehow will come towards me and start laughing in a retarded way and start making retarded noises. I have no respect for her. She brought the family down the last couple of years with her bitching about how ugly she looks and even threatening to harm herself. She exhausts everyone. She is one annoying human being. She is extremely selfish and has no respect towards others.

When she's with the other family members, she will put on her fake face and fake smile. Fucking pisses me off. If only others knew how she really was. You know how they always say, ''You have to love your siblings.'' Yea.. I get that. But come on, there has to be exceptions where that saying doesn't apply. There is literally nothing that she does that is good for others, it's all about exhausting others and using others.

Avatar image for -TheSecondSign-
#13 Posted by -TheSecondSign- (9298 posts) -

@mdk12345 said:

@-TheSecondSign- said:

Well lately the only time I see her is when I get dinner and sometimes she's there, sometimes she's not. If she does happen to be there, and I do need to clean as well, she somehow will come towards me and start laughing in a retarded way and start making retarded noises. I have no respect for her. She brought the family down the last couple of years with her bitching about how ugly she looks and even threatening to harm herself. She exhausts everyone. She is one annoying human being. She is extremely selfish and has no respect towards others.

When she's with the other family members, she will put on her fake face and fake smile. Fucking pisses me off. If only others knew how she really was. You know how they always say, ''You have to love your siblings.'' Yea.. I get that. But come on, there has to be exceptions where that saying doesn't apply. There is literally nothing that she does that is good for others, it's all about exhausting others and using others.

Well you only have to deal with it for a little while. Sounds shitty but eventually you move out and then if you don't want to you never have to see or talk to her again. At worst, you'll get angry phone calls from your parents asking to call her, but you won't have to.

Only thing you can do is minimize the time you spend around her and don't feed her bait. She probably does that shit for attention and the more you argue with her the more she'll do it. I still have to deal with that bullshit at work, with grown Marines, who still act like that.

Just minimize interaction with her and wait until you can leave home. Once you do, you'll never even think about her if she bothers you that much. Sorry man.

#14 Posted by jasean79 (2593 posts) -

It's called "sibling rivalry" and is completely normal behavior when growing up in the same household.

Dude, I think you have major OCD and blow everything WAY out of proportion.

#15 Posted by MDK12345 (2528 posts) -

@jasean79 said:

It's called "sibling rivalry" and is completely normal behavior when growing up in the same household.

Nope. She's the one causing it. I'm not trying to participate.

#16 Edited by jasean79 (2593 posts) -

@mdk12345 said:

@jasean79 said:

Nope. She's the one causing it. I'm not trying to participate.

It doesn't matter who causes it. It's all part of living under one roof with your kin 24/7. They get on your nerves - it's the facts of life.

You really need to just accept it for what it is. Until you move out on your own, deal with it.

#17 Edited by commander (14124 posts) -

@mdk12345 said:

I have a sister 3 years younger. She constantly makes weird noises and acts goofy and retarded and I have no idea what she's doing. When her cheer leader friends are over, she tries to act like a normal person. But around me, she constantly taunts and acts retarded. And she's always yelling at my parents or little brother 24-7 about this or that.

I have no desire to be a part of her behavior. She used to use me. She'd only wanna talk to me if I got her food. She doesn't want me to ever be around her friends cuz she feels ''embarrassed'' but when she wants food she tells me to go get it.

But I don't want to deal with her anymore. I've already told her that I don't want to deal with her if she's going to give me bullshit. And now when she sees me I try to ignore her. She bothers me and tells me that she is concerned about the way I'm acting. I tell her that she needs to stop bothering me after she asks me many times why I'm ignoring her. Then she starts acting all retarded again and starts telling me I need help.

There is nothing I can do around her. If I ignore her, she makes a big deal then calls me a creep. If I talk to her, she just goes into retard mode and makes me fricking scream then calls me a psycho. I mean seriously I cannot put up with her anymore. There is NOTHING I can do!! She bothers the whole entire family!

I'm thinking maybe if I call her fat she'll shut up. Should I? She used to say that to me, but she's the fatty now. Will hurting her feelings make her stop once and for all?

Don't let it get to you, it's because it get's to you that she keeps on doing it

besides i'm sure your little sister loves you, and vice versa. Be the bigger man, stay calm, and explain that her behaviour is a bit over the top when it get's too bad and do it in a funny way. But don't hurt her feelings , calling her fat is a bad idea. You can say, are you wild again today.

If she says you're a creep or a psycho laugh it away, since she has no reason to say that, don't laugh it away in negavitve or hostile manner but more in a caring manner, like my silly sister, puberty is hard isn't it.

#18 Posted by MDK12345 (2528 posts) -

So she came in singing and started making weird noises and I tried the ''So you're wild again today?'' And that made her laugh really hard. She started dancing, talking about how she worked out. She had some chinese take out. I looked over and quietly said to her, ''A lot of food...'' Ha ha. I think I'm hitting her weak spot. She knows she can't say that type of smack to me anymore because I'm much more fit than her right now. Shit, for a girl even, her legs and arms are bigger than mine and she's short!! If she keeps on bothering me, I'll just wink at her and tell her, ''Gotta eata less baby'' Ha ha. Now I don't like to bring people down. But sometimes when they irritate you everyday you got to put them in place!

#19 Posted by Master_Live (18815 posts) -

Just punch on the fucking face. If she continues then elbow her on the throat.

#20 Posted by thegerg (18279 posts) -

Get the hell over it.

#21 Edited by MDK12345 (2528 posts) -

@Master_Live said:

Just punch on the fucking face. If she continues then elbow her on the throat.

Well she'd never forgive me if I did that and she would blame me for making her more ugly. No I'm not kidding. She always complains about her face and how it's changed unnaturally. She blaims the dentists, she blames vitamin d, she blames the allergist. But what she doesn't realize is her face got fat.

#22 Posted by commander (14124 posts) -

@mdk12345 said:

So she came in singing and started making weird noises and I tried the ''So you're wild again today?'' And that made her laugh really hard. She started dancing, talking about how she worked out. She had some chinese take out. I looked over and quietly said to her, ''A lot of food...'' Ha ha. I think I'm hitting her weak spot. She knows she can't say that type of smack to me anymore because I'm much more fit than her right now. Shit, for a girl even, her legs and arms are bigger than mine and she's short!! If she keeps on bothering me, I'll just wink at her and tell her, ''Gotta eata less baby'' Ha ha. Now I don't like to bring people down. But sometimes when they irritate you everyday you got to put them in place!

don't talk about her weight, like i said, be the bigger man. The wild thing was good, the food wasn't. If you would compliment on how thin she was, she would eat out of your hand. Women are easy, they like attention, they like compliments

only she does it completely wrong, the way she wants to draw attention, that's because she's basically a kid in big body, because that's what teenagers are. That doesn't mean that you have to respond to it in the wrong way, like I said, be the bigger person.

I'm 36 year old man, i know what I'm talking about

#23 Edited by KHAndAnime (17565 posts) -

@mdk12345 said:

No offense dude but I think you think need counseling. You should never have to put someone down to make yourself feel better. If anything, fight your battles with compassion - not petty snickering. I'm sensing a bit of a pattern with the issues you've been having and it sounds like you need a professional who can talk things through with you. Gamespot isn't really helping - it's too easy to sort through opinions and pick the one that best fits how you feel about the situation, when those aren't the opinions you should be heeding.

#24 Posted by MDK12345 (2528 posts) -

It's not putting her down to make myself feel better. No... I'm not even like that to be honest. It's when you are in a last resort situation and you have to make her stop or slow down, that's all... It has to be done, I just got to have the balls for it. Heck I might not even go all out on her.

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
#25 Posted by harry_james_pot (11398 posts) -

You really hate your family, don't you..

#26 Posted by MDK12345 (2528 posts) -

Dang... She was just in my room and wouldn't leave. Telling me she's getting a dog, trying to make me come with her. My mom already told her she couldn't have a dog... Of course I'm not coming with her, I'm not responsible.

#27 Posted by thegerg (18279 posts) -

You continue to demonstrate your inability to deal with your dysfunctional family. You need to either do something about it or just get over it. Be an adult. Fix it, or get out.

#28 Edited by commander (14124 posts) -

@thegerg said:

You continue to demonstrate your inability to deal with your dysfunctional family. You need to either do something about it or just get over it. Be an adult. Fix it, or get out.

you continue to demonstrate your inability to have any type of empathy. Join humanity or get out.

#29 Posted by MDK12345 (2528 posts) -

Today family came over and my sister put pasta on her plate. I said, ''Hey Watch the carbs.'' See, I never am like this, but I'm just trying to find her weak spots just to have ammo prepared ONLY if I need it and I don't want to. But after the family left, she was like ''I can't believe you. you know what you said.'' So now I have ammo prepared at hand. And maybe she knows now that she can't be dumb with me anymore or I can talk to her about the ''carbs.'' So.. I don't want to use it like a lot of bad people to, but it's there only if need be.

#30 Posted by XilePrincess (13130 posts) -

My sister, who is also 3 years younger, does or has done the following:
-Threatened me with a knife, stabbed me with a serving fork
-Kicked me in the chest
-Has regular screaming fits that last 3 hours over something as simple as someone crossing her, or maybe accidentally using something that was hers (Saturday was a screaming fit over hair spray)
-Dictates what all other members of the household can eat based off of what she has decided is 'acceptable' (she's now into fitness so we all get shamed for eating anything she doesn't approve of)
-Breaks things in a rage
-Physical assault including punching, kicking, digging nails in so hard she breaks the skin, shoving, using household items as weapons, etc.
-Emotionally abuses people when she's mad. She calls me obese and piggy (I am nowhere near obesity) when she sees me eat anything if she's angry. etc.

This is all in a typical week, and doesn't include half of what she does. Your sister sounds like the typical bratty teenager. Trade you? Suck it up.

Do not call her fat. There's nothing to be gained from ruining some kid's self esteem. Her being told she's fat won't change how she treats you. Ignore her entirely as if she didn't exist if you must, but don't get down on the childish level of calling people fat because she makes you mad.

#31 Posted by GTR12 (12571 posts) -

Call her fatty or piggy, I do it all the time, my sister doesn't care anymore...but I've been doing it for like 10 yrs, so she's used to it.

People are nuts these days, they think you cant tease or make fun of anybody, and yeah we still like each other as siblings, its just rivalry, but its never physical, just teasing, calling each other names, making up shameful songs etc...

And it hasn't ruined our self esteem, we just have to one-up-each-other always.

#32 Posted by Gaming-Planet (18640 posts) -

Sounds like me, except the fat part.

I try to get a lot of attention from my older brother, and I have 3 older brothers. One in particular falls under being a victim by my behavior, and that's probably because we've conditioned ourselves to take those roles since we were little. It's going to be awhile before you two mature; and yes, you two need to mature and not one or the other.

#33 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@mdk12345 said:

I don't have a sister, but if I did and she acted that way all the time with me. I think one fast punch in the mouth would make her think twice about pestering the **** out of me all the time. I know, I know, that sounds soooo mean. But it will make her leave you the hell alone.

#34 Posted by VaguelyTagged (10701 posts) -

OP doesn't make much sense to me. what do you mean by her acting "retarded" and "goofy"? why would her goofy attitude make you feel that way? what does it have to do with you?

#35 Edited by BranKetra (51726 posts) -

@mdk12345: This is turning into a revenge thread. It is not good.

Throughout your entire life, your biological family may be the group of individuals who know and help you more than anyone else. Taking them for granted is to be avoided at all costs. I recommend you modify your behavior some in order to adapt to your situation, and do so while maintaining your dignity. Consider how you responded the first time she acted the way you are currently bothered by or should have responded in hindsight. Imagine any less amount of stress you felt because it was not a regular occurrence. Keep that in mind and approach the situation as if you are not stressed too much because you can endure it. One thing I have learned about females is they like males who are not easily stressed. At the very least, you can earn respect from your sister by exuding that characteristic. Ignoring someone is not a good way to handle a personal situation. In fact, it can severely strain relations. Apathy is actually considered to be worse than direct hate by many. That said, I suggest you refrain from insulting her any further no matter how slyly you can because integrity is more important than a supposed easy solution to stress at the cost of a relationship.

#36 Edited by Treflis (13309 posts) -

She's your sibling, they're supposed to drive you nuts until you're adults.

#37 Posted by commander (14124 posts) -

@mdk12345 said:

Today family came over and my sister put pasta on her plate. I said, ''Hey Watch the carbs.'' See, I never am like this, but I'm just trying to find her weak spots just to have ammo prepared ONLY if I need it and I don't want to. But after the family left, she was like ''I can't believe you. you know what you said.'' So now I have ammo prepared at hand. And maybe she knows now that she can't be dumb with me anymore or I can talk to her about the ''carbs.'' So.. I don't want to use it like a lot of bad people to, but it's there only if need be.

you're doing it all wrong.

The last thing you want is a womans revenge

#38 Edited by MDK12345 (2528 posts) -

felt good to shut her up since I'm in great shape, I lift and run hard everyday, and now she is the one who others make fun of cuz she's a little out of shape. to say politely. She bothered me my whole life. I don't look for fights, but hope now she knows to not ''cross the line'' or she's gonna get hurt emotionally.

#39 Edited by thehig1 (6180 posts) -

@mdk12345: You make some odd threads, a couple threads getting paranoid over things you say in forums years ago affecting your life, another about your dad eating with his mouth open and now your sister.

Stop worrying!

And for your sister you need to let her know your the dominant one, ignore her when she acts up, and dont show that your stressed or upset.

Dont fight back she is your little sister afterall

#40 Posted by BranKetra (51726 posts) -

@mdk12345 said:

felt good to shut her up since I'm in great shape, I lift and run hard everyday, and now she is the one who others make fun of cuz she's a little out of shape. to say politely. She bothered me my whole life. I don't look for fights, but hope now she knows to not ''cross the line'' or she's gonna get hurt emotionally.

That is horrible.

#41 Edited by indzman (27377 posts) -

@BranKetra said:

@mdk12345 said:

That is horrible.

Sisters b.f or husband in future gonna rough up TC for this i'm telling ya =P

#42 Posted by indzman (27377 posts) -
@XilePrincess said:

My sister, who is also 3 years younger, does or has done the following:

-Threatened me with a knife, stabbed me with a serving fork

-Kicked me in the chest

-Has regular screaming fits that last 3 hours over something as simple as someone crossing her, or maybe accidentally using something that was hers (Saturday was a screaming fit over hair spray)

-Dictates what all other members of the household can eat based off of what she has decided is 'acceptable' (she's now into fitness so we all get shamed for eating anything she doesn't approve of)

-Breaks things in a rage

-Physical assault including punching, kicking, digging nails in so hard she breaks the skin, shoving, using household items as weapons, etc.

-Emotionally abuses people when she's mad. She calls me obese and piggy (I am nowhere near obesity) when she sees me eat anything if she's angry. etc.

This is all in a typical week, and doesn't include half of what she does. Your sister sounds like the typical bratty teenager. Trade you? Suck it up.

Do not call her fat. There's nothing to be gained from ruining some kid's self esteem. Her being told she's fat won't change how she treats you. Ignore her entirely as if she didn't exist if you must, but don't get down on the childish level of calling people fat because she makes you mad.

Your sis seems like a psycho case, no offense :(

#43 Posted by XilePrincess (13130 posts) -

@indzman said:

Your sis seems like a psycho case, no offense :(

None taken, she absolutely is.

#44 Posted by MDK12345 (2528 posts) -

Just got in a confrontation with her. You see, we always fight when it comes to the laundry. I don't want her touching my clothes. So many times she makes me rush when she says she is doing laundry. And she throws my clothes on the floor, so that she could do ''her'' laundry. I mean that just pisses me off. It's always her first even though I was first.

So I told her she better not touch my stuff. She starts yelling and then I brush her hand away from the machine. She throws the laundry basket at me (the heavy one's with edges) and gives me a blister on my forearm. I have to shove her of course, party out of anger. And she starts screaming and says she'll call the cops if I touch her.

God I hate how she just looks too fat. I really do. I know I should be sensitive about it, but I'm worried that she doesn't even know that she's overweight. She may just be proud cuz it gives her more curves. She's really short and is really big. It bothers me because she is fat because she's selfish. See she has depression because she thinks she's too ugly and she thinks that her face changed cuz of pollution or some bullshit. But she doesn't realize that her face only looks different cuz she's gained fat. She says she wants to lose, but I mean does she really? You see, if she wasn't so provocative and annoying, it wouldn't bother me. But she is a really annoying creature.

I just can't stand her. And she is still making retarded noises. Maybe I should make a comment about you know what? Hey, it's mean but she used to make fun of me all the time. Maybe she should get a taste of her own medicine. She pushes people to the limits. Even my friends know how dam selfish and annoying she is. GOD!!

#45 Edited by SOedipus (10312 posts) -

Can't stand them fatties.

#46 Posted by MDK12345 (2528 posts) -

I did something that made me feel bad. I'm not the type to insult others. So my sister came in my room and was complaining to me telling me it smells and called me a smelly person. I was pissed the way she did it. So I yelled at that she's fat, while she went out. Not sure if she heard me, but I was so pissed I had to do it. I do not like her. I try to avoid her all the time, but ****.

#47 Posted by SaintLeonidas (26735 posts) -

What the hell is all this. This is a discussion board, not your personal blog. Take this shit elsewhere.

#48 Edited by lamprey263 (34421 posts) -

Let's add this up, she demands your attention, but won't let you be around her pretty cheerleader friends, she's always poking your buttons and going out of her way to do it, she wants you to wait on her and do things nice things for her... I think your sister has a crush on you. If you wanna piss her off, get to second base with one of her cute cheerleader friends. Though dubious, that in itself should be its own reward.

#49 Posted by tocool340 (21117 posts) -

Can we switch sisters? Yours sounds much easier to love and deal with unlike my argumentative always wanna be right older sister...

You can do like I do, ignore her. When she walks in the same room your in, vacate the fucking premises. Go outside and chill out til she leaves. Sooner or later she's gonna realize that she's losing you and maybe, just maybe she'll try to fix things with you. At least I know that's what my sister's doing. Unfortunately, the problem I have with my sister is hard wired into her personality which means she really will never change. What's broken between us can never be fixed no matter how many times she apologize...

#50 Edited by tocool340 (21117 posts) -

Sorry, double post...