What's the longest you've ever slept?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by br0kenrabbit (15018 posts) -

I'm a night owl, I'm usually in bed around 5am, up around noon. Yesterday I got up at noon and moved to the couch...and promptly fell asleep till 7pm. That's 14 freaking hours, and now it's 5am and I'm nowhere near ready to sleep.

I've never slept 14 hours before, and now I feel all fucked up. Probably just gonna stay up the rest of the day to 'reset'.

#3 Posted by br0kenrabbit (15018 posts) -

@Iszdope said:

27 hrs.

Were you in a coma? lol

#5 Edited by br0kenrabbit (15018 posts) -

@Iszdope said:

Possibleye. Dunno.

I was definitely out of it though.

I guess the next obvious question is: what the hell happened the night before? lol

Avatar image for always_explicit
#6 Posted by always_explicit (3379 posts) -

I got a virus very similar to impetigo but slightly more severe after a two week holiday in cuba. My doctor hadnt seen it before and wasnt sure what the diagnosis was. I was so itchy and uncomfortable I couldnt sleep for 36 hours. Doctor gave me a tranquilliser and some strong antibiotics targeted at skin virus. Then I slept for about 29 hours.

Didnt have an appetite for 3 days. Never been so hungry and dehydrated in all my life. Didnt fully appreciate just how satisfying water could be until I went without it for so long.

#8 Posted by br0kenrabbit (15018 posts) -

@always_explicit said:

I got a virus very similar to impetigo but slightly more severe after a two week holiday in cuba. My doctor hadnt seen it before and wasnt sure what the diagnosis was. I was so itchy and uncomfortable I couldnt sleep for 36 hours. Doctor gave me a tranquilliser and some strong antibiotics targeted at skin virus. Then I slept for about 29 hours.

I've only slept like 4 hours a night my whole life until last August, when the doc put me on some hypnotics (it wasn't that I wasn't tired, my mind just wouldn't shift into sleep mode). It's hard to shake the sleep when I wake up so I usually get moving and doing some work, but yesterday I made the mistake of landing on the couch straight from the bed. So I know how that drug-induced sleep is.

#9 Posted by br0kenrabbit (15018 posts) -

@Iszdope said:

You mean the two nights before...

Can't talk about that stuff here though. Suffice to say I was having a good time.

Drugs are bad mmk?

Hah! Reminds me of a quote from somewhere: "I don't remember a thing about last night...until I speak to my lawyer."

#10 Edited by XilePrincess (13130 posts) -

14 or so hours. Not solid sleep, I get up to pee every 2-4 hours without fail. But I was exhausted from a weird work schedule (up at 6 am one day, working until 10 pm the next day, etc) so I really needed it. I rarely sleep that much, I survive on barely any if I have to.

#11 Posted by British_Azimio (2459 posts) -

A week and a half, after being up for 19 days.

#13 Posted by sukraj (27113 posts) -

11 hours but that was a very long time ago.

#14 Posted by Master_Live (18815 posts) -

Like 24 hours. Nothing weirder than waking disoriented and realizing that you skipped a full day.

#15 Edited by comp_atkins (34183 posts) -

when i've been sick i've probably slept 15-18 hours. given the chance and sufficient tiredness i can usually do 12 pretty easily

#16 Posted by indzman (26298 posts) -

one full day, then again i was very sick too.

#17 Posted by bowchicka07 (1104 posts) -

I've slept for about 40 hours before ... waking up to piss and for a cig here and there. I mixed a lot of drugs when i was younger.

Weren't my proudest days.

#18 Posted by angeldeb82 (1452 posts) -

I used to sleep for 10 hours when I was little. Now, I kinda sleep for six to seven hours mostly.

#19 Edited by Kevlar101 (6316 posts) -

I once stayed up for a little over 2 days straight.

After that, I slept a good 16 hours or so.

#20 Posted by CountBleck12 (4740 posts) -

Probably around 12 to 13 hours.

#21 Edited by sammyjenkis898 (28392 posts) -

Around 14 hours.

#22 Posted by plageus900 (2294 posts) -

I slept for 16 hours after finishing up a week long deployment exercise.

#23 Posted by lonewolf604 (8638 posts) -

About 20 hours after arriving in the Philippines. It was my first time travelling half way around the world, plus my body hates jet lag in general.

#24 Posted by Gaming-Planet (18459 posts) -

19 hours.

I had no antidepressants and part of the withdraws made me oversleep. I would be up for like 3-4 hours and fall back to bed for another 10-15 hours, but eventually reached 19.

Avatar image for Chow_Mein_Kampf
#25 Edited by Chow_Mein_Kampf (6203 posts) -

Around 14 hours when I got sick................

That whole week was an odd blur.........

#26 Posted by GamerForca (7203 posts) -

About 16 hours when I took more than the recommended amount of sleeping pills. Without pills, I slept 13 hours once (and hadn't even been doing anything the day I did that).

#27 Posted by Celldrax (15035 posts) -

Dunno. Maybe 16 or 17 hours.

#28 Edited by destinhpark (4831 posts) -

The longest I've slept is the same as you! 14 hours. It was strange too because I wasn't drug, on drugs or anything of that nature, and I wasn't overtired from work or anything. I just felt like sleeping that day for some odd reason, haha. But yeah, 14 hours. It's crazy.

#29 Posted by lamprey263 (34265 posts) -

Under heavy sedation I did like an entire day.

#30 Edited by kitty (115323 posts) -

49 hours. I have a sleeping disorder that has been present since birth pretty much. There are times when I can easily stay up for two or three days or longer. My cousin challenged me to see who couls tay up the longest. I lasted the longest staying up for 7 days. He crashed about 6 1/2 in. :P That was when I was younger though. I don't do silly stuff like that now.

But every once and awhile a game can keep me up for a few days, or if I get really interested in something.

Though I literally hate sleeping at night, so idk what to do about it.
This might surprise people, but some times, I'll sleep for 20 hours straight.

#31 Edited by Maddie_Larkin (7422 posts) -

got a pretty wrecked sleeping pattern in general (as in a coupple of days with Little to no sleep, and then pretty much most of a day sleeping).

Longest must have been a bit over 24 hours, after an insanely hard work week where we were required to be on standby for 72 hours, we did get sleep here and there, when there was an oppatunity, but when I came home I slept like I was dead. I might have been up to take a leak on occation, but if I were I can not even remember doing so :\

Avatar image for cynical_buzzard
#32 Edited by Cynical_Buzzard (226 posts) -

The most I have ever slept was for 12 hours after I stayed up for 48 hours.

#33 Edited by sherman-tank1 (8315 posts) -

12 like most people here it seems.

#34 Posted by -Renegade (8340 posts) -

ive slept a good 24+ hours before, that was when i was sick of course.

#35 Posted by hippiesanta (10299 posts) -

I sleep around 16-17 hours in a london hotel room naked and probably in starfish position ... I sleep like a corpes and forget to put Do Not Disturb sign and I believe housekeeping saw me naked..... after a long 13 hours jet lag flight

#36 Posted by korvus (10582 posts) -

16 hours when I had to go 3 straight days without sleeping. Normally I sleep from around 3am to 7am.

#37 Posted by mjorh (6741 posts) -

Is that even possible for a healthy person to sleep more than 24 hours?!

#38 Posted by MirkoS77 (12340 posts) -

A week, but that was with the aid of heavy narcotics that I'd been RxD. Only time I got up was to take pills, go the the bathroom, eat a small bite and feed my cat. But I was in bed for literally a week.

#40 Posted by kitty (115323 posts) -

@Korvus85 said:

16 hours when I had to go 3 straight days without sleeping. Normally I sleep from around 3am to 7am.

Too little sleep

#41 Posted by korvus (10582 posts) -

@2ndwonder: *Turns to you with an expressionless face and blood shot eyes* Are you talking to me?

#42 Posted by ChiefvsGordon (1085 posts) -

A little over day, about 26 hours...pulled 3 and a half days straight doing 3 major projects in college(procrastination). i remember i got home at about 3pm and didn't wake up till 5pm the next day. my mom woke me up sometime in the middle to make sure I wasn't dead lol.

#43 Posted by Trail_Mix (2579 posts) -

Not sure.

A little over a half a day or so, when I'm sick.