What kind of pet(s) do you own ?

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts

What kind of Pet(s) do you own ?

I have a Papillon/Chihuahua mix and this isn't her but this dog looks completely identical to her.

I haven't been training her too much. I need to communicate with her more and understand her a bit but lately its just been about food. She's getting bigger and so is her belly.

How about you guys ?

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

A sato.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

golden retriever, he's pretty good at basic obedience. and he'll get my slippers from the closet for me ( if the door is open ) when i come home from work.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Young_Charter

@comp_atkins said:

golden retriever, he's pretty good at basic obedience. and he'll get my slippers from the closet for me ( if the door is open ) when i come home from work.

My Dog is a little weird at times. But she isn't wild. What kind of basic obedience training do you give your lab ?

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

@Young_Charter said:

@comp_atkins said:

My Dog is a little weird at times. But she isn't wild. What kind of basic obedience training do you give your lab ?

basic stuff, respond when called, sit/stay/wait etc. nothing crazy

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Young_Charter

@comp_atkins said:

@Young_Charter said:

@comp_atkins said:

basic stuff, respond when called, sit/stay/wait etc. nothing crazy

ohhh gotcha.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

@Young_Charter said:

What kind of Dog do you have ?

Do you train it ?

I have a Papillon/Chihuahua mix and this isn't her but this dog looks completely identical to her.

I haven't been training her too much. I need to communicate with her more and understand her a bit but lately its just been about food. She's getting bigger and so is her belly.

How about you guys ?

I see you got an Obi-Wan scheme colored dog too!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d693385560c3
deactivated-5d693385560c3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By deactivated-5d693385560c3
Member since 2012 • 666 Posts

I have a Labrador and a Yorkie.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

None since I got married. But, I used to have a rott when I was single.

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

1 shih tzu and two australian shepard puppies.

we used to have one other shih tzu, but gave her away to someone else. she wasnt getting along at all with our new puppies.

Anna is our Shih Tzu. great dog.

our two new puppies. first is Ava. other is Skylar. thats not a glare, her eye is actually half blue half brownish green. they dont get full run of the house yet. they are still being housebroken. no accidents yet.

When they are not being actively watched, they are in a pen that me and my dad built out of 2x4s and some plastic latice stuff.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 lamprey263  Online
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

English Bulldog

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

I'm not positive, but I think she's a Manchester mix.

I have her trained pretty well with snaps. one snap and she'll stop what she's doing and come next to me. Another snap and she sits. 3 snaps in quick succession and she jumps on me. snap and point and she'll go where I pointed.

plus she knows upstairs, outside, bed, etc.

but the one thing I can't get her to do is stop chewing up my damn socks..

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I have a pit bull. She's definitely mixed with something that make people second guess she's a pit, but she's like 90% pit I think. She could very well be pure blooded though. She's super hyper, but a sweetheart. Wouldn't harm a fly, although she'd jump all over it and force it to play with her.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

I do not have a dog. When I get one, it will be a Doberman Pinscher and yes I will train it.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#17 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

i have a yorkshire terrier and wolf mix. she could basically tear a man limb from limb. she's ferocious.

Avatar image for Braun_Roid_Rage
Braun_Roid_Rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Braun_Roid_Rage
Member since 2013 • 790 Posts

I'm getting this beaut soon. It's the Japanese style Akita. I know a guy who knows a guy that's selling puppies.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

The kind that is invisible.

betamaxx83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20 betamaxx83
Member since 2013 • 360 Posts

I have a yellow lab at the moment

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Young_Charter

@yokofox33: I always wanted a pitt, but my apt is too small for one

@Braun_Roid_Rage: Thats a cute dogg

@Master_Live: loool why yes I do.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#23 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@yokofox33 said:

I have a pit bull. She's definitely mixed with something that make people second guess she's a pit, but she's like 90% pit I think. She could very well be pure blooded though. She's super hyper, but a sweetheart. Wouldn't harm a fly, although she'd jump all over it and force it to play with her.

british bulldog yar

Braun_Roid_Rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Braun_Roid_Rage

@north_dakota said:

@yokofox33 said:

I hate pit bulls, they eat human child alive. No way, they shouldn't be allowed as pet. There were many cases both in UK as well as US in which they did harm to humans. They should be Banned as pet dogs. -_-

This post is full of stupid. It's all about how the owners raise & treat them, dumb ass.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25  Edited By hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

I'm getting this beaut soon. It's the Japanese style Akita. I know a guy who knows a guy that's selling puppies.

Postal_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Postal_Guy
Member since 2006 • 2643 Posts

2 wire haired Dachshund

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

"I have nothing against them"
"I hate Pit Bulls"
"they should be banned"

trying too hard.

but ill bite, post the links.

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#29  Edited By jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

Long hair Chihuahua

Braun_Roid_Rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Braun_Roid_Rage

@north_dakota said:

@Braun_Roid_Rage: Yeah tell them to family member of those who got attacked and lost their child. lol i have nothing against that dog breed. My opinion, pitbull should be banned as home pets. thats it. I can post you several links of pitbull attacking home owners regardless of how well the owners raised and treat them.

You have nothing against Pits but you said you hate them...makes sense. A lot of dog breeds attack people obviously. But because Pits are used in dog fighting & are strong jawed they get a bad rep. And every Pit attack is on the news it seems. Those owners who raise their Pits right rarely ever have problems. I've been around plenty of them & they're good dogs by nature. So yeah, you have no idea wtf you're talking about.

awesome3496

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By awesome3496
Member since 2008 • 2209 Posts

I had a mutt.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#32  Edited By plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

Dogs annoy the shit out of me.

ChiefvsGordon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33 ChiefvsGordon
Member since 2005 • 1085 Posts

they told me it is a golden retriever mixed with a lab retriever, but idk for sure lol. He looks like doug from up :)

bigfootpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By bigfootpart2
Member since 2013 • 1131 Posts

Two Pembroke Welsh Corgis.

Both dogs are trained and very smart, but you'll need to have something they want, like food or toys, to get them to work for you. Corgis are basically little mercenaries.

Trail_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Trail_Mix
Member since 2011 • 2579 Posts

I used to have a rottweiler.

She was actually a pretty big weenie, consider the breed gets a lot of bad rep for being intimidating.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Young_Charter

@bigfootpart2: Saw those for the first time today. Cute little chubby dogs lol. I would like to have one. I look forward to having a second dog by winter.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Sword-Demon

@north_dakota said:

@Braun_Roid_Rage: Yeah tell them to family member of those who got attacked and lost their child. lol i have nothing against that dog breed. My opinion, pitbull should be banned as home pets. thats it. I can post you several links of pitbull attacking home owners regardless of how well the owners raised and treat them.

Pitts, in general, aren't aggressive towards people. They're one of the most loving breeds out there. Every breed has its bad eggs. There are Golden Retrievers, Labs, Huskies, and German Shepards, and any other breed you can think of, that attack people.

Pitts have a negative stigma because *1* they are used for dogfighting due to their strength and resistance to pain, and *2* because there are more stray pitts than any other breed (because so many are bred for dogfighting and the ones that aren't used to fight are thrown out), and any feral animal is likely to be aggressive.

your average Rhodesian Ridgeback is infinitely worse than a pittbull (and over twice as big); If there's any breed that should be banned, it's that one.

spaceninja818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 spaceninja818
Member since 2009 • 425 Posts

I don't have a dog, but I love them. I have a little parrot whose cage is open all the time and he flies around the house freely. He bites, chews and craps on everything like a dog. And if that wasn't enough, he also curses. I don't know who taught him all those words. Little bastard curses worse than a sailor.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Young_Charter

@roulettethedog said:

A wild 7 year old Golden retriever. She was my brother's but I took ownership of Emma when she was 3.

Did something happen in order for you to end up taking ownership of emma ? IF you don't mind me asking.

@spaceninja818 said:

I don't have a dog, but I love them. I have a little parrot whose cage is open all the time and he flies around the house freely. He bites, chews and craps on everything like a dog. And if that wasn't enough, he also curses. I don't know who taught him all those words. Little bastard curses worse than a sailor.

Excuse me, I'll change ther thread to "What kind of pet do you own ?" sorry.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#41 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

@Sword-Demon said:

@north_dakota said:

Pitts, in general, aren't aggressive towards people. They're one of the most loving breeds out there. Every breed has its bad eggs. There are Golden Retrievers, Labs, Huskies, and German Shepards, and any other breed you can think of, that attack people.

Pitts have a negative stigma because *1* they are used for dogfighting due to their strength and resistance to pain, and *2* because there are more stray pitts than any other breed (because so many are bred for dogfighting and the ones that aren't used to fight are thrown out), and any feral animal is likely to be aggressive.

your average Rhodesian Ridgeback is infinitely worse than a pittbull (and over twice as big); If there's any breed that should be banned, it's that one.

my friend has a rhodesian and she's a sweetheart. when people come over, she greets them and then hides on a bed and naps. when other dogs are rough housing, she stands back and barks. she's like a 90lb lapdog. pretty much any domestic breed will be friendly if you socialize them.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

Two cats and two snakes.

Jd1680a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#43 Jd1680a
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts

I own three snakes. A Honduran Milksnake Tangerine, a corn snake and a california kingsnake.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Sword-Demon

@LoG-Sacrament said:

@Sword-Demon said:

@north_dakota said:

my friend has a rhodesian and she's a sweetheart. when people come over, she greets them and then hides on a bed and naps. when other dogs are rough housing, she stands back and barks. she's like a 90lb lapdog. pretty much any domestic breed will be friendly if you socialize them.

I'm certainly not saying they're all bad, and training / socialization is definitely a huge part of it, but from what I've seen (I work at an animal hospital), Rhodesians (along with chow chows and shar peis) in particular seem to be inherently aggressive compared to other dogs.

Meanwhile, pits, who have this huge negative stigma for being aggressive, are always the sweetest dogs I see (We have a stray pit there now whose leg was snapped in half, but he was just wagging his tail and trying to play with everyone, lol).

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

I use to have a pet cricket that I would occasionally run into inside my house

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts

2 goldfish.

leeveeu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#47 leeveeu
Member since 2003 • 3405 Posts

1 big dog (60 kg).

TheFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#48 TheFlush
Member since 2002 • 5965 Posts

A Scottish Fold cat named Joli:

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts

I have one cat, Jack. He'll be 7 in August and he's a cheeky little brat. He owns this house and he knows it.

In the future I'm going to get some rescue animals, probably at least one dog and one cat.

187umKILLAH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 187umKILLAH
Member since 2010 • 1414 Posts
@plageus900 said:

Dogs annoy the shit out of me.

Must admit this made me laugh XD

@Trail_Mix said:

I used to have a rottweiler.

She was actually a pretty big weenie, consider the breed gets a lot of bad rep for being intimidating.

um ok not sure what this means and not sure if I want to know either...

@north_dakota said:

I hate pit bulls, they eat human child alive. No way, they shouldn't be allowed as pet. There were many cases both in UK as well as US in which they did harm to humans. They should be Banned as pet dogs. -_-

I agree these worthless land sharks should be shot on sight or better yet banned as some are where I live but don't even bother wasting time arguing with people online over this issue, they are a fighting dog and have a higher prey drive than companion dogs. They will therefore revert to predatory behaviour such as chasing, biting, attacking and reacting to movement, a lot more quickly and are responsible for a landslide majority of dog attacks but of course the usual biased pit owners will just deny it as ignorance is bliss. Sure any dog can bite but I've never heard of anyone being mauled to death by a chihuahua or poodle.