What items do you think are overpriced in general?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CyberLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

#51 CyberLips
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

divorces surrealnumber5

ha! :P

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#52 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="gamerguru100"] lol

iskeethunters

so overrated, not worth the entry fee!

One of the most complex games in history, with a playtime that can last hundreds of hours (for one playthrough) and that can be replayed in so many ways is overrated. Oh is that Call of Duty in your signature? I see.... On-topic: Apple gadgets (mainly MacBooks) Beats by Dre Call of Duty series (nothing to do with the quote above)

Lol, what does CoD have to do with anything?

iskeethunters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 iskeethunters
Member since 2011 • 925 Posts

[QUOTE="iskeethunters"][QUOTE="lostrib"]

so overrated, not worth the entry fee!

lostrib

One of the most complex games in history, with a playtime that can last hundreds of hours (for one playthrough) and that can be replayed in so many ways is overrated. Oh is that Call of Duty in your signature? I see.... On-topic: Apple gadgets (mainly MacBooks) Beats by Dre Call of Duty series (nothing to do with the quote above)

You said Skyrim is overrated and too expensive. Yet you play CoD. I can write a long comparison here, but I'll just sum it up: Skyrim was an outstanding improvement from Oblivion (which was also an amazing game). It brings a huge world filled with quests, items and people to interact with. As I've said a single playthrough can last for hundreds of hours (the longest I've heard about, with all the DLCs installed was about 1200 hours). It can be replayed many times since you can make different choices and build a totally different character: Assassin Mage, Battle Mage, Tanky Archer, pretty much every combination of perks you combine will lead to some interesting class you won't see in other games. The work bethesda put into it's development is surely worth the money. Call of Duty on the other hand has a 6-8 hour long campaign (pretty short compared to Skyrim huh) and doesn't honestly bring great improvements. It's still Call of Duty. It's better than the first Black Ops and certainly better than the Modern Warfare series (excluding MW1) but it's still overrated just like the other games were. It's multiplayer is still addictive but still broken. So if there's a game that's overpriced, it's not Skyrim. It's the entire CoD franchise.
Avatar image for deactivated-5985f1128b98f
deactivated-5985f1128b98f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 deactivated-5985f1128b98f
Member since 2007 • 1914 Posts
Government
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#55 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26098 Posts
Lego sets, videogames, milk....
Avatar image for deactivated-5985f1128b98f
deactivated-5985f1128b98f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 deactivated-5985f1128b98f
Member since 2007 • 1914 Posts
Ammunition. Ungodly what a brick of 22 costs these days.
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#57 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26098 Posts
[QUOTE="collegeboy64"]Ammunition. Ungodly what a brick of 22 costs these days.

Huh, I bet if we made them more expensive there would be less gun violence.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="iskeethunters"] One of the most complex games in history, with a playtime that can last hundreds of hours (for one playthrough) and that can be replayed in so many ways is overrated. Oh is that Call of Duty in your signature? I see.... On-topic: Apple gadgets (mainly MacBooks) Beats by Dre Call of Duty series (nothing to do with the quote above)iskeethunters

You said Skyrim is overrated and too expensive. Yet you play CoD. I can write a long comparison here, but I'll just sum it up: Skyrim was an outstanding improvement from Oblivion (which was also an amazing game). It brings a huge world filled with quests, items and people to interact with. As I've said a single playthrough can last for hundreds of hours (the longest I've heard about, with all the DLCs installed was about 1200 hours). It can be replayed many times since you can make different choices and build a totally different character: Assassin Mage, Battle Mage, Tanky Archer, pretty much every combination of perks you combine will lead to some interesting class you won't see in other games. The work bethesda put into it's development is surely worth the money. Call of Duty on the other hand has a 6-8 hour long campaign (pretty short compared to Skyrim huh) and doesn't honestly bring great improvements. It's still Call of Duty. It's better than the first Black Ops and certainly better than the Modern Warfare series (excluding MW1) but it's still overrated just like the other games were. It's multiplayer is still addictive but still broken. So if there's a game that's overpriced, it's not Skyrim. It's the entire CoD franchise.

The story in skyrim is lame, it is graphically unimpressive without mods, the combat is clunky and uninspired, and many gameplay mechanics are outright annoying or broken.  The fact that CoD may be overrated has nothing to do with whether or not Skyrim is overrated

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 lostrib

[QUOTE="collegeboy64"]Ammunition. Ungodly what a brick of 22 costs these days.Willy105
Huh, I bet if we made them more expensive there would be less gun violence.

probably not

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts

The story in skyrim is lame, it is graphically unimpressive without mods, the combat is clunky and uninspired, and many gameplay mechanics are outright annoying or broken. lostrib

All opinions, and pretty lame attempts at insults as well.

"Skyrim is lame" great, now in grade 3 we'll work on constructing coherent arguments.

lilasianwonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 lilasianwonder
Member since 2007 • 5982 Posts

NFL Jerseys.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

The story in skyrim is lame, it is graphically unimpressive without mods, the combat is clunky and uninspired, and many gameplay mechanics are outright annoying or broken. Nibroc420

"Skyrim is lame" great, now in grade 3 we'll work on constructing coherent arguments.

I specifically said the story was lame.  I didnt insult anyone

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Nibroc420

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"]

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

The story in skyrim is lame, it is graphically unimpressive without mods, the combat is clunky and uninspired, and many gameplay mechanics are outright annoying or broken. lostrib

Ahh "The story was lame", my apologies. Very insightful, my mind is blown open by your descriptive viewpoint. In return i must point out, the story in CoD was lamer than Skyrim. [spoiler] i can tell this is going to be a heated discussion [/spoiler]
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"]

Nibroc420

Ahh "The story was lame", my apologies. Very insightful, my mind is blown open by your descriptive viewpoint. In return i must point out, the story in CoD was lamer than Skyrim. [spoiler] i can tell this is going to be a heated discussion [/spoiler]

I still don't see what CoD has to do with Skyrim at all. The story in Skyrim was rather uninspired and uninteresting without any interesting characters

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Nibroc420

The story in Skyrim was rather uninspired and uninteresting without any interesting characters

lostrib

You should consider being an author.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]The story in Skyrim was rather uninspired and uninteresting without any interesting characters

Nibroc420

Technically I am, only third author so far though

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Nibroc420

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"]

[QUOTE="lostrib"]The story in Skyrim was rather uninspired and uninteresting without any interesting characters

lostrib

You're the third author?
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#68 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

videogames

blurays

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"]

Nibroc420

You're the third author?

Apparently, you do not have very much experience with science

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

Nothing is overpriced and it is impossible to be ripped off.

Everything sells for exactly what for what people value them.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Nibroc420

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"][QUOTE="lostrib"]

lostrib

You're the third author?

Apparently you're the third author. I bet i can name 10 authors who wrote things and died before you were born.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"] You're the third author?Nibroc420

Apparently you're the third author. I bet i can name 10 authors who wrote things and died before you were born.

Probably, it would be kind of sad if you couldn't.  Just use google, it's not that hard

iskeethunters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 iskeethunters

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

The story in skyrim is lame, it is graphically unimpressive without mods, the combat is clunky and uninspired, and many gameplay mechanics are outright annoying or broken. Nibroc420

Thank you kind sir. I couldn't have said it better myself.

I brought CoD into discussion since you believed Skyrim to be expensive and overrated, yet you play CoD. Out of the two, CoD is by far overrated and overpriced. I was trying to point out and explain why Skyrim is worth it's money and CoD is not. But if all you have seen in Skyrim is a "lame story", then there's nothing to be done. You have a bad taste in games. Out of curiosity, do you play CoD for the story? Because I thought everyone plays CoD for the multiplayer which is indeed addictive.
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Nibroc420

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"][QUOTE="lostrib"]

lostrib

Probably, it would be kind of sad if you couldn't.  Just use google, it's not that hard

So how can you be the third author?
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 lostrib

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"]

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

The story in skyrim is lame, it is graphically unimpressive without mods, the combat is clunky and uninspired, and many gameplay mechanics are outright annoying or broken. iskeethunters

I brought CoD into discussion since you believed Skyrim to be expensive and overrated, yet you play CoD. Out of the two, CoD is by far overrated and overpriced. I was trying to point out and explain why Skyrim is worth it's money and CoD is not. But if all you have seen in Skyrim is a "lame story", then there's nothing to be done. You have a bad taste in games. Out of curiosity, do you play CoD for the story? Because I thought everyone plays CoD for the multiplayer which is indeed addictive.

I listed quite a few other reasons for Skyrim being overrated. Just because CoD may be overrated/overpriced has nothing to do with skyrim.  

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"] Apparently you're the third author. I bet i can name 10 authors who wrote things and died before you were born.Nibroc420

So how can you be the third author?

That's how peer-reviewed articles work, they have multiple authors 

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Nibroc420

[QUOTE="iskeethunters"][QUOTE="Nibroc420"]

lostrib

I listed quite a few other reasons for Skyrim being overrated. Just because CoD may be overrated/overpriced has nothing to do with skyrim.  

lol Reasons for Skyrim being lame: Story is lame and uninteresting Characters are lame and uninteresting Combat is uninspired Rehashes same guns from the previous COD games
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="iskeethunters"]

I brought CoD into discussion since you believed Skyrim to be expensive and overrated, yet you play CoD. Out of the two, CoD is by far overrated and overpriced. I was trying to point out and explain why Skyrim is worth it's money and CoD is not. But if all you have seen in Skyrim is a "lame story", then there's nothing to be done. You have a bad taste in games. Out of curiosity, do you play CoD for the story? Because I thought everyone plays CoD for the multiplayer which is indeed addictive.Nibroc420

lol Reasons for Skyrim being lame: Story is lame and uninteresting Characters are lame and uninteresting Combat is uninspired Rehashes same guns from the previous COD games

Also, the combat is clunky

junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 junglist101
Member since 2007 • 5517 Posts

[QUOTE="junglist101"]

CELLPHONE BILLS!

iskeethunters

Really? I always believed that cellphone networks and internet are incredibly cheap. I mean I get 500 minutes + 500 texts for 5 euros. For a normal dude like me that's enough. For addicts, you could get thousands of minutes for a little over 10 euros. That's pretty cheap considering how high they were 10 years ago.

I pay about 160 us dollars for 2 phones with 550 shared minutes, unlimited mobile to mobile, unlimited texts and a 2 gig data plan.  And thats with the 25% discount I get through work so it should be over 200...I'm pretty sure that's more than 5 euros lol.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Nibroc420

[QUOTE="iskeethunters"][QUOTE="junglist101"]

CELLPHONE BILLS!

junglist101

Really? I always believed that cellphone networks and internet are incredibly cheap. I mean I get 500 minutes + 500 texts for 5 euros. For a normal dude like me that's enough. For addicts, you could get thousands of minutes for a little over 10 euros. That's pretty cheap considering how high they were 10 years ago.

I pay about 160 us dollars for 2 phones with 550 shared minutes, unlimited mobile to mobile, unlimited texts and a 2 gig data plan.  And thats with the 25% discount I get through work so it should be over 200...I'm pretty sure that's more than 5 euros lol.

Chances are you're paying off your phones, and data isn't very cheap
iskeethunters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 iskeethunters
Dude seriously. Skyrim is a masterpiece. It strength lies in it's complex world. Call of Duty is a linear game. You basically run down a tunnel and shoot everything. It reuses everything. Overall the weapons are the same, the engine is the same - the changes are minimal. Therefore the work they put in it is minimal, yet it is still 60 euros. That is overpriced, yet you think Skyrim is expensive? Skyrim is huge and beautiful. There are actually multiple story lines besides the main quest. There is so much to do and discover. It is an obvious improvement from it's predecessor yet you think it's not worth the money. Even worse, you think CoD is more deserving of it's price than Skyrim is?
iskeethunters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 iskeethunters

[QUOTE="iskeethunters"][QUOTE="junglist101"]

CELLPHONE BILLS!

junglist101

Holy cow. I guess we have cheap networks here in Europe.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e97585ea928c
deactivated-5e97585ea928c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 deactivated-5e97585ea928c
Member since 2006 • 8521 Posts
Cars, Dentistry, Housing, Textbooks, Insurance, Printer Ink, Airplane Flights.
Necrifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Necrifer
Member since 2010 • 10629 Posts

Oblivion (which was also an amazing game)

iskeethunters

ha...ha...ha

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts
shoes pants socks
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 lostrib

Dude seriously. Skyrim is a masterpiece. It strength lies in it's complex world. Call of Duty is a linear game. You basically run down a tunnel and shoot everything. It reuses everything. Overall the weapons are the same, the engine is the same - the changes are minimal. Therefore the work they put in it is minimal, yet it is still 60 euros. That is overpriced, yet you think Skyrim is expensive? Skyrim is huge and beautiful. There are actually multiple story lines besides the main quest. There is so much to do and discover. It is an obvious improvement from it's predecessor yet you think it's not worth the money. Even worse, you think CoD is more deserving of it's price than Skyrim is? iskeethunters

Never said that, not sure why you are taking such offense to this.  Skyrim is alright, but it isnt a masterpiece

iskeethunters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 iskeethunters

[QUOTE="iskeethunters"]Dude seriously. Skyrim is a masterpiece. It strength lies in it's complex world. Call of Duty is a linear game. You basically run down a tunnel and shoot everything. It reuses everything. Overall the weapons are the same, the engine is the same - the changes are minimal. Therefore the work they put in it is minimal, yet it is still 60 euros. That is overpriced, yet you think Skyrim is expensive? Skyrim is huge and beautiful. There are actually multiple story lines besides the main quest. There is so much to do and discover. It is an obvious improvement from it's predecessor yet you think it's not worth the money. Even worse, you think CoD is more deserving of it's price than Skyrim is? lostrib

Never said that, not sure why you are taking such offense to this.  Skyrim is alright, but it isnt a masterpiece

Well isn't that self implied when you post that Skyrim is the expensive one and not CoD? It's like saying Dell is overpriced while you own a Macbook.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="iskeethunters"]Dude seriously. Skyrim is a masterpiece. It strength lies in it's complex world. Call of Duty is a linear game. You basically run down a tunnel and shoot everything. It reuses everything. Overall the weapons are the same, the engine is the same - the changes are minimal. Therefore the work they put in it is minimal, yet it is still 60 euros. That is overpriced, yet you think Skyrim is expensive? Skyrim is huge and beautiful. There are actually multiple story lines besides the main quest. There is so much to do and discover. It is an obvious improvement from it's predecessor yet you think it's not worth the money. Even worse, you think CoD is more deserving of it's price than Skyrim is? iskeethunters

Well isn't that self implied when you post that Skyrim is the expensive one and not CoD? It's like saying Dell is overpriced while you own a Macbook.

Do i really need to name every overpriced/overrated game? I have stated that I own both games.  And since dell owns Alienware it could be fare to say they are over priced

Did you not read the OP? There was a reason I said skyrim

iskeethunters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 iskeethunters

lostrib

Do i really need to name every overpriced/overrated game? I have stated that I own both games.  And since dell owns Alienware it could be fare to say they are over priced

Well you have your opinion I guess. I'm just disappointed seeing that people consider a game as huge as Skyrim overpriced. As a Computer Science student that would love to work in this domain, it feels bad.
ArchDemon123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 ArchDemon123
Member since 2010 • 967 Posts

Lego

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="iskeethunters"] Well isn't that self implied when you post that Skyrim is the expensive one and not CoD? It's like saying Dell is overpriced while you own a Macbook.iskeethunters

Well you have your opinion I guess. I'm just disappointed seeing that people consider a game as huge as Skyrim overpriced. As a Computer Science student that would love to work in this domain, it feels bad.

big doesnt make it good

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#93 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts
Internet and cell phone costs. Sometimes I feel like they just make up numbers and attach them to plans.
iskeethunters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 iskeethunters

lostrib

big doesnt make it good

I was trying to end this discussion, but as you wish. Skyrim won so many awards and it has great scores from pretty much all the game reviewers. It might not match your tastes, granted, but you can't say it's not at least "good".
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="iskeethunters"] Well you have your opinion I guess. I'm just disappointed seeing that people consider a game as huge as Skyrim overpriced. As a Computer Science student that would love to work in this domain, it feels bad.iskeethunters

big doesnt make it good

I was trying to end this discussion, but as you wish. Skyrim won so many awards and it has great scores from pretty much all the game reviewers. It might not match your tastes, granted, but you can't say it's not at least "good".

Yeah, so did the movie Titanic, doesn't make it a good movie

General_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 General_X
Member since 2003 • 9137 Posts
I think diamonds and disposable razor cartridges take the cake. iPads are also a strong contender.
StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 StrifeDelivery
Member since 2006 • 1901 Posts

ITT; People getting riled up over someone who doesn't like Skyrim.

iskeethunters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 iskeethunters

big doesnt make it good

lostrib

Oh I give up. Just go on and play Call of Duty.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 lostrib

ITT; People getting riled up over someone who doesn't like Skyrim.

StrifeDelivery

The best part, it wasnt even serious

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="iskeethunters"] I was trying to end this discussion, but as you wish. Skyrim won so many awards and it has great scores from pretty much all the game reviewers. It might not match your tastes, granted, but you can't say it's not at least "good". iskeethunters

Oh I give up. Just go on and play Call of Duty.

What's wrong with that?