What is your rankings of the current Presidential canidates?

• 76 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dark__Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Dark__Link
Member since 2003 • 32653 Posts
[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="ChampionoChumps"] Ron Paul won't drop out. Hell, he has a chance of winning the nomination. For presidency though, I'm not sure since the race isn't over but if there are no libertarian leaning candidates then I will write Dr. Paul in. Also, I've seen you describe yourself as a conservative libertarian, so why would you vote Romney (who is like the Republican form of Obama but lies even more) over Paul?mingmao3046

Ron Paul has no chance of winning the nomination and if he did, the republicans would have a zero percent change of beating Obama.

he has a very good chance. he is the only one who isn't in the pockets of the banks/ MIC. anyone else is more of the same big government and endless wars

Exactly. He has no chance.
Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Being elected into presidency? Well then I would like to inform you that in the latest PPP poll of who would fare better, Paul v Obama, it was 46% to 48%, respectively. Mitt Romney didn't do much better and was the only candidate who did better than Paul.

Opposition to imperialism is not isolationism! Calling Paul an isolationist is like calling your neighbor a hermit because he doesn't come over and break your windows and steal your things. Seriously, I disagree with policing the world, but even if I did, I would not support doing it when we are bankrupt.ChampionoChumps

Romney has also come ahead of Obama in some(http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/us/general_election_romney_vs_obama-1171.html) polls. That, however, doesn't change the fact that libertarianism isn't supported widely by the American public. We are a center-right country, and some of the things Dr. Paul says are frankly unattainable. I respect him for his consistency, but I still believe(and many others do as well) Romney has the best shot at winning the presidency.

I don't advocate imperialism, but that doesn't change the fact that Dr. Paul supports isolationism. Your example doesn't represent what is actually being talked about ITT. It's perfectly fine that you disagree with me about being the world's police, but it's simply something I will not negotiate on. Also, we don't need anymore unemployed veterans. The longer we keep our troops useful, the better off we'll be. I don't agree with cuts to defense when they're paying for hundreds of thousands of people who would otherwise NOT be able to find a job.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

1. Obama

2. Paul

3. Romney

4. Gingrich

5. Santorum

Sounds like the clothespin election of '68.

scoots9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#54 scoots9
Member since 2006 • 3505 Posts

1. Ron Paul

2. Gary Johnson

3. misc. lesser known third parties and independents

4. Romney & Obama

6. Gingrich & Santorum

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23032 Posts
The only one I can see myself voting for at this point is Obama. The Republican party as a whole has lost it's collective mind.
Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#56 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

1. Obama

2) Everyone else

The republican candidates are a laughing stock- totally worthless human beings. Although Romney was a pretty good governor when he was in MA.

scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 scorch-62
Member since 2006 • 29763 Posts
ffs Romney needs to win the nomination already so that all the Ron Paul supporters on the Internet go away.chessmaster1989
Paul supporters will never go away. They just hide for a couple years.
Avatar image for deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
deactivated-59f03d6ce656b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
Member since 2009 • 2944 Posts
Buddy Roemer >> Obama> Gary Johnson=Paul > Romney >>>>>>>>>>>>Anybody else>>> Santorum/Gingrich
HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

Steven Colbert>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Romney>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gingrich>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Paul.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d25ae64ef918
deactivated-5d25ae64ef918

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 deactivated-5d25ae64ef918
Member since 2008 • 8101 Posts

1. Romney or Obama, have yet to decide
2. Romney or Obama
3. Zombie Reagan
4. Raptor Jesus
5. The Dude
6. Mickey Mouse
7. Ron Paul
8. The rest of the Republican field

chessmaster1989

This. Man Clint Eastwood, we really need to hang out.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts
1. Ron Paul 2. Ron Paul 3. Not Romney 4. Definitely Not Gingrich 5. Absolutely Not Obama
tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#62 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

1. Romney or Obama, have yet to decide
2. Romney or Obama
3. Zombie Reagan
4. Raptor Jesus
5. The Dude
6. Mickey Mouse
7. Ron Paul
8. The rest of the Republican field

chessmaster1989

I think I'll go with this list....:P

genfactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#63 genfactor
Member since 2004 • 1472 Posts
1. Obama 2. Colbert/ Cain 3. Romer 4. Johnson 5. Paul 6. Santorum 7. Romney 8. Gingrich Unfortunately, Huntsman was the last qualified candidate the GOP had. Hopefully he runs as an "Americans elect" candidate. That way, even if Obama loses, the country would still be in somewhat competent hands.
fidosim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#64 fidosim
Member since 2003 • 12901 Posts
1. Romney 2. Santorum 3. Obama 4. Gingrich 5. Paul
GeoffZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#65 GeoffZak
Member since 2007 • 3715 Posts

I think Mitt Romney is my pick. It looks like he's gonna get the nomination.

For the last election it was Rudy Giuliani, but he flew under the radar for some reason. Unfortunately he's not trying again.

I really don't like Ron Paul anymore. I used to respect him. But after he said Osama deserved a trial, he lost my support.

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#66 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts

1. Romney
2. Obama
3. Paul
4. Gingrich
5. ....
6. ....
7. ....
8. Santorum

mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 mingmao3046
Member since 2011 • 2683 Posts
[QUOTE="genfactor"]1. Obama 2. Colbert/ Cain 3. Romer 4. Johnson 5. Paul 6. Santorum 7. Romney 8. Gingrich Unfortunately, Huntsman was the last qualified candidate the GOP had. Hopefully he runs as an "Americans elect" candidate. That way, even if Obama loses, the country would still be in somewhat competent hands.

what exactly do you like about huntsman...?... mind=blown at how anyone can still support obama. not only are his policies terrible (increase spending and debt when we are in trillions of debt) but he blatantly lied during his campain in 08
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts
[QUOTE="mingmao3046"][QUOTE="genfactor"]1. Obama 2. Colbert/ Cain 3. Romer 4. Johnson 5. Paul 6. Santorum 7. Romney 8. Gingrich Unfortunately, Huntsman was the last qualified candidate the GOP had. Hopefully he runs as an "Americans elect" candidate. That way, even if Obama loses, the country would still be in somewhat competent hands.

what exactly do you like about huntsman...?... mind=blown at how anyone can still support obama. not only are his policies terrible (increase spending and debt when we are in trillions of debt) but he blatantly lied during his campain in 08

Obama has kept 162 promises while only breaking 56 thus far.
mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 mingmao3046
Member since 2011 • 2683 Posts

1. Romney
2. Obama
3. Paul
4. Gingrich
5. ....
6. ....
7. ....
8. Santorum

GamerForca

what do you like about romney? besides taxes/healthcare, he is essentially the same as obama

MystikFollower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 MystikFollower
Member since 2009 • 4061 Posts

[QUOTE="the9thinning"]

Mine are:

1. Ron Paul

2. Gary Johnson

3. Mitt Romney

4. Barack Obama/Rick Santorum/Newt Gingrich (if it came down to one of these canidates I would stop caring who won)

anyways just curious to seeeveryone elses rankings

needled24-7

who the f*ck is gary johnson

This guy.

SilentFireX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 SilentFireX
Member since 2005 • 1956 Posts
Ron Paul 2012. He's the only one I could vote for in good conscience.
Avatar image for ChampionoChumps
ChampionoChumps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 ChampionoChumps
Member since 2008 • 2381 Posts
[QUOTE="airshocker"] [QUOTE="ChampionoChumps"]Being elected into presidency? Well then I would like to inform you that in the latest PPP poll of who would fare better, Paul v Obama, it was 46% to 48%, respectively. Mitt Romney didn't do much better and was the only candidate who did better than Paul. Opposition to imperialism is not isolationism! Calling Paul an isolationist is like calling your neighbor a hermit because he doesn't come over and break your windows and steal your things. Seriously, I disagree with policing the world, but even if I did, I would not support doing it when we are bankrupt.

Romney has also come ahead of Obama in some(http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/us/general_election_romney_vs_obama-1171.html) polls. That, however, doesn't change the fact that libertarianism isn't supported widely by the American public. We are a center-right country, and some of the things Dr. Paul says are frankly unattainable. I respect him for his consistency, but I still believe(and many others do as well) Romney has the best shot at winning the presidency. I don't advocate imperialism, but that doesn't change the fact that Dr. Paul supports isolationism. Your example doesn't represent what is actually being talked about ITT. It's perfectly fine that you disagree with me about being the world's police, but it's simply something I will not negotiate on. Also, we don't need anymore unemployed veterans. The longer we keep our troops useful, the better off we'll be. I don't agree with cuts to defense when they're paying for hundreds of thousands of people who would otherwise NOT be able to find a job.

Yes, I said that in my post. I am a libertarian so I will vote for Ron Paul and I hope he wins. If you are a conservative libertarian I don't understand why you wouldn't vote for Ron Paul. I don't think you know what the term isolationism means or you don't know Paul's foreign policy. It's one or the other. Also Paul's foreign policy plan will increase jobs for the military but at home.
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#73 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

Who the fuk is anti-poker :lol:

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

Ilovegames1992

You would be surprised at the amount of anti-gambling legislation.

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#75 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

coolbeans90

You would be surprised at the amount of anti-gambling legislation.

Ah ok. Still thats mental.

genfactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#76 genfactor
Member since 2004 • 1472 Posts
[QUOTE="mingmao3046"][QUOTE="genfactor"]1. Obama 2. Colbert/ Cain 3. Romer 4. Johnson 5. Paul 6. Santorum 7. Romney 8. Gingrich Unfortunately, Huntsman was the last qualified candidate the GOP had. Hopefully he runs as an "Americans elect" candidate. That way, even if Obama loses, the country would still be in somewhat competent hands.

When he was governor of Utah he produced measurable success leaving the state in better shape than when he found it, he puts country ahead of party, he seems trust worthy, as ambasador to China he showed an ability to work with other countries, he seems consistant instead of changing positions just to get elected and he's worked for several American Presidents seeing how the job is done not from the pundit's seat but first hand. I don't like his political views but he seems to have good character and a genuine love for his country. I don't know what's said about Obama on FOX news or on talk radio but I think the reality of his record speaks for it's self. When he took office we were losing more than 700,000 jobs a month, as of today we've had 22 straight months of private sector job growth. Just like we had debt during the depression and during WW2, the government still spent money until we recovered. We repaid the debt after we recovered and reached strong economic ground, not when we were weak and our citizens needed the help of their government the most. Maybe you're talking about something else but I don't think avoiding a depression, saving the auto industry, creating more jobs in 2 years than were created during the previous 9, and increasing manufacturing jobs for the first time in 5 years to be a failure. I don't know what lies you're talking about but like every president before him, there were campaign promisses for one reason or another that just could not be kept. However, I would suggest that his record of prommises kept is better than most presidents.