What is your preferred mode of transportation?

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8770 Posts

I used to love riding my motorcycle. Sold it when I moved from elsewhere. Used to be pretty fit. Don't know how I'd fair on one now. I have a Honda hybrid now.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

I don't use it for transportation but for leisure but I love to pilot single-engine aircraft. Been thinking of getting my multi-engine endorsement so I can go trans-oceanic, but things are a bit too busy right now.

saviclea11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 saviclea11
Member since 2022 • 4 Posts

Bicycle is the best, no need to worry about parking or traffic!

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2407 Posts

@saviclea11 said:

Bicycle is the best, no need to worry about parking or traffic!

Do you live in some bicycle utopia? Because I have to deal with traffic on mine all the time. Frequently cutting me off too. God damn, I hate cars. All that noise, all that space wasted to accommodate them (huge parking lots, wide roads, garages), the planet being ruined.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

It depends on the distance but I think trains are the best. They're not crowded with standing passengers like a subway and you can just enjoy the comfort of your seat while gazing at the view. There's something very attractive about travelling by train.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

Driving car. I don't know how to ride a bicycle or a motorbike - but both are good options if I knew how to use them.

I despise taking any other form of transport like trains, trams, buses, taxis. I rather have my own personal space than sharing with strangers and seeing dodgy people.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38676 Posts

it depends on how far i'm going.

living in the suburbs with kids its 99% car though. i'm not going to bike 8 miles every other day in the winter to pick up groceries.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By osan0
Member since 2004 • 17812 Posts

Walking. Luckily i live in a small town where everything i need is in walking distance. Shops, Work, pubs etc. all around 20 mins away on foot. No need to drive/use public transport.

VagrantSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 VagrantSnow
Member since 2018 • 645 Posts

Bus for short journeys. Train for long ones. We have good public transportation here so it's nice to have someone else drive me about and the driver doesn't try to talk to you like in a Taxi.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

Walking.

I love to just stroll around. I love to just step out of my house on my day off and stroll downtown, walk past stores, maybe stop somewhere for lunch and get a beer and just sit there.

I think it appeals to my primitive side, where we used to be hunter-gatherers and just walked everywhere, grabbing what we needed and then moving on, never staying in one place long enough to make a huge impact. If your town is under construction or a really happening place, it's cool to see what new stuff is opening up.

Unfortunately I am so out of shape and big at the moment it's quite difficult to do so without getting all hot and sweaty, even though I walk about 10-15k steps every day at work.

Driving is pretty great, too. I love driving. I don't mind being the guy in the group that drives people, I don't drink much these days.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Vehicles. Riding bike/walking aren't an option for me to get to work or to go shopping.

fenriz275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 fenriz275
Member since 2003 • 2383 Posts

I prefer anything were I don't have to drive myself but since that's usually not an option it's my truck.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@johnd13 said:

It depends on the distance but I think trains are the best. They're not crowded with standing passengers like a subway and you can just enjoy the comfort of your seat while gazing at the view. There's something very attractive about travelling by train.

I completely agree.

I just made a cross country trip by train from San Francisco to Philly. I had a roomette for two days, a room for one, and business class the rest of the way. Traveling by train is very relaxing.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#15 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Walking for me, when I can. I find it therapeutic. I can really be content, in the moment and observe my thoughts.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

Motorbike, with the exception everyone else in bigger vehicles constantly driving careless trying to kill you.

Pre-Covid I loved the bus and light rail. Get on and relax and read a book or play my DS until I get where I need to go.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34601 Posts

Legs.

Avatar image for PfizersaurusRex
PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 PfizersaurusRex
Member since 2012 • 1503 Posts

I commute on bicycle all year, even in winter. Keeps me in shape. My city is perfect for cycling, it's flat, not too big and all major streets have bicycle lanes. The people, tho...

OphelFromHell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 OphelFromHell
Member since 2022 • 53 Posts

Walking.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Warm_Gun

Just figured out the 8 1/2 mile bike ride to the remote warehouse I'm gonna work at four days a week, by riding it. There's a bike path around an airport. Dreaded the thought of the place being cut off from walkers and cyclists. Will probably quit in the snowiest months and then apply again in the spring, if they don't clear the snow there. Would rather do that than be one of those people always complaining about rising gas prices and car repair costs. Unless it's as bad a place to work as the news makes it seem. Was really easy to apply. Anyway, **** American city planning and zoning laws. Cities should be designed for people, not cars.

gmak2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 gmak2442
Member since 2015 • 1089 Posts

I dream of the Star Trek teleportation.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Warm_Gun

@gmak2442 said:

I dream of the Star Trek teleportation.

Wasn't there an episode in one of the series where it was discovered that the old self is destroyed and the new is just a copy and not you?