What is your favorite type of cuisine?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

qx0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By qx0d
Member since 2018 • 333 Posts

My favorite cuisine is probably the spicy type. Italian, Middle Eastern, etc. I also went to a Greek restaurant before and the food was exceptional. I've been to many restaurants, but the Greek one was something special. I had some lamb and squid at the Greek restaurant and it was really good. The salad there was very good.

As far as American fast food or restaurants, I would say Burger King or Five Guys is my favorite. I never particularly liked Mcdonald's much. Denny's is okay, but not my favorite. Chinese food isn't my favorite neither. Seafood is excellent. Seafood or spicy food is probably my favorite.

What is your favorite type of cuisine?

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3481 Posts

Chinese or Italian. Can't beat it :P

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Jackamomo
Member since 2017 • 2157 Posts

I would say Malaysian. Not that there are many places to buy it and I don't know that many recipes but it's a good balance of carbohydrates and spice. Not too glutenous like italian food and meat is cooked lean without too much fat.

It's a bit like Chinese I suppose but a bit lighter so you can eat more and the flavouring is quite subtle.

Also like Moroccan food.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#4 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts

Italian. I have a lifelong love for pasta. When I go into the city, Italian is always my first choice for lunch. I just never tire or get bored of it.

Fast food? Ramen. Miso ramen, gyoza, takoyaki, green tea. Every time.

NukleaWorfair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#5 NukleaWorfair
Member since 2009 • 475 Posts

If I'm making food myself, then Italian food. Because it's so easy, and I make nice dishes. But I never go in Italian restaurants because they seem way over priced and I feel like I can make them better. Especially Pizza places.

If I was eating out, I'd go to them all you can eat places with all the cuisines. Somewhere like Cosmos in the UK. My first picks there are normally Chinese and Indian foods.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7255 Posts

Can't beat a good Italian restaurant a good Bolognese or traditional Italian Pizza.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Hard to say what is my "favorite cuisine" , I love tacos ! but that doesn't mean my favorite cuisine is Mexican.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

Mexican, I love spicy food.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Any combination of Korean, Chinese, Japanese and Boston Market cuisine. For example, steamed rice and kimchi with meat loaf. ;)

Here are also examples of home cooking in our family which combine food from different cuisines.

ArmoredCore55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ArmoredCore55
Member since 2005 • 24942 Posts

I like Italian and American foods most. I like stuff like pizza, macaroni n cheese, chicken nuggets/tenders, lasagna, fish sticks, green beans, corn, carrots, cheese curds, hamburger helper, garlic bread, spaghetti, pancakes, sausage, bacon, bratwurst, ham, turkey, etc.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58393 Posts

Ooooooooh tough choice. French is good, nothing like a steak and fries. And their pastries! YUM! Ham and butter sandwich, so good, on fresh crackling outside-soft inside bread. OM NOM NOM!

But Italian is probably my favorite, all-inclusive cuisine. I love how they eat, too, what with the primi, secondi, insalata, mista, and so on. I love having my meal come in waves, so much better than just sitting there with a plate and four things on it. Proper Italian pizza is also great, with it's crispy-chewy crust, light applications of cheese and sauce, and generally high-class flavors.

I'm a sucker for Vietnamese, too. Thai is also good. I love the "clean" tasting asian stuff, the ones that use lime and basil and garlic and stuff like that. Much better than the heavier Chinese and Korean.

Oh and ramen! I think it's a food class of its own for sure! Could live on ramen alone.

@jun_aka_pekto: damn dude, that is a spread! Looks fantastic, nice combinations of food you got there. You guys make your own kim chi? Looks homemade.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
@mrbojangles25 said:

damn dude, that is a spread! Looks fantastic, nice combinations of food you got there. You guys make your own kim chi? Looks homemade.

My family can't stand the stench of kimchi. I'm the only one at home who eats it. I buy a jar of it from the Asian store.

Personally, I think the wife's cooking at home is better than going out to eat. We might eat out once or twice a month. But, the impact of eating out isn't really that appealing when it comes to the food.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d8cc56f960a5
deactivated-5d8cc56f960a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5d8cc56f960a5
Member since 2018 • 557 Posts

Continental

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58393 Posts

@jun_aka_pekto said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

damn dude, that is a spread! Looks fantastic, nice combinations of food you got there. You guys make your own kim chi? Looks homemade.

...Personally, I think the wife's cooking at home is better than going out to eat. We might eat out once or twice a month. But, the impact of eating out isn't really that appealing when it comes to the food.

I'm the same way with my family. Between my mom and myself (and now my sister, who turned out to be a good cook), we have a lot of talent in our family. I was a chef for 10+ years as well.

Generally when I go out to restaurants, well...I won't say I am disappointed, but I definitely ask myself "why am I paying for this when I can make better at home?"

Ambiance, I guess? Being waited on?

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

My top 4 are swiss, italian, japanese and mexican

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jun_aka_pekto
@mrbojangles25 said:

I'm the same way with my family. Between my mom and myself (and now my sister, who turned out to be a good cook), we have a lot of talent in our family. I was a chef for 10+ years as well.

Generally when I go out to restaurants, well...I won't say I am disappointed, but I definitely ask myself "why am I paying for this when I can make better at home?"

Ambiance, I guess? Being waited on?

We limit eating out to specialty establishments we don't have a home equivalent for, such as the Miss Saigon restaurant. Obviously, it offers Vietnamese cuisine. Once in a while, we'll go to Texas Roadhouse or The Cheesecake Factory if we're already at a mall.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#17 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Mediterranean in general.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7255 Posts

Korean BBQ hasgone on my radar as well recently.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

Coffee.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#20 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6098 Posts

Fast food,restaurants such as McDonalds,Five Guys,A&W,etc …. I really love Canadian/Quebec fast food chain restaurants,especially Quebec hot dog and hamburger joints. Can't beat a poutine from Quebec with cheese curds and thick brown gravy with home fries. Food just tastes much better in Quebec.

GamingNavak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By GamingNavak
Member since 2018 • 5 Posts

@qx0d: NIce thing

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6851 Posts

Southern style BBQ with all the fixings (mac'n'cheese, baked beans).

Avatar image for yellowducky2018
yellowducky2018

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 yellowducky2018
Member since 2018 • 45 Posts

MCdonals always also URBAN KITCHEN I love goats cheese salad :P

360ru13r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 360ru13r
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts

Mexican and or American Bar Food. There is a great and amazing simplicity and favor profile that just satisfy me all the time. Other types I enjoy Italian and Thai food.

Sideer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Sideer
Member since 2018 • 29 Posts

Mediterranean food are the best and one of the healthiest in the world, and I like asian food as weel :)

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 2081 Posts

Korean and Mexican is my favorite. I'm Lebanese and have grown tired to Lebanese food, but all my friends love it.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38683 Posts

day to day italian is my favorite but for special occasions or high end french pretty much crushes everything

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

Necro bump.

-Byshop