What is your dream job?

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8772 Posts

Mine is a librarian or bookseller.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Astronaut or movie/game director/creator. If I can’t be in space, let me realize my creative visions.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e171d7dbd091
deactivated-5e171d7dbd091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By deactivated-5e171d7dbd091
Member since 2018 • 284 Posts

My dream job is to be the best girl stripper in a good quality night club. No, I'm dead ass serious, I wanna be the best girl stripper.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Reviewing Marijuana strains.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#6  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

Colonist on another world. The Moon or Mars or something.

Simple life, high tech, get to see space and shit. Plus, I am so ready to get the Hell off this idiot rock.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

@madrocketeer said:

Simple life, high tech, get to see space and shit. Plus, I am so ready to get the Hell off this idiot rock.

Honestly, I be okay if we can live on a colonist space station orbiting around the moon or another near planet will do nicely and terraforming a planet can take years. Space station colony will do nicely so we can leave our birth planet behind.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58304 Posts

Food and/or travel writer. Anthony Bourdain essentially had my dream job. Hell, any of the people that write for Cook's Illustrated, Bon Appetit, or cookbooks have my dream job.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts
@madrocketeer said:

Loading Video...

colonizing mars would likely be fucking awful.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

Game creator, I think I have great creativity to become a really good game maker. The problem is it takes years to build it up but creativity takes just mere seconds.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#11 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

Don't want to do anything special,just hold a regular job and make ends meet.I really have the smarts to be anything important. The job I have now is meat clerk but I'm ok with that. I just want to be happy at what I do,I'm not complicated.

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 2078 Posts

I want to work at Mc Donalds.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#13  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Anything that makes me feel like I am making this world a little bit better for people. You know, so that I'm worth something. That's surprisingly tough to do. 1 out of 3 employees say they're not helping society whatsoever with their job. And you can have good intentions, but that doesn't mean the people you work for are happy with you or with your work.

I just don't know what I should go for at this time. But I love reading about other people's dreams because that inspires me. I think I tend to over-complicate things. It's important to have a goal in life, and it doesn't even matter that much whether it's achievable. But you need to have something to strife for, to keep you going. It's just tough to come up with something. I never really think about 'fun'.

I guess if I were good at it, I would like to make games. Because I view them as a bridge between reality and dreams. I would love to allow people to live their dreams in my games.

Then again, I would love to do just about anything I guess, if only I were convinced that I was good at it. Like writing a story. Or create fantasy paintings. Or doing sociological research. If I wasn't so insecure, I would want to travel a lot. I at least want to see Austria some day, maybe Japan. Maybe start a kind of cozy hotel in Austria.

Oh maybe I would like to design and run Escape Rooms.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Pathology.

I find diseases to be intriguing and the medicine created to treat or cure those diseases. I also get to help people in the process and that makes me happy.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

I work in my dream industry, I just haven't reached my dream position within my industry. I'm currently an Operations Manager and will move into an Engineering Management position in 3 weeks. I work for a major semiconductor company.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

I want to own a coffee shop at a small town that have a fantastic white sand beach.... I need a vacation.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I already have it.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DaVillain  Moderator

@foxhound_fox: Man, whenever I see you taking pics, it makes me wanna go Truck driving for a new career.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58304 Posts

@davillain- said:

@foxhound_fox: Man, whenever I see you taking pics, it makes me wanna go Truck driving for a new career.

Right?! Me too.

sanghelle56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sanghelle56
Member since 2017 • 499 Posts

Mine is to work for Blur Studios as an animator.

Blur is the company behind Love Death + Robots and the special effects in more recent ultra violent sci-fi sweetness. Deadpool 1, the new Terminator, and so on.

I have zero experience in 3D art, and I'm doing what I can to make the money for an Unreal Engine compatible laptop. They are NOT cheap. Still, Blur likes to see what folk are capable of, with portfolios. Better to learn sooner than later.

sanghelle56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 sanghelle56
Member since 2017 • 499 Posts

@DEVILinIRON: I currently work as a page rank librarian. It's cool getting to guide patrons and shelve books, there's some downsides to it though. Have you been more leaning toward Book Seller?

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DEVILinIRON

@sanghelle56 said:

@DEVILinIRON: I currently work as a page rank librarian. It's cool getting to guide patrons and shelve books, there's some downsides to it though. Have you been more leaning toward Book Seller?

Wow, that's awesome! I'm not holding out for either of those careers. There is only one bookstore in town. So if a job became available, there would be a lot of competition for its vacancy.

Competition is fierce to become a librarian too. I've been volunteering at my county library, so I know somewhat how things work there. Volunteering is a way to possibly get a job. But there are people who have been waiting 5+years for a vacancy to open. I don't like waiting for people to die so I can get their job.

So, yeah. I'd love to work those jobs. But can't hope too much. What are the downsides to being a page? My library wouldn't hire me to be a page because apparently they only hire high school kids for that position. :-(

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By comp_atkins

no work is the dream. passive income that is sufficient to sustain a decent lifestyle and allow my to simply pursue interests at my own pace.

until then, i'll build computers.

gamespot4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 gamespot4life
Member since 2007 • 1301 Posts

@evil_loli: I'll throw a few dollas ya way. long as you got some booty.

gamespot4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 gamespot4life
Member since 2007 • 1301 Posts

@madrocketeer: I'm with you. let me know when they start taking applications...

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

One where I get to do projects in the following categories:

• CNC Machining
  • Electronics & Automation
  • Programming
  • Mechanical Design
  • IT Systems Admin

Oh. Well I guess my dream job would be the job I have now, only making 3X as much salary.

Honestly if I retired, I'd still do this stuff for fun.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e171d7dbd091
deactivated-5e171d7dbd091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5e171d7dbd091
Member since 2018 • 284 Posts

@gamespot4life said:

@evil_loli: I'll throw a few dollas ya way. long as you got some booty.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By foxhound_fox

@davillain- said:

I don't mean to bump the thread (plus, do we still do 56k warnings?), but I haven't been online for a while. I just went up to Whitehorse in Yukon Territory this week.

Best drive I've ever had.

Coming into BC on Highway 16 through Jasper Provincial Park in Alberta:

Heading north of Prince George, BC on Highway 97:

North of Fort St. John, BC through Summit Pass and Muncho Lake:

Coming back out through the Yukon and Summit Pass area was even better.

Yukon

YT border to Fort Nelson, BC

The reason why I took all these pictures, outside of the fact that it was gorgeous driving weather at the time of year when all the colours are changing, was because of the fact so few people travel the Alaska highway up through BC and into YT. Pretty much just truckers moving freight between Alaska and the rest of Canada, the locals and the people brave enough to take RV's up there. And very few people take any pictures of any of it (or good ones at least).

I got into trucking for these experiences, they make the being away from home all worth it. I stopped at a pullout at Muncho Lake and just sat on a log beside the lake for a good 20 minutes taking it all in. Aside from the few cars and trucks passing, and the water lapping at the shore and the couple birds in the trees, it was perfectly silent. I could see myself wanting to one day live in a place like that, even though my tinnitus would drive me insane.

Absolutely stunning landscape that from what I hear pretty much becomes driving hell in the next couple months, but damn, I'll come back any time between May and September (non-chain season). The views alone are worth it.

But don't get involved in trucking if you don't love driving, because most of the time, the driving is really boring and nothing like this.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DEVILinIRON

@foxhound_fox: Beautiful...!

PETERAKO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 PETERAKO
Member since 2007 • 2579 Posts

@DEVILinIRON: one course of pilot please.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DaVillain  Moderator

@foxhound_fox: Thanks for sharing the pics Fox. I also love driving myself and never get bored despite I'll drive the same place everyday.

Back on topic: For me, I already have my dream job and that's being a Nurse Practitioner. I enjoy helping sick patients as much as I can and most of my family line works in a health field, you could say I like to keep the family's tradition but really, it's something I wanted to do, not because of family tradition.

I am looking to do other stuff but for now, I like being a Nurse Practitioner.

Avatar image for deactivated-5de67c4d9cb12
deactivated-5de67c4d9cb12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5de67c4d9cb12
Member since 2019 • 392 Posts
@foxhound_fox said:

You're fortunate that you're trucking in nice places. The most interesting thing to see while driving here in New Brunswick is an assortment of trees.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 foxhound_fox

@davillain- said:

@foxhound_fox: Thanks for sharing the pics Fox. I also love driving myself and never get bored despite I'll drive the same place everyday.

Back on topic: For me, I already have my dream job and that's being a Nurse Practitioner. I enjoy helping sick patients as much as I can and most of my family line works in a health field, you could say I like to keep the family's tradition but really, it's something I wanted to do, not because of family tradition.

I am looking to do other stuff but for now, I like being a Nurse Practitioner.

Always do what you love for work. And that's the thing about trucking, if you like/love driving, but not enough to do it for 11-13 hours a day 5-6 days a week, trucking might ruin driving for you.

I *love* trucking, outside of the people in my life, it's why I get up every morning.

@volsung said:
@foxhound_fox said:

You're fortunate that you're trucking in nice places. The most interesting thing to see while driving here in New Brunswick is an assortment of trees.

I wouldn't mind heading out that way someday. The great thing about trucking is I get to essentially take a paid vacation every week, I just can't always stop at all the touristy places.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#35 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

@foxhound_fox awesome pics man, I've done that drive a couple of times and I absolutely love it. I even tried fishing in Muncho Lake without success

I realise you are probably limited about where you can go when on the job, but I highly recommend going even further north up past Dawson and up the Dempster highway, even fewer people than south of Whitehorse and some pretty amazing landscapes. You can drive all the way past the Arctic Circle into the North West Territories, though its un-paved. there is a awesome little motel/truck stop called "eagle plains" we stayed at, where our waitress was from a small town on the north coast of Canada and said she had to move because a polar bear kept coming to their house and bothering them

in BC, going down highway 37 with an excursion up the Stewart-Cassiar highway is also worthwhile for some epic glaciers that come right down to the road.

I can definitely see the appeal of trucking if you get to drive in those kinds of areas.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 foxhound_fox

@with_teeth26 said:

@foxhound_fox awesome pics man, I've done that drive a couple of times and I absolutely love it. I even tried fishing in Muncho Lake without success

I realise you are probably limited about where you can go when on the job, but I highly recommend going even further north up past Dawson and up the Dempster highway, even fewer people than south of Whitehorse and some pretty amazing landscapes. You can drive all the way past the Arctic Circle into the North West Territories, though its un-paved. there is a awesome little motel/truck stop called "eagle plains" we stayed at, where our waitress was from a small town on the north coast of Canada and said she had to move because a polar bear kept coming to their house and bothering them

in BC, going down highway 37 with an excursion up the Stewart-Cassiar highway is also worthwhile for some epic glaciers that come right down to the road.

I can definitely see the appeal of trucking if you get to drive in those kinds of areas.

That's incredible!

Yeah, the original plan was to take the BC-37, but with the forecasted snow (and this being my second trip to BC) both I and my boss thought that would have been a bad decision just in case something happened. I heard from an online trucking friend that it's even more desolate than the Alaska highway and much fewer places to stop or cell service.

I don't regret taking the 97 from Prince George, it was one incredible drive as well, and I told my boss that any time a trip up there comes up again, I'll take it. Even the winter weather isn't scaring me anymore (it still unsettles me to see it, but with last winter's experiences, I feel like I've developed enough skills to handle most situations safely and sensibly).

I came down out of the mountains into the prairies and it almost felt more boring than when I left. Something about driving a truck through the mountains, and that added challenge of steep grades and sharp curves make it all that much more rewarding.

And honestly, I used to be terrified of the idea of driving on grades with chains, but now would likely welcome the challenge. I just wouldn't do it with an automatic truck.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 with_teeth26

@foxhound_fox as someone who does quite a bit of winter driving in BC I can definitely see why it would be unnerving for truckers. I mostly do it for skiing which means I often venture onto roads the day after big snowfalls and often see trucks tipped over in places they definitely shouldn't be.

Heck, there is even a reality TV show mostly dedicated to Highway 5/Coquihalla winter driving disasters and its currently on its 8th season!

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 foxhound_fox

@with_teeth26 said:

@foxhound_fox as someone who does quite a bit of winter driving in BC I can definitely see why it would be unnerving for truckers. I mostly do it for skiing which means I often venture onto roads the day after big snowfalls and often see trucks tipped over in places they definitely shouldn't be.

Heck, there is even a reality TV show mostly dedicated to Highway 5/Coquihalla winter driving disasters and its currently on its 8th season!

I love Highway Thru Hell! Jamie Davis strikes me as a little bit of an ass but a lot of others on his crew are really cool people.

I won't comment about why there's so many issues with truck drivers putting trucks where they shouldn't be.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 with_teeth26
@foxhound_fox said:
@with_teeth26 said:

I love Highway Thru Hell! Jamie Davis strikes me as a little bit of an ass but a lot of others on his crew are really cool people.

I won't comment about why there's so many issues with truck drivers putting trucks where they shouldn't be.

by "trucks being where they shouldn't" i didn't meant parked illegally, I meant tipped over in the ditch because they lost control

poor wording on my part lol

I haven't seen that much of the show but I've found it pretty interesting the few times I have

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 foxhound_fox

@with_teeth26 said:

by "trucks being where they shouldn't" i didn't meant parked illegally, I meant tipped over in the ditch because they lost control

poor wording on my part lol

I haven't seen that much of the show but I've found it pretty interesting the few times I have

Haha, no, I meant in the ditch too. LOL

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

@comp_atkins said:
@madrocketeer said:

Loading Video...

FINALLY someone other than myself points out how fucking stupid colonizing Mars would be. Whenever I point out how awful Mars is, people act like I'm holding back science. The ideal worlds aren't in this solar system. We should try instead to analyze extrasolar planets, which I realize is a long way off.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 comp_atkins
@ezekiel43 said:
@comp_atkins said:
@madrocketeer said:

Loading Video...

FINALLY someone other than myself points out how fucking stupid colonizing Mars would be. Whenever I point out how awful Mars is, people act like I'm holding back science. The ideal worlds aren't in this solar system. We should try instead to analyze extrasolar planets, which I realize is a long way off.

i'm not really against it per se. just want to point out that it would SUCK to be the person who is actually there at the start, assuming they survive.

call me when they get a hilton.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@foxhound_fox: those are beautiful shots Fox, and that's great that you've found a job you really love. I'm in Pennsylvania, lots of truckers around here on the highways, and they're some of the friendliest drivers around. I imagine this could be difficult career on families though.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 foxhound_fox

@MirkoS77 said:

@foxhound_fox: those are beautiful shots Fox, and that's great that you've found a job you really love. I'm in Pennsylvania, lots of truckers around here on the highways, and they're some of the friendliest drivers around. I imagine this could be difficult career on families though.

It can be. I'm lucky I get home for resets (every 5-7 days), lots of US OTR drivers stay out for months at a time, and a large number of them, not by choice.

DaisySimpson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 DaisySimpson
Member since 2019 • 1 Posts

I want to be a writer.

ycdeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#47 ycdeo
Member since 2004 • 2841 Posts

being an high ranking army officer.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#48 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts

Retired.

ninjahatori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ninjahatori
Member since 2019 • 1 Posts

Now I am HR At Mesta Inc. I want to become MD of Mesta Inc. it is a leading manufacturer company of long radius pipe bend.

https://www.mestainc.net

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#50 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

Business. I hate working under a boss. i want to be a boss of my small organization rather than being a employee of big corportaion aka a slave.