What is your current status financially?

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 6550 Posts

Currently saving, broke, living paycheck to paycheck? How are things going for you financially?

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 4964 Posts

I’m pay to pay living alone with hardly any family and no support at all. It is what it is.

KazumaKiryu21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 KazumaKiryu21
Member since 2021 • 537 Posts

I'm in bad shape.

rmiller365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 rmiller365
Member since 2010 • 1090 Posts

I have some savings, and I was quick enough to buy my house during the pandemic before the housing market got REAL bad. Still, most of my paycheck gets spent on groceries, mortgage, electric, internet, cell phone ect so I'm pretty much paying check to paycheck. I did the math and assuming we don't have another financial fallout like the last 2 in the past 2 decades, I may get to retire when I'm 76.. So much to look forward to...

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 3174 Posts

i have money. but if i cant get a job by middle of next year. will be broke.

not many high paying job in my current city.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 37192 Posts

10.5 years of net worth tracking on mint. heading in right direction.

not quite yet

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Sancho_Panzer  Online
Member since 2015 • 1782 Posts

Rough. Waiting on citizenship confirmation to get more stable employment. Fortunately that should be any day now.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 50220 Posts

Pretty good. I'm single, no kids, no pets, no debt.

Don't make a lot of money and I live in California (so I have to rent...groan), but otherwise I'm saving a lot of money. I've got my ROTH IRA or whatever through work that get's 14% of my paycheck (4% employer, 10% me) and a separate account with Schwab that is doing very well.

Poarstman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Poarstman
Member since 2013 • 172 Posts

Well to be somewhat honest I'd say I'm roughing it just by using only 20 percent of the actual income I get on a bi weekly basis "Not to count the money I recieve from social security"to pay for my bills and allocating the remaining portions of that through my 3 Brokerage account. I'm kind of poor but yeah i'm Getting by... I don't really plan on retiring to be honest that's for the old and the weak

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6617 Posts

Saved up a bit by living with my parents; I have enough to buy a condo, but condos suck compared to houses.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 125309 Posts

Doing OK. Saving money for my own place.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#13 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14098 Posts

Rich beyond my wildest imagination.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6110 Posts

Nearing retirement. 1%er. Have more money than I know what to do with. I will leave more than $10 million but less than $100 million to my daughter. I will leave an endowment to a hospital in my name and the doctor's name who saved me a number of years ago. I will also leave an endowment in my daughter's name to a major university. In the meantime, my wife and I are shopping for locations and property in the Mediterranean...because snow sucks.

I have been blessed by pretty good fortune and through the reasonable choices I made. I grew up lower middle class and chose my own path supported by excellent parents and sound values. I am not naive though. I have met a great number of fantastic and talented people that haven't done as well economically. I have met a lot of poor people that cannot get ahead despite all their efforts. And I have met a lot of deadbeats at my economic class that inherited, lucked/stumbled into something lucrative, or who are downright manipulative and dirty scumbags. There are of course plenty of people in my economic strata that are also good people as well.

The point I am making is don't over value money. There are things I regret and no amount of money can overcome that. Be clear with what is important to you and focus on that. I lost a friend years ago who jumped out a window because of money. Don't be that person, whether you are rich or poor.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 46972 Posts

The money I make is very stable where I'm at now and pays the bill easily despite I have 2 daughters, I'm not financially hurt but I do have bad habits of overspending stuff I don't need such as buying too many games despite they're mostly on sales.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#16 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 2944 Posts

I’ve got some money but wouldn’t say I’m doing great.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 horgen  Moderator

@davillain- said:

The money I make is very stable where I'm at now and pays the bill easily despite I have 2 daughters, I'm not financially hurt but I do have bad habits of overspending stuff I don't need such as buying too many games despite they're mostly on sales.

Is it possible to check on Steam how many games you actually have played of those you bought?

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 46972 Posts

@horgen: Not that I'm aware of, I just write a list of what I bought and haven't played yet on a game I get through sales from Steam, GoG, EGS, etc clients.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20168 Posts

@davillain- said:

@horgen: Not that I'm aware of, I just write a list of what I bought and haven't played yet on a game I get through sales from Steam, GoG, EGS, etc clients.

https://steamdb.info/calculator/76561197963949640/?cc=us

My percentage of unplayed games is 55% (846 played out of 1,538). I actually made a thread on this a few years back and asked others their unplayed percentage. I was surprised to find that 33-50% was actually pretty average, regardless of the size of the library.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 horgen  Moderator

@Byshop said:
@davillain- said:

https://steamdb.info/calculator/76561197963949640/?cc=us

My percentage of unplayed games is 55% (846 played out of 1,538). I actually made a thread on this a few years back and asked others their unplayed percentage. I was surprised to find that 33-50% was actually pretty average, regardless of the size of the library.

59% unplayed here. 87 of 212 Played.

VagrantSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 VagrantSnow
Member since 2018 • 561 Posts

I could quit work today and not need to find another job for at least the next 5 years before running out of money.

VatususReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 VatususReturns
Member since 2021 • 74 Posts

I'm doing... ok

bought recently a house and have my car paid in full. The job pays ok'ish. I'm a saver though and lived with my parents for many years allowing me to save some cash and have some financial security. I'm definitely doing better financially than most people my age in my country, thats fosho

Peasly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#23 Peasly
Member since 2004 • 425 Posts

Not bad..

Still renting a house with husband and cat at age 46. Works stable-ish but still short of money. Spending it all on cat biscuits..!!

monstazerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 monstazerk
Member since 2021 • 7 Posts

Can't complain..

I do make some poor impulses purchases decisions on occasion but I do my best to control it. :(

monstazerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 monstazerk
Member since 2021 • 7 Posts
@Peasly said:

Not bad..

Still renting a house with husband and cat at age 46. Works stable-ish but still short of money. Spending it all on cat biscuits..!!

Cat biscuits are important!