What is with the disrespect for Jews(God’s chosen people) online?

dark_drag765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dark_drag765
Member since 2005 • 1041 Posts

I mean seriously is it out of jealousy. Another moot point is people saying Jewish is just a religion when they have dna tests that show how Jewish someone is.

I just can’t comprehend the gall of those persecuting the chosen ones

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#2  Edited By deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

God's chosen people are the Taiwanese. So there's no jealousy.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56040 Posts

I support all Religion freedoms, Jewish is one of them :)

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BlackBalls
Member since 2018 • 1496 Posts

To be honest, don't mind online comments that much. Laugh at their ignorance, especially the Fox News comments section on Facebook.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#5 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58856 Posts

@sonicare said:

Agreed. Those guys make great products.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Probably that arrogance thinking they are "the chosen ones".

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#7 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Anyone who calls themselves sjosen ones are to be laughed at. But not Jews particularly, just anyone really. But not hated.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

One word: china

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58272 Posts

I think the reason it comes off so hostile and prevalent is because it turns into an ethnic thing, and not a religious thing. I mean how often have you heard anti-semitic remarks made towards Jews based on their actual religious beliefs? Almost never; what you do hear are insults based on stereotypes of their religions, crazy comments about how they control the world, and worse. Rarely (never?!) is it about their beliefs as it is with pretty much all other religions out there when it comes to criticism.

Honestly, though, I don't think there is enough disrespect given to Jews from a religion perspective because frankly so many people just go the ethnic route (see above) when insulting them. While I can talk all the shit I want about Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam, and so forth...god help me if I talk shit about Judaism because suddenly I am an anti-semite, when really I am anti-religious.

Not that I actively talk shit about religion; I'm finding that people tend to keep it to themselves better than they used to. It's just a funny double-standard imo. I mean I can't even criticize the state of Israel without being called an anti-Semite.

@uninspiredcup said:
@sonicare said:

Agreed. Those guys make great products.

American components, Russian components. ALL MADE IN TAIWAN!

Loading Video...

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#10  Edited By madrocketeer  Online
Member since 2005 • 10585 Posts

"God's chosen people?"

Anyway, it's just the times; people stampeding to cut themselves on their own edge. Anti-Semitism is edgy and therefore cool now, apparently.

Which I admit is a bit ironic coming from me, as someone who hold a bunch of... ...shall we say, "rather blunt" opinions myself.

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jackamomo
Member since 2017 • 2157 Posts

Clearly you have an opinion about them calling themselves 'chosen'. This is not the fault of any individual but just some text found somewhere in the Tora or something. All religions have this same sentiment on some level or another. I don't think they really all believe themselves superior though.

The persecution of the Jews is historic to the middle ages though.

In the Middle Agesantisemitism in Europe was religious. Although not part of Catholic dogma, many Christians, including members of the clergy, held the Jewish people collectively responsible for killing Jesus.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Jews

Christianity was a break out religion from Judaism and as a protest religion with the protest being against the dominant religion of Judaism. Christianity was the opportunity to belong to a religion that ignored the social hierarchies of the time period so appealed to (as it was designed to) the underclasses not given much respec in da street.

They have become the boogyman and blamed for everything including the black death. Anti-semetic sentiment has been linked to economic downturns in history.

After the holocaust, the Zionist movement was founded in an atmosphere of self righteous entitlement, claiming rights for settlement in what was then Palastine. This region was divided by the UK after WW2 along arbitrary lines and various populations found themselves rules by historically hostile neighbouring religion (Sunnis vs Shias etc).

the Kingdoms of Israel and Judah emerged during the Iron Age.[30][31] The Neo-Assyrian Empire destroyed Israel around 720 BCE.

The resulting instability stunted development in the middle east and the Jewish state of Isreal was founded in 1948 in an atmosphere of international repirations and US military support in the Arab-Isreali war with the Arabs loosing and the Jewish state was formed.

This has been causing sh*t ever since and now no-one is happy.

Anti-semetism might be real but also might be a reaction to the stupid and arrogant Zionist media propaganda machine who comes off as more militant than the Church of Scientology.

The international community maintains that Israel does not have sovereignty in the West Bank, and considers Israel's control of the area to be the longest military occupation in modern history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6846 Posts

I would say there is more intolerance for religion in general that goes beyond the Jewish people and the Jewish faith.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

Not just online. A friend of mine got attacked in a YMCA a few days ago. The news was on the TV in the locker room and he and another guy were talking about how the border wall is a stupid idea and some random person they didn't know came up and started yelling at them. He said he can't stand "attacks on the president" and then starts going off on how he hates non-white, non-Christians and starts making threats. My friend said he was Jewish and the guy said something along the lines of "get ready for Holocaust 2.0". My friend leaves the locker room to report him to the manager and the guy follows him out and pushes him. My friend pushes back and the guy (who is larger) punches him and pushes him to the ground, then runs like a coward. They filed a police report but who knows if they'll catch the guy. This was at the Schlessman YMCA where we attended their young child's last birthday party, too.

-Byshop

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6846 Posts

@Byshop: That's terrible. Your buddy showed some courage to self-identify after the aggressor stated his viewpoint. That or your friend is a little crazy. Maybe both?

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts
@jackamomo said:
The resulting instability stunted development in the middle east and the Jewish state of Isreal was founded in 1948 in an atmosphere of international repirations and US military support in the Arab-Isreali war with the Arabs loosing and the Jewish state was formed.

I thought the US wasn't a big Israel backer until the 60's. If you look at Israeli military hardware during the Arab-Israeli wars of the 50's, most jet aircraft were French-made and France was under de Gaulle who didn't exactly toe the US line. Armored vehicles were surplus from Western Europe which included older US hardware formerly used by those countries. The US finally allowed Israel to buy US tanks prior the 1967 Six-Day War which explain the presence of modern US-made tanks in that conflict.

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jackamomo

@jun_aka_pekto: touché. I simplified it.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58272 Posts

@Byshop said:

Not just online. A friend of mine got attacked in a YMCA a few days ago. The news was on the TV in the locker room and he and another guy were talking about how the border wall is a stupid idea and some random person they didn't know came up and started yelling at them. He said he can't stand "attacks on the president" and then starts going off on how he hates non-white, non-Christians and starts making threats. My friend said he was Jewish and the guy said something along the lines of "get ready for Holocaust 2.0". My friend leaves the locker room to report him to the manager and the guy follows him out and pushes him. My friend pushes back and the guy (who is larger) punches him and pushes him to the ground, then runs like a coward. They filed a police report but who knows if they'll catch the guy. This was at the Schlessman YMCA where we attended their young child's last birthday party, too.

-Byshop

That is insane. Glad your friend is OK and he stood up for what is right, but sorry that had to happen at all.

This is the social and political climate we live in now, unfortunately, in the US. It's "OK" (not really) to be loud and proud of your bigotry.

I've seen more people yell at/treat like dogshit non-whites in the past couple years than I have in my entire life.

@jun_aka_pekto said:
@jackamomo said:

I thought the US wasn't a big Israel backer until the 60's. If you look at Israeli military hardware during the Arab-Israeli wars of the 50's, most jet aircraft were French-made and France was under de Gaulle who didn't exactly toe the US line. Armored vehicles were surplus from Western Europe which included older US hardware formerly used by those countries. The US finally allowed Israel to buy US tanks prior the 1967 Six-Day War which explain the presence of modern US-made tanks in that conflict.

iirc it was mostly England that was behind the founding of Israel. I think they had a lot of members of parliament that were sympathetic to the Jews, a lot of post-Holocaust sympathy from Europe in general for not "stopping Hitler earlier".

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jackamomo

@mrbojangles25: yeah US aid came later. I got that a bit wrong really. It's a US military complex now however you want to spin it.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

It's well beyond online. The Woman's March in Chicago has just cancelled because of antisemetic statements the leaders have made in speeches and meetings, and like to chill with known antisemities.

A lot of it is based on conspiracy. Lots of people hate success these days, Jewish people are often quite successful.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

@dark_drag765 said:

I mean seriously is it out of jealousy. Another moot point is people saying Jewish is just a religion when they have dna tests that show how Jewish someone is.

grow a thicker skin

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

Not so surprising, certain people feel more comfortable being edgy behind the anonymity of an online persona. People can just be shitty in general. I notice more abuse against Muslims these days honestly.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Byshop  Moderator

@shellcase86 said:

@Byshop: That's terrible. Your buddy showed some courage to self-identify after the aggressor stated his viewpoint. That or your friend is a little crazy. Maybe both?

I'm glad he didn't. More people need to do that, because not everyone has the option of just avoiding conflict with people like that by simply keeping quiet. With a few light-skinned exceptions like myself, a black person doesn't have the option of simply not mentioning they are black to avoid trouble. Maybe there were more people present this nutjob was "against" who simply kept their mouths shut to keep themselves out of it. More people speaking up is what we need in this world.

@mrbojangles25 said:

That is insane. Glad your friend is OK and he stood up for what is right, but sorry that had to happen at all.

This is the social and political climate we live in now, unfortunately, in the US. It's "OK" (not really) to be loud and proud of your bigotry.

I've seen more people yell at/treat like dogshit non-whites in the past couple years than I have in my entire life.

It does seem like this is happening more and more. People need to speak out against this kind of nonsense.

-Byshop

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#24  Edited By madrocketeer  Online
Member since 2005 • 10585 Posts

@Byshop:

I just think it's base human nature in action. I have said many times that humans, by their base nature, like to get away with things - so long as they face no consequences for it. Unfortunately, modern society has been letting people get away with a lot with little or no consequences, especially in this age of the internet and social media. It was inevitable that this line of thinking was going to spill out into the real world, no doubt exacerbated by, shall we say, "leaders by example."

For this to change, either someone need to put their foot down and show some moral leadership, or the consequences need to materialise.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Byshop  Moderator

@madrocketeer said:

@Byshop:

I just think it's base human nature in action. I have said many times that humans, by their base nature, like to get away with things - so long as they face no consequences for it. Unfortunately, modern society has been letting people get away with a lot with little or no consequences, especially in this age of the internet and social media. It was inevitable that this line of thinking was going to spill out into the real world, no doubt exacerbated by, shall we say, "leaders by example."

For this to change, either someone need to foot down and show some moral leadership, or the consequences need to materialise.

In the short term, I'm hoping for consequences for this guy. If he could go off the handle and behave so irrationally based on this I wouldn't be surprised if he'd been in trouble with the law before, which may have exacerbated his motivation for a hasty retreat.

-Byshop

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#26  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Because the goyim know.

Also because they look white and are successful (Things the far left hate)

Fsrgon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Fsrgon
Member since 2019 • 12 Posts

@mrbojangles25: What are you talking about? If you criticise Islam, you get branded racist and Islamphobic. Look at what happened to Charlie Hebdo too. Radical Muslims killed them. Not Jews, Hindus, Christians or Buddhists, so don't even compare other religions to Islam.

Judaism has always been fair game for you anti-religious lot.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#28 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19516 Posts
@jackamomo said:

Clearly you have an opinion about them calling themselves 'chosen'. This is not the fault of any individual but just some text found somewhere in the Tora or something. All religions have this same sentiment on some level or another. I don't think they really all believe themselves superior though.

The persecution of the Jews is historic to the middle ages though.

In the Middle Agesantisemitism in Europe was religious. Although not part of Catholic dogma, many Christians, including members of the clergy, held the Jewish people collectively responsible for killing Jesus.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Jews

Christianity was a break out religion from Judaism and as a protest religion with the protest being against the dominant religion of Judaism. Christianity was the opportunity to belong to a religion that ignored the social hierarchies of the time period so appealed to (as it was designed to) the underclasses not given much respec in da street.

They have become the boogyman and blamed for everything including the black death. Anti-semetic sentiment has been linked to economic downturns in history.

After the holocaust, the Zionist movement was founded in an atmosphere of self righteous entitlement, claiming rights for settlement in what was then Palastine. This region was divided by the UK after WW2 along arbitrary lines and various populations found themselves rules by historically hostile neighbouring religion (Sunnis vs Shias etc).

the Kingdoms of Israel and Judah emerged during the Iron Age.[30][31] The Neo-Assyrian Empire destroyed Israel around 720 BCE.

Anti-semetism might be real but also might be a reaction to the stupid and arrogant Zionist media propaganda machine who comes off as more militant than the Church of Scientology.

The international community maintains that Israel does not have sovereignty in the West Bank, and considers Israel's control of the area to be the longest military occupation in modern history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel

It's worth noting that, in the Middle Ages, people didn't know where the Black Death plague came from. We now know that it was the Mongols who introduced it from Central Asia, when they expanded into Europe (up to Germany), but people back then didn't know that. It also didn't help that medieval Europeans had a poor understanding of things like medicine, hygiene and contagious disease (unlike the relatively better-educated Arabic/Chinese/Indian civilizations), which increased the European death toll to the tens of millions. But since medieval Europeans were ignorant, Jews became a convenient scapegoat, blaming them for introducing the plague. And over the centuries, this became a central piece of antisemitic propaganda. The Nazis even attempted to justify the Holocaust as "retribution" for the millions of Europeans "killed" by the Jews. Because of a lie, a forged history.

As for the Zionist movement, that arose because many Jews wanted to flee persecution from Europe, and thought having their own homeland would be a good idea. The movement originally didn't have a clear idea where this new Jewish homeland would be, but they were even considering somewhere in Mexico at one point. But eventually, they settled on Palestine, because that's the land which the Bible/Torah claims their ancestors came from. The Zionist movement was poorly thought-out, with no regard for the actual people living in Palestine at the time, and the consequences of usurping land from another group of people. And they attempted to justify it by claiming the Palestinians are Arab invaders. But we now know from genetic evidence that most Palestinians have had ancestors in the region dating back thousands of years. Yet Zionists continue to push their own lie, a forged history.

Baconstrip78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Baconstrip78
Member since 2013 • 1853 Posts

@dark_drag765: Jealousy. Average IQ of an Ashkenazi Jew is around 20% higher than an average European.

That disparity is actually quite large. It means if a Jewish shopkeeper opens a competing business next to yours, you’re going out of business.

To the extremely stupid, that kind of winning across the board can look like a conspiracy, as if they are rigging the game instead of being just better players of it.

X_Karen_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 X_Karen_x
Member since 2019 • 501 Posts

I know few Jewish folk. Nice people. But people is people it not matter so much. Too much violence is out there to worry about such thing. My coworker has lot of drama and I repeat to tell her it not worth drama. So many people on her about guy she in love with oh my goodness it too much to go into. So even if he not Jewish people hate on him for his happy free spirit. I think it something other guys jealous of.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56040 Posts

@x_karen_x said:

I know few Jewish folk. Nice people. But people is people it not matter so much. Too much violence is out there to worry about such thing. My coworker has lot of drama and I repeat to tell her it not worth drama. So many people on her about guy she in love with oh my goodness it too much to go into. So even if he not Jewish people hate on him for his happy free spirit. I think it something other guys jealous of.

You have some,,,,,, interesting co-workers Karen.

Avatar image for PfizersaurusRex
PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 PfizersaurusRex
Member since 2012 • 1503 Posts
@dark_drag765 said:

Either you comprehend or you believe in shit like "the chosen ones".

Ckyu29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Ckyu29
Member since 2019 • 2 Posts

Watch the movie religilous with bill mahr. Very interesting flick. Will definitely make you think. If god can obliterate satan, why doesn't he? Then there is no story left to capitalize on. If Tom ever caught Jerry and ate him, there would be no story. Every religion has a story. Whether it be Jews, Buddhists, christian, or whatever. They all teach against what they preach. Do not hate, but hate gays. The list goes on. Worship for the masses is political. Faith in god is spiritual.