What is The Difference between..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

superquesoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

User Lists: 0

#1 superquesoman
Member since 2009 • 284 Posts

Watching television and Playing V.G's?

Ok so sometimes the parents tell their kids to turn off the video game for a reason that they haved played too much .And when the kids just watch tv for the whole day,the parents say nothing about it. So i ask once more: Whats the Difference?

Arent you looking at a big screen full of colors on both?

and how come they have hours of playtime during school days when they can still have television?

I Dont Seem To Get This... any thought's?

hisfamily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 hisfamily
Member since 2007 • 6459 Posts

Well, if you watch a show, you can always stop, turn off the TV, and do something else. But, if you are in the middle of a MW2 game, you might not easily turn the TV off and quit. Well, that's what I think.

dragon7x2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 dragon7x2k
Member since 2007 • 3695 Posts

Well, if you watch a show, you can always stop, turn off the TV, and do something else. But, if you are in the middle of a MW2 game, you might not easily turn the TV off and quit. Well, that's what I think.

hisfamily
I agree with this, is easier to stop watching TV, but videogames requiere more concentration so is more frustrating when you are asked to stop.
Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts

Their is no difference in the amount of time wasted doing either activity.

KlepticGrooves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 KlepticGrooves
Member since 2010 • 2448 Posts

I'd think VGs require more brain power. There was a survey last year that said a person's brain is more active when they are asleep than when they are watching TV :?

Although I see the argument for being able to turn off a TV with little hassle, but you can't turn off a VG unless you don't mind losing what you did since the last save.

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
Because parents are lazy. I'd rather my child play a game than watch tv, at least if you're playing something you actually have to think and you can't just zone out like you can while you watch tv.
kingdavid562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 kingdavid562
Member since 2010 • 1173 Posts
because you can multi task wile waching tv but not wile playing games..
Crotazoa8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Crotazoa8
Member since 2010 • 1230 Posts
When you turn off the t.v. you just need to turn it off, when playing a video game you need to turn off the console AND the t.v
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
For better and for worse, games require more attention, interaction, immersion, and, as a result, have a greater influence than a Television (which is a more passive form of entertainment)
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
I'ld preferthey play games, just set the kids up with a PC with oly Paradox Interactive games, Civ and Morrowind installed and i think they'ld learn quite a bit.
TheFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 TheFlush
Member since 2002 • 5965 Posts

I think that's really dumb. I often see/hear people complaining about other people's internet and videogame habits/addictions. They say "you play way to much" or "you spend too much time on the web". And when I ask what they do all evening, well, they're just watching tv all night. I think that watching tv is worse than internet or videogames.

pengo93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 pengo93
Member since 2009 • 2005 Posts

Obviously doing any single thing for too long isn't wise, however I have read studies that show people who play video games have slightly better night vision, hand-eye coordination and tolerance to pain than those who don't. Of course excersise does that too but it's better than watching tv. Plus there's never anything on.