What interesting orders did you make on Black Friday and on Cyber Monday?

#1 Edited by Quranin (21 posts) -

What interesting orders did you make on Black Friday and on Cyber Monday?

#2 Posted by AFBrat77 (26633 posts) -

Perhaps not that interesting, but I bought my first smart phone, a modest Moto G6 for $200. For that price tag it's generally considered the best smart phone from my reseaorch. Love it!

#3 Posted by omegaMaster (1018 posts) -

So far, the interesting order is ordering nothing.

#4 Posted by PSP107 (17280 posts) -

@AFBrat77 said:

Perhaps not that interesting, but I bought my first smart phone, a modest Moto G6 for $200. For that price tag it's generally considered the best smart phone from my reseaorch. Love it!

For $200, it better be.

#5 Posted by Speeny (584 posts) -

Nothing unfortunately. I was hoping to find some great deals but nothing dropped down significantly in my opinion. Australian prices are crap like that. Lol

#6 Posted by Byshop (19148 posts) -

Vive Pro and Samsung Odyssey + VR headsets. Vive Pro was $100 off (so "only" $700) while I got the Odyssey + for $250 after tax and shipping. $300 down from $500 (for a new, upgraded product that's only a month old) plus another $60 off in Samsung points I had built up from using Samsung Pay. I have a Vive and Samsung Odyssey now that I plan on putting up for sale to offset the cost of the new items.

-Byshop

#7 Edited by DaVillain- (32886 posts) -

Just got me a new PC case: Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic this pass Friday for only $100 at Fry's Electronic and now that I got myself a Ryzen 7: 2700X along with new fans and Ram, I am now totally ready to build my new PC starting tomorrow :)

#8 Posted by shellcase86 (4103 posts) -

I didn't see any compelling sales for anything really interesting. Did grab a smart light-bulb, though. Let's you change colors, strobe, pulse, all that jazz.

#9 Posted by newyorkcables (21 posts) -

just some clothes, sneakers, and jackets

#10 Posted by Quranin (21 posts) -

This year, somehow the quality and prices do not match. Crisis, or what?)

#11 Posted by Hekarim (7 posts) -

And I bought the first Bluetooth headphones! And even though they cost only 3$, they turned out to be simply great. Very powerful sound, hold a charge for about 6 hours. In general, I am delighted!

#12 Edited by Herrinha (6 posts) -

I think that this is not a crisis at all, but some companies have definitely not decided to make discounts that might be of interest to people. This is the problem of modern politics of economists and PR managers - tо sell quickly new, even poorly made.

#13 Posted by Sevenizz (2175 posts) -

I bought a 50” Toshiba 4k UHD TV. I figured I needed it to take advantage of my X1X that outputs in 4k. Boy was I wrong. Other than a bigger picture, it provided no visual benefit over my 10 year old Panasonic plasma that outputs in 1080p. It’s foggy, a bit out of focus, and a steeper learning curve to operate which I find unnecessary for a TV.

I’m taking it back later this week and putting my former TV, which I enjoyed, back up. It’s a smaller tv, but looks so much better.

#14 Edited by lisajohny543 (6 posts) -

Interesting thing I bought is an adjustable desk for my Pc from FlexiSpot Coupons( https://www.reecoupons.com/view/flexispot ), I was looking for it a few months ago now finally take an advantage of Black Friday deal and buy from there.

#15 Posted by npiet1 (1301 posts) -

8gb ddr4 ram that's it. Aussie black Friday isn't great. It's better to wait for individual sales

#16 Posted by robert_sparkes (1726 posts) -

Not a lot of deals at all around Black Friday in U.K. Boxing Day the better for sales for us.