what i dont like about MLK day

This topic is locked from further discussion.

2apture-13ound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 2apture-13ound
Member since 2007 • 1430 Posts
i dont like the fact that there is no school or work in some places. His whole point was for the races and poor people to come together and have a chance.. yet they are given the day off? as if school now days aren't already a joke im sure they would not approove of having a pointless day off. When they were alive they took days off to march, honestly how many of you atleast take the time to read or watch a show about him that day? They hardly air anything on the subject until the day of then it's back to brittany spears. IMO you should go to school om MLK day
shaza91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 shaza91
Member since 2005 • 3696 Posts

Actually I never thought about it that way and it's not like we really need this day off since we just had Christmas and New Years.

bmoreangel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 bmoreangel
Member since 2007 • 1582 Posts
At first I was really skeptical about this thread but you definitely have a good point and it's starnge since my school often acts like that part of American history didn't even exist
2apture-13ound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 2apture-13ound
Member since 2007 • 1430 Posts

At first I was really skeptical about this thread but you definitely have a good point.bmoreangel

Yeah my friend actually god arrested last year for going anyway.. i dont know the whole story but i think he was also on his bike or something. It's an open campus school and im sure he wasnt spray painting panther power all over the campus so i have no idea why but u should all learn something new monday.