What frozen Pizza brands do you like the best?

#1 Edited by DaVillain- (37581 posts) -

We always talk about what's the best Pizza joint but never seen anyone discuss about Frozen Pizza, the kind you just turn on the oven kitchen put the Pizza inside and enjoy! My favorite are:

• DiGiorno (Cheese only)
  • Red Baron (I only get this brand whenever I have family relatives coming to town for dinner)
  • Tombstone (Pepperoni toppings I like)

#2 Edited by Master_Live (19666 posts) -

DiGiorno!

The one with pepperoni and bacon.

#3 Posted by warmblur (2814 posts) -

DiGiorno supreme

#4 Posted by pyro1245 (5161 posts) -

Screamin' Sicilian

They're not really worth it at $9, but if you can get it on sale they are the best frozen pizzas I've tried.

#5 Edited by DEVILinIRON (4930 posts) -

Red Baron and California Pizza Kitchen. Pretty much any toppings are fine with me.

#6 Edited by mandzilla (4157 posts) -

Goodfella's, Chicago Town and Pizza Express.

#7 Edited by Speeny (1887 posts) -

Dr. Oetker Ristorante.

#8 Posted by mrbojangles25 (44161 posts) -

When I was a kid Tombstone was great because it had this thin cracker-like crust and the mini-pepperoni would cook into these cups of grease. It was gross but it was delicious hahahahaha.

As a grown up I prefer DiGiorno; I've tried many brands, some good, some bad, but DiGiorno is the best of all of them.

Honestly though I much prefer going to Trader Joe's and getting their pre-made pizza dough and just making a pizza myself. It's easy and tastes 10x better, plus you control what's on it so you're not putting god-knows-what into your body. Seriously look at the ingredients on the frozen pizza boxes...

#9 Posted by DEVILinIRON (4930 posts) -

@mrbojangles25: Yeah, that's why I'm taking a break from frozen pizza and just pizza in general. I'm trying to lose weight. Honestly, I don't really miss it, except when threads like these pop up.

#10 Posted by mrbojangles25 (44161 posts) -

@DEVILinIRON said:

@mrbojangles25: Yeah, that's why I'm taking a break from frozen pizza and just pizza in general. I'm trying to lose weight. Honestly, I don't really miss it, except when threads like these pop up.

Haha right? It's like you haven't thought about pizza and then someone mentions pizza and you're like "Damn I really want some pizza now. But 500 calories a slice? Hmmmm"

Best of luck to you in your weight loss quest, I'm doing the same myself. I lost 15 lb in two weeks with keto, not sure if you're just counting calories or on a specific diet but keto is pretty great. 65:30:5 calorie ration of F:P:C

#11 Posted by Heirren (2238 posts) -

Lou Malnati's is the best by far.

#12 Posted by ArmoredCore55 (24308 posts) -

I would probably say Tombstone. I also like Jack's, Totino's, Butch's, DiGiorno, and Red Baron.

#13 Posted by shellcase86 (4489 posts) -

Really like Red Baron and Tombstone. Screamin' Sicilian is good, too.

#14 Posted by uninspiredcup (34401 posts) -

Chicago Town. Probably the only decent one here.

#15 Posted by LJS9502_basic (166908 posts) -

None. Frozen pizza is gross.

#16 Posted by judaspete (3073 posts) -

Haven't had one in years, but used to love Tombstone. It's actually best when reheated the next day.

#17 Posted by SOedipus (11549 posts) -

I'm not the biggest fan of frozen pizza, except for this crap (which I haven't had since I was a teenager).

The shit will kill you. I could have that crap everyday.

#18 Posted by npiet1 (2481 posts) -

Our's here (Aus) are all shit, they all have hardly any topping's on them.

#19 Posted by uninspiredcup (34401 posts) -

Oh yea, something similar, pretty good, cheap too.

Something like £1-£2, get an entire pack.

@SOedipus said:

I'm not the biggest fan of frozen pizza, except for this crap (which I haven't had since I was a teenager).

The shit will kill you. I could have that crap everyday.

#20 Posted by VFighter (5134 posts) -

Its probably been 25+ years since I've had a frozen pizza. I'd much rather just make it myself.

#21 Posted by Star67 (4451 posts) -

Digiorno, Tombstone are good.

I also like the store brands, such as Kroger Brand and Kroger Premium select brands

#22 Posted by kriggy (1191 posts) -

It was a long time ago since I had some frozen pizza... I like adding even more topping on them before I prepare them in the oven, then they get pretty good!

#23 Posted by shellcase86 (4489 posts) -

Pizza-inspried, but delicious on their own merit -- used to love Pizza Rolls.

#24 Posted by SolidSnake35 (58919 posts) -

I don't own an oven so no frozen pizza for me.

#25 Posted by bgres077 (12687 posts) -

Store brand rising crust are on par with DiGiorno at a fraction of the cost. Aldi's has excellent (not frozen) take and bake pizza's.