What do you think about life?

  • 76 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for gettingonwithgaminglife
#51 Posted by GettingonwithGamingLife (200 posts) -

@THUMPTABLE: but religion has an ethical component through the supernatural but I see where your coming from :).

Avatar image for balaminienbgs
#52 Posted by BalaminienBGS (66 posts) -

Life is a human reflection of existence. It's all a mirror and sometimes we forget we are looking at ourselves in much of it, because it's existence is dependent on us. There is no mirror if there isn't a human standing there.

Avatar image for MirkoS77
#53 Edited by MirkoS77 (13967 posts) -
@watercrack445 said:

From what I noticed in life is that some people are born lucky and some are born unlucky. Then, it just matters what you do after that. It either goes uphill or downhill.

I think this is pretty accurate sentiment. There's an incredible aspect of luck in life. Everything else after that is idealisms constructed by people who so desperately want to believe they hold some semblance of control over their lives, as well meaning as they are. It's what they have to believe. People don't choose to be born into African villages where they starve and watch their family starve to death in the midst of a civil war. People don't choose to be diagnosed with cancer at a young age. Sure, they deal with it and "make out of life what it gives them", but that doesn't mean they're Bill Gates because they show such initiative and determination. Oftentimes the greatest of determination appears as the lowest of achievements.

You're unlucky, and you try to make the best of it and often still end up with a shit hand. Or you're born lucky and lay all the credit at your feet while disregarding those as unlucky as lazy and scum.

Avatar image for THUMPTABLE
#54 Posted by THUMPTABLE (2078 posts) -

@gettingonwithgaminglife: Yes but that was already around long before any religion was thought up.

Avatar image for gettingonwithgaminglife
#55 Posted by GettingonwithGamingLife (200 posts) -

@THUMPTABLE: I see your point but the difference is I belive religion was never thought up but something from God. I guess we have to wait until the end of time to see what happens.

Avatar image for THUMPTABLE
#56 Posted by THUMPTABLE (2078 posts) -

@gettingonwithgaminglife: You speak as if there is only 1 claim for a god when there have been hundreds.
It is never a good thing when being told what to think, especially from the primitive books.

Avatar image for npiet1
#57 Posted by npiet1 (1915 posts) -

I'm agnostic. I'm not sure if there is a god either way. I do believe in ghost. I've experienced enough not to believe.

Avatar image for momo372
#58 Edited by momo372 (2636 posts) -

when it comes to life I think the mind is a powerful tool.

Avatar image for MirkoS77
#59 Posted by MirkoS77 (13967 posts) -

@npiet1: what ghost did you experience?

Avatar image for npiet1
#60 Posted by npiet1 (1915 posts) -

@MirkoS77: A lot. Everything from shadow figures that everyone see's, to someone running up and down stairs at 2am (that was annoying and why I avoid 2 story houses). Even cups moving in front of people. The worst was the whispers in the kitchen after I just moved in with her to our own house, she heard them too. It follow's me where every I go. Friends don't like staying at my house overnight. Nothing has ever happened to me physically and others see it, so I've never worried about it

Avatar image for KungfuKitten
#61 Edited by KungfuKitten (26310 posts) -

Part of me believes in God. I feel like life is extremely meaningful to us, if you see how most of us cling to it. But I feel like we're lost. Nobody seems to have the definite answers. You could also call that a freedom. I would call it lost. I don't think most people know what to do in life aside from trying to secure their own. They can believe in things, but if you ask about it it's a belief, it's not a knowing. And I think that if we were to find some likely answers, they could give us a sense of direction and purpose that is very much desired.

And I think that will happen. But can this be achieved with our minds alone, when it seems like there are more questions raised with every answer we find? Can we ever truly believe in our ideas enough to create a clearer overview of truly likely paths for us to take? I don't know. Maybe through the assistance of AI and tools we may be able to help machines understand the world better than we can as human beings, and follow their lead.

Avatar image for cooperino217
#62 Posted by Cooperino217 (16 posts) -

Whether life is wonderful or another way around all depends on our views of point. As a student, i enjoyed life with pink-tinted glass. i have a good family with my caring parents. I didn't do well at school, but they didn't stress me out. as long as i'm a nice child, they're happy with it. When i start working, things start to be different. Work pressure and sometimes 'evil' coworkers. At first, i'm shocked. But now it's okay. As i don't care much about what others think like before, things are easier for me. I just try to finish my work's daily work KPI, save money to go traveling, enjoy my interests - current ones are digging into mantigames' online games and learning to master at cooking. And I treasure those I love, especially my beloved family

Avatar image for br0kenrabbit
#63 Edited by br0kenrabbit (15831 posts) -

@KungfuKitten said:

Part of me believes in God. I feel like life is extremely meaningful to us, if you see how most of us cling to it. But I feel like we're lost. Nobody seems to have the definite answers. You could also call that a freedom. I would call it lost. I don't think most people know what to do in life aside from trying to secure their own. They can believe in things, but if you ask about it it's a belief, it's not a knowing. And I think that if we were to find some likely answers, they could give us a sense of direction and purpose that is very much desired.

And I think that will happen. But can this be achieved with our minds alone, when it seems like there are more questions raised with every answer we find? Can we ever truly believe in our ideas enough to create a clearer overview of truly likely paths for us to take? I don't know. Maybe through the assistance of AI and tools we may be able to help machines understand the world better than we can as human beings, and follow their lead.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for trymore6589
#64 Posted by Trymore6589 (10 posts) -

My life is full of happiness. I love my life.

Avatar image for Peasly
#65 Edited by Peasly (260 posts) -

Personally being in constant pain all the time for me it's hard. I feel stressed out all the time it's like i'm always alert and unable to relax.

I found the shittiest part when i realised a few months ago that i don't feel anything anymore. Feel like i'm faking my life. Weird..

There is no God, out of desperation i prayed to take away the pain and..... nothing. Please don't say what Christians love to say: God helps those who help themselves.. Ugh..

Avatar image for warmblur
#66 Edited by warmblur (1939 posts) -

@Peasly said:

Personally being in constant pain all the time for me it's hard. I feel stressed out all the time it's like i'm always alert and unable to relax.

I found the shittiest part when i realised a few months ago that i don't feel anything anymore. Feel like i'm faking my life. Weird..

There is no God, out of desperation i prayed to take away the pain and..... nothing. Please don't say what Christians love to say: God helps those who help themselves.. Ugh..

I feel the same way especially when I'm out in public. I feel like I'm a actor in a shitty movie and I'm cast as the depressed person that forgot how it feels to be happy.

Avatar image for heirren
#67 Posted by Heirren (801 posts) -

I have people eager to hear what i think about life but i decide not to tell them.

Chess 1v100. I think some chess players are mistaking pawns for Snocaps. Lol.

Avatar image for Peasly
#68 Edited by Peasly (260 posts) -

@warmblur:

@Peasly said:

Personally being in constant pain all the time for me it's hard. I feel stressed out all the time it's like i'm always alert and unable to relax.

I found the shittiest part when i realised a few months ago that i don't feel anything anymore. Feel like i'm faking my life. Weird..

There is no God, out of desperation i prayed to take away the pain and..... nothing. Please don't say what Christians love to say: God helps those who help themselves.. Ugh..

I feel the same way especially when I'm out in public. I feel like I'm a actor in a shitty movie and I'm cast as the depressed person that forgot how it feels to be happy.

When i got your reply i think i spent about half an hour just staring at your response not knowing what to say...

If i said i could empathise with your feelings i would be lying as i can't remember how to do that. It's like being emotionally numb or a huge black hole of nothingness.

My husband doesn't get it. He thinks everything is related to my epilepsy and there must be a pill for it. So for the sake of our marriage i agreed and take more pills (hoping to take away the pain). NOT WORKING..

I just want to feel again like i used to. Sorry to pile on.

Avatar image for Byshop
#69 Posted by Byshop (19518 posts) -
Loading Video...

Here's what I think about life.

-Byshop

Avatar image for warmblur
#70 Edited by warmblur (1939 posts) -

@Peasly said:

@warmblur:

@Peasly said:

Personally being in constant pain all the time for me it's hard. I feel stressed out all the time it's like i'm always alert and unable to relax.

I found the shittiest part when i realised a few months ago that i don't feel anything anymore. Feel like i'm faking my life. Weird..

There is no God, out of desperation i prayed to take away the pain and..... nothing. Please don't say what Christians love to say: God helps those who help themselves.. Ugh..

I feel the same way especially when I'm out in public. I feel like I'm a actor in a shitty movie and I'm cast as the depressed person that forgot how it feels to be happy.

When i got your reply i think i spent about half an hour just staring at your response not knowing what to say...

If i said i could empathise with your feelings i would be lying as i can't remember how to do that. It's like being emotionally numb or a huge black hole of nothingness.

My husband doesn't get it. He thinks everything is related to my epilepsy and there must be a pill for it. So for the sake of our marriage i agreed and take more pills (hoping to take away the pain). NOT WORKING..

I just want to feel again like i used to. Sorry to pile on.

No need to be sorry I miss feeling anything too. The other day I was at the mall the sun was out and shining through the skylights there was some upbeat music playing I could tell I was close to feeling something like a serotonin boost but it never came it was so frustrating and depressing I just felt broken like usual.

Avatar image for 360ru13r
#71 Edited by 360ru13r (1844 posts) -

Do I believe in God? yes. I pray and worship him? Nah. I will pray to him for good things to happen for me and others but that is about it. I feel like I know the right way to honor him and going to a place of worship ain't for me. More power to others who do.

As for life in general, life is what you make it. Like the Serenity Prayer says control the things you can and understand the things you can't.

Avatar image for lucybrighton
#72 Edited by lucybrighton (5 posts) -

Life is all about perspective. The way you see yourself and the way you see the situation you are in defines the life that you lead. People who mind their own business and work on themselves have a positive view about life.

Avatar image for darktower
#73 Posted by DarkTower (198 posts) -

awesome and terrible at the same time, surrounded by genius and stupidity at the same time. i think life is mostly a mindfuk... like why? why are we here? why do we exist? are we really meant to work 9-5 jobs, get married, have kids and float on this rock forever? what is our true purpose? do we even have a natural purpose other than reproducing? where do we come from?

I think humans have lost so much of our natural history it's sad. we blindly believe in flawed ideologies just to cope with our finite existence. its pathetic. i think god, religion, culture, etc is just pure indoctrination. it closes us off from our consciousness and creativity. culture as a whole limits our ability to communicate, and it's the sole reason why we're not free, mentally. We put up walls and create splits between each other. Humans are monsters, we are destroying the earth for material possession and selfish desires.

life, to me, is rather pointless when i'm stuck in a society full of sheep and oppressors. i'm doomed to live a mediocre life because of this systematic bullshiz. this is why people do drugs and psychedelics, they're trying to escape. nobody actually wants to be here. life sucks. people need to lose their big egos and learn to love eachother, that's all we can do.

Avatar image for Stranger_36
#74 Posted by Stranger_36 (636 posts) -

Life sucks and then you die.

Avatar image for volsung
#76 Posted by Volsung (261 posts) -

What's there even to say? I mean really though.