warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 warmblur
Member since 2017 • 3988 Posts

I'm definitely a TV series guy what about you?

Me personally I feel TV shows are more well written especially these days and also I have a hard time sitting through a whole movie but if it was the 80's I would definitely go with movies.

Ezekiel43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 Ezekiel43
Member since 2017 • 2226 Posts

Movies. More tightly focused. A TV show can have a lot of not so good episodes and filler or may be more convoluted, with so many plot twists and plot armor for liked characters that it becomes unbelievable. I'm aiming for 365 movies a year. I still like TV shows, though.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 37548 Posts

Tv shows for sure.

As long as it's not Star Trek: Discovery.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#4 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 14785 Posts

More of a movie buff, but a really well done TV show (like Breaking Bad) I find far more satisfying.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 9947 Posts

Both

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 madrocketeer  Online
Member since 2005 • 7005 Posts

Eh... I've pretty much stopped watching TV since, well, 2014 - except to watch sports. I also don't watch many movies; I still buy DVDs, but they often sit around for months before I finally get around to watching them. These days, I find most of my entertainment from video games and YouTube.

So between the two... ...probably movies, because at least I still watch them at all.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 29407 Posts

Movies overall in general simply because they are easier to digest and are less of a time commitment then tv series. I do very much enjoy a good tv series as well though.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 19698 Posts

It depends on the story they are trying to tell. Some stories work better as TV shows. Book adaptations tend to work better over a series of episodes rather than trying to cram 900 pages into two hours of film. His Dark Materials season 1 is based on The Golden Compass and was a much more faithful adaptation than the crappy movie version. The Outsider on HBO is an adaptation of a Steven King novel and 6 out of 10 eps in so far it's very, very good.

But TV shows can be overbloated. US television tends to try to cram as 22-26 episodes into a season and at an hour long each, that tends to create a lot of "problem/monster of the week" filler. I like BBC series/mini-series with 6-8 episodes per season (or maybe even the entire series).

Now we have shows on streaming services. They tend to lean more towards tight, well crafted stories over a shorter number of episodes.

But that doesn't mean that TV shows are better than movies. Think of the last really good movie you saw and ask yourself if it would be better of they stretched it out over 10 or more hours? 1917 works as a movie, not a TV series.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 11798 Posts

TV shows. I've been re-watching a lot of stuff lately. I just like having noise on when doing something. There are those instances when something pivotal is happening and I'm glued to the screen, even if I've seen it a million times. Movies I find are one-and-done. I don't like to sit for a long time watching something. A TV show will be 20-40 minutes , or an hour at most if it's HBO or something. I don't re-watch movies unless it's been a long time and my memory of it is poor.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 36184 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

Movies overall in general simply because they are easier to digest and are less of a time commitment then tv series. I do very much enjoy a good tv series as well though.

same.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 9

#11 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 2317 Posts

It's probably movies for me. I find them to be more satisfying and you can pull a better conclusion from them after they've ended. Even though you could say the same exact thing about movies, I've found that personally I can waste a lot of time and feel bad about it when watching TV series. When you're watching 45 and sometimes even more minutes an episode, time flies really fast.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 9

#12 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 2317 Posts

To add, I've never actually finished a live action TV series that I've started...so there's that. :P

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#13 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27019 Posts

I would normally say movies but I think it's changing to series. It's easier for me to watch one of those.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 5870 Posts

I prefer TV shows

...at least I did when I watched them.....