What do you collect these days?

#1 Edited by TwistedRKO2012 (116 posts) -

Hi everyone! I'm just curious in what type of stuff do you all collect these days? It might be figures, toys, video games etc... Care to share?

#2 Posted by Ezekiel43 (1611 posts) -

Started collecting Blu-rays and DVDs just as physical media went out of style. I don't like the streaming age, when so many people won't watch something if it's not on Netflix.

#3 Posted by johnd13 (9752 posts) -

My tears...

#4 Posted by pyro1245 (5063 posts) -
  • Vinyl records
  • PS1 and SNES RPGs

Though I haven't been actively collecting them in a while.

#5 Posted by Horgen (120611 posts) -

@ezekiel43 said:

Started collecting Blu-rays and DVDs just as physical media went out of style. I don't like the streaming age, when so many people won't watch something if it's not on Netflix.

If anything, Blu-rays I'm somewhat of a collector of. Dunno how many I have, but I need another shelf for them now.

#6 Posted by DaVillain- (36934 posts) -

Video games in general is my collection and I do often collect Funko pop figures but mainly for anime characters I'm familiar with.

#7 Posted by XVision84 (16249 posts) -

I collect money

#8 Posted by warmblur (2536 posts) -

Nostalgia and it hurts :(

#9 Posted by Gwynbleidd_91 (98 posts) -

Books, have around 150 and counting. I definitely need to invest in another bookshelf.

#10 Edited by DEVILinIRON (4862 posts) -

Books and movies. The library can give you some great discounts on discharged or donated material. I got Bladerunner 2049 on bluray for $2 and some Criterions DVDs for $1.

#11 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (15754 posts) -

Transformers Masterpiece figures. I have a few on hand, but they are pricey, so I have to pick-and-choose what to get.

#12 Posted by qx0d (333 posts) -

@ezekiel43 said:

They won't do it because they are too lazy to put a disc in a box. Simple as that.

#13 Posted by Sevenizz (3911 posts) -

Handiwipes. Those wipes in foil with a lemon scented solution. I keep about 50 in the car for quick wipes and dusting off the instrument panel and shift console. I run out fast so I’m always on the lookout at various food establishments. Montana’s has the best handiwipes (they serve ribs and various finger foods). They are larger than normal and a bit more durable.

#14 Posted by uninspiredcup (33692 posts) -

Fat.

#15 Posted by CrimsonBrute (25390 posts) -
@uninspiredcup said:

Fat.

Same.

#16 Posted by robert_sparkes (3087 posts) -

As a kid mine was Tazo's I used to be hooked and go through so many packets of walkers crisps trying to get the rarest ones. I'm surprised I'm not 20 stone.

#17 Posted by HEATHEN75 (730 posts) -

Comic books. Trying to collect the original 80's run of Transformers and G.I. Joe comics by Marvel and of course any Amazing Spider-Man issues I come across that I need.

Action figures. Been collecting the DC Icons figures last two years. Probably be jumping on the new DC line by Macfarlane Toys when they come out. Macfarlane always makes great figures.

And of course, video games.

#18 Posted by PyreofKoL (6051 posts) -

@TwistedRKO2012: Kind of a hodgepodge of things. I have several Pops and other Funko products. A buddy of mine has gotten me a couple of high end Japanese (I think) Mega Man X figurines, though all I need there now is Sigma. I collected just a handful of Amiibos. The two important ones were Ness and Roy, but I picked up a few others I found on discount or received them as gifts. I also collect vinyl, though I listen to it as well. :)

#19 Edited by Comma (28 posts) -

I've more recently started collecting, painting and building model ships. It's a time consuming hobby but I've got a lot of enjoyment out of it so far.

#20 Posted by bgres077 (12657 posts) -

Lapel pins. Great keepsake from vacations and I display them in shadow boxes.

#21 Posted by plageus900 (2707 posts) -

Money.

#22 Posted by Jayme584 (8 posts) -

I often visit apknite to collect some nice apps and games (minecraft, Ball Mayhem, Polysphere, etc.)

#23 Posted by Serraph105 (33853 posts) -

I do my best to collect money. Beyond that not much. Digital movie and tv files for my ever growing Plex server so I can have all the media at any given time, but thats pretty freaking boring.

I suppose lately I've been trying to get out and walk in areas away from roads and paths that are actively meant to be traveled on in some fashion, places like woods, fields, and ravines. I guess you could say I'm collecting experiences in a sense, but it's more about getting into places that others live their whole lives near without ever actually seeing it for themselves because society hasn't given them an artificial reason to tread there.

#24 Posted by Speeny (1774 posts) -

Mainly just Blu-rays. Some DVD's also but majority are Blu-rays. :)

#25 Posted by goodzorr (504 posts) -

Been collecting these over the last few years. My collection is almost twice as many as the image:

#26 Posted by robert_sparkes (3087 posts) -

I'm thinking of starting a mega drive collection not full just the games I played as a kid.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
#27 Edited by deactivated-5cd08b1605da1 (9317 posts) -

@johnd13 said:

My tears...

edgy

OT: Just videogames. The ones I like, I mean

#28 Posted by jaydan (2306 posts) -

The only thing I really collect these days are my own photos and graphic pieces I take/create to further expand my portfolio options.

#29 Posted by HEATHEN75 (730 posts) -

@Vatusus said:
@johnd13 said:

My tears...

edgy

OT: Just videogames. The ones I like, I mean

I see nothing edgy there. Edgy would be collecting other people's tears. Collecting his own tears is an obvious cry for help. Why don't you offer some help and compassion you heartless bastard? I would myself, but I'm busy not giving a shit.

#30 Posted by omegaMaster (1287 posts) -

a couple of JRPG PSP games

#31 Posted by foxhound_fox (97973 posts) -

Apparently I've been involuntarily putting together a whiskey collection. I've got over 12 different bottles on the go right now, and still buying more as time goes on.

#32 Edited by Gaming-Planet (19965 posts) -

Sadly, just video games I don't even play.

I know what I'll be doing when I retire.

#33 Posted by ycdeo (2701 posts) -

Macross planes

Video Games

#34 Edited by Ezekiel43 (1611 posts) -

I also started collecting manga. But I don't expect that collection to become big. The first pic is about 3700 pages. The books in the second and third pics arrived last week. Can't believe it's been ten years since I read Blame on my PC.

#35 Edited by realistic44 (8245 posts) -

Video games (Survival Horror in general)

Yeezys

And some comedy shows/ stand ups ( George Carlin, Redd Foxx + Moms Mabley) in particular. - Also a big Sanford & Son fan.

#36 Posted by Cayde (152 posts) -

@ezekiel43: Blame! nice b

#37 Edited by Peasly (328 posts) -

Dust..

Use to collect Winnie the pooh until they started to look fake.. See http://noosel.co.uk/ Under Images/Beanies...

My site not update it for forever....

#38 Posted by KiIIyou (27197 posts) -

New skills, I love learnsies in my brainsies

#39 Posted by l34052 (3902 posts) -

I collect music. Thanks to the Internet I'm finding albums and artists I never heard of back in the day because a lot of it was only released in the artists locale or only had a small limited run.

It's a great time to be a music lover.

#40 Edited by JanetHardin (3 posts) -

Stamps and specific calendars with the pictures of actual type

#41 Posted by brimmul777 (4086 posts) -

Songs for my iPod. I'm up to over 3,200+ songs, everything from Rock'N'Roll to Heavy Metal. I also have about 600 or so songs of old classic country. Not a fan of anything past 1990's,the odd song here and there.

#42 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (6453 posts) -

I don't collect nostalgia gets me depressed... I always have to move forward, that mentality is why I'm a minimalist also why I am in constant search for songs I have never heard or movies I have never watched. While I do listen to songs more than once and watch movies I love that feeling you get seeing something new or hearing a new song that you like cannot be replaced.

So guess I collect new memories and experiences.