What do people see in John McCain?

• 142 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FearTheRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 FearTheRain
Member since 2008 • 1470 Posts

I swear it must be over my head or something, because what I see is a George Bush wannabe.

I seriously don't understand how anyone in their right mind could vote for John McCain.

The man wants no change whatsoever. Basically just another 4 years of where were heading.

It makes no sense to me how anyone can look a the USA as it is today and say that the country is better off than it's ever been.

What do you guys think?

g-unit248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 g-unit248
Member since 2005 • 7197 Posts
duh.... he's the next greenspan :P
ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
he is the most experienced canidate out there. And Obama is the least experienced
Lobster_Ear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lobster_Ear
Member since 2005 • 5428 Posts
Of course. He's Bush Pt.II. He'll help continue the plans for a NWO if he is elected. It'll be a sad day if he is elected president.
hormagaunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 hormagaunt
Member since 2003 • 6309 Posts
i dont see anything in him... only... hatred
hoola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hoola
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts
I see a guy who loves his country but doesn't know how to run it.
whos_next000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 whos_next000
Member since 2006 • 11892 Posts
he is the most experienced canidate out there. And Obama is the least experiencedferrari2001
Obama is honeslty looking like our best bet at this point in the race. I wish most people didn't automatically write-off Ron Paul as bat**** crazy though.
Shiggums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#8 Shiggums
Member since 2007 • 21436 Posts
Idk, but what some see in McCain, others will see in Obama, Hillary, or Mitt. Oh well.
Lobster_Ear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lobster_Ear
he is the most experienced canidate out there. And Obama is the least experiencedferrari2001
Murderers have experience in killing people...Doesn't mean they should be in charge of a gun club...
SuperMaWiiOH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SuperMaWiiOH
Member since 2007 • 255 Posts
I give John McCain all the respect in the world for his service to the US. I don't however support him in his run for President. I'm a Dem, and what we need is someone fresh, not the more of the same mindset the Republicans have. Change we can believe in, Obama 08.
darkmoney52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 darkmoney52
Member since 2004 • 4332 Posts
A lot of people I think, just like him because of his military experience. I really hope he doesn't win though, I like Oboma and Ron Paul a lot more.
LiquidClear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 LiquidClear
Member since 2008 • 356 Posts
I don't know if I'm going to vote for him, but I respect the fact that he seems to be the least partisan of the candidates. He doesn't just go along with the rest of his party, which is something that's mildly refreshing.
jrhawk42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#14 jrhawk42
Member since 2003 • 12764 Posts

it seems McCain has flipped a few of his political views to fit in with the modern "christian right" conservtives which he isn't really. McCain is an old school conservative from before the days of the "christian right". He's also known for standing up for what he believes in over his party having gone against the republican party on a few issues (most recently torture).

Those that know McCain before his recent run see him as a moderate conservative that's willing to work with both parties. It's hard saying exactly what he's currently doing. He could be making empty statements to gain conservative votes which is something Bush tends to do, except that Bush is basically a puppet, and hopefully McCain isn't.

nintendorocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#15 nintendorocks
Member since 2004 • 5996 Posts
He's the only Republican who is willing to work with the Democrats.
JohnBasedow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JohnBasedow
Member since 2005 • 858 Posts
I give John McCain all the respect in the world for his service to the US. I don't however support him in his run for President. I'm a Dem, and what we need is someone fresh, not the more of the same mindset the Republicans have. Change we can believe in, Obama 08.SuperMaWiiOH
I"m not a Repub. but the true blue conservatives dislike Bush.
giton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 giton
Member since 2007 • 1745 Posts
When I look at McCain, I see a man who just doesn't get out in the sun enough.
Lobster_Ear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Lobster_Ear

it seems McCain has flipped a few of his political views to fit in with the modern "christian right" conservtives which he isn't really. McCain is an old school conservative from before the days of the "christian right". He's also known for standing up for what he believes in over his party having gone against the republican party on a few issues (most recently torture).

Those that know McCain before his recent run see him as a moderate conservative that's willing to work with both parties. It's hard saying exactly what he's currently doing. He could be making empty statements to gain conservative votes which is something Bush tends to do, except that Bush is basically a puppet, and hopefully McCain isn't.

jrhawk42
Yes, but is that a chance we are willing to take? Republicans had there chance with Bush. He destroyed America. The last thing we need is to be tricked into letting another dirty republican into office.
bman784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 bman784
Member since 2004 • 6755 Posts
I don't think it's that he's so good, it's just that Hill Clinton's a **** and Obama's basically the black mans HitlerJohnBasedow

Get a clue, please.
CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts
I really don't know. My dad was lechuring me about how he will save America, and how the youth is retarded for supporting Obama. It was a painful hour indeed. That hour of my life has now made me discouraged about voting.
dreamdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 dreamdude
Member since 2006 • 4627 Posts

I don't think it's that he's so good, it's just that Hill Clinton's a **** and Obama's basically the black mans HitlerJohnBasedow

Black mans Hilter?

Lobster_Ear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Lobster_Ear
We already have Hitler as our current president. Obama woud be a godsend in comparison.
DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DivergeUnify
Member since 2007 • 15150 Posts
[QUOTE="ferrari2001"]he is the most experienced canidate out there. And Obama is the least experiencedLobster_Ear
Murderers have experience in killing people...Doesn't mean they should be in charge of a gun club...

Managing the most powerful country in the world... managing a gunshop
darkmoney52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 darkmoney52

jrhawk42

So what you're saying is that at most he's dishonest, and at worst he's Bush? I don't really think either of those sound too appealing.

Where the hell did you get the "Black man's hitler thing? Just because he's charismatic? God, hitler comparisons are getting thrown around a lot now.

Lobster_Ear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Lobster_Ear
[QUOTE="Lobster_Ear"][QUOTE="ferrari2001"]he is the most experienced canidate out there. And Obama is the least experiencedDivergeUnify

Managing the most powerful country in the world... managing a gunshop

Which makes it the all more scary.
JohnBasedow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 JohnBasedow

[QUOTE="JohnBasedow"]I don't think it's that he's so good, it's just that Hill Clinton's a **** and Obama's basically the black mans Hitlerdreamdude

Black mans Hilter?

I know it seems extreme but I do believe he has radical black nationalist views , good speaker, intelligent, and many other things in common with Hitler
giton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 giton

I really don't know. My dad was lechuring me about how he will save America, and how the youth is retarded for supporting Obama. It was a painful hour indeed. That hour of my life has now made me discouraged about voting. CommanderShiro

Excellent. SInce you are already inclined not to vote, DON'T TOUCH THAT DIAL! Don't try to get over it. Voting only enslaves you; it will never bring you freedom. And it is an initiation of force against other people. It's immoral. Just Say NO!

JohnBasedow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JohnBasedow
[QUOTE="JohnBasedow"]I don't think it's that he's so good, it's just that Hill Clinton's a **** and Obama's basically the black mans HitlerLobster_Ear
We already have Hitler as our current president. Obama woud be a godsend in comparison.

Bush doesn't deserve the comparison...
bman784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 bman784
[QUOTE="dreamdude"]

[QUOTE="JohnBasedow"]I don't think it's that he's so good, it's just that Hill Clinton's a **** and Obama's basically the black mans HitlerJohnBasedow

Black mans Hilter?

I know it seems extreme but I do believe he has radical black nationalist views , good speaker, intelligent, and many other things in common with Hitler

"Radical black nationalist views"? How are his views "black" in any way, or do you just make the racist assumption that this is the case?
darkmoney52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 darkmoney52

[QUOTE="Lobster_Ear"][QUOTE="JohnBasedow"]I don't think it's that he's so good, it's just that Hill Clinton's a **** and Obama's basically the black mans HitlerJohnBasedow

Yeah, I really dislike Bush, but that doesn't make him comparable to Hitler.

Lobster_Ear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Lobster_Ear
[QUOTE="dreamdude"]

[QUOTE="JohnBasedow"]I don't think it's that he's so good, it's just that Hill Clinton's a **** and Obama's basically the black mans HitlerJohnBasedow

Black mans Hilter?

So, in this crazy fantasy world you live in, a president SHOULDN'T be a good speaker and SHOULDN'T be intelligent. You must love Bush then huh?
ExodusV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ExodusV2
Member since 2008 • 440 Posts
Hes been a part of the government longer than Hilary and Obama added together and then combined.
Avatar image for RenegadePatriot
RenegadePatriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 RenegadePatriot
Member since 2007 • 20815 Posts
I just see another politician.
Lobster_Ear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Lobster_Ear

[QUOTE="JohnBasedow"][QUOTE="Lobster_Ear"][QUOTE="JohnBasedow"]I don't think it's that he's so good, it's just that Hill Clinton's a **** and Obama's basically the black mans Hitlerdarkmoney52

Yeah, I really dislike Bush, but that doesn't make him comparable to Hitler.

I'm not going to spew my beliefs onto you, but if you saw Bush the way I do, you would compare him to Hitler too.
JohnBasedow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 JohnBasedow
[QUOTE="JohnBasedow"][QUOTE="dreamdude"]

[QUOTE="JohnBasedow"]I don't think it's that he's so good, it's just that Hill Clinton's a **** and Obama's basically the black mans Hitlerbman784

Black mans Hilter?

"Radical black nationalist views"? How are his views "black" in any way, or do you just make the racist assumption that this is the case?

From 'Dreams of My Father',
"I CEASED TO ADVERISE MY MOTHER'S RACE AT THE AGE OF12 OR 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites"

From Dreams of My Father,
" I FOUND A SOLACE IN NURSING A PERVASIVE SENSE OF GRIEVANCE AND ANIMOSITY AGAINST MY MOTHER'S RACE".

From 'Dreams of my Father', "The emotion between the races could never be pure..... the THE OTHER RACE (WHITE) WOULD ALWAYS REMAIN JUST THAT: MENACING, ALIEN AND APART"

From Dreams Of My Father, "never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. IT WAS INTO MY FATHER'S IMAGE , THE BLACK MAN, THE SON OF AFRICA, THAT I'D PACKED ALL THE ATTRIBUTES I SOUGHT IN MYSELF.

From Dreams Of My Father:
"THAT HATE HADN'T GONE AWAY," he wrote, BLAMING WHITE PEOPLE,- SOME CRUEL, SOME IGNORANT, sometimes a single face, sometimes just a faceless image of a system claiming power over our lives."

From Dreams Of My Father;
"There were enough of us on campus to constitute a tribe, and when it came to hanging out many of us chose to function like a tribe, staying close together, traveling in packs," he wrote. "It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, TO SHOW YOUR LOYALTY TO THE BLACK MASSES, TO STRIKE OUT, and name names"

From Dreams Of My Father,
"I had grown accustomed, everywhere, to SUSPICIONS BETWEEN THE RACES.."

Quote from Barack Obama's book, Dreams Of My Father:
"The person who made me proudest of all, though, was [half brother] Roy .. He converted to Islam."

From 'Dreams of my Father',
"In Indonesia, I had spent two years at a Muslim school"
"I studied the Koran.."

From 'Audacity of Hope:
"Lolo (Obama's step father) followed a brand of Islam ...."I looked to Lolo for guidance".

From 'The Audacity Of Hope, "
I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

From The Audacity Of Hope, "We are no longer just a Christian nation," "We are also a Jewish nation, a Muslim nation, a Buddhist nation, a Hindu nation, and a nation of nonbelievers."

source-

http://www.examiner.com/a-534540~Can_a_past_of_Islam_change_the_path_to_president_for_Obama_.html?cid=dc-article-obama

there's a little taste, you can find more if you're willing to look yourself.

bman784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 bman784
[QUOTE="bman784"][QUOTE="JohnBasedow"][QUOTE="dreamdude"]

Black mans Hilter?

"I CEASED TO ADVERISE MY MOTHER'S RACE AT THE AGE OF12 OR 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites"

" I FOUND A SOLACE IN NURSING A PERVASIVE SENSE OF GRIEVANCE AND ANIMOSITY AGAINST MY MOTHER'S RACE".

From 'Dreams of my Father', "The emotion between the races could never be pure..... the THE OTHER RACE (WHITE) WOULD ALWAYS REMAIN JUST THAT: MENACING, ALIEN AND APART"

From Dreams Of My Father, "never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. IT WAS INTO MY FATHER'S IMAGE , THE BLACK MAN, THE SON OF AFRICA, THAT I'D PACKED ALL THE ATTRIBUTES I SOUGHT IN MYSELF.

"THAT HATE HADN'T GONE AWAY," he wrote, BLAMING WHITE PEOPLE,- SOME CRUEL, SOME IGNORANT, sometimes a single face, sometimes just a faceless image of a system claiming power over our lives."

"There were enough of us on campus to constitute a tribe, and when it came to hanging out many of us chose to function like a tribe, staying close together, traveling in packs," he wrote. "It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, TO SHOW YOUR LOYALTY TO THE BLACK MASSES, TO STRIKE OUT, and name names"

"The person who made me proudest of all, though, was [half brother] Roy .. He converted to Islam."

"I studied the Koran.."

From 'Audacity of Hope:
"Lolo (Obama's step father) followed a brand of Islam ...."I looked to Lolo for guidance".

I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

From The Audacity Of Hope, "We are no longer just a Christian nation," "We are also a Jewish nation, a Muslim nation, a Buddhist nation, a Hindu nation, and a nation of nonbelievers."

source-

http://www.examiner.com/a-534540~Can_a_past_of_Islam_change_the_path_to_president_for_Obama_.html?cid=dc-article-obama

And you are citing him talking about his own race and Islam as being NEGATIVE things? Get with the times. We don't peresecute people based on their race or beliefs (which doesn't even apply since he isn't even a Muslim). And no where in those quotes does he even mention anything slightly political. As I said, get a clue. Find a better argument than petty racial and religious biases.
Quadrifoglio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#38 Quadrifoglio
Member since 2006 • 5451 Posts
Because he's old, duh! :roll::P
JohnBasedow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 JohnBasedow
I can't be certain he's still a militant muslim, black nationalist ect. but it certainly apears that as a seed he was. Surely you can see if a white candidate had said things about "his people(refering to race)"ect. like Obama did we wouldn't be having this conversation.
en-z-io

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#40 en-z-io
Member since 2004 • 3390 Posts

^^ Those are ridiculous.... Especially the last few... Stupid argument... Let me just disect one of the quotes:

"From The Audacity Of Hope, "We are no longer just a Christian nation," "We are also a Jewish nation, a Muslim nation, a Buddhist nation, a Hindu nation, and a nation of nonbelievers."

"Muslim nation" is italicized. But what the hell is that supposed to point out? That Islam is bad? He is saying that the United States isn't just a country of one people, but a country of people from several different backgrounds. We have to embrace these backgrounds and not discriminate.

JohnBasedow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 JohnBasedow
[QUOTE="JohnBasedow"][QUOTE="bman784"][QUOTE="JohnBasedow"][QUOTE="dreamdude"]

[QUOTE="JohnBasedow"]I don't think it's that he's so good, it's just that Hill Clinton's a **** and Obama's basically the black mans Hitlerbman784

Black mans Hilter?

"I studied the Koran.."

From 'Audacity of Hope:

source-

And you are citing him talking about his own race and Islam as being NEGATIVE things? Get with the times. We don't peresecute people based on their race or beliefs (which doesn't even apply since he isn't even a Muslim). And no where in those quotes does he even mention anything slightly political. As I said, get a clue. Find a better argument than petty racial and religious biases.

ok, here's his current church-
"In the 21st century, white America got a wake-up call after 9/11/01," Wright wrote in a church-affiliated magazine. "White America and the western world came to realize that people of color had not gone away, faded into the woodwork or just 'disappeared' as the Great White West kept on its merry way of ignoring black concerns."

In one of his sermons, Wright said, "Racism is how this country was founded and how this country is still run!...We [in the U.S.] believe in white supremacy and black inferiority and believe it more than we believe in God."

"We are a congregation which is unashamedly black and unapologetically Christian," says the Trinity United Church of Christ's website in Chicago. "We are an African people and remain true to our native land, the mother continent, the cradle of civilization."

That's just the beginning. The church has a "non-negotiable commitment to Africa," according to its website, and its pastor, the Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright, Jr. subscribes to what is called the Black Value System.

http://blog.americancongressfortruth.com/2008/01/07/barack-obamas-racist-and-anti-semitic-church/
bman784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 bman784
I can't be certain he's still a militant muslim, black nationalist ect. but it certainly apears that as a seed he was. Surely you can see if a white candidate had said things about "his people(refering to race)"ect. like Obama did we wouldn't be having this conversation.JohnBasedow

No, because you wouldn't be making racist assumptions. You seriously believe he's a militant Muslim? I'd step away from Fox News for a moment.
Shiggums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#43 Shiggums
Member since 2007 • 21436 Posts
[QUOTE="JohnBasedow"][QUOTE="dreamdude"]

[QUOTE="JohnBasedow"]I don't think it's that he's so good, it's just that Hill Clinton's a **** and Obama's basically the black mans HitlerLobster_Ear

Black mans Hilter?

So, in this crazy fantasy world you live in, a president SHOULDN'T be a good speaker and SHOULDN'T be intelligent. You must love Bush then huh?

wow. that's quite possibly the most cliche and ignorant statement I've ever read.

mastershake575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 mastershake575
Member since 2007 • 8574 Posts
[QUOTE="jrhawk42"]

Lobster_Ear
Yes, but is that a chance we are willing to take? Republicans had there chance with Bush. He destroyed America. The last thing we need is to be tricked into letting another dirty republican into office.

yep he sure did :roll:
Lobster_Ear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Lobster_Ear
[QUOTE="bman784"][QUOTE="JohnBasedow"][QUOTE="dreamdude"]

Black mans Hilter?

So according to you, in order to be a good president, you have to act like a stereotypical White Christian, not embrace other cultures and religion, and pretend racism and separatism doesn't exist...
JohnBasedow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 JohnBasedow
[QUOTE="JohnBasedow"]I can't be certain he's still a militant muslim, black nationalist ect. but it certainly apears that as a seed he was. Surely you can see if a white candidate had said things about "his people(refering to race)"ect. like Obama did we wouldn't be having this conversation.bman784

No, because you wouldn't be making racist assumptions. You seriously believe he's a militant Muslim? I'd step away from Fox News for a moment.

I wouldn't watch anything from that communist box.....
bman784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 bman784
ok, here's his current church-
"In the 21st century, white America got a wake-up call after 9/11/01," Wright wrote in a church-affiliated magazine. "White America and the western world came to realize that people of color had not gone away, faded into the woodwork or just 'disappeared' as the Great White West kept on its merry way of ignoring black concerns."

In one of his sermons, Wright said, "Racism is how this country was founded and how this country is still run!...We [in the U.S.] believe in white supremacy and black inferiority and believe it more than we believe in God."

"We are a congregation which is unashamedly black and unapologetically Christian," says the Trinity United Church of Christ's website in Chicago. "We are an African people and remain true to our native land, the mother continent, the cradle of civilization."

That's just the beginning. The church has a "non-negotiable commitment to Africa," according to its website, and its pastor, the Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright, Jr. subscribes to what is called the Black Value System.

http://blog.americancongressfortruth.com/2008/01/07/barack-obamas-racist-and-anti-semitic-church/JohnBasedow

Because Obama totally said those things right? Those kind of statements are a bit biased, but not even that extreme. If all you have are petty, unrelated character smears, I'd cease all argument, because you don't have one.
giton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 giton

[QUOTE="bman784"][QUOTE="JohnBasedow"]I can't be certain he's still a militant muslim, black nationalist ect. but it certainly apears that as a seed he was. Surely you can see if a white candidate had said things about "his people(refering to race)"ect. like Obama did we wouldn't be having this conversation.JohnBasedow

I wouldn't watch anything from that communist box.....

You talking about Fox News? It's more fascist than communist.

Shadow_op

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 Shadow_op
Member since 2006 • 4566 Posts
When I see him, I see a new type of mcCarthey era :|
Lobster_Ear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Lobster_Ear
[QUOTE="Lobster_Ear"][QUOTE="jrhawk42"]

mastershake575

yep he sure did :roll:

Yes. He did. You can roll your eyes all you want. Doesn't change my beliefs. Turn off Fox news and do some research.