uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58836 Posts

Hello, curious as to what coffee other people have. Instant, beans, sachets, those, tassimo disks etc..?

Usually have it plain black with instant, but I hear they put alot of garbage (including straight up dirt) into it, might change over to beans.

Feel free to list what kind of coffee you have.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34566 Posts

Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.

Never liked coffee.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 uninspiredcup  Online

@Litchie said:

Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.

That's tea.

Loading Video...

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34566 Posts

@uninspiredcup: haha nice.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

8 O'Clock and Chock Full O' Nuts

dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#6 dragonfly110
Member since 2008 • 27955 Posts

Mostly drink Passion Cat Cold Brew, my office has it on tap.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 mrbojangles25  Online
Member since 2005 • 58270 Posts

Local coffee roaster. Usually something from South America (they have a Peruvian one that's good).

Freshly ground and brewed.

Then, like the Beastie Boys, I take my sugar with coffee and cream. Yup...I never managed to like the taste of black coffee.

I drink a lot of tea, though, too. No cream no sugar there.

locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 locus-solus
Member since 2013 • 1557 Posts

Some whole dark beans that I make cold brew with.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 uninspiredcup  Online

@locus-solus said:

Notice much diff from beans compared to instant?

locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 locus-solus
Member since 2013 • 1557 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@locus-solus said:

Notice much diff from beans compared to instant?

I've never used instant coffee.

on a side note if you ever loose power you can use a mortar and pesto to grind you coffee beans.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14799 Posts

I have a Keurig (variations) every morning with one sugar, and a double cappuccino or latte in the afternoon.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23024 Posts

Like beer, I tend to buy whatever's on sale/special (although also like beer, I generally rule out the instant crystals/standard domestics when doing so). It gets me to try a lot of variety.

Right now that means I'm drinking some Ugly Mug Butter Moon coffee. It's pretty good, but I've had this one before. It's a staple of a local fundraiser that my kid participates in.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127502 Posts

Not very picky about coffee.

Instant coffee isn't as good, but is OK. Sorry if use the wrong terms here. Grind/coarse coffee through a filter or coffee pot...

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#14 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

The drink that brings families together.

Loading Video...
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I'm pretty easy-going when it goes to coffee brands.

Can't stand Tim Horton's since McDonald's bought out their supplier, and now they are refusing to give their employees paid sick leave, so I really don't have any reason to patronize their business (their food sucks too).

For ready-made fast-food coffee, McDonald's is my go-to. For at home, I've got ground Folgers for a drip maker and up until I came off of OTR I was using Juan Valdez instant from the US, best coffee I've ever had in my life, and I can't believe it's instant.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9394 Posts

I don't drink coffee anymore. It started to make me jittery. I used to buy beans, grind them to a medium-fine, then use a pour-over decanter on the stove. I add a tiny bit of milk or cream and that's it.

Now I mainly drink white tea. Steep for 5 min with boiled water let sit for a few mins to bring the temp down a bit to 90C or so. I don't add anything to my tea.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

Cheap Colombian ground coffee

buy it in bulk for the mr coffee machine, as far as buying coffee while I'm out and about, 7/11, $1 a cup

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 uninspiredcup  Online

@jeezers said:

buy it in bulk for the mr coffee machine, as far as buying coffee while I'm out and about, 7/11, $1 a cup

I do this as well, go mental when run out of coffee.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@jeezers said:

I do this as well, go mental when run out of coffee.

same, i used to be alot worst with it, liked drinking it at night while working on stuff, messed up my sleep big time, quit doing that.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mattbbpl

@foxhound_fox said:

Can't stand Tim Horton's since McDonald's bought out their supplier, and now they are refusing to give their employees paid sick leave, so I really don't have any reason to patronize their business (their food sucks too).

For ready-made fast-food coffee, McDonald's is my go-to. For at home, I've got ground Folgers for a drip maker and up until I came off of OTR I was using Juan Valdez instant from the US, best coffee I've ever had in my life, and I can't believe it's instant.

People who don't drink McDonald's coffee think I'm mental when I say it, but McDonald's has the best ready-made coffee available in our area. It just gets a bad rep because it's from a fast food joint.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#22 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

@mattbbpl said:
@foxhound_fox said:

People who don't drink McDonald's coffee think I'm mental when I say it, but McDonald's has the best ready-made coffee available in our area. It just gets a bad rep because it's from a fast food joint.

They have good quality coffee. I get it on my ride in to work every morning.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18792 Posts

@jeezers: "while I'm out and about, 7/11, $1 a cup"

How is 7/11 coffee?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 foxhound_fox

@mattbbpl said:

As an OTR truck driver, I've got to sample all sorts of different coffee all over North America. Canadian McDonald's coffee is one of the absolute best available, anywhere, for the price.

Some of the best American coffee is the brand the Simonson Station Stores in North Dakota carry (I can't remember the exact brand), they brew it properly too (strong). Boyd's out of Washington is probably the overall best over all their varieties. I used to work for a concession supply company that held exclusive distribution rights to it everywhere West of Ontario.

But now I'm trying to push coffee out of my life. I don't like how dependent I've become (I don't drink a lot, 16-20oz a day, but I "need" it to avoid a headache in the morning). I've switched to tea when I want something hot, and am doing pretty good so far. I'll still drink coffee once I break the habit, but only as a treat, rather than a requirement.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#25 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

ground coffee from a local company called Kicking Horse

I use a plastic one-cup thingy where I Just put a filter in and pour hot water over it directly into the cup. also have a french press that I use when I run out of filters but its annoying to clean.

at work, we have a fancy espresso machine where I get Americanos (espresso and hot water) and occasionally Mochas.

I typically drink 2-3 cups of coffee a day. have done so since I was like 12 years old with a few breaks here and there (and a period in University when I was probably drinking like 4-5 cups a day)

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#26 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Jarrah Italian Hazelnut Latte.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

Papa Nicholas Cinnamon Bun coffee and that shit is gooood! It's got a wonderful aroma, even when just opening the package and smelling the grind, and great taste to it.

Yes, my wife and I are very spoiled when it comes to coffee, but our local grocery carries this stuff (about 8 bucks and sometimes it's on sale) and we make a pack last for two weeks or more. At most we spend $208/year on coffee, and likely a lot less due to sales and stretching it.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts
@mattbbpl said:
@foxhound_fox said:

It's been years since I've had McDonald's coffee, like 2011, I want to say based on the job I was heading to at the time, which was before I got spoiled by the above coffee. It clearly made an impression due to how bad it was, I think I put a peppermint candy in it to make it remotely drinkable. It sounds like it's gotten a ton better though, or maybe it's just better in other areas of the country.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mattbbpl

@Serraph105: They underwent a complete coffee overhaul years ago with their McCafe branding when they wanted to get in on the Starbucks market. It's waaaay better now.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#30 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts

If I'm at home and not grabbing something from Starbucks, I just use some instant coffee (usually Nescafe). Not being a big fan of coffee taste though, I foofoo mine up with some instant cocoa.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 foxhound_fox

@Serraph105 said:

It's been years since I've had McDonald's coffee, like 2011, I want to say based on the job I was heading to at the time, which was before I got spoiled by the above coffee. It clearly made an impression due to how bad it was, I think I put a peppermint candy in it to make it remotely drinkable. It sounds like it's gotten a ton better though, or maybe it's just better in other areas of the country.

Canadian McD's coffee and US McD's coffee are different beans. I'm not a professional taster, so I couldn't tell you the source, but I can taste a distinct difference between the two (last US cup I had was in December).

US McD's coffee isn't so great but it's a big step up from most places that essentially put out hot, brown water.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#32 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3631 Posts

I been experiencing with coffee like Maxwell House, Foldgers, etc. I think the best coffee I tried is a coffee made by military vets called Black Rifle Coffee Company. Smells great and taste awesome. I highly recommend ordering them online either the K Cups or the bags.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mattbbpl

On a semi-related note, if you brew at home you should try a French press. I can't believe how much of a difference it makes.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#34 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 15983 Posts

I drink Marley coffee. My favorite is One Love which is a medium roast. Buffalo Soldier, which is a dark roast, is pretty good too.

Avatar image for deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
deactivated-60c3d23d2738e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
Member since 2009 • 3934 Posts

Nothin But Caffe Bustelo for me.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127502 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

On a semi-related note, if you brew at home you should try a French press. I can't believe how much of a difference it makes.

French press?

Anyhow at work now they close the coffee machine before 1pm... It's like some people are actively working to have our place shut down.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#37 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

Lately I drink the free coffee at work, it helps sometimes. Occasionally I'll get coffee at McDonalds or DD.

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1342 Posts

If I make it at home it’s just whatever ground coffee I like from the grocery store, if buying a cup I try to avoid franchises like Starbucks or tims, I’d rather support small cafe’s and mom and pop shops even if their coffee is a little pricier.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#39 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6082 Posts

I like Tim Horton's and McDonald's the best. I like the majority of the coffee brands/shops as I am a heavy coffee drinker and I'm addicted to caffeine.

Yes, I am a cafe junkie,more than gaming, music, women. I have problems. 😳

kriggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 kriggy
Member since 2008 • 1314 Posts

The one thing I don't do myself is grind my coffee beans other than that I typically brew dark roasted beans in my Chemex brewer. The coffee gets so strong that my urine smells like coffee and I love it 😄

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

I like coffee. Strangely I can never really tell the difference in quality coffee. Only care about keeping me awake throughout the day.

Tend to stick with Nescafe Gold or Nescafe Azera Americano

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6846 Posts

@sleepnsurf said:

Nothin But Caffe Bustelo for me.

Found the real coffee drinker!

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

Kraft Mcafe medium roast is my favorite. However when it comes to grinding or French Press or any of that other snob stuff, I tried it and I honestly can't tell a damn difference over my $15 Mr. Coffee on strong brew.

Dagubot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Dagubot
Member since 2020 • 421 Posts

I fast so when I wake up; I'll drink a cup of bustelo; black.

grungeman91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#46  Edited By grungeman91
Member since 2008 • 617 Posts

Original Donut Shop in my Kuerig maker when I'm in a hurry, Dunkin Donuts whole bean grounded up for my pour-over Bodum maker for when I want to feel fancy & put in the work and McCafe Original in my regular drip maker for guests.

Yes, I LOVE Coffee and I probably consume too much caffeine & sugar to kill a small elephant and 4 diabetics daily but I don't care.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a
deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#47 deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a
Member since 2020 • 1426 Posts

Nescafe

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6846 Posts

@dagubot: Same. I do have an afternoon cup with cream and sugar, though.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#49 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Whole bean. My favorite comes from a place called Ceremony Coffee Roasters. A coworker introduced me to it and now I can't go back.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#50 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

70% Arabica , 30 % Robusta