GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 0

#1 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

I'm a talented writer, both in terms of academic writing and creative writing. I can kinda sing, but not good enough that I'd actually call it a talent. I can work the shit out of a crowd at karaoke though: I use stage presence to make up for vocal deficiencies. I used to be a really good whistler, but my skills have gotten really rusty over the years.

What about you guys?

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23876 Posts

I am extremely good at doing maths in my head. Practically a human calculator. Even capable of multiplying with sin, cos in my head, not just well known angles either.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14799 Posts

Making potions.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GreySeal9

@Maroxad said:

I am extremely good at doing maths in my head. Practically a human calculator. Even capable of multiplying with sin, cos in my head, not just well known angles either.

I wish I had this ability.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Conning people through social engineering. I'd trade for a different talent because I don't want to be that guy. It does help me not get conned by other people though.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

I'm also pretty good at math. I'm a terrible student and I never study as much as I should, but my ability in math has basically carried me all the way here, and I'm sure it'll be enough to continue on to a Master's or PhD in Economics. I also consider myself a pretty decent debater and rational thinker, as do my piers, even if some of the users here might scoff at this claim :P

Aside from that I'm not at all bad at kickboxing and I play the guitar well enough, but neither of these are talents of mine that make me stand out as a virtuoso. They're just skills I have fun playing around with.

achilles614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 achilles614
Member since 2005 • 5310 Posts

Pretty good at pong.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58261 Posts

I'm a great cook and can brew some really good beer.

I'm also working on my BBQ skills at the moment, and so far everything has turned out really, really good. Pulled pork is da' bomb...

I think if I pursued more hobbies I'd find I'm quite talented but really all I do is work, eat (cook), sleep, and play video games. And post here too much...

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Imma talentless hack.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

nothing

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#11  Edited By 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

I used to draw well, but I think I lost that talent, so I'm a total loser.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

I'm great at manipulating people to get what I want. This started when I was young; around 5 or so. I recognized that my sister wanted whatever I wanted. So if I wanted to sit in the front seat of the car, I said ' I want the back seat!' and she'd beat me to the back seat.

I have a great memory. The credit for this can probably be given to my spatial-sequence synesthesia.

I can see things coming; whether its going to be later that day, in a week, a month or a year. No not foresight. I watch people, incidents, emotions, etc. and by working it all out in my head, I can make a pretty educated guess on how things will play out. For example, the months leading up to review time at my company, a co-worker of mine became increasingly jealous, irritated with our boss, bitchy about projects and tasks he was assigned with. At the same time, I took my assignments and tasks with a smile and put 100 percent effort into them. My co-worker kept telling me that I shouldn't be doing any of it because its not 'part of my job description'. I told him its getting close to review time and our raises are at stake. I told him that he should just do them. It could mean the difference between a good raise and a bad raise. He blew me off and I just knew once we got our evaluations, he'd lose his mind and try to spin it as an attack against me.

Review came. I got the highest eval you can get. I got a 14.2 percent raise. He got the second highest eval. He got less than 5 percent. The rest of the week he acted like I was the bad guy. Acted like I was some arrogant prick who thinks hes better than everyone. Yup, saw that coming.

Also, I'm a quick study. I usually learn things very fast.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I'd say I am a talented "Jack of all trades". I easily take to new things (fast learner) and always try to do an exemplary job when I know how it's supposed to be done. I am not a "master" of anything, besides possibly driving a truck... but that is something no one can ever truly master, since if you aren't learning something new every day, it's time to get the fvck out.

I've been through academics and am now excelling in the trades (no matter what some people might think, truck driving should be defined as a skilled trade). I haven't done it all, but I've learned a whole lot from what all I've done and it all benefits my day-to-day achievements.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@Maroxad said:

I am extremely good at doing maths in my head. I'm practically a human calculator. I'meven capable of multiplying with Sin and Cos in my head, and not just well known angles, either.

My talent is correcting other people's grammar online.

-Byshop

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#15 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@GreySeal9:

I'm really great at creative writing, drawing, and I even play piano. The only thing I'm missing is singing which pretty much died when I hit my teens. I wanna learn to become a game designer and create my own games someday! ?

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

For last 11 hours been trying to think but cant. So I have no talent. :(

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

@Byshop: I let you practice a lot on mine. :P.

fenriz275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 fenriz275
Member since 2003 • 2382 Posts

Decades ago I used to be a better than average artist but since I could never earn enough from that to pay the bills I took other work and now I'm horribly out of practice.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@skipper847 said:

@Byshop: I let you practice a lot on mine. :P.

Ha, you're fine. There are a few users on here who would drive any proofreader to the brink of insanity.

-Byshop

KEND0_KAP0NI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 KEND0_KAP0NI
Member since 2016 • 1231 Posts

Im pretty good at pointing out social bullshit.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#21  Edited By deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

@SOedipus said:

Making potions.

I need a cure disease one.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22  Edited By br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17854 Posts

I can sleep like a sonabitch.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#23  Edited By deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

Im adept at manipulating people. I'm a sociopath, so it comes naturally, heh heh. I have thai boxed, boxed, and done judo and jiu jitsu and become pretty good at them(the latter two not too well). I am also exceptional at sports betting, specifically boxing and basketball.

Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 Sweetbackhair
Member since 2007 • 2959 Posts

I'm pretty good at math, which I would hope since I got a Bachelors in Computer Engineering.

Other than that, I'd say I'm pretty good at soccer. It's been awhile since I last played, but playing it would be natural to me.

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts

I like pulling things apart and fixing them. And I've also been told many a times by different people that I am a great writer (personally, I'm my own worst critic). I also have a knack for design.

560ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 560ti
Member since 2013 • 199 Posts

Gunsmithing, Golf, Car audio, and Folkstyle wrestling

Even though there technically hobbies I consider them talents due to the vast amount of years/hours i've spend on them ( I could easily get paid to teach all four so I would say there borderline talents).

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

I've been told by many that I'm a great writer. However, it takes me forever to put my thoughts on paper. I would never want a career involving the skill, it would be far too frustrating.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By br0kenrabbit

@JangoWuzHere said:

I've been told by many that I'm a great writer. However, it takes me forever to put my thoughts on paper. I would never want a career involving the skill, it would be far too frustrating.

I knew a guy once who wrote fiction. He would just randomly pull out a notepad (this was the 90's) and jot down a quick scene and then continue with whatever he was doing. When he had a notepad full he would pull all the pages out and lay them in order, mix them up, throw a few out, and then fill in the gaps.

I also remember he didn't start at the beginning, he started in the middle. He told me one time that once you have the last half of the book done, it was easier to write the beginning half because you know how the setup has to be.

I actually ran into him a few years back and he has software now that allows him to drag parts of his script around and to keep a per-character timeline and everything. Couldn't tell you the name of it, though.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GreySeal9

@br0kenrabbit said:
@JangoWuzHere said:

I knew a guy once who wrote fiction. He would just randomly pull out a notepad (this was the 90's) and jot down a quick scene and then continue with whatever he was doing. When he had a notepad full he would pull all the pages out and lay them in order, mix them up, throw a few out, and then fill in the gaps.

I also remember he didn't start at the beginning, he started in the middle. He told me one time that once you have the last half of the book done, it was easier to write the beginning half because you know how the setup has to be.

I actually ran into him a few years back and he has software now that allows him to drag parts of his script around and to keep a per-character timeline and everything. Couldn't tell you the name of it, though.

That's actually a very interesting writing process. But it wouldn't work for me since the psychological/emotional groundwork that I lay at the beginning is what ultimately produces the events in the middle and at the end. I have to get that stuff down before the ending comes into full focus. I'd find it to hard to retroactively write the emotional/psychological stuff. His method would only work for me if my novel was pure plot. Out of curiosity, what kind of fiction did he write?

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By GreySeal9

@JangoWuzHere said:

It takes me forever to write as well and that's mostly because of fear and anxiety. To produce a lot of words, I usually drink pretty heavily to get past my defenses and then clean it up in the morning.

I have to figure out how to better write under pressure though because I'm entering an MFA creative writing program in the fall.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 br0kenrabbit

@GreySeal9 said:

That's actually a very interesting writing process. But it wouldn't work for me since the psychological/emotional groundwork that I lay at the beginning is what ultimately produces the events in the middle and at the end. I have to get that stuff down before the ending comes into full focus. I'd find it to hard to retroactively write the emotional/psychological stuff. His method would only work for me if my novel was pure plot. Out of curiosity, what kind of fiction did he write?

Detective stuff. Hard broiled or something like that?

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GreySeal9

@br0kenrabbit said:
@GreySeal9 said:

Detective stuff. Hard broiled or something like that?

Okay, that makes sense then. Detective novels typically prioritize plot above everything else.

That being said, I wish I could write detective fiction but I'm not clever enough.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts
  1. I'm adept at juggling a futbol. But, I'm not at the pro freestyle level yet. Still a long way to go.
  2. I'm pretty good at condensing a whole night's analysis of weather charts and information into a single paragraph most people can understand.
  3. I've been dormant. But, scale models and dioramas was a hobby I was deep into until someone stole my airbrush set. I'm pretty good at detailing, painting, and weathering. I may resume scale models still. I have a number of model kits in storage.
  4. I can twirl a pen around my thumb using either hand. Backward and forward with my left hand, just forward with the right hand.
  5. I'm also a good free throw (+70%) and 3-pointer shooter although my other basketball skills are merely average at best.
indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Very good Gamer, can watch movies non stop O_O

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@br0kenrabbit said:

Too funny, ROFLMAO !!!

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

I'm decent at figuring out solutions to computer problems.........God that sounds dull.

Don't know that these qualify as talents, but lately I've been pursuing more time for reading, college for a better job, and DIY projects like bookshelves that I create from other books. Sometimes projects turn into other things as well, for instance I got my girlfriend a paper marbling kit for Christmas, and the paper we used turned into backdrops for her photography.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

Staying up until sunrise

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 GreySeal9

@raugutcon said:
@br0kenrabbit said:

Too funny, ROFLMAO !!!

I've been sleeping so much this summer that I'm actually getting kind of worried about it. I think all the exhaustion that I had been bottling up through out the process of getting my MA in Lit just kind of caught up with me.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

Hmmm, not sure... most people seem to think I'm quite funny. Not sure if it's a "talent".

BattleStreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41 BattleStreak
Member since 2016 • 1763 Posts

Nothing? Yeah, pretty much nothing.

Well, I can type fast? Yes, that's a talent that with get me far in life! I'm so gifted!

But, seriously, I guess I'm pretty good with technology of all sorts, as my job is tech customer support with a couple of companies. I guess I'm okay at first person shooters and fighting games?

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Skelly34
Member since 2015 • 2353 Posts

Math.

That's literally it.

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

Writing, although I haven't had the motivation to do so in years.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#45  Edited By Jag85  Online
Member since 2005 • 19496 Posts

@Maroxad said:

I used to be able to do that back in my school/college/university days.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

I can masturbate over 10 times per day.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

This is what I wish I can do. Not gonna happen though. I only know basic ball juggling.

I can juggle the ball effortlessly with both feet and thighs, even an occasional twirl around the ball and trap the ball on my head. That's about it though. Not even close to this guy.

This guy is amazing.

Loading Video...

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

I'm a pretty damn good cook and am basically known in the neighborhood for making awesome food.

Also really good with computers. Started using them in the 80's when I was like 7 and basically self taught myself how to use/troubleshoot/modify/build/etc from an early age. This talent eventually ended guiding my career path, which is awesome, because now I get to do something I enjoy.

I'm not sure how to describe this last one...but it's similar to what plageus900 mentioned above. Basically, I have a knack for looking at all the things going on around me and, well, basically am able to accurately predict how things will unfold.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#49  Edited By MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I'm pretty good in Traditional and Mix Martial Arts. I have training in TKD, Wing Chun, JKD, Wrestling , Boxing and Kempo.

I have music talent as well, I started off as a Dj and eventually got into music studio engineering. Now, my latest interest is in videography.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23876 Posts

@Jag85 said:
@Maroxad said:

I used to be able to do that back in my school/college/university days.

Hah, nice :)

I am still in my university days. And I do fear I will lose this ability, some time after I graduate. But I must say, right now it is really useful.

I remember in the introductory maths class in college, my other peers used calculators. I didnt. Still go the top mark :D