What are your predictions for the year 2100?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Drasonak (1515 posts) -

We just keep sinking further and further. 20th century was terrible... Genocide, widespread famine, wars sprawling the entire world, surge in imperalism, etc. We're doing even worse now, what with cloning (YOU ARE NO LONGER UNIQUE), material obsession (actually started with the Baby Boomers, but it's starting to escalate beyond the arrogant hippie phase), premarrital sex, loss of family values, terrible work ethic.

Personally, I think Jesus will come back in 2034 or some time around there, 2000 years after dying on the cross, and hopefully setting us on the right path. Human innovation has pushed us away from the welcoming natural world. But, if he doesn't come back by then, I think 2100 will just be a giant computer everyone is plugged into, because that's what everyone wants, right?

Your thoughts?

#2 Posted by outworld222 (2846 posts) -

Ya it's gonna be like the movie MATRIX 2. Have you seen it? If not, go see it!!!

So it'll go down like this. We will all be hooked up to a virtual world and the only lady that would be able to help us is some lady called the Oracle.

But YOU will be the one to meet Morphius and confront the many many AGENTS.

Lucky you.

Avatar image for WolfattheDoor34
#3 Posted by WolfattheDoor34 (3278 posts) -

actually worldwide civilization is better than it ever has been and anyone who thinks otherwise is either ignorant or psychotic:)

#4 Posted by KiIIyou (27180 posts) -
When I was a boy, I came upon two nuns making love in a cave. That kinda **** won't happen in the future.
#5 Posted by wis3boi (32507 posts) -

likely will be on the doorstep of the space age I'm guessing. Cheaper more efficient travel for more people within our solar system, technologies in the home that we cannot fathom quite yet. I'm hoping society has pushed away ancient traditions and grudges to become more peaceful as well

#6 Posted by jimkabrhel (15625 posts) -

Kang and Kodos are our overlords.

#7 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (21866 posts) -

Let's see. Unless a miracle breakthrough happens, I'll be six feet under by that year.

#8 Posted by wis3boi (32507 posts) -

Let's see. Unless a miracle breakthrough happens, I'll be six feet under by that year.

jun_aka_pekto

I'd be 109. Tough, but doable :lol:

#9 Posted by ScorpionTroll (810 posts) -

In the year one million and a half mankind will be enslaved by giraffes.

#10 Posted by dragonfly110 (27738 posts) -

I'll be dead.

#11 Posted by mingmao3046 (2683 posts) -
You'll be able to save your memory onto a computer file. And it will be possible to download other peoples brains/memories/personalities
#12 Posted by Laihendi (5871 posts) -

We just keep sinking further and further. 20th century was terrible... Genocide, widespread famine, wars sprawling the entire world, surge in imperalism, etc. We're doing even worse now, what with cloning (YOU ARE NO LONGER UNIQUE), material obsession (actually started with the Baby Boomers, but it's starting to escalate beyond the arrogant hippie phase), premarrital sex, loss of family values, terrible work ethic.

Personally, I think Jesus will come back in 2034 or some time around there, 2000 years after dying on the cross, and hopefully setting us on the right path. Human innovation has pushed us away from the welcoming natural world. But, if he doesn't come back by then, I think 2100 will just be a giant computer everyone is plugged into, because that's what everyone wants, right?

Your thoughts?

Drasonak
I'm afraid that by 2100 premarital sex will be so widespread that it won't even be taboo anymore. End times are coming.
#13 Posted by Jebus213 (9903 posts) -

premarrital sex, loss of family values, terrible work ethic.

Personally, I think Jesus will come back in 2034 or some time around there, 2000 years after dying on the cross, and hopefully setting us on the right path.

Drasonak
Jesus doesn't exist. If he did, he was a cult leader.
#14 Posted by UltimoIce (3074 posts) -

[QUOTE="Drasonak"]

premarrital sex, loss of family values, terrible work ethic.

Personally, I think Jesus will come back in 2034 or some time around there, 2000 years after dying on the cross, and hopefully setting us on the right path.

Jebus213

Jesus doesn't exist. If he did, he was a cult leader.

Back when I was prominent on these boards, I never once stated what I do or don't believe, and never will on here. That being said, when it comes to beliefs I think people should always avoid speaking in absolutes. Because it's as ignorant no matter which side you're on. At least the OP stated it was his opinion.

#15 Posted by TopTierHustler (3894 posts) -

can I get some bread with that crazy?

#16 Posted by super600 (32372 posts) -

Whatever happens I will be dead by then.

#17 Posted by surrealnumber5 (23044 posts) -
unless governments find a way to kill the internet 88 years in the future is unfathomable. a damn near free bank of information for anyone who wants it has already allowed advances people 20 years ago though was impossible science fiction nonsense.
#18 Posted by gamerguru100 (12686 posts) -

What the f*ck is wrong with premarital sex? :? Not everyone is gonna get married. Some people would rather save their money and simply live together. If marriage is so great, why do half of them end in divorce? Sex is for both pleasure and procreation, not just procreation like some religious exremists like to argue.

On topic, things will either be really good or really bad. If things keep going the way they are now, it might not be too good to be human in 2100.

#19 Posted by comp_atkins (34187 posts) -

this maybe? http://www.futuretimeline.net/22ndcentury/2100-2149.htm

#20 Posted by Amster_G (4329 posts) -

We'll all look like this;

2747096.jpg2747096.jpg

2747096.jpg2747096.jpg

#21 Posted by -Sun_Tzu- (17384 posts) -
It's going to be a lot hotter. Beyond that I don't know. Maybe we'll be recovering from a nuclear holocaust.