horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

I am trying to teach someone math... Otherwise the plan is to be lazy. Maybe play Dark Souls 3 a little. Going through the first DLC atm.

What are you all up to? Anyone here been so unlucky that they got infected with COVID-19?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58896 Posts

Bunch of Studio Ghibli movies came on Netflix.

No COVID yet, could happen when this Iceland delivery comes, we can only hope.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#3 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

@horgen said:

I am trying to teach someone math... Otherwise the plan is to be lazy. Maybe play Dark Souls 3 a little. Going through the first DLC atm.

What are you all up to? Anyone here been so unlucky that they got infected with COVID-19?

I didn't bother with Dark Souls 3's DLC. I made it through the main game without breaking a controller, so I consider myself fortunate.

Work as usual. I started Lego Ninjago on Xbox One last night, so I'm looking forward to going back to that game. It's nice to just play a game and have fun without being stressed out from difficulty every now and then. I'm also going to try to finish Castlevania Season 3 on Netflix, but it hasn't really been holding my interest this season.

And COVID-19 has made its way to Denver. The city is preparing.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56061 Posts

Here in Atlanta GA, it's cold outside, it's 40 degrees below but that's because it's windy cold. Me and my fiance found out we're having a baby girl and yay, I already have an older daughter now, I'll be having 2 daughters in my lifetime, so I'll be staying at home and shop on Amazon for baby stuff.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

The huge two volume Star Wars art book by Ralph McQuarrie is supposed to arrive today, so will have a gander at that if the mailman actually comes.

Also coming are the DVDs "Janet Jackson: The Velvet Rope Tour," which I will likely watch tonight, and "Michael Jackson's Vision" (all his music videos). I hope Janet is at least 75 percent as good as Madonna was live.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 horgen  Moderator

@davillain- said:

Here in Atlanta GA, it's cold outside, it's 40 degrees below but that's because it's windy cold. Me and my fiance found out we're having a baby girl and yay, I already have an older daughter now, I'll be having 2 daughters in my lifetime, so I'll be staying at home and shop on Amazon for baby stuff.

Congrats :D :D :D

@JustPlainLucas said:
@horgen said:

I didn't bother with Dark Souls 3's DLC. I made it through the main game without breaking a controller, so I consider myself fortunate.

Work as usual. I started Lego Ninjago on Xbox One last night, so I'm looking forward to going back to that game. It's nice to just play a game and have fun without being stressed out from difficulty every now and then. I'm also going to try to finish Castlevania Season 3 on Netflix, but it hasn't really been holding my interest this season.

I have plans for doing the main game in NG+ as well. A couple of bosses will be hard. Pontiff Sulyvahn and the twin princes maybe most... I would like to take down the Nameless King as well, but that might be impossible.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#7 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

@horgen said:
@davillain- said:

Congrats :D :D :D

@JustPlainLucas said:
@horgen said:

I have plans for doing the main game in NG+ as well. A couple of bosses will be hard. Pontiff Sulyvahn and the twin princes maybe most... I would like to take down the Nameless King as well, but that might be impossible.

I have a feeling my days of Souls-like games are behind me. I still won't get Sekiro, which is marginally harder than the Dark Souls games. I don't know, I guess I just really need to be in the mood for those games again.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56061 Posts

@horgen: Awww thanks ^-^

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 horgen  Moderator

@JustPlainLucas: It took me 3 years to start Dark Souls 3... If that says anything. I got by the first boss and gave up within the hour the first time.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#10 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6085 Posts

Work and doing my taxes,not much else.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

A b.s. wedding reception for someone whom I don't find fond.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#12 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I spent the morning going through more things and throwing them out. I spent a lot of the day working on that.

I still feel conflicted at moments, but I know it's time I put this chapter of my life beyond me and move away.

I guess the sooner I rip that bandage off and start over, the better chance I have of finding a life I want while I'm still young enough.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Working. Don’t mind as I can take all the blame for being sold out of face-masks and hand sanitizer, along with a grin. People are stupid.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8770 Posts

Watching my girlfriend's son. It's not bad because he's a gamer.

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1342 Posts

Just been reading a book on Buddhism, gunna make some Philly cheese steak sandwiches for me and the girlfriend when she is off work. Debating on having some drinks downtown tonight or just stay in and put on a movie. No coronavirus here although there are cases in my region now.

amillionhp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 amillionhp
Member since 2008 • 773 Posts

@JustPlainLucas:

I'll say season 3 of Castlevania was pretty slow going if we're comparing it with the previous 2 but it was apparently interesting enough for me to finish it in two nights and i'd say the last two episodes made the dragging season worth it... (Hector is incredibly stupid).

I cant go back to Dark Souls. The third game is too linear, so it takes forever to get a character going with the weapons and spells you want. 2 isnt much less linear and 1 is too much of a step backwards in terms of mechanics.

Recently found my DS and realized i had three games i never finished for that, working on Dragonquest 9 now.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d

So, Janet was really entertaining live. She went through almost all her hits from albums Control, Rhythm Nation and Janet in two hours. I forgot how many of her songs I really like. Also, having only listened to her music, I never realized how fit and sexy she was. The audio quality was kinda mediocre. I would definitely watch this again, though.

I spent another two hours watching Michael's music videos, the first of three discs. That Michael Jackson: History on Film DVD I rented from Netflix a week ago was so bare compared to this. It's a good package.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10431 Posts

thought i'd try control by remedy on the ps4. few hours in and not got a clue what the f*ck is going on. utterly bizarre and surreal story or perhaps i'm just too stupid to keep up. performs like shit too, slow downs galore all over the place.

started black mesa too. loving it. like resident evil 2 remake makes you realise what we've lost in creative level design and game individuality in the aaa market in the past several years.

went shopping for some bits for a trip to southern italy coming up in a few weeks time then went for an italian in the evening to keep with the theme. already had to cancel one trip abroad because of corona. really don't want to cancel a second

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7223 Posts

Out for lunch then probably more yazuka 4 which is a great game. The story of these yazuka games gets even more great as I go through them.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 horgen  Moderator

@amillionhp said:

@JustPlainLucas:

I cant go back to Dark Souls. The third game is too linear, so it takes forever to get a character going with the weapons and spells you want. 2 isnt much less linear and 1 is too much of a step backwards in terms of mechanics.

That's why you got NG+ :D

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts
@ezekiel43 said:

So, Janet was really entertaining live. She went through almost all her hits from albums Control, Rhythm Nation and Janet in two hours. I forgot how many of her songs I really like. Also, having only listened to her music, I never realized how fit and sexy she was. The audio quality was kinda mediocre. I would definitely watch this again, though.

Unfortunately she always seemed overshadowed by her brother (rightfully so) and the Jackson 5. Janet was a great fit, IMO, for music in the 80's and 90's. Madonna? I always enjoyed Dick Tracy and Truth or Dare.

amillionhp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 amillionhp
Member since 2008 • 773 Posts

@horgen:

What i meant to say was DS 1 had quick shortcuts everywhere and you for the most part didnt have to do anything in any particular order. That means it was a relatively quick process to start a new character and access whatever you wanted. DS 2 and 3 didnt really allow that so quickly because progress in the game was linear and thus a lot slower. I dont have the patience to play through those two games several times over, even to try new weapons/spells, it just isnt that much fun or worth the effort. Its not something i can finish in a single day.

Its sad, especially in the case of DS 3 because that really would be the best one if it allowed the shortcuts and flexibility of DS 1.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d

@Solaryellow said:
@ezekiel43 said:

Unfortunately she always seemed overshadowed by her brother (rightfully so) and the Jackson 5. Janet was a great fit, IMO, for music in the 80's and 90's. Madonna? I always enjoyed Dick Tracy and Truth or Dare.

I've never seen Dick Tracy or Truth or Dare, but I've seen six of her concert films, including the concert tour that Truth or Dare was about, Blond Ambition, which is in my top three concerts so far. Really wish those earlier concerts got high definition releases.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

@Macutchi said:

went shopping for some bits for a trip to southern italy coming up in a few weeks time then went for an italian in the evening to keep with the theme. already had to cancel one trip abroad because of corona. really don't want to cancel a second

I know it sucks cancelling trips but you might want to reconsider. Italy is in a very tough spot regarding the Coronavirus. Whole parts of it in quarantine, public locations on lockdown. Heck, everyone arriving in my country from Italy is carefully screened for the virus.

Talk about bad timing lol.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 horgen  Moderator

@amillionhp said:

@horgen:

What i meant to say was DS 1 had quick shortcuts everywhere and you for the most part didnt have to do anything in any particular order. That means it was a relatively quick process to start a new character and access whatever you wanted. DS 2 and 3 didnt really allow that so quickly because progress in the game was linear and thus a lot slower. I dont have the patience to play through those two games several times over, even to try new weapons/spells, it just isnt that much fun or worth the effort. Its not something i can finish in a single day.

Its sad, especially in the case of DS 3 because that really would be the best one if it allowed the shortcuts and flexibility of DS 1.

You could get a lot further in the beginning by killing Emma.

But yeah it has you working through most of it to actually finish the game.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10431 Posts

@johnd13 said:
@Macutchi said:

I know it sucks cancelling trips but you might want to reconsider. Italy is in a very tough spot regarding the Coronavirus. Whole parts of it in quarantine, public locations on lockdown. Heck, everyone arriving in my country from Italy is carefully screened for the virus.

Talk about bad timing lol.

it is annoyingly bad timing. i'm less worried about getting the virus because of the "extraordinary measures" the italian government have taken practically locking down the country and that everyone will be cancelling trips, and more worried about turning up and it's a ghost town with everywhere shut. worse case scenario we get there, everything's closed and the weather's crap. then we catch the virus