What are some bad TV shows that you can't believe you watched?

#1 Edited by warmblur (2535 posts) -

Looking back what TV shows did you watch and think I can't believe I use to watch that trash. Mine started with MTV's 90's reality tv shows like the real world and road rules along with Jerry Springer. Then in the early 00's it was more reality garbage like Jackass,The Osbournes, The simple life,Viva la Bam,Pimp my ride and Cheaters.I grew to hate reality tv pretty quick it's like eating fastfood everyday for supper makes you feel like shit after awhile lol.

#2 Posted by uninspiredcup (33682 posts) -

I use to watch Lost and think it was good.

#3 Edited by Heirren (1537 posts) -

@uninspiredcup:

Lost is good.

Really well done.

#4 Edited by uninspiredcup (33682 posts) -

@heirren: With some hindsight I think only S1/2 are good. Walkabout probably the best episode as it taps perfectly into the shows appears, with a satisfying pay-off while subverting the viewers expectations of what Locke is actually like, while acting as a perfect set-up.

After these seasons, the deeper in it goes, the less interesting it becomes to the point I stopped caring, and in some cases laughed at how stereotypical some of the characters were.

Like rich people = spoilt

One of the only black guys on the show = drug runner/murderer

Sayid = Terrorist

Asian guy = Wife controlling mafia guy

Doctor = Tortured soul, who's just too god dam good it hurts

Hick = Criminal/daddy-issues

Religious guy = Crazy as shit

Ben = Misunderstood

Fat guy = Diet story-line, lazy, laid back

Scottish guy/OH PENNY = Lady And The Tramp

Mercs = Evil!

The ending especially of the series where they are in a church and a big heaven door opens up, haha. Oh god. Literally.

-

Nothing against spiritual stuff though, Battlestar Galactica used it a fair bit, but it's better written with usually satisfying pay-off than rando rando no matter how ridiculous it is. That show holds up in comparison, not just the writing but the effects. A 2004+ TV show? Incredible.

Loading Video...

#5 Posted by Litchie (24037 posts) -
@heirren said:

@uninspiredcup:

Lost is good.

Really well done.

Lost started out good. But then it started to suck balls. As cup said, season 1 and 2 were great. Complete trainwreck after that.

So I'm gonna say:

Lost - Explanation above.
Prisoner - Seriously. Why did I watch this? Why??
Star Trek: Enterprise - Currently watching this as it's the only Star Trek I haven't seen yet. It's awful.

There's probably many more..

#6 Posted by Ezekiel43 (1610 posts) -

Cops would probably piss me off if I watched it now.

#7 Posted by Heirren (1537 posts) -

@Litchie:

Disagree

Succeeds on almost all fronts.

Enterprise is underrated imo. A lot of the themes more resemble the original series which is why i like it.

#8 Posted by brimmul777 (4084 posts) -

Night Rider

Air Wolf

Dallas.... Just to name a few.

#9 Edited by HEATHEN75 (730 posts) -

Everything I grew up watching in the 80's.

A Team

Knight Rider

Manimal (detective that turned into animals)

Airwolf

Dukes of Hazzard

Enos (Dukes of Hazzard spin off)

Incredible Hulk

Automan (Tron looking guy with computer powers)

Street Hawk (Knight Rider on a motorcycle)

The Master (Lee Van Cleef as old man Ninja)

#10 Posted by DEVILinIRON (4862 posts) -

Out of this World

Too Close for Comfort

Small Wonder

#11 Posted by MirkoS77 (14236 posts) -

Breaking Bad. What was I thinking?

#12 Posted by SOedipus (11513 posts) -

@MirkoS77 said:

Breaking Bad. What was I thinking?

#13 Posted by Heirren (1537 posts) -

@MirkoS77:

Heisenberg!

#14 Posted by MirkoS77 (14236 posts) -

@SOedipus, @heirren

BITCHES!

#15 Edited by Heirren (1537 posts) -

@MirkoS77:

What?

#16 Posted by Willy105 (24836 posts) -

Who Wants To Be a Superhero

#17 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (15754 posts) -

@heathen75: Goddamn, that's a who's who of washed tv shows, and I've watched every single one of them.

My own add-on to that--Blue Thunder. Based on a not-bad Roy Sheider movie, they recycled footage from the movie and added Bubba Smith, and a pre Wayne's World Dana Carvey.

#18 Edited by TheGrat1 (4255 posts) -

Gundam Seed and Seed Destiny.

Forced myself to watch them because people kept saying they were the best of the franchise. If I was going to criticise them I was going to know what I was talking about. A real shame because the timeline had so much potential, too.

Naruto. Watched the first 100 episodes to give it a chance then dumped it.

#19 Edited by AFBrat77 (26722 posts) -

@Litchie said:
@heirren said:

@uninspiredcup:

Lost is good.

Really well done.

Lost started out good. But then it started to suck balls. As cup said, season 1 and 2 were great. Complete trainwreck after that.

So I'm gonna say:

Lost - Explanation above.

Prisoner - Seriously. Why did I watch this? Why??

Star Trek: Enterprise - Currently watching this as it's the only Star Trek I haven't seen yet. It's awful.

There's probably many more..

I really liked Enterprise Seasons 3 and 4, to me the show was improving a lot once they had a new direction in Season 3 and then under Manny Coto in Season 4. Looking back and watching it was a good show but indeed spotty in the first 2 seasons. But not nearly as bad as some people say. Thats my take. With Jolene Blalock and Linda Park I thought they had the hottest females also ;), though I suppose I shouldn't say those things in this day and age, might freak someone out.

If you haven't gotten to Season 3 I suggest hanging on until the late episodes of Season 2 (starting with Cogenitor directed by Levar Burton) and into season 3. Also most all the episodes with Andorians are good fun. Jeffrey Combs does a great job as Shran.

#20 Edited by AFBrat77 (26722 posts) -

Oh and my pick is The Walking Dead

The show has great potential but general poor writers unless someone like Michelle Maclaren writes an episode. She has written episodes of X-Files, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones (not Season 8!), Westworld, and The Walking Dead. One of the best in the business.

I keep getting fooled into believing The Walking Dead will get better but it rarely does.

#21 Posted by Morgan845 (3 posts) -

Night Rider is the bad TV Show I watch in my life.

#22 Posted by Litchie (24037 posts) -
@AFBrat77 said:

I really liked Enterprise Seasons 3 and 4, to me the show was improving a lot once they had a new direction in Season 3 and then under Manny Coto in Season 4. Looking back and watching it was a good show but indeed spotty in the first 2 seasons. But not nearly as bad as some people say. Thats my take. With Jolene Blalock and Linda Park I thought they had the hottest females also ;), though I suppose I shouldn't say those things in this day and age, might freak someone out.

If you haven't gotten to Season 3 I suggest hanging on until the late episodes of Season 2 (starting with Cogenitor directed by Levar Burton) and into season 3. Also most all the episodes with Andorians are good fun. Jeffrey Combs does a great job as Shran.

I just began season 3. Nice to hear it might pick up. Linda Park is indeed gorgeous and the Andorians are indeed funny.

#23 Posted by uninspiredcup (33682 posts) -

Speaking of Star Trek, Earth: Final Conflict started promising then just turned to shit.

Loading Video...

Andromeda was pretty bad as well. Like Firefly, but not good.

Loading Video...

#24 Posted by goodzorr (504 posts) -

I agree about Lost. First two seasons were incredible.

I can think of The OC, The Walking Dead (first couple seasons were good!), the last season of GoT.

I also never finished as I lost interest in Two and a Half Men, S.H.I.E.L.D., Once Upon a Time and The Big Bang Theory.

I stopped watching Gotham (due to wife becoming ex wife!) but I've heard very good things about that so may pick it up again soon.

#25 Posted by uninspiredcup (33682 posts) -

@goodzorr: Yea, Gotham got a really bad rep, and to a degree still does.

It still has it's moments, it's just tends to not be constant in quality, it also leans more on the camp side which tends to make fanbois blood boil.

Avatar image for clifford_sexylips
#26 Posted by Clifford_Sexylips (65 posts) -

Teen Wolf, now that I'm in my age it is cringey af.

#27 Posted by Robbie23 (367 posts) -

I thought lost was good until the end of season 3. The smoke monster mystery once revealed was really anti climatic.