What America is Built On

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by WickedChainy (319 posts) -

I don't understand why people think that America is some innocent nation, but America was build on Blood, Pain, and Hatred just like everything other nation. The current America was made over the murder of the native Americans with the hatred and pain of those that fought and hated England. I my be an Atheist, but why do all of these Christians think that America is Gods Grace to the world that is and should save everything?

#2 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (23471 posts) -

Oh well. The Euros started the whole thing when they came over....and long before the Declaration of Independence.

I don't think we're innocent. I don't care either way. I certainly don't have any guilt or bleeding heart feelings.

#3 Edited by br0kenrabbit (15220 posts) -

The Native Americans had a pretty bloody history before the white man came poking about. History is written in blood, doesn't matter where you go.

#4 Posted by alim298 (2747 posts) -

I thought it was a question and I was about to say "Oceans"...

#5 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (23471 posts) -

The Indian Wars time frame was an era of territorial expansion not just by the US, but many European powers as well, particularly in Africa.

Most people don't dwell in the past, including those Christians you're referring to. If they want to save the world, that's their perogative. They're better than someone like me who has a "F-it. Let the rest of the world kill each other" attitude.

#6 Posted by hippiesanta (10299 posts) -

Trans Fat and Cholestrol

#7 Posted by bforrester420 (3480 posts) -

The only people that believe America is an innocent nation are the ignorant and the nationalists. Christians believe there exists a mythical, supernatural father figure that created the universe in 7 days. What do you expect of them?

#8 Posted by gamerguru100 (12701 posts) -

My first thought was white supremacy.

Avatar image for DrKillByDeath84
#9 Posted by DrKillByDeath84 (357 posts) -

Rock and Roll

#10 Posted by Flubbbs (4963 posts) -

@WickedChainy said:

I don't understand why people think that America is some innocent nation, but America was build on Blood, Pain, and Hatred just like everything other nation. The current America was made over the murder of the native Americans with the hatred and pain of those that fought and hated England. I my be an Atheist, but why do all of these Christians think that America is Gods Grace to the world that is and should save everything?

indians were blood thirsty murderous savages.. for a long time the number one cause of death in America was Indian attacks. they didnt teach you that in your white guilt class?

#11 Posted by deeliman (3816 posts) -

@Flubbbs said:

@WickedChainy said:

indians were blood thirsty murderous savages.. for a long time the number one cause of death in America was Indian attacks. they didnt teach you that in your white guilt class?

And Europeans weren't?

#12 Posted by JimB (1719 posts) -

Our country made mistakes, however our country is based on freedom which many in this country want to take away from us. Most of the people that complain about this country do not know the counties history. Now that education does not want to teach cursive int schools future generations will not be able to read the original founding documents only the altered ones.

#13 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

Well just like every place else, there are dumb people in America

#14 Posted by Serraph105 (32220 posts) -

@DrKillByDeath84 said:

Rock and Roll

beat me to it.

#15 Posted by LJS9502_basic (163226 posts) -

@br0kenrabbit said:

The Native Americans had a pretty bloody history before the white man came poking about. History is written in blood, doesn't matter where you go.

Nailed it.....

#16 Posted by wis3boi (32507 posts) -

It's build on the crust, composed of soil, sediments, rock, and more.

#18 Posted by uninspiredcup (26361 posts) -

I would never speak ill of our world police.

#19 Posted by Treflis (13427 posts) -

There's not a single nation in the world that isn't built and created through bloodshed, war and oppression.

#20 Posted by BranKetra (51726 posts) -
@WickedChainy said:

America may have its shortcomings, but there are reasons why many of the best and brightest come here from all over the world to study and find a new place to call home. Our past should be remembered, sure, but dwelling on it will not bring us back to it and allow us to change anything. If we have the power to help people, we should. Giving aid to those who request it is not the same as another nation or group of nations taking the role of a crusader. Both may mean to defend peace, but the latter is often seen as an expander of dominion. As a current citizen of America, it is up to me and people like me to be greater than those who came before (not to be melodramatic).

#21 Posted by JangoWuzHere (19032 posts) -

"I don't understand why people think that America is some innocent nation"

Who said or thought this? Anyone with an 8th grade level of education would understand that are country has made aggressive choices in the past via Indians, Cold War, Vietnam, Japanese American camps, the nuclear bomb, etc.

#22 Posted by JimB (1719 posts) -

@WickedChainy:

If you don't like our history or your freedom to be an atheist I suggest you move to one of the many leftist countries in the world and try living there. Maybe their culture will be more to your liking.

#23 Edited by foxhound_fox (97096 posts) -

@br0kenrabbit said:

This. Warfare is primary part of almost any tribal group you encounter anywhere in the world.

#24 Posted by -Sun_Tzu- (17384 posts) -

@JimB said:

Our country made mistakes, however our country is based on freedom which many in this country want to take away from us. Most of the people that complain about this country do not know the counties history. Now that education does not want to teach cursive int schools future generations will not be able to read the original founding documents only the altered ones.

Ha

#25 Edited by Perfect_Blue (30629 posts) -

@-Sun_Tzu- said:

@JimB said:

Ha

He forgot to add "if you're a white, heterosexual, male, Christian".

#26 Posted by WickedChainy (319 posts) -

@JimB said:

@WickedChainy:

If you don't like our history or your freedom to be an atheist I suggest you move to one of the many leftist countries in the world and try living there. Maybe their culture will be more to your liking.

I never said I don't like America. I said I hate the people that think America is some perfect nation that is gods gift to the world. I suggest you learn how to read. kthxbye