What America is Built On

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WickedChainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By WickedChainy
Member since 2012 • 319 Posts

I don't understand why people think that America is some innocent nation, but America was build on Blood, Pain, and Hatred just like everything other nation. The current America was made over the murder of the native Americans with the hatred and pain of those that fought and hated England. I my be an Atheist, but why do all of these Christians think that America is Gods Grace to the world that is and should save everything?

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Oh well. The Euros started the whole thing when they came over....and long before the Declaration of Independence.

I don't think we're innocent. I don't care either way. I certainly don't have any guilt or bleeding heart feelings.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

The Native Americans had a pretty bloody history before the white man came poking about. History is written in blood, doesn't matter where you go.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

I thought it was a question and I was about to say "Oceans"...

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

The Indian Wars time frame was an era of territorial expansion not just by the US, but many European powers as well, particularly in Africa.

Most people don't dwell in the past, including those Christians you're referring to. If they want to save the world, that's their perogative. They're better than someone like me who has a "F-it. Let the rest of the world kill each other" attitude.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

Trans Fat and Cholestrol

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#7 bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

The only people that believe America is an innocent nation are the ignorant and the nationalists. Christians believe there exists a mythical, supernatural father figure that created the universe in 7 days. What do you expect of them?

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

My first thought was white supremacy.

Avatar image for DrKillByDeath84
DrKillByDeath84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DrKillByDeath84
Member since 2011 • 357 Posts

Rock and Roll

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

@WickedChainy said:

I don't understand why people think that America is some innocent nation, but America was build on Blood, Pain, and Hatred just like everything other nation. The current America was made over the murder of the native Americans with the hatred and pain of those that fought and hated England. I my be an Atheist, but why do all of these Christians think that America is Gods Grace to the world that is and should save everything?

indians were blood thirsty murderous savages.. for a long time the number one cause of death in America was Indian attacks. they didnt teach you that in your white guilt class?

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

@Flubbbs said:

@WickedChainy said:

indians were blood thirsty murderous savages.. for a long time the number one cause of death in America was Indian attacks. they didnt teach you that in your white guilt class?

And Europeans weren't?

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3862 Posts

Our country made mistakes, however our country is based on freedom which many in this country want to take away from us. Most of the people that complain about this country do not know the counties history. Now that education does not want to teach cursive int schools future generations will not be able to read the original founding documents only the altered ones.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Well just like every place else, there are dumb people in America

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

@DrKillByDeath84 said:

Rock and Roll

beat me to it.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@br0kenrabbit said:

The Native Americans had a pretty bloody history before the white man came poking about. History is written in blood, doesn't matter where you go.

Nailed it.....

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

It's build on the crust, composed of soil, sediments, rock, and more.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#18 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

I would never speak ill of our world police.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

There's not a single nation in the world that isn't built and created through bloodshed, war and oppression.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#20 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
@WickedChainy said:

America may have its shortcomings, but there are reasons why many of the best and brightest come here from all over the world to study and find a new place to call home. Our past should be remembered, sure, but dwelling on it will not bring us back to it and allow us to change anything. If we have the power to help people, we should. Giving aid to those who request it is not the same as another nation or group of nations taking the role of a crusader. Both may mean to defend peace, but the latter is often seen as an expander of dominion. As a current citizen of America, it is up to me and people like me to be greater than those who came before (not to be melodramatic).

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

"I don't understand why people think that America is some innocent nation"

Who said or thought this? Anyone with an 8th grade level of education would understand that are country has made aggressive choices in the past via Indians, Cold War, Vietnam, Japanese American camps, the nuclear bomb, etc.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3862 Posts

@WickedChainy:

If you don't like our history or your freedom to be an atheist I suggest you move to one of the many leftist countries in the world and try living there. Maybe their culture will be more to your liking.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@br0kenrabbit said:

This. Warfare is primary part of almost any tribal group you encounter anywhere in the world.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts

@JimB said:

Our country made mistakes, however our country is based on freedom which many in this country want to take away from us. Most of the people that complain about this country do not know the counties history. Now that education does not want to teach cursive int schools future generations will not be able to read the original founding documents only the altered ones.

Ha

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@-Sun_Tzu- said:

@JimB said:

Ha

He forgot to add "if you're a white, heterosexual, male, Christian".

WickedChainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 WickedChainy
Member since 2012 • 319 Posts

@JimB said:

@WickedChainy:

If you don't like our history or your freedom to be an atheist I suggest you move to one of the many leftist countries in the world and try living there. Maybe their culture will be more to your liking.

I never said I don't like America. I said I hate the people that think America is some perfect nation that is gods gift to the world. I suggest you learn how to read. kthxbye