Western Union, and insured money??? Please I need help!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MadMaxthe2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MadMaxthe2nd
Member since 2005 • 848 Posts

Okay, well I am doing a deal with a guy over in London, and he only wants to do Western Union Wire transfer. I am going to send a lot of hard earned money, and I want to be sure not to get scammed, so basically I am wondering, if I do not get my item will Western Union or whatever be able to refund my money? Or how exactly would that work?

Thanks!

MadMaxthe2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MadMaxthe2nd
anybody?
Axed54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Axed54
Member since 2006 • 2963 Posts
Don't do it.
MadMaxthe2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MadMaxthe2nd
Can you tell me why? I mean if i get scammed will i ever get my money back or what exactly happens? Just curious, thanks.
g-unit248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 g-unit248
Member since 2005 • 7197 Posts
i am not familiar with western union, but im pretty sure you might be able to insure it, just in case it is a scam, but i really dont know, why doesnt he do paypal?? what is the deal through? ebay?
jus2nyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 jus2nyce
Member since 2005 • 1574 Posts

If you don't recieve the item Western Union doesn't do anything, also PayPal doesn't do anything but PayPal deals with Ebay and it's feedbacks without that people would still get scammed

Ask the guy put it up for Ebay auction and make it the "Buy Now" feature

Axed54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Axed54
Member since 2006 • 2963 Posts
It's been years since I used W/U, back then they didn't cover fraud? It may be different now, I would either call W/U or go to their web-site. Check before you sent money. Maybe? They have changed.
gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
I take it this is for an ebay auction (or any online purchase). If so, don't do it. Money wires are almost always scams. You wont get your item, he'll get the money, and there's nothing you'll be able to do about it. Paypal and credit cards are the best ways to go since in both cases the money you send can be returned to you in the event of fraud (with paypal they do an investigation to determine whether or not to give you back the money, and with credit cards all you have to do is call your credit card company and order a chargeback).