Weird things you were afraid of as a kid.

• 177 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for remmbermytitans
remmbermytitans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 remmbermytitans
Member since 2005 • 7214 Posts
For me, I freaked out everytime E.T. was on. He scared the crap out of me. Also, the Cliff Hanger game from the Price is Right scared me, that singing was so weird.
harashawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 harashawn
Member since 2008 • 27620 Posts
For me, I freaked out everytime E.T. was on.remmbermytitans
I had nightmares about E.T. :?
luisen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 luisen123
Member since 2006 • 6537 Posts
I had Germophobia when I was a kid :(
RushMetallica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 RushMetallica
Member since 2007 • 4501 Posts
Closets and Rosie o'donnel, both of which I am still very afraid.
cyberdarkkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 cyberdarkkid
Member since 2007 • 16777 Posts
This guy  Also the oompa loompas, muppets, or things like that.
Tikicobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#6 Tikicobra
Member since 2009 • 2058 Posts

When I was REALLY little I was afraid of the upstairs at my grandparent's house because they told me that the "boogie man" lived up there to keep from wandering off up there.

And Michael Jackson, of course, but I'm still very afraid of him.

Zeromus1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Zeromus1337
Member since 2008 • 15955 Posts
I was scared of getting to the end of a level in Super Mario World.
Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts
I hated ice cubes because I thought the ice crystals in the center were a fuzzy bug. They scared me . . . .
fellybat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 fellybat
Member since 2008 • 114 Posts

When I was REALLY little I was afraid of the upstairs at my grandparent's house because they told me that the "boogie man" lived up there to keep from wandering off up there.

And Michael Jackson, of course, but I'm still very afraid of him.

Tikicobra
You were afraid of a beer critic?!?
trentman7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 trentman7
Member since 2007 • 2969 Posts
The dark, and E.T. I also had nightmares about.
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

I was afraid of going over bridges.

As a matter of fact, I am STILL afraid of going over bridges. To this day, every time I drive over a particularly long or high bridge, I have to try really hard not to crap my pants, pull over to the side of the road, and then cower in the fetal position until the cops come and take me away.

Neon-Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#12 Neon-Tiger
Member since 2008 • 7683 Posts
The dark.
andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts
are you afraid of the dark? intro
GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 GamerBoy53
Member since 2008 • 2666 Posts
My furnace. The on and off noises it made scared me.
cowboymonkey21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cowboymonkey21
Member since 2007 • 5297 Posts

As a matter of fact, I am STILL afraid of going over bridges. To this day, every time I drive over a particularly long or high bridge, I have to try really hard not to crap my pants, pull over to the side of the road, and then cower in the fetal position until the cops come and take me away.

MrGeezer
I was too afraid of bridges and like you still am, though not nearly as much.
cyberdarkkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 cyberdarkkid
are you afraid of the dark? introandyboiii
OMG me too, I loved that show though :P Watching that brings good old memories to me.
Sythx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Sythx
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Watching t.v. and opening preasents.:shock: !eriously! I was scared of alot of things back then:roll:. I was scared somthing scary might come on the commercials, so I wanted it muted. I was worried that somthing would be in a preasent that would scare me.:|
Curlyfrii87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Curlyfrii87
Member since 2004 • 15057 Posts

[QUOTE="andyboiii"]are you afraid of the dark? introcyberdarkkid
OMG me too, I loved that show though :P Watching that brings good old memories to me.

indeed.. same here

That intro was freaky! :shock:

gbpman630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gbpman630
Member since 2003 • 2795 Posts
I was scared of getting to the end of a level in Super Mario World.Zeromus1337
Why is that?
xCrysis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 xCrysis
Member since 2008 • 95 Posts
Umm Jack Skellington, Chucky(Childs Play), and Jurassic Park. D:
GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 GamerBoy53
Member since 2008 • 2666 Posts
I was worried that somthing would be in a preasent that would scare me.:|Sythx
Did it have anything to do with The Nightmare Before Christmas???
andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 andyboiii

[QUOTE="andyboiii"]are you afraid of the dark? introcyberdarkkid

yup good times. I remember me and my cousins would turn off all the lights to try to make it scarier :lol:

cyberdarkkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 cyberdarkkid

[QUOTE="cyberdarkkid"][QUOTE="andyboiii"]are you afraid of the dark? introandyboiii

yup good times. I remember me and my cousins would turn off all the lights to try to make it scarier :lol:

I remember it was aired at about 7:00PM right?
RiderGino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 RiderGino
Member since 2005 • 657 Posts
Jurassic Park scared the crap out of me when i was a kid, everytime it came on i would run into the next room
andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 andyboiii
I remember it was aired at about 7:00PM right?cyberdarkkid
yea I don't recall the exact time but it was around 6 or 7pm
-Twilight-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 -Twilight-
Member since 2005 • 8931 Posts
This book my fourth grade teacher read a story out of once a day. I forget the title but it was filled with stories that scared me half to death thinking it could happen to me.
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MrGeezer
[QUOTE="MrGeezer"]

cowboymonkey21

I think that it partly has to do with my fear of heights, and partly to do with my fear of drowning in the sea. Bridges are one of the few things that cobines these fears. Drive over a long bridge, and you're scared because you're basically out in the middle of the sea. And if that bridge also happens to be HIGH, now you're not ONLY out in the middle of the sea, but you're also more than 200 feet above anything denser than air. So you either picture yourself drowning in your car, or falling and getting smashed to pieces like that one Mythbusters episode about falling off of high bridges, or you picture yourself surviving the fall and getting horribly injured, and THEN drowning.

Now, one would think that thick fog would help with this fear. Because it obscures the ends of the bridge so that you can't really see how far out in the middle of the sea that you are. Or it is thick enough that you can't see the ground/sea, and you can't see just how high you are. But somehow that's even worse. Because now you're not imagining yourself falling for 200 feet before having the force of impact rip your arms off. You're not imagining falling into the sea and having to swim for a couple of miles before you reach shore. Now you're imagining yourself falling FOREVER. Now you're imagining that you don't get the hell off of that bridge, but that you will keep driving and that the brdige will NEVER end. And that eventually you'll come to the realization that you are dead, and are in Hell, and you have been condemned to drive along an endless bridge for the rest of eternity. Or fall off of an infinitely high bridge and keep falling into an infinitely deep abyss for the rest of eternity. Or more likely, never falling or drowning, but just forever driving, hoping to see the bridge and the fog come to an end. But it will never end, because you're in Hell. And what scares you is the thought of POSSIBILITIES, rather than actually seeing those possibilities become reality. More likely, the fog just never ends. You just keep on driving forever, constantly and eternally living out the one (actually two) thing that scares you the most.

THAT is what it is like to drive onto a bridge in deep heavy fog. It is like deciding to drive right into Hell. Because once you reach the highest point, and are sufficiently far from either end of the bridge, you are merely in a void which exaggerates your worst fears of being on the bridge in the first place. Suddenly it becomes an endless void. There is no land, shore, or sea, there's only you on the bridge. And once you're on it, there's no guarantee that you will EVER get off of it. Once you're on it, you might have actually BEEN on it for a zillion years. You might actually BE in Hell, and your memory of only having driven onto the bridge a few minutes ago may have only been a FALSE memory put there by Satan himself to keep you from getting too comfortable with the the reality of driving over a bridge for the rest of eternity. Any direction you look, there's only a thick fog which you cannot peer into. You are in the middle of a void which very well may be endless. And if that void DOES happen to be endless, you will be spending the rest of ETERNITY doing the absolute one thing which scares you the most.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MrGeezer

Jurassic Park scared the crap out of me when i was a kid, everytime it came on i would run into the next roomRiderGino

That's actually understandable. Jurassic Park was actually a very competently made monster movie, andit both does a great job at both building up suspense and following that suspense up with truly frightening moments.

Sure, today we generally think of it as a kid's movie. But I still concede that it was a LOT like Aliens, except that the Aliens were switched out with Dinosaurs and there was significantly less cursing.

Jurassic Park is thrilling even to this day, to me. And honestly, even though it wasn't primarily a "horror" movie (same with Aliens), it has MORE than its fair share of stuff that kids could find pants-crappingly terrifying. There's a reason why it was rated PG-13 rather than PG, and I think that has to do a lot with the idea that it really would be EXTREMELY scary for a hell of a lot of children.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#29 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I was afraid of dolls when I was little, especially in the dark. They'd look at you :shock:

Kikouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Kikouken
Member since 2006 • 15913 Posts
I was afraid of the Goosebumps tv show...
CreepingDeath_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 CreepingDeath_
Member since 2007 • 3342 Posts
The only thing I can remember being afraid of was Goosebumps. Not the books, the show.
RiderGino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 RiderGino
Member since 2005 • 657 Posts
[QUOTE="cowboymonkey21"][QUOTE="MrGeezer"]

MrGeezer

I think that it partly has to do with my fear of heights, and partly to do with my fear of drowning in the sea. Bridges are one of the few things that cobines these fears. Drive over a long bridge, and you're scared because you're basically out in the middle of the sea. And if that bridge also happens to be HIGH, now you're not ONLY out in the middle of the sea, but you're also more than 200 feet above anything denser than air. So you either picture yourself drowning in your car, or falling and getting smashed to pieces like that one Mythbusters episode about falling off of high bridges, or you picture yourself surviving the fall and getting horribly injured, and THEN drowning.

Now, one would think that thick fog would help with this fear. Because it obscures the ends of the bridge so that you can't really see how far out in the middle of the sea that you are. Or it is thick enough that you can't see the ground/sea, and you can't see just how high you are. But somehow that's even worse. Because now you're not imagining yourself falling for 200 feet before having the force of impact rip your arms off. You're not imagining falling into the sea and having to swim for a couple of miles before you reach shore. Now you're imagining yourself falling FOREVER. Now you're imagining that you don't get the hell off of that bridge, but that you will keep driving and that the brdige will NEVER end. And that eventually you'll come to the realization that you are dead, and are in Hell, and you have been condemned to drive along an endless bridge for the rest of eternity. Or fall off of an infinitely high bridge and keep falling into an infinitely deep abyss for the rest of eternity. Or more likely, never falling or drowning, but just forever driving, hoping to see the bridge and the fog come to an end. But it will never end, because you're in Hell. And what scares you is the thought of POSSIBILITIES, rather than actually seeing those possibilities become reality. More likely, the fog just never ends. You just keep on driving forever, constantly and eternally living out the one (actually two) thing that scares you the most.

THAT is what it is like to drive onto a bridge in deep heavy fog. It is like deciding to drive right into Hell. Because once you reach the highest point, and are sufficiently far from either end of the bridge, you are merely in a void which exaggerates your worst fears of being on the bridge in the first place. Suddenly it becomes an endless void. There is no land, shore, or sea, there's only you on the bridge. And once you're on it, there's no guarantee that you will EVER get off of it. Once you're on it, you might have actually BEEN on it for a zillion years. You might actually BE in Hell, and your memory of only having driven onto the bridge a few minutes ago may have only been a FALSE memory put there by Satan himself to keep you from getting too comfortable with the the reality of driving over a bridge for the rest of eternity. Any direction you look, there's only a thick fog which you cannot peer into. You are in the middle of a void which very well may be endless. And if that void DOES happen to be endless, you will be spending the rest of ETERNITY doing the absolute one thing which scares you the most.

Dude how long did it take you to think of all that?
jasperrussell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 jasperrussell
Member since 2005 • 1960 Posts
I thought you'd die if you ate dirt and at lunchtime at kindergarten I thought I got dirt in my mouth so I spent most of lunchtime washing my mouth out with water.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#34 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
My parents :shock:
euphzilla03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 euphzilla03
Member since 2007 • 395 Posts
Clowns, and Nightmares..I still have really bad ones.
firebird23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#36 firebird23
Member since 2005 • 4752 Posts
When I was a kid, the video for Land of Confusion by Genesis scared the living crap out of me.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#37 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
I'm still afraid of getting fat and it was my ultimate fear as a child that I'd stay fat.
ArmoredAshes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#38 ArmoredAshes
Member since 2005 • 4025 Posts
the dark...though it was more than liekly my own imagination i was afraid of haha
Avatar image for LieutenantFeist
LieutenantFeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 LieutenantFeist
Member since 2008 • 1529 Posts
E.T. creeped me out too
aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 aliblabla2007
Member since 2007 • 16756 Posts
Sleep paralysis. I only stopped getting scared poopless once I figured out what it actually was.
Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
Clowns and dolls.
Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts
are you afraid of the dark? introandyboiii
That GODDAMN clown statue!
Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Juggernaut140
Sleep paralysis. I only stopped getting scared poopless once I figured out what it actually was.aliblabla2007
Don't you see things while in Sleep Paralysis?
-Panjera-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 -Panjera-
Member since 2008 • 436 Posts
The garbage truck... :? Apparantly I used to run and hide in my bed whenever it came past!
aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 aliblabla2007

[QUOTE="aliblabla2007"]Sleep paralysis. I only stopped getting scared poopless once I figured out what it actually was.Juggernaut140

I hear and feel things... scary things... but I've never been in sleep paralysis with my eyes open.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#46 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
It's not weird, but I was afraid of dogs when I was really really young.
Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Juggernaut140

[QUOTE="Juggernaut140"][QUOTE="aliblabla2007"]Sleep paralysis. I only stopped getting scared poopless once I figured out what it actually was.aliblabla2007

I hear and feel things... scary things... but I've never been in sleep paralysis with my eyes open.

Oh damn, like what?
aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 aliblabla2007
[QUOTE="aliblabla2007"]

[QUOTE="Juggernaut140"] Don't you see things while in Sleep Paralysis? Juggernaut140

Oh damn, like what?

There's this one moment when I heard a woman scream in the distance, you know the "horror scream". I was scared crapless.

The first times I had it I also felt like I was descending into hell, because it felt like I was going downwards into a very hot place.

FallofAthens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 FallofAthens
Member since 2008 • 2026 Posts

MrGeezer

I'm surprised I'm not the only one. I didn't like heights and deep water when I was a kid and I still don't. Makes me feel like I'm having a panic attack when going over bridges, (due to the height and mostly water underneath them) so at best I hope to avoid going over those darn things.

Also this scream from Parasite Eve gives me chills to this day. Something with a lady trapped in this one room and you have to go save her.

Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Juggernaut140
[QUOTE="Juggernaut140"][QUOTE="aliblabla2007"]

aliblabla2007

Oh damn, like what?

There's this one moment when I heard a woman scream in the distance, you know the "horror scream". I was scared crapless.

The first times I had it I also felt like I was descending into hell, because it felt like I was going downwards into a very hot place.

I can't imagine that. Also I'm absolutely terrified of screaming.