This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ice_52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Ice_52
Member since 2008 • 261 Posts
Are the mods here really on the ball? They lock a thread about 5 year olds playing Halo after 5 post but let a thread about euthanizing mentally ill people go on forever. Doesn't that seem a little off?
gbpman630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 gbpman630
Member since 2003 • 2795 Posts
I think the 5 year olds thread was locked because it was posted in the wrong forum.
ayanami_rei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ayanami_rei
Member since 2005 • 17115 Posts
Are the mods here really on the ball? They lock a thread about 5 year olds playing Halo after 5 post but let a thread about euthanizing mentally ill people go on forever. Doesn't that seem a little off?Ice_52
Halo is a game. It belongs in The General Game Discussion board--not here. Off-Topic deals with things besides videogames.
Ice_52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ice_52

[QUOTE="Ice_52"]Are the mods here really on the ball? They lock a thread about 5 year olds playing Halo after 5 post but let a thread about euthanizing mentally ill people go on forever. Doesn't that seem a little off?ayanami_rei
Halo is a game. It belongs in The General Game Discussion board--not here. Off-Topic deals with things besides videogames.

Yeah but it wasn't about the game. It was about people playing the game

alexmurray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 alexmurray
Member since 2005 • 2665 Posts

[QUOTE="ayanami_rei"][QUOTE="Ice_52"]Are the mods here really on the ball? They lock a thread about 5 year olds playing Halo after 5 post but let a thread about euthanizing mentally ill people go on forever. Doesn't that seem a little off?Ice_52

still has too do with games

ayanami_rei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ayanami_rei

[QUOTE="ayanami_rei"][QUOTE="Ice_52"]Are the mods here really on the ball? They lock a thread about 5 year olds playing Halo after 5 post but let a thread about euthanizing mentally ill people go on forever. Doesn't that seem a little off?Ice_52

It still goes in The General Game Discussion board. Come on now. It might not deal with the game, but it still DISCUSSED about Halo.
Ice_52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ice_52
Ok, the first thread I ever posted was quite embarrasing, but it was "do you hide your video games when girls come to your place" That was related to video games, but to my knowledge, it never got locked
ayanami_rei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ayanami_rei
Ok, the first thread I ever posted was quite embarrasing, but it was "do you hide your video games when girls come to your place" That was related to video games, but to my knowledge, it never got lockedIce_52
It had the word "video games" in it. You never said anything about a CERTAIN game. He was talking about HALO. That's a certain game, which does not involve Off-Topic.
MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts
Mods are here, mods are there. Are mods everywhere? Hmm... we're mods, not gods. People report or they don't. Mods see it or they don't. Is your answer in there? Should be.
Ice_52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ice_52

Mods are here, mods are there. Are mods everywhere? Hmm... we're mods, not gods. People report or they don't. Mods see it or they don't. Is your answer in there? Should be.MAILER_DAEMON

MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MAILER_DAEMON
Think long and hard about those words... the answer shall come in time.
--00--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 --00--
Member since 2005 • 376 Posts
Mods are here, mods are there. Are mods everywhere? Hmm... we're mods, not gods. People report or they don't. Mods see it or they don't. Is your answer in there? Should be.MAILER_DAEMON
He never said "mods were gods." He also was just asking questions.
DigitalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DigitalExile
Member since 2008 • 16046 Posts
I don't know if that was supposed to be funny or not but I laughed (in my mind).
MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MAILER_DAEMON
[QUOTE="MAILER_DAEMON"]Mods are here, mods are there. Are mods everywhere? Hmm... we're mods, not gods. People report or they don't. Mods see it or they don't. Is your answer in there? Should be.--00--

Expand your mind... read not in a literal manner. An answer will come in time... or it might not.
ayanami_rei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ayanami_rei

[QUOTE="MAILER_DAEMON"]Mods are here, mods are there. Are mods everywhere? Hmm... we're mods, not gods. People report or they don't. Mods see it or they don't. Is your answer in there? Should be.--00--

But he answered the TC's question. It's right there. Just got to decipher it correctly. Might be a riddle, but the answer is right there, explaining as to why a thread such as the Halo got locked and the mental one did not. Mods do not see everything. They only see what people report. Remember that...

...Or maybe I explained too much.

Avatar image for alwayspureblood
alwayspureblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 alwayspureblood
Member since 2008 • 872 Posts

How clevarrr. I like this.