This topic is locked from further discussion.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

So what is a weird food to you ? I had for the first time in my life yesterday a Blood Orange. Seriously, these are real. It had red on the outside, and i thought it was a joke. Thought someone had colored it. When i opened it, it had a blood like color inside ! It freaked me out, but i ate it. I've had my fair share of weird foods in my life, but lately i have not. So your turn. Share a weird food you've had. Pictures if possible. Here is pictures of the blood orange, in case you think i was joking.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_orange

Avatar image for Smashbrossive50
Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Smashbrossive50
Member since 2009 • 3915 Posts

@hummer700: ahh. It's too bad ya missed the "high cholesterol" part,as an Indonesian myself,I do enjoy this..............whereas in Singapore,you are prohibited to consume/carry durian in a public transport/hotel, another prohibition is that you are not to drink wine,otherwise you disintegrate your stomach.

Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Smashbrossive50

...for a weird culinary...I don't think anything is weird,except pig's organ soup..it was surreal at first,but it'll come by (I've eaten this for lunch and dinner) damn tasty,anyone want a sample?

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LexLas

@Smashbrossive50 said:

...for a weird culinary...I don't think anything is weird,except pig's organ soup..it was surreal at first,but it'll come by (I've eaten this for lunch and dinner) damn tasty,anyone want a sample?

Oh yeah, had it, really good. Especially after a party hardy time. All boozed up, have some of this and you'll be back to norm. The one i tried the soup was red, and dam delicious pig organs.

TheFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7  Edited By TheFlush
Member since 2002 • 5965 Posts
  • Noni fruit drink - very healthy but it smells and tastes like old cheese
  • Grasshopper - deep fried in chocolate
  • Octopus tentacle - it was raw and the suction cups were chewy, I didn't like it
  • Raw horse sashimi - Delicious!
  • Raw chicken sashimi - also delicious
  • Zult - it's the insides of a boiled pigs head, mashed into a blok of meat. Kind of tasty though
  • Fugu - blowfish, highly toxic when not prepared right
  • Haggis - different kinds of meat and unrecognisable things boiled in a stomach. It was okayish.
  • Whale nuggets - tasted like chicken. I didn't know it was whale when I ate it.

These were the weirdest things I've eaten.

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

If a orange is weird to you i'd hate to see what you'd think of drunken shrimp or fried tarantulas.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LexLas

@TheFlush said:
  • Octopus tentacle - it was raw and the suction cups were chewy, I didn't like it
  • Zult - it's the insides of a boiled pigs head, mashed into a blok of meat. Kind of tasty though
  • Haggis - different kinds of meat and unrecognisable things boiled in a stomach. It was okayish.
  • Whale nuggets - tasted like chicken. I didn't know it was whale when I ate it.

Dude ! Are you for real ? Come on now. You can't be serious. are you ? Lol ..

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#10 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Define "strange"

There's a bunch of things you eat regularily in Mexico that you can consider "strange"

Deep fried crispy gut tacos are one of my favorite; montalayo: blood, heart, onion, tomato, coreander all packed in a goat's stomach ---> heavenly; menudo: bovine stomachs, excellent to cure hangovers, of course, you need a beer to increase the healing; agave worms, ant larvae ( escamoles ), brains and spinal chord, cow and pig feet; meat from the head, tongues, deep fried crispy bubbled up pig skin ( pork rind) pickled pig skin, odd fruits ? We have plenty ( I hate guayabas ).

Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Smashbrossive50

@LexLas: let him be,his stomach is on examination, and should I suggest another,it would be blodpudding,and a Filipino balut (I recall a moderator told of this..Korvus)

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44553 Posts
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Smashbrossive50

^that must be sannakji,a Korean daredevil.still no worse than ikizukuri,which is a literally live dish in Japan,another treat is that it got a very devilish glare,one mishandle..

BOOM! goes the eye...really didn't SEE that coming,and for the last..I come up with a more indecent dish(anyone remember haggling with an Icelander here,well I now realize what it is..it's called Hakarl)

Detroit222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#14 Detroit222
Member since 2005 • 5371 Posts

@LexLas said:

@TheFlush said:

Dude ! Are you for real ? Come on now. You can't be serious. are you ? Lol ..

I've tried the tentacle. It was rather chewy. Didn't like it.
Haggis - I remember trying it. It pretty much tasted like it smelled.
Chocolate covered ants - tasted like Raisinets. Not bad.

Chicken fried rattlesnake - it was very tasty.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

You haven't seen a blood orange? Are you from phucking North Korea or something?

Anyway:

Chicken: heart, throat, spleen and kidney

Pig: Fried gastrointestinal tract

Snails

fenriz275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 fenriz275
Member since 2003 • 2383 Posts

I ate one of those Doritos Locos tacos at Taco Bell. Not only weird but pretty gross as well.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#17 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

Years ago on Christmas Eve we had some weird fruit that kind of numbs the mouth for a a few minutes.

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

Balut. It's basically a developing duck embryo egg cooked by boiling, but I like eating it except for the duckling bit.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

people eat cats lizards bats and many more weird stuff in the philippines

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#20 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@lamprey263 said:
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

That stuff looks like shit.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

A blood orange constitutes weird food in your world TC? Aren't you the adventurous one.

As for me I love all kinds of variety meats which to my understanding aren't eaten in many parts of the world. If its chicken then its only the liver and heart/kidney/stomach that are considered edible here. As for cattle in general, its pretty much all edible from liver, kidney and stomach/intestines to lungs, brains, spleen and testicles. Spleen is quite the delicacy to me I absolutely love it.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LexLas

@GazaAli said:

A blood orange constitutes weird food in your world TC? Aren't you the adventurous one.

As for me I love all kinds of variety meats which to my understanding aren't eaten in many parts of the world. If its chicken then its only the liver and heart/kidney/stomach that are considered edible here. As for cattle in general, its pretty much all edible from liver, kidney and stomach/intestines to lungs, brains, spleen and testicles. Spleen is quite the delicacy to me I absolutely love it.

Me adventurous ? Lol .. If you call speeding down the highway in a 68 Camaro, at 120mph adventurous, then ok. I don't really do much other then that these days, i'm kinda older now. When i was younger i ate stuff like Deer head, or Lizzard soup, or intestines, and such. These days, it's more like pizza and burgers, spaghetti. I think the most adventurous stuff i eat these days are like Oysters man. Lol ..

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

@LexLas said:

@GazaAli said:

Me adventurous ? Lol .. If you call speeding down the highway in a 68 Camaro, at 120mph adventurous, then ok. I don't really do much other then that these days, i'm kinda older now. When i was younger i ate stuff like Deer head, or Lizzard soup, or intestines, and such. These days, it's more like pizza and burgers, spaghetti. I think the most adventurous stuff i eat these days are like Oysters man. Lol ..

I was clearly being snide :3

I'm beginning to understand how growing older can indeed affect one's uninhibited drive and audacity in general but I don't see that affecting how adventurous one is willing to be when it comes to food. Personally I don't have many options to satisfy my sense of culinary adventurousness but I still get excited whenever I stumble upon a new brand of instant noodles and jump on the chance to try it, too excited I might add..

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#24 Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

@PsychoLemons said:

Balut. It's basically a developing duck embryo egg cooked by boiling, but I like eating it except for the duckling bit.

I watched Rhett & Link eat that on the Good Mythical Morning Show.

God, I nearly barfed.

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts

Milk from a cow. If we were to drink milk from a female stranger in our own species, we definitely think that would be far more weird. But drinking it from another species. . . . perfectly normal.