Was anyone surprised by Kickass? (spoilers)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts

I had no idea of the actual premise of the film, I just expected a good laugh of a movie.

I was really surprised by the serious tone, the blood and gore. I was a little disappointed that there weren't any "laugh out loud" moments, but at the same time I really loved the mature nature of the film.

What are your thoughts?

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
Well I was kinda moaning every time Hit Girl came out and my friends tried to punch me in the face.
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts

I'd already read the graphic novel. So... no. I was surprised to find that I enjoyed the movie alot more then the GN though, it's usually the other way around.

It's also one of my favorite movies now. I cannot wait for the blu-ray.

Nerd_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Nerd_Man
Member since 2007 • 13819 Posts
I was surprised by how much I ended up loving it. It was one of those movies I had anticipated before ever seeing it, but at the same time I was very skeptical about it because I wasn't sure if it would be more than just a brainless comedy.
jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

I was surprised how good it was. I thought the movie was going to suck after seeing the trailers. Kick-Ass is is probably one of my favorite movies based off a comic.

weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts
It wasnt good
SanVanSkater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SanVanSkater
Member since 2009 • 98 Posts

I was very surprised. By its name, I thought it wouldn't be that good, but I actually ended up loving it!

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#8 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
For me there was rarely a second of maturity in that film. Having lots of blood and violence does not make a movie "mature" - it makes it the opposite sometimes. As a supposed parody I was more surprised by how much it became like the movies it wanted to spoof.
Izzymoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Izzymoney
Member since 2005 • 1192 Posts

I was totally surprised. I had heard people say it was good, but I had no idea. One of my favorite movies I have seen this year, if not my favorite. I enjoyed it more than Iron Man 2, and I know they are very different movies, but still.

nelson415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 nelson415
Member since 2007 • 1807 Posts

I was surprised how good it was. I thought the movie was going to suck after seeing the trailers. Kick-Ass is is probably one of my favorite movies based off a comic.

jasonharris48

Yeah agree

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jasonharris48

It wasnt goodweezyfb
Care to elaborate? Noy saying you're wrong on anything. I just wanted to know why you dislike the movie.

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts
For me there was rarely a second of maturity in that film. Having lots of blood and violence does not make a movie "mature" - it makes it the opposite sometimes. As a supposed parody I was more surprised by how much it became like the movies it wanted to spoof. biggest_loser
Sorry I meant to say that the mature nature was separate from the blood and gore. By mature I just meant the overall tone of the movie. I thought it was just going to be a cheap highschool comedy like Superbad or Knocked Up or whatever, but this movie was darker than I expected.
weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts

[QUOTE="weezyfb"]It wasnt goodjasonharris48

Care to elaborate? Noy saying you're wrong on anything. I just wanted to know why you dislike the movie.

Well i found it to be boring and slow towards the beginning and although it did pick up the ending was just terrible. Seriously she was wall running and machine gunning guys like no tomorrow. Im all for ridiculousness in films but that was way to much. The plot was also dodgy, only one criminal organization was affected by the so called superheros? Also the harry Osborne ending was cringe worthy
jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jasonharris48

[QUOTE="jasonharris48"]

[QUOTE="weezyfb"]It wasnt goodweezyfb

Well i found it to be boring and slow towards the beginning and although it did pick up the ending was just terrible. Seriously she was wall running and machine gunning guys like no tomorrow. Im all for ridiculousness in films but that was way to much. The plot was also dodgy, only one criminal organization was affected by the so called superheros? Also the harry Osborne ending was cringe worthy

Oh well in that case stay away from the comic.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
Disliked it. Expected a good film (based on RT and user reviews), instead all I got was shallow comic-book worship without any thought-provoking underlying theme.
Bloodaxe726

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Bloodaxe726
Member since 2007 • 7903 Posts

I was surprised at how good it actually was, I thought it would be good, but I didn't think it'd be that good.

conistant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 conistant
Member since 2008 • 2169 Posts
Started good but was disappointing.
C0SMIC_DUCK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 C0SMIC_DUCK
Member since 2009 • 144 Posts

I understand takin the name into account that it sounds pants but i acctualy though it of one of the best films i have seen this year (schl yr)

Jaguar_Shade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 Jaguar_Shade
Member since 2009 • 5822 Posts
I want my 10 dollars back.