Want to see something disgusting? PS. I love the Police.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Just amazing, I've had similar run-ins with overzealous Police officers, Even had a gun pulled on me once just for simply walking on the street after dark, not by a thug, but by the good old fashioned thin blue line.

And I'm white, can only imagine if my skin was a darker shade.

I hope someone showed this shit to a lawyer.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

The way I see it, the more violent we become and the more laws that the government creates the more harassment people will receive from law enforcement. Cops spend most their day on the defensive now so that they don't get killed that it doesn't surprise me in the least that they overreact to situations.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Hopefully you don't generalize this to others

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@dave123321 said:

I realize there are good cops out there, unfortunately it seems the vast majority are utter pricks.

It's sad it has to be that way.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@dave123321 said:

I realize there are good cops out there, unfortunately it seems the vast majority are utter pricks.

How can you possibly know this?

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@lostrib said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@dave123321 said:

Obviously I'm only speaking from my own personal experience and those I associate with, how else do you think I'd have come to such a conclusion.

Hence, why I threw seems in there. Which you seem to have overlooked.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ferrari2001

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@dave123321 said:

Can you seriously blame cops for overreacting. Look how violent things on the streets (especially in large cities) has become. If I were a cop I'd fear for my life every time I went on patrol. If you go to work every day fearing that your kids and wife will never see you again you are most likely going to overreact to a lot of situations. They harass so many people because frankly it's safer to question anyone and everyone you have even the slightest suspicion about.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#8 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@dave123321 said:

It's the other way around. Most cops are good people. You just don't notice them because well, they're just doing their jobs and not being assholes.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@ferrari2001 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@dave123321 said:

Can you seriously blame cops for overreacting. Look how violent things on the streets (especially in large cities) has become. If I were a cop I'd fear for my life every time I went on patrol. If you go to work every day fearing that your kids and wife will never see you again you are most likely going to overreact to a lot of situations. They harass so many people because frankly it's safer to question anyone and everyone you have even the slightest suspicion about.

Maybe they just need better training then, That still doesn't excuse needless use of violence and racial profiling.

My neighbor who's around 60, was thrown on the hood of a cop car over a month ago and had her wrist nearly broken from the impact for simply not opening her door in time. You should tell that to her.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lostrib

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@lostrib said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@dave123321 said:

Obviously I'm only speaking from my own personal experience and those I associate with, how else do you think I'd have come to such a conclusion.

Your conclusion is flawed

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ferrari2001

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@ferrari2001 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@dave123321 said:

Maybe they just need better training then, That still doesn't excuse needless use of violence and racial profiling.

My neighbor who's around 60, was thrown on the hood of a cop car over a month ago and had her wrist nearly broken from the impact for simply not opening her door in time. You should tell that to her.

No amount of training can get rid of the emotions you feel when you fear for your life. The violence on the streets that many of these cops patrol is simply to high. You either take the extreme approach of being a hardass or you risk getting killed. The choice seems pretty easy to me. If I were a cop and someone has to feel they are being harassed or suffer a slight injury so that I live, well so be it.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@lostrib said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@lostrib said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@dave123321 said:

how is my own personal views on the police flawed when roughly 7/10 could be considered negative.

I already said there's some good cops out there, I just haven't run into many.

I guess it's just the luck of the draw right?

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@ferrari2001 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@ferrari2001 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@dave123321 said:

No amount of training can get rid of the emotions you feel when you fear for your life. The violence on the streets that many of these cops patrol is simply to high. You either take the extreme approach of being a hardass or you risk getting killed. The choice seems pretty easy to me. If I were a cop and someone has to feel they are being harassed or suffer a slight injury so that I live, well so be it.

Did you just ignore everything I said?

good god.

You can stay safe and not nearly break a woman's arm out of cowardice. That goes for acting like an asshole as well, it's needless

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Hate the police thread. Nothing new in GameSpot.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ferrari2001

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@ferrari2001 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@ferrari2001 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@dave123321 said:

good god.

Yes I saw everything you wrote and my point still stands. Simply because cops seem overly violent or profiling doesn't mean they are bad, they are doing the wrong thing, or that they are utter pricks. Fear for ones life absolutely excuses excess violence, it's only the natural response. Also who the hell cares about your stupid 60 year old neighbor? Unless you witnessed the entire altercation how can you say that action was unwarranted?

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@ferrari2001 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@ferrari2001 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@ferrari2001 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@dave123321 said:

good god.

Yes I saw everything you wrote and my point still stands. Simply because cops seem overly violent or profiling doesn't mean they are bad, they are doing the wrong thing, or that they are utter pricks. Fear for ones life absolutely excuses excess violence, it's only the natural response. Also who the hell cares about your stupid 60 year old neighbor? Unless you witnessed the entire altercation how can you say that action was unwarranted?

Well, maybe cops that act like how I described aren't fit to be police officers, When did the job become To serve and protect themselves?

A desk job might be a bit less nervewracking, maybe hit up some anger management courses while they're at it, get some meds.

Considering she isn't a violent person and I've seen countless altercations taking place with the same Police officers in SanDiego, but it's somehow inadmissible as evidence to cops behaving rediculously. Luckily no ones dog has been shot yet.

Maybe they should have cared a bit more when dealing with my stupid 60 year old neighbor? I don't know, just a thought.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By lostrib

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@lostrib said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@lostrib said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@dave123321 said:

how is my own personal views on the police flawed when roughly 7/10 could be considered negative.

I already said there's some good cops out there, I just haven't run into many.

I guess it's just the luck of the draw right?

Because you generalized the majority of cops as "utter pricks"

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ferrari2001

@ReadingRainbow4: Dude, you've obviously never done anything that legitimately scares you. No one is fit to live everyday as if they will be taken from their loved one's permanently. Cops have families, friends, relatives just like anyone else. Who do you think they think about when they patrol the streets. They are going to do whatever it takes to get home to them at the end of the day. They don't get overly angry, they don't need meds, they are only doing what any sane individual would do if put in the same situation. If they let their guard down for a second it could mean a windows and children without a mother or father. It's better to do what is necessary then lose your life. Given your specification of police officers, there wouldn't be enough qualified individuals to guard our streets, might as well have anarchy.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@ferrari2001 said:

@ReadingRainbow4: Dude, you've obviously never done anything that legitimately scares you. No one is fit to live everyday as if they will be taken from their loved one's permanently. Cops have families, friends, relatives just like anyone else. Who do you think they think about when they patrol the streets. They are going to do whatever it takes to get home to them at the end of the day. They don't get overly angry, they don't need meds, they are only doing what any sane individual would do if put in the same situation. If they let their guard down for a second it could mean a windows and children without a mother or father. It's better to do what is necessary then lose your life. Given your specification of police officers, there wouldn't be enough qualified individuals to guard our streets, might as well have anarchy.

I had a gun pulled one me by a police officer whilst walking with my friend to the store. That sure as shit scared me.

I better go drive at 120mph through incoming traffic on the freeway, then get off the nearest exit and bash someones head in. Seeing how I'll be jusitified in that response. I mean I just endangered my life and have to get home to my family, it's Kosher right? (This is obvious sarcasm incase you can't figure that out)

You just keep running in circles with the same hoopla buddy, I get it. Cops have a dangerous job. My points still stand.

Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Meinhard1
Member since 2010 • 6790 Posts

As long as law enforcement officers are human beings -- creatures who experience fear and hate; deal with pride and personal biases; who have personal lives complete with stressors; who are prone subjective snap-judgments we'll see videos like this.

Police officers, like teachers, girlfriends, and fathers, sometimes disappoint us. Like we sometimes disappoint ourselves.

Bigboss232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Bigboss232
Member since 2006 • 4997 Posts

**** this shit I better be care full where I go in this fucked up country.

CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#22 CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts

Just another sad example of cops abusing their badges and authority to oppress minorities for no damn valid reason. Racial profiling at it's finest! Not all cops are like this, but it's a shame cops like this give em a bad rep

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178808 Posts

They were probably in a known drug area. Which means if you aren't known....cops tend to ask for ID.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

They were probably in a known drug area. Which means if you aren't known....cops tend to ask for ID.

No it's a white neighborhood you can tell by the racist comments "not said" by the officer without actually saying it. "Your kind does nothing but free load", "Your kind weaken the country", and he referred to them(blacks) as animals, criminals, etc...

He also states the neighborhood is full of nice citizens.