Walking dead shocker isn't news .. Right ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

Come one now, what can they possibly to to get more people to watch ? Another shocker, really.

I'm sorry but i gave up on this show, it just never ends, we don't know what started it, and all the best hollywood actors died. Do you guys still watch it ? You had to have had enough Zombies by now right?

The only thing that shocks me is that its still going ? Lol ..

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/walking-dead-recap-dont-just-hope-takes-121403178.html

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I gave up on this show several seasons back. its pacing was always terrible, they'd have great season openers/finales (and mid-season finales) and everything in between was boring filler.

never looked back since I stopped watching.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56214 Posts

I'm surprised that Carl lasted this long. The little idiot was always going off doing something stupid. You would think that his stupid attempt to kill Negan would have been his lesson but nooooo.

Scott Gimple:

“It will play out as we’ve seen bites play out. It’s very important to the story and to Carl’s story, and I am very focused on the fact that Carl is alive. He has some business to tend to. Yeah, it’s a one-way ticket, but I like to think that the things we see in the next episode are so important to his life, to everyone’s life.”

When he said that last night, I took it as the reason chandler wasn't on the Talking Dead was because he will probably be in the next 2 or 3 episodes and that he is still going to die. The show hasn't done a good job this season and last explaining the time frame of the show compared to reality. It's why you have viewers wondering why Maggie is still pregnant after 2 years though technically only a few weeks have passed from Glen dying to where we were last night.

Episode 6 and 7 are supposed to take place during the same day right? So Carl has only been bit for a few hours, I can see him being around for a few more episodes but ultimately he will die.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Nope stopped a while back got too long for its own good.. :P

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

I stopped after three or so episodes of this season, just lost interest. Just so much exposition that leads to nothing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

I stopped watching after the redneck couldn’t find a girl after three episodes in season 2

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

@davillain-:

Before he dies, Carl is going to successfully kill Negan, mark my words. Negan has a soft spot for Carl, sees him as the son he never had. That will be his undoing.

This show has never lived up to its potential, and now it has the lowest number of viewers since season 2. The only episode I truly liked this season was the Negan/Gabriel episode....that was a good one.

We need Better Call Saul! Hell, even Fear the Walking Dead is better these days,

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts

Like most people in this thread, I gave up watching it. I tuned in when Glenn bit the dust like the comic, but after that....meh.

The bosses at AMC only see the $$$. I wish they sort of half treated it like Breaking Bad with great story arches. It literally has turned into find others>>>settle in>>>fight, rinse and repeat.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KOD
Member since 2016 • 2754 Posts

@AFBrat77 said:

even Fear the Walking Dead is better these days,

Fears been so hit or miss. That first season, fucking amazing. It was different, had great character development and focused more on moving the story forward than bullshit. And then one half of the second season was pretty good and the other half, pretty bad. Season three i thought was pretty good altogether.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By KOD

@lonewolf604 said:

Like most people in this thread, I gave up watching it. I tuned in when Glenn bit the dust like the comic, but after that....meh.

The bosses at AMC only see the $$$. I wish they sort of half treated it like Breaking Bad with great story arches. It literally has turned into find others>>>settle in>>>fight, rinse and repeat.

I always felt BB was fairly overrated. After season 2 it relied way too much on ridiculous situations and "coincidence" in order to get Walt out of situations. The difference between the two series though is BB had a beginning and end. It was never intended to drag on as long as possible. TWD, maybe it started like that and then things changed and thats why they put Greg in power of the writing staff after season 3 (when we started to see significant changes).

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KOD

@davillain- said:

I'm surprised that Carl lasted this long. The little idiot was always going off doing something stupid. You would think that his stupid attempt to kill Negan would have been his lesson but nooooo.

There's a MASSIVE problem with Carl in the TV show.

They want to follow the comics, but for some reason want to change little things here and there. The sisters, the one that killed the other. In the comics that was a pair of brothers, the incident happened at a camping ground and while the adults were arguing about how to handle the situation, Carl picked up a gun and killed the kid. It essentially showed us that Carl was more equipped for this new world than the adults were, that adjustment was easier for him. This was a very important part of his development as a character and the tv show removed it, fundamentally changing him as a character. But at the same time they didnt change much else. Him attempting to kill Negan in the comics, made sense for that character. Negan calling him a future serial killer, made sense for that character. And in the comics we dont really see Carl make any kind of changes until... the most recent issues, which take place 3 years after all out war.

In short, the tv show broke the character.

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

I stopped caring about the show years ago. All the characters for the most part suck, and I found myself rooting for the zombies to kill them all.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11126 Posts

I may be one of the few people that still watch the show then. Don't get me wrong, I recognize that it has grown stale but after sticking with it for all these seasons I'm finishing it. :P

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

@johnd13 said:

I may be one of the few people that still watch the show then. Don't get me wrong, I recognize that it has grown stale but after sticking with it for all these seasons I'm finishing it. :P

I'm with most here gave up, but i was like you for quite some time. And that is that i started watching it like in season 3, the beginning theme of the show got me hooked, lol ..

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38683 Posts

ooh.. i want to be one of the cool kids who has stopped watching too!

sadly, nope. still watching.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

The actual saddest part is the behind the scenes story, found in a Tweet by Chandler Rigg's dad, which has since been removed, but screenshots have been circling after it.

I don't care if you love or hate TWD, but this is just awful. He loved working on the show, his character has tons of story left in the comic, and he had Gimples word that he was going to keep him on the show.

http://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2017/12/12/scott-gimple-the-walking-dead-carl-comics-/

Now Gimple is even saying that we'll still see Carl's comic book storyline in the TV show, just done with different characters. Why? Why kill the character just when they're about to start his biggests arc, and then give it to other characters who the audience won't have the same attachment to.

I love The Walking Dead. The Comic series is amazing, and for the first 4 seasons, the show was my favorite on TV. But since 5 the quality has been dropping, to the point where now it's become far too formulaic and they're so desperate to bring back ratings to what they where, they're willing to completely destroy the story it's based on hoping the people who watch it are only interested in mindless action and death's rather than the excellent story it had the potential to tell.

The sad thing is that, for a long time, I still thought it had the potential to come back. I wanted it to, as the show when it first started, helped me get through a very dark time in my life, and I wanted to see it through it's own dark spot. I wanted to see it get rid of Gimple, and bring someone in who can actually make the show relevant again, but there's no coming back from this. It doesn't matter what they do now. Carl, after the time jump that should happen at the end of this season, basically becomes the lead character, with Rick taking more of a background leadership role.

I'll know I'll watch the return, as Carl is one of my favorite characters in the comics, I want to see his final scenes in the TV show, but aside from that, I think I'll just stick with the comic from now on. Maybe if they get rid of Gimple, I'll consider giving it another go, but I don't think anyone can save it now.

RIP TWD.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AFBrat77

@kod:

I respectfully disagree, I think Breaking Bad is one of the 2 greatest dramas of all time.

I also think Better Call Saul is headed to elite status, Season 3 was fantastic. If you are a BB fan and you haven't seen it, I suggest at least seeing Seasons 2 and 3.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 KOD

@AFBrat77 said:

@kod:

I respectfully disagree, I think Breaking Bad is one of the 2 greatest dramas of all time.

I also think Better Call Saul is headed to elite status, Season 3 was fantastic. If you are a BB fan and you haven't seen it, I suggest at least seeing Seasons 2 and 3.

Better Call Saul is an amazing show so far and far superior to breaking bad. Breaking Bad's not bad, its just severely overrated for some odd reason.... i imagine because its the nerdy middle class scarface and people tend to ignore how well or properly a story is told if they like the idea. That said, i can think of at least half a dozen basic cable drama's i'd put above it, BBC would probably have a dozen or so, and have no idea how many HBO would have.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AFBrat77

@kod:

Fair enough, we have different opinions. Of all the cable shows I've seen, I'd only give The Wire a slight edge over it. Can't say that I have seen all the BBC shows, but I haven't seen any that top it....for me.

As for Better Call Saul, I wouldn't say it's better.....yet. I think it's moving there, and yes, it has potential to be at least as good. Season 3 has been as good as any of the best BB seasons. Not a bad episode in the bunch.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 KOD

@AFBrat77 said:

@kod:

Fair enough, we have different opinions. Of all the cable shows I've seen, I'd only give The Wire a slight edge over it. Can't say that I have seen all the BBC shows, but I haven't seen any that top it....for me.

As for Better Call Saul, I wouldn't say it's better.....yet. I think it's moving there, and yes, it has potential to be at least as good. Season 3 has been as good as any of the best BB seasons. Not a bad episode in the bunch.

There's some BBC shows out there that are superior to some of the best of the best HBO shows. The Fall for example is beyond perfect.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

I gave up on it for a bit after season five. Between the plodding bits of nothing during season four and the boring as all hell hospital story, I was getting pretty sick of the show. Plus, I really hated their little "everyone who has a heart has to die" theme they were trying to push around the time of Tyrese's death. I binged seasons six and seven a while back and actually really liked them. I don't know why everyone hates on Neagan so much, I really like the way the show handled him and I think season seven is probably my favorite since the governor arc. I don't have cable so I can't technically stop watching it, but I'll probably still give this season a chance. Sounds like it's been pretty decent up until now. One of the biggest problems has always been that when they try to deviate from the comics they end up either ruining a character completely or just making a boring and inconsequential story.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#22 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I stopped watching it last season. Felt like they kept playing with the same formula and it started to become very SJW-ish.

Sad to see Carl is dead though.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23  Edited By henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

I'm shocked they still make the series, given that they run out of plot devices after season four...

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

The show started to go downhill for me when they found Alexandria. It kind of got my interest again when Negan came in. I haven't even watched any of the current season.

My main problems with the show:

1) Carl. Seriously, how is this little cum stain still alive?

2) Fat people. Judging by Carl's age the Apocalypse happened like 5-7 years. There would be no more fat people.

3) Live batteries in cars. When you let your car sit for like 1-3 months the battery is dead, especially in the heat of summer. They would have to carry around jumpstart kits, which themselves have batteries, to even have a hope of jumpstarting a car.