LittleAngryDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By LittleAngryDog
Member since 2018 • 263 Posts

Could the United States be able to contain a war against China and Russia simultaneously?

Forget the support of Europe and other countries. I would like to know if in this supposed war the United States would have the technological and mainly FINANCIAL conditions to endure a war against Russia and China at the same time. No atomic bombs of course.

Todddow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By Todddow
Member since 2017 • 916 Posts

We're already in MASSIVE debt. The financial strain alone would eventually crush us. We might already have dug ourselves a hole we won't recover from.

Also, just sheer number of people, China is a giant that probably couldn't be taken down without many weapons of mass destruction.

LittleAngryDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By LittleAngryDog

@todddow said:

We're already in MASSIVE debt. The financial strain alone would eventually crush us. We might already have dug ourselves a hole we won't recover from.

Also, just sheer number of people, China is a giant that probably couldn't be taken down without many weapons of mass destruction.

China is an excellent and powerful country. Very crowded too. But it has an army a little bigger than the American army. It does not make direct comparisons and absolute parallels because it would depend on the technology used in wars and strategies. Air strikes can kill many people. That does not mean that the whole country is recruited into the military, causing the United States to face more than 1 billion people. I believe that when a good part of an army is eliminated, the respective country surrenders. The problem is if we have the technology, the contingency and the money to kill three times as many soldiers as our country. Facing Russia and China is something related to numbers and many many lost missiles. Many aircraft and ships destroyed until they reached a point of hope in victory.
LittleAngryDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By LittleAngryDog

@israelijoshua said:
@littleangrydog said:
@todddow said:

China is an excellent and powerful country. Very crowded too. But it has an army a little bigger than the American army. It does not make direct comparisons and absolute parallels because it would depend on the technology used in wars and strategies. Air strikes can kill many people. That does not mean that the whole country is recruited into the military, causing the United States to face more than 1 billion people. I believe that when a good part of an army is eliminated, the respective country surrenders. The problem is if we have the technology, the contingency and the money to kill three times as many soldiers as our country. Facing Russia and China is something related to numbers and many many lost missiles. Many aircraft and ships destroyed until they reached a point of hope in victory.

wts? u just answered ur own question

I was just thinking out loud. I want to know if my considerations are plausible. Give your opinion. Feel free.

jorzorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jorzorz
Member since 2017 • 114 Posts

@littleangrydog said:
@todddow said:

China is an excellent and powerful country. VERY CROWED too. But it has an army a little bigger than the American army. It does not make direct comparisons and absolute parallels because it would depend on the technology used in wars and strategies. Air strikes can kill many people. That does not mean that the whole country is recruited into the military, causing the United States to face more than 1 billion people. I believe that when a good part of an army is eliminated, the respective country surrenders. The problem is if we have the technology, the contingency and the money to kill three times as many soldiers as our country. Facing Russia and China is something related to numbers and many many lost missiles. Many aircraft and ships destroyed until they reached a point of hope in victory.

China is not very crowed its population density is only 151 people per km2. Its no where near the most crowed country in the world.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#9 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@littleangrydog said:

Could the United States be able to contain a war against China and Russia simultaneously?

Forget the support of Europe and other countries. I would like to know if in this supposed war the United States would have the technological and mainly FINANCIAL conditions to endure a war against Russia and China at the same time. No atomic bombs of course.

What do you think?

A war with Russia would be nuclear and so would it be if China decided to enter on the Russian side.

But a war with those 3 would be the end of the world so no one would win.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

A non-nuclear war?

Well, that rules out Russia; yeah, their military is no joke, but it is not what it used to be. They lost both the technological and numbers game when the Cold War ended. I also don't think they have the training or experience that the US or China has.

China has numbers, but I don't know where they stand on technology and training. I wager their training is pretty good given that they could afford it, but at the same time if they rely on a numbers game they might not really invest all that much into making sure their soldiers are good.

The US has cutting edge technology and spends more on their military than anyone, though a lot of that money is waste. The military has also been in conflict off and on for like 70 years, which leaves us with a lot of lessons, training, and experience.

Honestly I don't know, I want to say the US would come out on top but that would be pushing it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#11 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

I prefer to think if the protoss could take on both the zerg and terrans.

magician32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 magician32
Member since 2018 • 13 Posts

@mrbojangles25: The chances of going nuclear are slim, because it's MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction).

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@sonicare said:

I prefer to think if the protoss could take on both the zerg and terrans.

I see what you did there...

*tips hat to you sir*

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Without nukes, yes.

LittleAngryDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By LittleAngryDog

@ mrbojangles25 :

The United States is indeed a very powerful nation. I think this country would be able to face two great powers simultaneously. Being able to win or maybe even lose. But even so it is incredible how the USA is able to hit the front with 2 countries almost that of equal to equal. Just as Russia today could face the entire European Union as equals. Of course the European Union would be a bit ahead in technology and perhaps in arsenal. But despite that Russia would be a tremendous stone in the European shoe to be removed. With chances to win or even lose. The world is divided into 4 great forces and a fifth fraction which to date is not fully defined on which side it is. They are Russia, China, USA, European Union and India.

In case you do not know India was placed as the fourth largest global power. Search on google or youtube..

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@israelijoshua said:

@littleangrydog: OP u realize according to consensus historians, the USA LOST wars to far smaller and poorer countries right?.. asking would USA win or lose vs Russia + China is a jumping the gun. It's not like any country is undefeated with a perfect win percentage

This ^^

Vietnam says hi.

Deadeye-243

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Deadeye-243
Member since 2017 • 2 Posts

@littleangrydog: Maybe, maybe not either way gotta die somehow someday lol

LittleAngryDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By LittleAngryDog

@israelijoshua : These American losses to smaller countries are very relative. There are history experts who say that the war in Vietnam was not lost but delivered. This Brazilian channel explains many things about the history of the war in Vietnam. But he is Brazilian and I do not know if youtube subtitles translate the comments correctly.

Loading Video...

With regard to wars in the Middle East it is even more complex to define a victory or a loss. We usually think of wars as something we see in movies, video games or chess games. Wars are too complex interactions between nations. In a war there are several strategic modes of fighting. We know that trying to keep peace in a middle-eastern rebel country is as complex as hitting a line on a sewing needle.

We can not say that one country has won or not won a war against another where the entire people are militarized and create rebellious anarchies of invasive military resistance. I believe that the loss of a war can only be defined when a country no longer has the economic and military conditions to sustain the conflicts until the end. And this is what I believe to be complicated for countries like Russia and China. Which means that the United States would also have economic difficulties to spend a decade of war losing soldiers, ships, aircraft and ammunition daily.

As for these small countries mentioned by you, wars take place in their territory. The United States can not use its most powerful arsenal. There were very innocent and civilians in the conflicts. But in a cymetric war of large proportions with the use of advanced military arsenal in fields, oceans and relatively neutral airspace the story would be different. Japan, for example, was losing the war and the United States only had to use atomic bombs because it was testing the power of its new weapon until then.

The Japanese were so desperate that they had to throw their planes on American ships as a kind of honorable suicide, called the "kamikaze." This story that the United States lost the war to Vietnam is a myth created by communist propaganda in the 1980s and even today is spoken by less informed people. From a purely military point of view, the United States won the war because they succeeded in completing their objective of not allowing the North Vietnamese to conclude annexation with South Vietnam.

The demise some people speak of was political but not warlike. A US political decision to give up the conflict and allow Vietnam to make its own decisions with the UN. Whatever a war between the United States, China and Russia would be terrible and no one would win. I just wanted to say that I was surprised to realize how powerful the United States is and its ability to face two great nations simultaneously!

LittleAngryDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LittleAngryDog

@israelijoshua said:

@littleangrydog: well if you ask American citizens within the USA, their definition of Win vs Loss, it speaks volumes.... and no, we do not think we are invincible

I didn't say the USA is invincible.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#23  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Judging by the previous two instances of superpowers fighting each other and the resulting disregard for human life and the speed at which the countries involved build from everyday society a total war machine that would eat up every man, woman and child, I wouldn't expect there to be any winners from such a conflict. And given how surprised everyone was at the effectiveness of weaponry after a near 100 year period of smaller conflicts, I think it's clear that we would have no clue as to the effectiveness of weaponry today, and the thought of how far biochemical warfare may have advanced alone makes me shudder.

I would wager, given the general publicly known advances in science and the video's on new weaponry and the amount of control governments of developed countries around the world have gotten over their population, that a new war between supernations (no matter if you leave the rest out of it) would result in a slaughter with a scope, cruelty, speed yet longevity of devastation that we have never dared to imagine and are not prepared for in the slightest, a total disregard for citizen life of all ages and genders that would make the world wars look like an appetizer, an economic price tag higher than that of all previous wars combined and an ecological footprint that would then be governing life on Earth for the next hundreds of years, if a group of humans would live to see what's after.

Just look at autonomous weaponry, cures for viruses involving genetic makeup. The effectiveness of people using weaponry would be at an all time low relative to the science of destruction. Life would be a sidenote. I hope that all supernations realize that whatever they have is unlikely to be unique, so that we'll never have to find out.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

@Yams1980 said:

USA can't even beat the Taliban in Afghanistan. Been derping and messing around there for over 15 years. USA is great in a fast 2-3 week war, after that they run out of steam.

Russia is an awful poor and corrupt country and their people are animals but they would grind down the americans just as they did to the nazis and eventually wear them out so much that they would win.

As for China, same thing basically. Look how easily China kept Vietnam and before that North Korea going with just minimal support. If they more aggressively helped, they would have taken the entire country. And thats another war America had no idea how to win. Americans need a fast war to win they can't grind out a long war.

The only war that USA had significant impact and essential involvement in was World War 2. Since then every war they've been in has been a loss or stalemate.

China is the most dangerous enemy at the moment, they have us all fooled, the have built up a massive military and economy. Their time to strike is soon.

You can't use the war in Iraq or Afghanistan as a point when talking about fighting a conventional enemy like Russia or China. There are tons of factors that change when you go from fighting an insurgency to an actual uniformed enemy.

I also think the biggest factor is where is the war? If the U.S. is trying to invade Russia and China, yeah they're gonna have a hard time. But if China or Russia was trying to attack the US mainland? Forget about it. Impossible.

Bush_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Bush_Dog
Member since 2017 • 294 Posts

A major war between large countries without using nuke is impossible. That's why no one still starting World War 3 because nobody knows how many nuke their opponent has.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#30 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

In terms of military might:

China > America > Russia

ChildInTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ChildInTime
Member since 2018 • 12 Posts

IMO in the world war China and Russia combined would easily beat USA.

demi0227_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32 demi0227_basic
Member since 2002 • 1940 Posts

This theoretical war wouldn't happen without nukes...so really this is just a thought experiment.

If the question is "would the USA's military be able to "beat" or "win out" against china/Russia's armies?" the answer would be, of course. Our budget is STUPID huge. Much larger than those countries combined. Our technologies and hardware (11 Carriers for us, 1/2 crap ones for both China/Russia), missiles, air superiority, etc.

So...we would smash them in this thought experiment. However...could we occupy/build there? Of course not.

So it depends on what kind of "war" we are discussing. A military/military conflict, WW2 style, we would win. A takeover over time (ie Iraq/Afghan), of course we couldn't.

So people throwing in Iraq/Afghanistan/Vietnam...those are differing wars, I think, from what this talk is supposed to be.

The USA military is the single largest, bloated, force of death the world has ever seen. It's absurd.

But anyways...Nukes change the whole landscape, so we can't ignore them irl. A military strike on Russia would be catastrophic to the USA, and the world in general, because of the nuclear retaliation.

BrownMason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 BrownMason
Member since 2018 • 5 Posts

@kakashiii: Im agree with u. No winners in war

360mli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By 360mli
Member since 2009 • 339 Posts

jpisfuny

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#36 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

@childintime:

Haha, I would disagree with that, what makes you so sure of your position?

ChildInTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ChildInTime
Member since 2018 • 12 Posts
@demi0227_basic said:

If the question is "would the USA's military be able to "beat" or "win out" against china/Russia's armies?" the answer would be, of course. Our budget is STUPID huge. Much larger than those countries combined. Our technologies and hardware (11 Carriers for us, 1/2 crap ones for both China/Russia), missiles, air superiority, etc.

You forgot that Russia has super strong AAW. Plus Chinese AAW ain't shabby either. Large amount of American military aircraft would be blown away by S-500 systems if they're striking against the Russian territory.

demi0227_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 demi0227_basic
Member since 2002 • 1940 Posts

@childintime said:
@demi0227_basic said:

You forgot that Russia has super strong AAW. Plus Chinese AAW ain't shabby either. Large amount of American military aircraft would be blown away by S-500 systems if they're striking against the Russian territory.

I don't think I forgot anything...I think you are overestimating those placements.

http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/russias-s-300-s-400-s-500-vs-americas-f-35-f-22-who-wins-20095

You may find that interesting. I stand by my original statement.

Summerwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Summerwind
Member since 2018 • 4 Posts

America has the best military. It would win

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#40 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

USA would win against both if it's allowed to unleash what it has.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

guys!

the war would be nuclear and would contaminate everyone on the planet.

why are you guys talking about the cost?

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Jag85

@AFBrat77 said:

USA would win against both if it's allowed to unleash what it has.

If the USA unleashes what it has (nukes), then so will Russia and China. The result would be all three losing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#43 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

USa would win in 37 days vs. china and russia.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@littleangrydog said:

USA is part of the Five Eyes group i.e. USA, UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ronvalencia

@demi0227_basic said:
@childintime said:
@demi0227_basic said:

I don't think I forgot anything...I think you are overestimating those placements.

http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/russias-s-300-s-400-s-500-vs-americas-f-35-f-22-who-wins-20095

You may find that interesting. I stand by my original statement.

Lockheed Martin Corporation's year 2010 stealth fiber material patent

http://www.google.com/patents/US20100271253#v=onepage&q&f=false

SUMMARY OF THE INVENTION

In some aspects, embodiments disclosed herein relate to a radar absorbing composite that includes a (CNT)-infused fiber material disposed in at least a portion of a matrix material. The composite is capable of absorbing radar in a frequency range from between about 0.10 Megahertz to about 60 Gigahertz. The CNT-infused fiber material forms a first layer that reduces radar reflectance and a second layer that dissipates the energy of the absorbed radar.

LM's year 2010 stealth fiber material patent is effective from 0.1 MHz to 60 Ghz which is included all VHF, L-band, S-Band, X-band, Ku-band

P-Band – 30-100 cm (1-0.3 GHz)

L-Band – 15-30 cm (2-1 GHz)

S-Band – 8-15 cm (4-2 GHz)

C-Band – 4-8 cm (8-4 GHz)

X-Band – 2.5-4 cm (12-8 GHz)

K-Band – Ku: 1.7-2.5 cm (18-12 GHz);

Ka-Band: 0.75-1.2 cm (40-27 GHz).

Lockheed Martin reveals F-35 Lot 4 and above features carbon nanotube (CNT) reinforced polymer (CNRP) material structures

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/lockheed-martin-reveals-f-35-to-feature-nanocomposite-357223/

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ronvalencia

@childintime said:
@demi0227_basic said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN-A6PWRFno

The video shows F-35's EO-DAS capabilities with tracking/detection >1300Km range. The target was Space X's Falcon rocket.

https://news.vice.com/article/us-defense-secretary-announces-navy-can-blow-up-anything-it-wants-any-time-it-wants

A test SM missile was fired from USN Aegis ship and track/target data driven by F-35.

http://www.govexec.com/defense/2017/12/newly-revealed-experiment-shows-how-f-35-could-help-intercept-icbms/144372/

F-35's (EO-DAS) sensors can guided U.S. Navy’s anti-ballistic missile or U.S. Army’s Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) missile battery.

F-35 is a flying SAM site that doesn't need it's nose to be pointed at the target.

F-35 doubles as Aegis compatible ABM (Anti-Ballistic Missile) sensor platform with the potential to shoot down S-500's missiles.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/f-35-overwhelming-superiority-over-rafale-and-eurofighter-in-atlantic-trident.523986/

The F-35A's overwhelming superiority has been recorded in some of the most epic air combat in NATO history when the USAF fighter met for the Atlantic Trident (April 12-18), French Rafale fighters and British Eurofighter Typhoon

he score was overwhelmingly in favor of US fighters, of course, the 5th generation, but the issue for the Greek side is not how the European fighters behaved against the F-22, but against the F-35, as in six months "tired" Mirage 2000 and F-16 third generation, PA will have to face the Turkish F-35A.

Rafale and Eurofighter were destroyed by AIM-120 long before they realized there was an enemy in the shooting position.

The APG-81, the F-35 radar tracking track at distances over 230 km and locking distances of 150 km and firing at the AIM-120 firing range with the Anglo-English fighters, literally did not know "where they came from "!

They never reached distances of less than 30 km and when the English-style fighters did it, they were all destroyed!

All of this from an aircraft that was not designed as an airborne aircraft against aircraft designed as airborne aircraft (let's say Air fighting was emphasized in Rafale), but it has now shown that the 4th of the 5th generation gap is real, as it is not just the stealth features, it is also the electronic systems that give the overwhelming avant-garde.

It was impressed that neither Eurofighter's IRST system was useful, as the F-35's shots were out of range.

In the exercises, F-15E fighters took part with the Red forces and they had the same luck.

The question then is how do some people in Greece consider spending an enormous amount (1 billion initially and up to 3 billion dollars later) to upgrade old F-16s that, because they will acquire AESA radar, will be able to articulate "Dissuasive" reason against the hordes of the Turkish F-35!

When the senior Rafale and Eurofighter are presumed to "eat wildwood" from the USAF fighters, which even - and this has its significance - do not even have a complete flight envelope, as it is believed that the fighter is still evolving!

B4stl3r123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 B4stl3r123
Member since 2018 • 3 Posts

lol

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Jag85

@sonicare said:

USA would lose. So would China and Russia lose. They would just wipe each other out. Mutually Assured Destruction (MAD).

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ronvalencia

@Jag85 said:
@sonicare said:

USA would lose. So would China and Russia lose. They would just wipe each other out. Mutually Assured Destruction (MAD).

Ukraine Chernobyl's fall-out stayed in the northern hemisphere.