USA dead last in healthcare

• 128 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Compared to other developed nations, US is dead last

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Hopefully Obama can save us

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

I thought Obamacare was supposed to make health care the best in the world?

Thanks Obama.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By dave123321

@airshocker: maybe the unhampered version but partisan politics made sure to screw us in order to screw the party lines

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Better if you provide a link.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@dave123321 said:

@airshocker: maybe the unhampered version but partisan politics made sure to screw us in order to screw the party lines

I bet it would have been fine if there was actual discussion on the thing. But I doubt any governing body would have been capable of discussing such a monstrosity.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

What would you expect when our hospitals and patients are basically held hostage by the pharmaceutical companies who charge outrages prices for necessary medications that should be free, or at least very little cost. The terrible patent laws in this country are also to blame. Add on the fact that doctors are not adequately protected from lawsuits we should expect healthcare costs to continue to rise despite more people becoming insured. It just means more money in the pockets of rich pharmaceutical owners.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@Master_Live: they didn't provide any unfortunately

@airshocker: it was actually worse before, having millions of people uninsured actually made the situation worse mate. If anything it's the best thing to have happend in the last decade in the us

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jasean79

@The_Last_Ride said:

@airshocker: it was actually worse before, having millions of people uninsured actually made the situation worse mate. If anything it's the best thing to have happend in the last decade in the us

"No it's not."

Signed,

US Taxpayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@The_Last_Ride said:

No, it's really not. Forcing people who were already barely scraping by to only work 29 hours a week isn't a good thing. Lying about people being able to keep their previous health care plans isn't a good thing. Raising premiums for a lot of people isn't a good thing. Creating a system where the cost of health insurance and not healthcare is subsidized isn't a good thing.

Don't talk about Obamacare when you clearly don't have a clue about it.

SOURCE

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 The_Last_Ride

@jasean79 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

"No it's not."

Signed,

US Taxpayer

How can you say that? Everyone is insured here and healthcare is way better. Before Medicare you were screwed if you got injured or sick, or god forbid got something like cancer

Avatar image for samanthademeste
samanthademeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 samanthademeste
Member since 2010 • 1553 Posts

I wonder what the frat boys will say.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

@jasean79 said:

Holy fucking shit, that made my day! XD

You're my best friend now, whether you like it or not. :P

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jasean79

@The_Last_Ride said:

@jasean79 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

"No it's not."

Signed,

US Taxpayer

How can you say that? Everyone is insured here and healthcare is way better. Before Medicare you were screwed if you got injured or sick, or god forbid got something like cancer

That's Europe, this is America. It's like apples and oranges.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@airshocker said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

No, it's really not. Forcing people who were already barely scraping by to only work 29 hours a week isn't a good thing. Lying about people being able to keep their previous health care plans isn't a good thing. Raising premiums for a lot of people isn't a good thing. Creating a system where the cost of health insurance and not healthcare is subsidized isn't a good thing.

SOURCE

Then why do we in europe do the same? We don't have a problem with the system, americans clearly don't have a clue on how to get a functional healtcare system. Just look at Cuba or Canada, they got better healthcare than you...

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 The_Last_Ride

@jasean79: No it's not, if countries like Germany and France are able to do it, then you should be able aswell. Hell not all states have even applied Obama care like Texas

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts

@jasean79 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@jasean79 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

"No it's not."

Signed,

US Taxpayer

That's Europe, this is America. It's like apples and oranges.

lol

what a dumb thing to say

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 dave123321

@jasean79: do you understand d what those gifs mean?

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By -Sun_Tzu-

@The_Last_Ride said:

@jasean79: No it's not, if countries like Germany and France are able to do it, then you should be able aswell. Hell not all states have even applied Obama care like Texas

nah bro this is 'merica, empire of the world

our secret is that we get stronger as a nation from the rotting corpses of the uninsured

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@-Sun_Tzu- said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

nah bro this is 'merica, empire of the world

our secret is that we get stronger as a nation from the rotting corpses of the uninsured

That should be the republican motto

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jasean79

@The_Last_Ride said:

Did you read airshocker's response? Maybe you should go read it again. Might help you get a better grip on the situation we're dealing with now.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jasean79

@dave123321 said:

@jasean79: do you understand d what those gifs mean?

Yep, I understand the sarcasm of the meme.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ferrari2001

@The_Last_Ride said:

@airshocker said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

SOURCE

Then why do we in europe do the same? We don't have a problem with the system, americans clearly don't have a clue on how to get a functional healtcare system. Just look at Cuba or Canada, they got better healthcare than you...

Europeans don't do the same. Obamacare is a travesty. It isn't healthcare like other industrial nations have. It keeps the same kind of care that the country already has but requires individuals to purchase, with their own paychecks, that inferior healthcare. While at the same time forcing businesses to decrease the number of hours it's employees work, putting the burden completely on the consumer. It lowers incomes and raises costs. European healthcare markets on the other hand employee the entire population of the country to feed into the healthcare costs, balancing out the cost among individuals making the burden more manageable for individuals. Not to mention they don't have terrible pharmaceutical laws that increase the cost of vital medications. The U.S. health system is incredibly flawed, and the affordable care act, while insuring more people, does nothing to solve the underlying problems. I do believe that a type of universal healthcare is necessary in the United States, but how that can be implemented effectively, I have no idea, especially considering the power that hospitals and drug companies have over both the government and the normal consumer. Although one plus is that Americans sacrifice healthcare, but provide the world with breakthrough pharmaceuticals and treatment options that no other country has the resources to develop. Although this comes at a huge cost to the everyday individual and is attributed to the huge profits hospitals and drug companies make, which they can't really make anywhere else.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 The_Last_Ride

@jasean79 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Did you read airshocker's response? Maybe you should go read it again. Might help you get a better grip on the situation we're dealing with now.

I know the situation you're dealing with, you're in debt and borrowing from China. The conservatives refuse to increase taxes on the rich and only want to cut spending. But don't want to cut in military. Did i miss anything? Oh and the congress is the least effecient in history and there were a total of 8 fillibusters in total before Obama was elected(or something like that). The last two terms had close to 50. That should say something. Senators do what the rich tells them to vote on. Am i still wrong? Citizen United is the worst thing to ever happen your country combined with mccutcheon decision.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

Still got the best doctors and hospitals tho. Lots will come to the states because of better care.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 -Sun_Tzu-

@ferrari2001 said:

Europeans don't do the same. Obamacare is a travesty. It isn't healthcare like other industrial nations have.

Switzerland has pretty much the same model.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jasean79

@The_Last_Ride said:

@jasean79 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

I know the situation you're dealing with, you're in debt and borrowing from China. The conservatives refuse to increase taxes on the rich and only want to cut spending. But don't want to cut in military. Did i miss anything? Oh and the congress is the least effecient in history and there were a total of 8 fillibusters in total before Obama was elected(or something like that). The last two terms had close to 50. That should say something. Senators do what the rich tells them to vote on. Am i still wrong? Citizen United is the worst thing to ever happen your country combined with mccutcheon decision.

Oh so now you're a political science major too? Nice!

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ferrari2001

@killzowned24 said:

Still got the best doctors and hospitals tho. Lots will come to the states because of better care.

It's not necessarily better care, it's the fact that we can provide healing options that no other country can. This is attributed to the fact that the drug companies and hospitals make such an incredibly large profit off of the American people they are able to spend that excess money researching new treatment options that no other countries health system can afford to employ, at least to the same level the U.S. can. For normal everyday operations and check-ups that the majority of people will undergo, the United States certainly isn't better.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dave123321

I was an eco and comp sci major

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@ferrari2001: So Obama should have done nothing? IT does suck, but not it sucks less. What did you expect when all the congress did when he tried getting it passed was to block the **** out of it?

@jasean79: No, i am not. I never said i was. I know what you're country does and doesn't do (mostly).

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jasean79

@The_Last_Ride said:

@jasean79: No, i am not. I never said i was. I know what you're country does and doesn't do (mostly).

Right through reading about it. Reading about something and living it are a lot different. Come spend some time over here as a middle working class citizen and then tell me if you still feel the same about universal healthcare and our political system.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ferrari2001

@The_Last_Ride said:

@ferrari2001: So Obama should have done nothing? IT does suck, but not it sucks less. What did you expect when all the congress did when he tried getting it passed was to block the **** out of it?

That I didn't claim. Only that the ACA does nothing to fix the problem of healthcare in this country. The European model is clearly superior.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 dave123321

I can vouch for whatever the last ride has said itt

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#35 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

@airshocker said:

I thought Obamacare was supposed to make health care the best in the world?

Thanks Obama.

Ridiculous

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#36 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Maybe the US should stop subsidizing the rest of the worlds prescription drugs.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
@The_Last_Ride said:

@airshocker said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

SOURCE

Oh man, nice straw man! How about you focus on what we were just discussing instead of backtracking because you were wrong?

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#38 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

Well France is like #1...if you want their 60% income tax you too can have "free" healthcare.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 The_Last_Ride

@jasean79 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Right through reading about it. Reading about something and living it are a lot different. Come spend some time over here as a middle working class citizen and then tell me if you still feel the same about universal healthcare and our political system.

True, but i know the difference between not being able to save your arm because you can't afford it and having an arm for example.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ferrari2001
@-Sun_Tzu- said:

@ferrari2001 said:

Europeans don't do the same. Obamacare is a travesty. It isn't healthcare like other industrial nations have.

That may very well be, but Switzerland also has a population of only 8 million people and a average income of almost double that of America. A system like the ACA will obviously work vastly different in a country with such a low number of people and higher wages.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 -Sun_Tzu-

@ferrari2001 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

That I didn't claim. Only that the ACA does nothing to fix the problem of healthcare in this country. The European model is clearly superior.

There is no "European model" aside from a guarantee in every European country, every citizen will have health care. How each of these countries go about doing that differs greatly. To repeat, the US health care system as it stands today with Obamacare is pretty much the same model as in Switzerland.

There is no "the problem" of health care in this country. There is a laundry list of problems. The ACA did fix one of the more egregious problems associated with our health care system, that being that there were tens of millions of people in this country who didn't have health insurance, and of those people, tens of thousands of them were dying every year because of that lack of insurance.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 The_Last_Ride

@airshocker: You can't blame that on Obama for companies that barely pay minimum wage for being sleazy... These big companies make billions like Walmart and the employes have to live on foodstamps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
@The_Last_Ride said:

@airshocker said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

SOURCE

I can certainly blame Obama for what his law did. Before his law part-time employees could work as many hours as their employers wanted to give them. After ObamaCare they're capped at 29 hours.

Stay focused, buddy. I know it's hard. But you can do it!

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 The_Last_Ride

@airshocker: Then why did congress water it down this much hmm? Conservatives have crapped on this since day 1, stay focused dude. I know you can't be this ignorant ;)

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ferrari2001

@-Sun_Tzu- said:

@ferrari2001 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

There is no "the problem" of health care in this country. There is a laundry list of problems. The ACA did fix one of the more egregious problems associated with our health care system, that being that there were tens of millions of people in this country who didn't have health insurance, and of those people, tens of thousands of them were dying every year because of that lack of insurance.

Except the fact that the CBO still predicts that by 2023, 30 million people will still be uninsured. It doesn't really fix the problem of people being uninsured. Sure more people are still insured, but 30 million individuals lacking healthcare a decade after the passing of the ACA is still troubling.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 The_Last_Ride

@ferrari2001: If the states would actually implement it, then i don't think it would be a problem

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 -Sun_Tzu-

@ferrari2001 said:
@-Sun_Tzu- said:

@ferrari2001 said:

That may very well be, but Switzerland also has a population of only 8 million people and a average income of almost double that of America. A system like the ACA will obviously work vastly different in a country with such a low number of people and higher wages.

If it's obvious shouldn't be too hard for you to prove it then.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ferrari2001

@-Sun_Tzu- said:

@ferrari2001 said:
@-Sun_Tzu- said:

@ferrari2001 said:

If it's obvious shouldn't be too hard for you to prove it then.

pretty sure the CBO has proven it for me. It works in Switzerland, it isn't working here, at least in the next decade. The last thing I thought would happen would be me of all people defending a single payer system.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 The_Last_Ride

@airshocker: Also why are 7/10 happy with Obamacare?

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#50 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

and yet they spend the most on it.

Economic liberty!