US General says raiding Syria is key to the stop of Al Qaeda

  • 51 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for seahorse123
#1 Posted by seahorse123 (1237 posts) -

WASHINGTON: The Islamic State in Iraq and Syria cannot be defeated unless the United States or its partners take on the Sunni militants in Syria, the chairman of the joint chiefs of Staff said Thursday.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/middle-east/US-general-says-raiding-Syria-is-key-to-halting-ISIS/articleshow/40667245.cms

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
#3 Edited by YearoftheSnake5 (9116 posts) -

The middle east is a mess that we don't need to be getting our hands in.

Avatar image for SapSacPrime
#5 Posted by SapSacPrime (8925 posts) -

Well I'm sure he knows whats best, afterall removing Saddam's evil regime has worked wonder's for the people of Iraq.

Avatar image for seahorse123
#6 Edited by seahorse123 (1237 posts) -

@Motokid6: ISIS is Al Qaeda btw just to confirm that for everyone. Al Qaeda has made an Islamic state.

Avatar image for seahorse123
#7 Posted by seahorse123 (1237 posts) -

@YearoftheSnake5: We got involved in it all in 1979 by the CIA funding Bin Laden's terrorist network using taxpayers money.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
#8 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (9116 posts) -

@seahorse123 said:

We got involved in it all in 1979 by the CIA funding Bin Laden's terrorist network using taxpayers money.

Bin Laden wasn't running the show at first when the Afghans were fighting the Soviets, but yes, we got all involved in that with taxpayer money. Prior to that, we got involved with overthrowing Iran's government. We don't need to be getting our hands in that area. It's a messy, fragile, cash burn.

Avatar image for softwaregeek
#9 Edited by SoftwareGeek (573 posts) -

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

@seahorse123 said:

We got involved in it all in 1979 by the CIA funding Bin Laden's terrorist network using taxpayers money.

Bin Laden wasn't running the show at first when the Afghans were fighting the Soviets, but yes, we got all involved in that with taxpayer money. Prior to that, we got involved with overthrowing Iran's government. We don't need to be getting our hands in that area. It's a messy, fragile, cash burn.

Preach it! They gotta learn to fight their own battles over there.

Avatar image for seahorse123
#10 Posted by seahorse123 (1237 posts) -

@YearoftheSnake5: But our so called 'government' and the puppet masters above it will exploit this situation to their advantage as they always do.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
#11 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (9116 posts) -

@seahorse123 said:

But our so called 'government' and the puppet masters above it will exploit this situation to their advantage as they always do.

That's irrelevant to my opinion. I don't believe we need to be over there. That belief isn't necessarily shared with representatives and the government might go in anyway.

Avatar image for Strakha
#12 Edited by Strakha (1824 posts) -

The ISIS didn't come from nowhere to have the training and combat experience to be able to take over large parts of Syria and Iraq. Back when they were part of the Syrian rebels taking on Assad they got US money, weapons and training. Reports of their behaviour back then were just as concerning as they are today for anyone paying attention but it got written off as pro-Assad propaganda or simply ignored. The better solution would be to stop funding Islamic rebels and let the more moderate and secular forces in the mid east take care of them.

Avatar image for seahorse123
#13 Posted by seahorse123 (1237 posts) -

@YearoftheSnake5: Oh it is since they control our government they will get involved in this and always will and always have for years. It likes regions being unstable they are more easy to exploit economically and play militarily. Look at Ukraine for an example in Europe exploited politically destroyed economically then move in with various companies to exploit the vulnerability of that nation while all the time going on about overthrowing a dictator when just bringing in a worse leader and destabilising a country. Divide and conquer.

Avatar image for seahorse123
#14 Edited by seahorse123 (1237 posts) -

@Strakha: I am glad someone is informed about what is really going on. Funny in mainstream media we never heard of the thousands of Christians that had been slaughtered by Al Qaeda 'rebels' in Syria but heard about the chemical weapons false flag used by the west to invade but luckily they did not. Trained in Jordan given millions by the CIA and Saudi Arabia and others. They are going to split the country in 3, Kurds get the North, Iran gets the east and then ISIS can hit Syria and have western Iraq. All of it manufactured by the west and the media calls Al Qaeda IS, ISIS or ISIL to confuse people. It makes me feel sick when they think we are so stupid to fall for the fact that ISIS the biggest terrorist organisation to date just appeared out of no where and started taking over whole countries. WE ARE NOT STUPID.

Avatar image for doozie78
#15 Posted by Doozie78 (1123 posts) -

Yeah, trusting our worthless government in the past sure paid off (the war-profiteers at least). WMD's were a total lie, al-CIA-da and now ISIS were all funded & trained by the US. What could possibly go wrong with more endless wars in the middle-east?

Anyone that really believes that another war being in the US's favor is hopeless. The real terrorists are certainly in Washington, I worry about them and their bullshit plans FAR more than any terrorist group on the other side of the planet.

Avatar image for seahorse123
#16 Posted by seahorse123 (1237 posts) -

@doozie78: While brainless sheeple watch the puppet masters propaganda and believe ISIS(Al Qaeda) just appeared like magic fairies.

Avatar image for lamprey263
#17 Edited by lamprey263 (34630 posts) -

I have doubts, I mean I've heard plenty how ISIS is too crazy for Al Qaeda, if anything ISIS runs the risk of making Al Qaeda look like a moderate Islamic militant group.

Anyhow, maybe there's a lesson to be learned here, and that's that removing secular dictators isn't always a good thing. I mean, I thought we pretty much learned that in Iraq but I guess the message didn't make it to the top. You pretty much need a dictatorship to keep these radical Islamic factions in check.

Avatar image for seahorse123
#18 Edited by seahorse123 (1237 posts) -

@lamprey263: ISIS is Al Qaeda reformed and refunded and even more evil than before.

Avatar image for comp_atkins
#19 Edited by comp_atkins (34526 posts) -

Avatar image for lamprey263
#20 Edited by lamprey263 (34630 posts) -

@seahorse123 said:

@lamprey263: ISIS is Al Qaeda reformed and refunded and even more evil than before.

I think we're talking about different Al Qaeda, I'm talking about Al Qaeda proper and the one you're talking about was their doppleganger that rose up during the Iraq occupation, formerly known as Al Qaeda in Iraq.

Also, the article reads "US general says raiding Syria is key to halting ISIS", I took issue with your altered headline because it didn't make any sense.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
#21 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (9116 posts) -

@lamprey263 said:

I think we're talking about different Al Qaeda, I'm talking about Al Qaeda proper and the one you're talking about was their doppleganger that rose up during the Iraq occupation, formerly known as Al Qaeda in Iraq.

You are correct. This is a different, off branch of Al Qaeda. It's the epitome of Ayman al-Zawahiri's inability to control his affiliates.

Avatar image for SUD123456
#22 Posted by SUD123456 (4955 posts) -

Given that this is a mainstream media article it must be disinformation planted by the globalists to make us think we are going to attack ISIS, when in reality we are about to be rounded up and put in FEMA camps to await our mass beheadings. Clearly ISIS has been created by the globalists as a means to practice and perfect modern day decapitation and soon the plan to reduce the global population by 80% will be initiated, one head at a time. And you thought the commies were scary!

P.S. Stay away from fluoride.

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
#23 Posted by MakeMeaSammitch (4889 posts) -

He's right.

I heard a story about how we sent in 300 army rangers in a couple months ago. Not sure what happened with that.

Avatar image for xscrapzx
#24 Edited by xscrapzx (6621 posts) -

They have to stop attacking the militants and go after who is funding these scum bags. All they keep doing in my opinion is bombing the shit out of the trained men, which is fine and all, but then forget about who is supplying them the funds and weapons to go rage war across the country side. It's an endless circle. Do list one group of radicals then another one follows right behind them.

Avatar image for lamprey263
#25 Edited by lamprey263 (34630 posts) -

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

@lamprey263 said:

I think we're talking about different Al Qaeda, I'm talking about Al Qaeda proper and the one you're talking about was their doppleganger that rose up during the Iraq occupation, formerly known as Al Qaeda in Iraq.

You are correct. This is a different, off branch of Al Qaeda. It's the epitome of Ayman al-Zawahiri's inability to control his affiliates.

Al Qaeda: Do you think maybe you guys can try to cut down on civilian casualties, it's hurting our reputation?

Al Qaeda in Iraq: I think it's time we started seeing other people.

Avatar image for branketra
#26 Posted by BranKetra (51726 posts) -
@seahorse123 said:

@doozie78: While brainless sheeple watch the puppet masters propaganda and believe ISIS(Al Qaeda) just appeared like magic fairies.

News outlets reported the progress of ISIS throughout Iraq including how they acquired abandoned vehicles, weapons, and supplies that were originally supplied to Iraqi militias by the United States government. Iraqi militia morale was so low that they fled their positions without much conflict. That is how they became so prominent in these past few weeks. I presume you knew that which would mean you are suggesting Iraqi militias are working with the Illuminati.

Avatar image for Master_Live
#27 Edited by Master_Live (18821 posts) -

Impossible, the JV team can't be this good.

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
#28 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (6092 posts) -

Ignore them.

Avatar image for Flubbbs
#29 Edited by Flubbbs (4907 posts) -

lol American Government just wont give up on regime change of a democratically elected leader in Syria.. and a dead journalist will be used for justification

Avatar image for xeno_ghost
#30 Posted by Xeno_ghost (990 posts) -

@YearoftheSnake5: "Bin Laden wasn't running the show at first when the Afghans were fighting the Soviets, but yes, we got all involved in that with taxpayer money. Prior to that, we got involved with overthrowing Iran's government. We don't need to be getting our hands in that area. It's a messy, fragile, cash burn."

Why change a habit of a lifetime?

Avatar image for Bruin1986
#31 Edited by Bruin1986 (1629 posts) -

@xscrapzx said:

They have to stop attacking the militants and go after who is funding these scum bags. All they keep doing in my opinion is bombing the shit out of the trained men, which is fine and all, but then forget about who is supplying them the funds and weapons to go rage war across the country side. It's an endless circle. Do list one group of radicals then another one follows right behind them.

Then the US would have to publicly admit that Saudi Arabia is the largest supporter of Sunni extremism in the world. Not necessarily the government proper, but wealth Saudi families. And Saudi Arabia is our "ally".

There is a proxy war between Saudi Arabia and Iran currently waging in the ME. Sunni vs. Shi'a guise over economic control of assets in other countries. Saddam's collapse left an enormous power vacuum and every nutjob came out of hiding, allowing us to truly grasp just how many utterly insane, 10th-century anachronisms still reside in the Middle East.

The 20th century was the fight against totalitarian regimes. Nazism/fascism on the Right. Communism (or whatever you call the Soviets and Mao Chinese) on the Left. The 21st century is going to be described as the fight against militarized, radical Islam. Against groups who don't abide by international laws, don't wear uniforms, and hide among civilian populations because they are cowards.

Avatar image for CommandoAgent
#32 Posted by CommandoAgent (1703 posts) -

I have a feeling they will use the ISIS as an excuse to intervene into Syria and attack Assad. Judging by the facts that there propaganda agaisnt Assad had failed.

Avatar image for yixingtpot
#33 Posted by yixingtpot (1484 posts) -

wake the hell up young ones, we've been subverting the world forever, more than likely bombing Syria for the last 3 years at least... the next planned war is with Syria period. The government/UN is doing every type of propaganda to cause war with Syria and Assad knows he's going to be assassinated, he'll be lucky to get out alive. Another terrorist hit by the US/UN on a nations ruler. Israel is the myth we created to give justification for controlling Africa as a continental whole for it's resources, it's been going on FOREVER or the last 2000 years or so since the Egyptian culture was destroyed. Africom was recognized, or given official status in 2008, it's African command based out of Europe but the western rulers, the real rulers of the western nations have been doing whatever it takes to control African raw material, gold, diamonds etc, for a long, long time now.

You can play your bang bang war game shooters but the reason they push FPS in the US is blatantly because they want to recruit you into carrying around depleted uranium like the idiots in these modern wars in the middle east, it's pure evil. Google DU munitions and wake up, the UN/government doesn't care at all about your lives, they will flush your life down the toilet in their mad quest for global domination. Taxed to death, forever enslaved to worship a dead Jew, watching 'reality tv' etc, they know you're a moron so they don't care if they flush your lives down the crapper. My ex-brother in law fought in the Gulf War, his daughter was on the news, she had a golf ball sized tumor behind her nasal cavity and they had to remove the top of her skull to operate, it's crazy that she's still alive at all. She probably got cancer from the uranium he had to carry around and shoot. When you shoot DU rounds of any caliber or size tank shell you breath in the nano ceramic radioactive hot particles and eventually die, but even after you die the uranium lasts forever or 4.5 billion years to kill other people. Even if they cremated your dead body the radioactive dust goes on forever.

The next war will be in Syria, they will make it so by whatever means of propaganda or staged even/911 they feel necessary. Just wait and see, I predicted war with Syria 2 years ago, it's going to happen. ISIS is a joke, a bunch of guys in masks posing for the camera? lol come on... they are claiming on the news in the US that they have PASSPORTS? wow they shouldn't be hard to track if they've GOT PASSPORTS... COME ONE, ISIS is coming and they've GOT PASSPORTS. WAKE UP.

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
#34 Edited by TheWalkingGhost (6092 posts) -

This whole thread seems to have been hijacked by left wing conspiracy theorists. Ugh.

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
#35 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (6092 posts) -

This whole thread seems to have been hijacked by left win conspiracy theorists. Ugh.

@yixingtpot said:

wake the hell up young ones, we've been subverting the world forever, more than likely bombing Syria for the last 3 years at least... the next planned war is with Syria period. The government/UN is doing every type of propaganda to cause war with Syria and Assad knows he's going to be assassinated, he'll be lucky to get out alive. Another terrorist hit by the US/UN on a nations ruler. Israel is the myth we created to give justification for controlling Africa as a continental whole for it's resources, it's been going on FOREVER or the last 2000 years or so since the Egyptian culture was destroyed. Africom was recognized, or given official status in 2008, it's African command based out of Europe but the western rulers, the real rulers of the western nations have been doing whatever it takes to control African raw material, gold, diamonds etc, for a long, long time now.

You can play your bang bang war game shooters but the reason they push FPS in the US is blatantly because they want to recruit you into carrying around depleted uranium like the idiots in these modern wars in the middle east, it's pure evil. Google DU munitions and wake up, the UN/government doesn't care at all about your lives, they will flush your life down the toilet in their mad quest for global domination. Taxed to death, forever enslaved to worship a dead Jew, watching 'reality tv' etc, they know you're a moron so they don't care if they flush your lives down the crapper. My ex-brother in law fought in the Gulf War, his daughter was on the news, she had a golf ball sized tumor behind her nasal cavity and they had to remove the top of her skull to operate, it's crazy that she's still alive at all. She probably got cancer from the uranium he had to carry around and shoot. When you shoot DU rounds of any caliber or size tank shell you breath in the nano ceramic radioactive hot particles and eventually die, but even after you die the uranium lasts forever or 4.5 billion years to kill other people. Even if they cremated your dead body the radioactive dust goes on forever.

The next war will be in Syria, they will make it so by whatever means of propaganda or staged even/911 they feel necessary. Just wait and see, I predicted war with Syria 2 years ago, it's going to happen. ISIS is a joke, a bunch of guys in masks posing for the camera? lol come on... they are claiming on the news in the US that they have PASSPORTS? wow they shouldn't be hard to track if they've GOT PASSPORTS... COME ONE, ISIS is coming and they've GOT PASSPORTS. WAKE UP.

You have to be joking. You don't really think this way, do you?

Avatar image for yixingtpot
#36 Posted by yixingtpot (1484 posts) -

@TheWalkingGhost: my father is double dip retired, 20 years Air Force, 21 years ATF, and yet he's like you... he can't see what right before his own eyes. He spouts out stuff about Eisenhower warning about the 'military industrial complex' etc, but can't piece basic reality together. DU weapons are real, I didn't invent them, would never use them let alone be stupid enough to join the military and let them command me to even carry around URANIUM, high grade URANIUM which requires 8 inches of solid lead to shield HUMAN FLESS from the radioactive isotopes from frying you alive.

So you in your infinite FPS gamer wisdom find it unimaginable that war with Syria is on the horizon? Gaddafi was calling for a new AFRICAN currency, African unity in other words and that is what the Libya situation is and was all about... hence we assassinated him. Assad went before the world 2 years or so ago and proclaimed he'd never use chemical weapons etc, why? Because he knew he was next to be assassinated. That's why the propaganda machine in the west has done nothing but spew and endless tirade of "chemical weapons, chemical weapons, ISIS for get about Al Qaeda... Al Qaeda who? it's ALL ISIS now baby" it's laughable to anybody who doesn't have their heads stuck up Teddy Roosevelt's zombified ass.

History isn't found in Call of Duty games it's found by reading, a skill lost on people like you. The Philippines, Korea, Vietnam, Kuwait, Iraq, Afghanistan on and on, all wars started based on false flag operations, or LIES to the common people. If you're young enough you'll find out for yourself when they draft you into the Syrian war. I'm just curios to see if they can pull it off via basic news propaganda or if they'll have to blow up another land mark to jump start morons into another HALO shooter type fragfest patriotic frenzy.

Avatar image for -Blasphemy-
#37 Posted by -Blasphemy- (3353 posts) -

i wander if russia will do anything if the USA trys to attack syria.

Avatar image for WolfgarTheQuiet
#38 Edited by WolfgarTheQuiet (483 posts) -

Government runs Al Qeada.

@yixingtpot Damn straight man. Good to see some gamers who are aware of whats really going on out there.

Russia wants to spread its currency as well. Thats why US and UN are onto them now using MH 17 and Ukraine conflict as a media propaganda.

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
#39 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (6092 posts) -

@yixingtpot said:

@TheWalkingGhost: my father is double dip retired, 20 years Air Force, 21 years ATF, and yet he's like you... he can't see what right before his own eyes. He spouts out stuff about Eisenhower warning about the 'military industrial complex' etc, but can't piece basic reality together. DU weapons are real, I didn't invent them, would never use them let alone be stupid enough to join the military and let them command me to even carry around URANIUM, high grade URANIUM which requires 8 inches of solid lead to shield HUMAN FLESS from the radioactive isotopes from frying you alive.

So you in your infinite FPS gamer wisdom find it unimaginable that war with Syria is on the horizon? Gaddafi was calling for a new AFRICAN currency, African unity in other words and that is what the Libya situation is and was all about... hence we assassinated him. Assad went before the world 2 years or so ago and proclaimed he'd never use chemical weapons etc, why? Because he knew he was next to be assassinated. That's why the propaganda machine in the west has done nothing but spew and endless tirade of "chemical weapons, chemical weapons, ISIS for get about Al Qaeda... Al Qaeda who? it's ALL ISIS now baby" it's laughable to anybody who doesn't have their heads stuck up Teddy Roosevelt's zombified ass.

History isn't found in Call of Duty games it's found by reading, a skill lost on people like you. The Philippines, Korea, Vietnam, Kuwait, Iraq, Afghanistan on and on, all wars started based on false flag operations, or LIES to the common people. If you're young enough you'll find out for yourself when they draft you into the Syrian war. I'm just curios to see if they can pull it off via basic news propaganda or if they'll have to blow up another land mark to jump start morons into another HALO shooter type fragfest patriotic frenzy.

Yep, definitely a troll. Way too clueless not to be. Have your laughs, you wont last long here. BTW, i hate COD and FPS. Oh and just you know, more so others know that the African Union is a real thing and still around. Stop trolling, mmmkay?

Avatar image for Jacanuk
#40 Edited by Jacanuk (12372 posts) -

@CommandoAgent said:

I have a feeling they will use the ISIS as an excuse to intervene into Syria and attack Assad. Judging by the facts that there propaganda agaisnt Assad had failed.

If you think that then you have no clue as to the regions problems. Assad is still/and will be in power because everyone who knows anything about the region, knows that its a hell of a lot better to have a Assad at power then having militant islamic sharia leaders like ISIS at the helm. In fact what ISIS is doing is "hurting" their cause a lot more than helping it, because the brutality will force the western world and US to intervene and fight them hard.

Also hurting might not actually be the case since they might actually win a lot of followers on this, one thing is America and the west fighting a terrorist org. another is fighting a actual sovereign state which even in the more moderate understanding of the Quran is cause for Jihad.

Avatar image for CommandoAgent
#41 Posted by CommandoAgent (1703 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:

@CommandoAgent said:

I have a feeling they will use the ISIS as an excuse to intervene into Syria and attack Assad. Judging by the facts that there propaganda agaisnt Assad had failed.

If you think that then you have no clue as to the regions problems. Assad is still/and will be in power because everyone who knows anything about the region, knows that its a hell of a lot better to have a Assad at power then having militant islamic sharia leaders like ISIS at the helm. In fact what ISIS is doing is "hurting" their cause a lot more than helping it, because the brutality will force the western world and US to intervene and fight them hard.

Also hurting might not actually be the case since they might actually win a lot of followers on this, one thing is America and the west fighting a terrorist org. another is fighting a actual sovereign state which even in the more moderate understanding of the Quran is cause for Jihad.

"If you think that then you have no clue as to the regions problems"

I have being following the events since 2011.

"America and the west fighting a terrorist org."

An terrorist org which they wanted to arm in Syria agaisnt Assad.

Avatar image for helwa1988
#42 Edited by helwa1988 (2157 posts) -

@Motokid6:

I'd be concerned with ISIS if I were them. They have money and organization that al qaeda could only dream of. It is quite scary.

I still think thesr arab springs were staged by the CIA or Israel to destabilize the region. They got rid of mubarak, assad and got rid of saddam ages ago. And the region is worse off.

Avatar image for super600
#43 Posted by super600 (32418 posts) -

@helwa1988 said:

@Motokid6:

I'd be concerned with ISIS if I were them. They have money and organization that al qaeda could only dream of. It is quite scary.

I still think thesr arab springs were staged by the CIA or Israel to destabilize the region. They got rid of mubarak, assad and got rid of saddam ages ago. And the region is worse off.

Assad's still around. The disorganization of the Syrian opposition is making it easier for Assad to keep his power.Mubarak was gotten rid of by the arab spring and not by the US.You are right about Saddam.

Avatar image for super600
#44 Edited by super600 (32418 posts) -

I think ISIS may force the US to stay active in Iraq because they have been ignoring it a bit after the military mission ended.

Avatar image for helwa1988
#45 Posted by helwa1988 (2157 posts) -

@super600: Asaad may be still around but he certainly doesnt have the power he use to. I believe the whole arab spring was started by CIA agents. Even the assassination of Qadafi was suspicious

Avatar image for GrayF0X786
#46 Edited by GrayF0X786 (4185 posts) -

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

The middle east is a mess that we don't need to be getting our hands in.

this is really cute, right after you shove your hands deep up the backside of the middle east straight after the destruction of Turkeys Caliphate, you want to pretend you have absolute zero influence there?

don't worry about putting your hand inside, it's already deep in there, please find a way to take it back out again, and take your Saud friends with you.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
#47 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (9116 posts) -

@GrayF0X786 said:

this is really cute, right after you shove your hands deep up the backside of the middle east straight after the destruction of Turkeys Caliphate, you want to pretend you have absolute zero influence there?

don't worry about putting your hand inside, it's already deep in there, please find a way to take it back out again, and take your Saud friends with you.

You misunderstand. We're on the same page.

Where did I pretend the United States has no influence? Nowhere. You assumed that. It's obvious we've manipulated middle eastern politics for our own favor at the expense of the people in that region. Perhaps I should have said that we don't need to get our hands deeper into the mess. We don't need to be there, and the region would probably be better off. There's a reason so many countries don't like us.

Avatar image for Jacanuk
#48 Posted by Jacanuk (12372 posts) -

@CommandoAgent said:

@Jacanuk said:

@CommandoAgent said:

I have a feeling they will use the ISIS as an excuse to intervene into Syria and attack Assad. Judging by the facts that there propaganda agaisnt Assad had failed.

If you think that then you have no clue as to the regions problems. Assad is still/and will be in power because everyone who knows anything about the region, knows that its a hell of a lot better to have a Assad at power then having militant islamic sharia leaders like ISIS at the helm. In fact what ISIS is doing is "hurting" their cause a lot more than helping it, because the brutality will force the western world and US to intervene and fight them hard.

Also hurting might not actually be the case since they might actually win a lot of followers on this, one thing is America and the west fighting a terrorist org. another is fighting a actual sovereign state which even in the more moderate understanding of the Quran is cause for Jihad.

"If you think that then you have no clue as to the regions problems"

I have being following the events since 2011.

"America and the west fighting a terrorist org."

An terrorist org which they wanted to arm in Syria agaisnt Assad.

You might want to follow the situation more closely then.

Also currently the plans to arm the rebels in syria isen´t on the table and even when it was, the key concern was that it would end up in the hands of the extremist groups.

So again you might want to follow the region a bit more closely because what you are saying makes no sense unless you get your news from Fox.

Avatar image for CommandoAgent
#49 Edited by CommandoAgent (1703 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:

@CommandoAgent said:

@Jacanuk said:

@CommandoAgent said:

I have a feeling they will use the ISIS as an excuse to intervene into Syria and attack Assad. Judging by the facts that there propaganda agaisnt Assad had failed.

If you think that then you have no clue as to the regions problems. Assad is still/and will be in power because everyone who knows anything about the region, knows that its a hell of a lot better to have a Assad at power then having militant islamic sharia leaders like ISIS at the helm. In fact what ISIS is doing is "hurting" their cause a lot more than helping it, because the brutality will force the western world and US to intervene and fight them hard.

Also hurting might not actually be the case since they might actually win a lot of followers on this, one thing is America and the west fighting a terrorist org. another is fighting a actual sovereign state which even in the more moderate understanding of the Quran is cause for Jihad.

"If you think that then you have no clue as to the regions problems"

I have being following the events since 2011.

"America and the west fighting a terrorist org."

An terrorist org which they wanted to arm in Syria agaisnt Assad.

You might want to follow the situation more closely then.

Also currently the plans to arm the rebels in syria isen´t on the table and even when it was, the key concern was that it would end up in the hands of the extremist groups.

So again you might want to follow the region a bit more closely because what you are saying makes no sense unless you get your news from Fox.

First i dont own FOX News anymore. And i get my sources from elsewhere and those sources whom there contacts within the region itself my sources even told me that the rebels yes the moderate according to our news outlets, they were using drugs to improve there combat ability and what not.

"Also currently the plans to arm the rebels in Syria isen´t on the table"

The France on the other hand are still supplying the arms. Dont forget the ISIS movement started in northern Syria.

"You might want to follow the situation more closely then."

Believe me i do more then most the majority of everyone else whose there focus seems to be on the ice bucket challenge and what not. Although the challenge does sound fun.

Avatar image for Jacanuk
#50 Posted by Jacanuk (12372 posts) -

@CommandoAgent said:

First i dont own FOX News anymore. And i get my sources from elsewhere and those sources whom there contacts within the region itself my sources even told me that the rebels yes the moderate according to our news outlets, they were using drugs to improve there combat ability and what not.

"Also currently the plans to arm the rebels in Syria isen´t on the table"

The France on the other hand are still supplying the arms. Dont forget the ISIS movement started in northern Syria.

"You might want to follow the situation more closely then."

Believe me i do more then most the majority of everyone else whose there focus seems to be on the ice bucket challenge and what not. Although the challenge does sound fun.

Drugs? ehmm, you were claiming that the west lead by the US would go and either arm or help the rebels overthrow Assad, which certainly isn't the case anymore, particular not now when ISIS is running around down there, the last thing any american leader wants is to create a new terrorist nest and particular not in a modern country like Syria where most of the population is well-educated and up until the "civil-war" was considered to be one of the most-modern western-muslim countries in the region.

If the French are selling arms to the rebels they are more stupid then anyone would or could imagine them to be, i know they sold weapons before ISIS become the new black, but today i highly doubt the french would actually want to be known as a terrorist supporting nation.

So you might read more but that makes me wonder how you would believe that any american president or western country would even consider removing a moderate "muslim" leader no matter what he might be considered.