Uganda To Set A Death Penalty For Same Sex Relationships Next Month!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

What Uganda do about this?

konvikt_17
LOL Anyway, the US isn't gonna change their minds. Not everyone wants to be like the United States, despite the fact that the United States wants everyone to be like them.
Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#102 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts
[QUOTE="konvikt_17"]

What Uganda do about this?

gamerguru100
LOL Anyway, the US isn't gonna change their minds. Not everyone wants to be like the United States, despite the fact that the United States wants everyone to be like them.

What country are you in? Because this comment is false.
Avatar image for Victorious_Fize
Victorious_Fize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 Victorious_Fize
Member since 2011 • 6128 Posts
[QUOTE="Victorious_Fize"][QUOTE="tenaka2"]

The usual, pretend indifference. As you usually do on this kind of topic.

LJS9502_basic
How I wish he stops there...

Who gives a F*ck what you wish. I wish you didn't post in OT. We can't get what we want. Deal.

lol relax
CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#104 CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts
Guess Elton John and Clay Aiken won't be singing in Uganda anytime soon. I'll give it 35 years till every country in Africa legalizes gay marriage
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#105 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

May as well set them straight, since they already got ruined. Like africa didn't have enough problems, they need anti-gay evangelicals now. Like a goddamn virus those evangelicals.

flowersjf

Nothing is going to make them change. Why waste time and money that is needed at home to try and solve this?

I'm with you, we have enough problems of our own here. Let Uganda do what they want, it's their country and their own business.

If that was true why does the rest of the world give them so much money?

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

[QUOTE="flowersjf"][QUOTE="clyde46"] Nothing is going to make them change. Why waste time and money that is needed at home to try and solve this?toast_burner

I'm with you, we have enough problems of our own here. Let Uganda do what they want, it's their country and their own business.

If that was true why does the rest of the world give them so much money?

Well it would be ok to say that except for the fact that americans are responsible.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/03/15/10695690-lawsuit-us-evangelist-inspired-deadly-hate-against-uganda-gays?lite

Lawsuit: US evangelist inspired deadly hate against Uganda gays

BOSTON -- An East African gay advocacy group filed a federal lawsuit Wednesday against Massachusetts evangelist Scott Lively, alleging he has waged a decade-long campaign to persecute gays in Uganda and likened them to Nazis.

Thesuit was filed in federal court in Springfieldagainst the minister under a statute that Sexual Ministries Uganda says allows non-citizens to file U.S. court actions for violations of international law.

Celldrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Celldrax
Member since 2005 • 15053 Posts

*obligatory facepalm*

Well.....this should escalate quickly...

Crunchy_Nuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Crunchy_Nuts
Member since 2010 • 2749 Posts
If the gays in Uganda don't fight for their freedom then they are part of their own problem.
Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

If the gays in Uganda don't fight for their freedom then they are part of their own problem.Crunchy_Nuts

But they have been fighting.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts
[QUOTE="Victorious_Fize"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Victorious_Fize"] How I wish he stops there...

Who gives a F*ck what you wish. I wish you didn't post in OT. We can't get what we want. Deal.

lol relax

Don't tell me what to do. Now go pout somewhere.
ThisIsTwoFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 ThisIsTwoFace
Member since 2011 • 1132 Posts

[QUOTE="ThisIsTwoFace"]

[QUOTE="Jebus213"]Who cares... It's just a **** piss poor African country.Jebus213

Typical American comment.

Im quite sure that the gays in Uganda care, so therefore your comment is an auto-FAIL.

Who's gonna give a damn? That part of the world has been a lost cause and will continue to be a lost cause for decades.

And its become a "lost cause" because of countries like the US.

Crunchy_Nuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Crunchy_Nuts
Member since 2010 • 2749 Posts

[QUOTE="Crunchy_Nuts"]If the gays in Uganda don't fight for their freedom then they are part of their own problem.Pffrbt

Not hard enough, apparently.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#113 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts
Out of curiosity...what qualifies as "aggravated homosexuality"? Is there a chart that I can consult that shows me the various levels of gayness?nocoolnamejim
It is the tier just below premeditated homosexuality.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#114 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

[QUOTE="Jebus213"][QUOTE="ThisIsTwoFace"]

Typical American comment.

Im quite sure that the gays in Uganda care, so therefore your comment is an auto-FAIL.

ThisIsTwoFace

Who's gonna give a damn? That part of the world has been a lost cause and will continue to be a lost cause for decades.

And its become a "lost cause" because of countries like the US.

I dont think the US or Europe has that much effect on the Ugandan policy towards gays. They can criticize it, but I dont think sanctions or military force would be a smart move.
Avatar image for Victorious_Fize
Victorious_Fize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Victorious_Fize
Member since 2011 • 6128 Posts
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Victorious_Fize"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] Who gives a F*ck what you wish. I wish you didn't post in OT. We can't get what we want. Deal.

lol relax

Don't tell me what to do. Now go pout somewhere.

ok xD i still love you bud =P
Ncsoftlover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Ncsoftlover
Member since 2007 • 2152 Posts

[QUOTE="Pffrbt"]

[QUOTE="Crunchy_Nuts"]If the gays in Uganda don't fight for their freedom then they are part of their own problem.Crunchy_Nuts

Not hard enough, apparently.

A small minority is still a small minority, if the society at large is not going to change its mind, how hard the minority fights is irrelevant.

sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#117 sune_Gem
Member since 2006 • 12463 Posts

[QUOTE="Crunchy_Nuts"]If the gays in Uganda don't fight for their freedom then they are part of their own problem.Pffrbt

I imagine most of them are scared to fight for it, as they'd essentially be coming out in the open with their sexual orientation and get in trouble...

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="nocoolnamejim"]

Things like sanctions, official condemnation, etc. I wouldn't advocate anything beyond that, but public opinion on the world stage can be a powerful motivator to change domestic law.MannyDelgado

Don't sanctions hurt the poor? Doesn't seem like it's a good route to take.

>Uganda plans to execute people for being gay
'Okay.'
>Someone floats the idea of sanctions
'OH NO THAT MIGHT HURT SOMEONE'

There has to be a way to resolve the issue w/o harming and possibily killing via starvation (sanctions have a tendency to do that) even more people that mightn't be responsible for this.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 tenaka2

[QUOTE="MannyDelgado"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]
Don't sanctions hurt the poor? Doesn't seem like it's a good route to take.coolbeans90

'Okay.'

There has to be a way to resolve the issue w/o harming and possibily killing via starvation (sanctions have a tendency to do that) even more people that mightn't be responsible for this.

Well as the problem is caused by american evangelists preaching hate in uganda then the answer would appear to be obvious.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

[QUOTE="MannyDelgado"]

'Okay.'

tenaka2

Well as the problem is caused by american evangelists preaching hate in uganda then the answer would appear to be obvious.

It does not. In the US we don't have death penalties for orientation.....
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

LJS9502_basic

What does not? I really wish you wouldn't support things like this LJ

Lawsuit against US evangelist for Uganda 'kill the gays' bill role

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/lawsuit-against-us-evangelist-uganda-kill-gays-bill-role140312

The suit claims Christian evangelist Lively has played a key role in the persecution of Uganda's LGBT community and provides evidence of his role in laying the groundwork forthe Anti-Homosexuality Bill, which last month returned to parliament and includes the death penalty and harsh prison terms for gay and lesbian sex.

Frank Mugisha, SMUG executive director, said: 'US evangelical leaders like Scott Lively have actively and intensively worked to eradicate any trace of LGBT advocacy and identity.

'Particularly damaging has been his claim that children are at risk because of our existence.

'His influence has been incredibly harmful and destructive for LGBT Ugandans fighting for their rights. We have to stop people like Scott Lively from helping to codify and give legal cover to hatred.'

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="tenaka2"]

tenaka2

The suit claims Christian evangelist Lively has played a key role in the persecution of Uganda's LGBT community and provides evidence of his role in laying the groundwork forthe Anti-Homosexuality Bill, which last month returned to parliament and includes the death penalty and harsh prison terms for gay and lesbian sex.

Frank Mugisha, SMUG executive director, said: 'US evangelical leaders like Scott Lively have actively and intensively worked to eradicate any trace of LGBT advocacy and identity.

'Particularly damaging has been his claim that children are at risk because of our existence.

'His influence has been incredibly harmful and destructive for LGBT Ugandans fighting for their rights. We have to stop people like Scott Lively from helping to codify and give legal cover to hatred.'

Are you that simple? Show me where the US is prosectuing homosexuals and giving them the death penalty.

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#123 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

I only came here for the Uganda jokes, was not dissapointed

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] It does not. In the US we don't have death penalties for orientation.....LJS9502_basic

Are you that simple? Show me where the US is prosectuing homosexuals and giving them the death penalty.

Enough withthe insults, the question raised raised as to how to get the people in uganda to stop this.

Obviously the answer is to stop U.S. Evangelist religious nutjobs preaching hate in uganda and putting forward bills to support killing a minority.

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/lawsuit-against-us-evangelist-uganda-kill-gays-bill-role140312

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#125 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts
Homosexuality may be a sin, but not one worthy of death. If it is, then so should liars, fornicators, slanderers and adulterers. "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone".
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

tenaka2

Enough withthe insults, the question raised raised as to how to get the people in uganda to stop this.

Obviously the answer is to stop U.S. Evangelist religious nutjobs preaching hate in uganda and putting forward bills to support killing a minority.

In other words you can back up what you said.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Are you that simple? Show me where the US is prosectuing homosexuals and giving them the death penalty.

LJS9502_basic

I can and did.

You have this false method of putting forward and then attacking an argument that was never made. I was talking about Uganda yet you claimed I was talking about the U.S. its a dishonest tatic you often use.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

tenaka2

I can and did.

You have this false method of putting forward and then attacking an argument that was never made. I was talking about Uganda yet you claimed I was talking about the U.S. its a dishonest tatic you often use.

No you haven't. The US does not prosecute orientation nor sentence said individuals with death. As of this time....you have NOT provided any evidence to back up your stance that the US is the culprit. When has the country of the US ever encouraged said activities in Uganda. I'm STILL waiting for some proof from you.
The_High_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 The_High_Rule
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Another perfect example of a nation exploiting a faulty law system governed by a certain justice but instead used as a shield to cover fears they have about subjects they know nothing about.
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
Not a good news for gay people who lived there.. they are what they are, I don't really see anything wrong with that.
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]In other words you can back up what you said.

LJS9502_basic

I can and did.

No you haven't. The US does not prosecute orientation nor sentence said individuals with death. As of this time....you have NOT provided any evidence to back up your stance that the US is the culprit. When has the country of the US ever encouraged said activities in Uganda. I'm STILL waiting for some proof from you.

You are doing again, I never claimed the US is the culprit, yet you are saying I did. Please stop lying. I also never claimed the US prosecutes gay people. Again another lie. Please stop using this tactic.

I did claim and backed up the fact that U.S. Evangelists promote and preach the hate of gay people in Uganda. More specifically Scott Lively who proposed the 'Kill the gays bill'.

So just to recap, stop with the lies.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 LJS9502_basic

I can and did.

tenaka2

You are doing again, I never claimed the US is the culprit, yet you are saying I did. Please stop lying. I also never claimed the US prosecutes gay people. Again another lie. Please stop using this tactic.

I did claim and backed up the fact that U.S. Evangelists promote and preach the hate of gay people in Uganda. More specifically Scott Lively who proposed the 'Kill the gays bill'.

Then why did you feel the need to include the US in the first place? Right....don't play innocent with me. We know your agenda. Hyperbole much?
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]No you haven't. The US does not prosecute orientation nor sentence said individuals with death. As of this time....you have NOT provided any evidence to back up your stance that the US is the culprit. When has the country of the US ever encouraged said activities in Uganda. I'm STILL waiting for some proof from you.LJS9502_basic

Then why did you feel the need to include the US in the first place? Right....don't play innocent with me. We know your agenda. Hyperbole much?

Because the U.S. evanglist Scott Lively is getting sued for creating the bill that will have people killed. Plus the issue with Evangelists preaching hate in developing countries is worth a mention.

I realise that you would prefer it not be brought up but tough it is a factor in this case as the guy who wants the gays killed is a U.S. evanglists. Just deal with it.

And again please stop making up arguments that people never made, its very dishonest of you LJ.

lol my agenda? This from the guy that supports the bill.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 LJS9502_basic

tenaka2

Because the U.S. evanglist Scott Lively is getting sued for creating the bill that will have people killed. Plus the issue with Evangelists preaching hate in developing countries is worth a mention.

I realise that you would prefer it not be brought up but tough it is a factor in this case as the guy who wants the gays killed is a U.S. evanglists. Just deal with it.

And again please stop making up arguments that people never made, its very dishonest of you LJ.

So now you've taken to lying? Which bill do I support? I'd be willing to support one that removes idiots from the internet.

By putting a country name in your post you are misleading. That man does not speak for the country. His motives are not those of the country.

Philosopho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Philosopho
Member since 2012 • 86 Posts
Ok, let them do it. Then we can just cut off all foreign aid and hit them with stiff sanctions. They'll come around. Money trumps religious fervor.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 LJS9502_basic
Ok, let them do it. Then we can just cut off all foreign aid and hit them with stiff sanctions. They'll come around. Money trumps religious fervor.Philosopho
Sanctions hurt the poor that didn't make the law.....
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]In other words you can back up what you said.

LJS9502_basic

I can and did.

LJ please, proof? You want me to provide proof for something I never said? That is an odd request.

I posted a link and the headline used... are you suggesting that OT should censor headlines and links to avoid hurting your sensibilities?

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/03/15/10695690-lawsuit-us-evangelist-inspired-deadly-hate-against-uganda-gays?lite

and the headline....

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 LJS9502_basic
tenaka2
Why are you repeating yourself? Now that I've caught you lying....I doubt I'll ever believe anything you say.
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] Then why did you feel the need to include the US in the first place? Right....don't play innocent with me. We know your agenda. Hyperbole much?LJS9502_basic

So now you've taken to lying? Which bill do I support? I'd be willing to support one that removes idiots from the internet.

By putting a country name in your post you are misleading. That man does not speak for the country. His motives are not those of the country.

I never suggested he spoke for the country. I refuse to censor news headlines and links to avoid upsetting you.

MannyDelgado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 MannyDelgado
Member since 2011 • 1187 Posts
lol LJS vs Tenaka it's like a toddler slapfight
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

tenaka2

I never suggested he spoke for the country. I refuse to censor news headlines and links to avoid upsetting you.

Whatever dude. Stop with the lies though.
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]LJS9502_basic
Why are you repeating yourself? Now that I've caught you lying....I doubt I'll ever believe anything you say.

lol caught me lying? In what instance?

Are you upset that someone would suggest you said something you didn't?

Like you have been doing for several posts? annoying isn't it, so if you desist so shall I.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="MannyDelgado"]lol LJS vs Tenaka it's like a toddler slapfight

Too advanced for you huh. Sorry about that funky.....
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="tenaka2"]tenaka2

Like you have been doing for several posts? annoying isn't it, so if you desist so shall I.

You didn't throw the US in your post? Now you're being disingenuous.
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 tenaka2

lol LJS vs Tenaka it's like a toddler slapfightMannyDelgado

He stole my toys!

Philosopho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Philosopho
Member since 2012 • 86 Posts
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="MannyDelgado"]lol LJS vs Tenaka it's like a toddler slapfight

No, Manny is right. This is a internet slap fight of get the last word in, it isn't about who's right, it's about whose name is shown as the last to reply.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="Philosopho"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="MannyDelgado"]lol LJS vs Tenaka it's like a toddler slapfight

No, Manny is right. This is a internet slap fight of get the last word in, it isn't about who's right, it's about whose name is shown as the last to reply.

And manny and now yourself are a part of it. Give yourselves some high fives toddlers.
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] Why are you repeating yourself? Now that I've caught you lying....I doubt I'll ever believe anything you say.LJS9502_basic

You didn't throw the US in your post? Now you're being disingenuous.

The story I posted had U.S. in the headline LJ. Look at the following story from various sources, there is a one thing consistant in them, lets see if you can spot it.

Ugandan Gay Rights Group Sues U.S. Evangelist

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/15/us/ugandan-gay-rights-group-sues-scott-lively-an-american-evangelist.html

Uganda LGBT rights group sues U.S. evangelist for persecution

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/03/14/uganda-lgbt-rights-group-sues-u-s-evangelist-for-persecution/

So, if you study the above information you will see a trend, a pattern as it were, something that links them all together. Also note that all of these are american publications.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 LJS9502_basic

The story I posted had U.S. in the headline LJ. Look at the following story from various sources, there is a one thing consistant in them, lets see if you can spot it.

So, if you study the above information you will see a trend, a pattern as it were, something that links them all together. Also note that all of these are american publications.

tenaka2

Yet you could have said evangelists. Since the US ISN'T about arresting let alone prosecuting and sentencing for that.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

LJS9502_basic

Yet you could have said evangelists. Since the US ISN'T about arresting let alone prosecuting and sentencing for that.

So OT posters should doctor links and news headlines to avoid upsetting you? That is not a serious request is it?