This topic is locked from further discussion.

forgotten10x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 forgotten10x
Member since 2016 • 114 Posts

Which is better in your opinion. Myself I think WWE is a better program sure it is scripted, but I enjoy the matches and storylines better. UFC to me is boring. Plus Brock Lesnar conquered UFC. I think WWE has better talent. I am a martial artist, and my teacher said a wrestler could beat a UFC fighter because their body is better conditioned. They do it ever week, and they are physically strong in strength. Do you guys agree?

forgotten10x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 forgotten10x
Member since 2016 • 114 Posts

Plus I will say this if CM Punk becomes UFC champion it's fake, faker then WWE

Skarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#3 Skarwolf
Member since 2006 • 2718 Posts

@forgotten10x said:

Which is better in your opinion. Myself I think WWE is a better program sure it is scripted, but I enjoy the matches and storylines better. UFC to me is boring. Plus Brock Lesnar conquered UFC. I think WWE has better talent. I am a martial artist, and my teacher said a wrestler could beat a UFC fighter because their body is better conditioned. They do it ever week, and they are physically strong in strength. Do you guys agree?

The original UFC the one that first came out was drastically different from current attempt to be mainstream form of fighting. I think the current version suffers from too many rule sets. Look up the original UFC. It truly pitted different fighting styles against each other and unlike current UFC the winner had to go on and fight another guy in the next match. Essentially whoever won had to fight fresh opponents the entire night until the championship.

Current UFC devolves into two half naked guys rolling around the ground. Its fucking boring. At least in WWE you get an entertaining fight even though its fake with a story.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

I prefer UFC because it is real.

Im sure wrestlers are physical impressive athletes but ultimately they are training to pretend to fight. UFC fighters have to fight.

Hatiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Hatiko
Member since 2006 • 4669 Posts

@always_explicit said:

Im sure wrestlers are physical impressive athletes but ultimately they are training to pretend to fight. UFC fighters have to fight.

Of course it's pretend. They are actors. They train to perform on a live stage in front of thousands of people.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44152 Posts

I prefer WWE because I enjoy the things that are more inherent to the scripted events such as characters and storylines.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

@Hatiko said:
@always_explicit said:

Of course it's pretend. They are actors. They train to perform on a live stage in front of thousands of people.

Pretty sure I just said that bud.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24920 Posts

WWF attitude era (late 90s) > UFC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> todays childish crap WWE

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#9 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

WWE back in late 90s early 2000s when they had actual competition was brilliant.

WWE now I think sucks, and although I don't really watch UFC I'd prefer to watch UFC over WWE.

I even think TNA now(past their best too it seems) are putting on better shows than WWE.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#10 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

I was an mma fan back in 2002. I have not watched mma since 2010. It has become a boring grapple fest with wrestler's lay and praying all the time. That, with all the pro wrestling hype that is clearly not real, along with the absurdly stupid fanbase, make it unbearable. WWE hasn't been popular since 2001, so no to that too.

I'll stick with boxing. At least there isn't all the bs hype every fight.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

UFC because it's real. Even if it's boring I can at least appreciate it, practicing martial arts more than half my life.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

Both are snoozfests.

@hillelslovak:"with all the pro wrestling hype that is clearly not real, "

I hear that UFC cuts a better promo than WWE?

"along with the absurdly stupid fanbase, make it unbearable. "

What you mean?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13  Edited By mrbojangles25  Online
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

WWE, at least they own their drama :P

UFC used to be entertaining but the squabbles and fights outside of the actual fights has gotten ridiculous.

I don't watch much (any, really...) of either, though.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

LOL @ the idea of Lesnar "conquering" UFC. He beat a soft fighter that can't wrestle (Mir) and a 45 year old man on whom he had a 60lb weight advantage. We saw what happened when he fought good fighters that weren't over the hill. He lucked out against Shane Carwin who gassed himself out kicking his ass and he got beaten like a rented mule against Velasquez and Overeem.

I'll take UFC, because I wrestled folkstyle as a kid and, you know, it's real. WWE is little more than a trashy soap opera for rednecks.

That said, the Unified Rules imposed on MMA has really rendered it boring. I've gradually lost interest in MMA post Pride FC. Pride was vastly more entertaining than UFC.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#15 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

@PSP107 said:

Both are snoozfests.

@hillelslovak:"with all the pro wrestling hype that is clearly not real, "

I hear that UFC cuts a better promo than WWE?

"along with the absurdly stupid fanbase, make it unbearable. "

What you mean?

In terms of the hype, these guys do all the pro wrestling "I HAAAATTTEE YOU!!!!!" sort of stuff, then they give us the canned "It was to promote the fight, I respect him greatly" crap that has turned me off.

I'm not saying mma fans are dumb, but I cannot stand, having done jiu jitsu, thai boxing, and boxing, to watch people boo and hiss if the fighters dont start throwing haymakers within 10 seconds of the first round. The lack of martial arts respect by a lot of fans, at a lot of events, turns me off greatly.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

WWF attitude era (late 90s) > UFC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> todays childish crap WWE

there's a first, I agree with you

Nota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 Nota
Member since 2016 • 50 Posts

When I was a kid, I used to watch WCW. Later on, I would watch WWF which is now known as WWE. Around 2006 is when I started watching UFC. Once I was finally witnessing real fighting, the WWE stuff just didn't do it for me anymore. UFC has just became mainstream within the last 10 years. It's still taking time for the next generation of kids to grow up with it. Many people I talk to that are younger highly prefer MMA over boxing for example. WWE still has its place for people that are into story lines, interesting multi man match ups even though the results are predetermined, and the pyrotechnics involved in wrestler entrances.

What's special about UFC to me is like yesterday for example where one of the fighters was getting demolished almost finished off in the first round but then ends up destroying their opponent unexpectedly in a later round. I'm not saying any specific names so I don't spoil any of the fights for anyone that hasn't watched yesterday's event but I'm just saying that for example.

I watch UFC for the excitement of having no idea what is going to happen. Sometimes even the guy that on paper seems to have no chance can still win if they pull off the correct strategy to defeat their opponent. Sure, it's off putting to the normal viewer if you just see guys rolling around on the ground. But remember, there are those special magical fights where tons of crazy stuff happens and you're on the edge of your seat the whole way through. Fights like those are why I continue to watch UFC.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

Lesnar was 4-3 in the UFC.

That's hardly domination.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

@bforrester420: "WWE is little more than a trashy soap opera for rednecks."

That applies to UFC more. WWE I read is family friendly.

@nota:"When I was a kid, I used to watch WCW. "

What years was that?

@hillelslovak:"In terms of the hype, these guys do all the pro wrestling "I HAAAATTTEE YOU!!!!!" sort of stuff, then they give us the canned "It was to promote the fight, I respect him greatly" crap that has turned me off."

I think Jim Cornette said that's why UFC is ahead of WWE.