U.S. Moves to Stop Surge in Illegal Immigration.

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

U.S. Moves to Stop Surge in Illegal Immigration

From the article:

White House officials, saying that misinformation about administration policies helped drive a surge of illegal migrants from Central America across the South Texas border, on Friday announced plans to detain more of them and to accelerate their court cases so as to deport them more quickly.

In Guatemala, Mr. Biden met with that country’s president, Otto Pérez Molina; the president of El Salvador, Salvador Sánchez Cerén; and senior officials from Honduras and Mexico. But Mr. Biden got a taste of the disconnect the United States often has with regional leaders, who fault the failure of American immigration policy for driving children to join their parents in the United States no matter the cost. In his public remarks, Mr. Pérez Molina, while recognizing that the American Congress has to act, reiterated a request for a temporary worker program and a way for Guatemalans living in the United States illegally to be able to stay.

Mr. Biden ignored those points in his comments and emphasized the social causes of the migration.

Since there are no detention facilities for families in the Rio Grande Valley, the Border Patrol has been releasing them without bond, giving them only an order to appear in immigration court for deportation hearings and allowing them to travel to relatives living in the United States.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ummmmm, I wonder if the order to appear in immigration court is in English, ha. I kid. But really, this situation can't stand, we need to reform our immigrations laws. People need to understand that you either immigrate legally or you don't migrate at all. Border security enforcement needs to swift and absolute.

I wonder what gave credibility to the criminals organizations propaganda that illegals immigrants could stay here. Your thoughts on this whole unfortunate situation?

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Ehhh

TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TruthTellers
Member since 2012 • 3393 Posts
Loading Video...

Why the hell did it take so damn long for the Obama Administration to act on this? Did Biden need to go down and speak with these Banana republics to get permission to enforce our God damn laws? I didn't know that we needed the consent of the Salvadoran President to enforce the laws of the United States in the United States. Hey, how bout when we bring the "mastermind" of the Benghazi attack to trail we ask the Libyan President if it's okay to charge him with murder? Just when the **** did America lose it's balls?

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#4 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

Something needs to be done and being a part of America, I expect it to be instead of loligagging for years.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

Make it as easy as possible to get into the country legal, enact mandatory minimum sentences and deportation for all illegal immigration, and exile for those who exploit illegal immigration.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

@BranKetra said:

loligagging

my mind went to a dark place when I saw this word

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

I guess it's not enough that the Obama administration has deported 3 million plus immigrants.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By branketra

@vl4d_l3nin: Sentencing and deportation for all illegal immigrants is unlikely. Also, that is disappointing and disturbing.

@Serraph105: Considering there are estimated to be nearly four times that many, it is not. I have not said what should be done, either.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts

On a related note, mass graves of migrants have been found in Texas.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 branketra

@-Sun_Tzu-: That is another reason immigration reform is needed. People should not need to risk their lives to come to the United States.

TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TruthTellers

Build the fence, put a 50 foot tall guard tower every mile and man it with 2-4 lookouts, install HD cameras with night vision and thermal capabilities, and fly drones overhead 24/7. Nothing and nobody will get in without approval. Drug Cartels will lose millions in lost drug sales, illegal immigration will all but cease to exist, and deaths related to border crossing will be minimized. It's a simple thing but instead of spending a billion dollars on this, Obama wanted to spend it on the immigrants who flooded the border the past month. The children need to be sent back immediately as they are costing us millions of dollars a day in feeding and sheltering them. Instead of shipping them to Arizona or Massachusetts and polluting the precious environment by that transporation, bus them back to Central America.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

@TruthTellers said:

Build the fence, put a 50 foot tall guard tower every mile and man it with 2-4 lookouts, install HD cameras with night vision and thermal capabilities, and fly drones overhead 24/7. Nothing and nobody will get in without approval. Drug Cartels will lose millions in lost drug sales, illegal immigration will all but cease to exist, and deaths related to border crossing will be minimized. It's a simple thing but instead of spending a billion dollars on this, Obama wanted to spend it on the immigrants who flooded the border the past month. The children need to be sent back immediately as they are costing us millions of dollars a day in feeding and sheltering them. Instead of shipping them to Arizona or Massachusetts and polluting the precious environment by that transporation, bus them back to Central America.

Install a 300 yard wide mine field with the mines spaced 8" apart. That would stop immigrants coming across the border.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dave123321

Holy smokes

Hello ol buddy

TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TruthTellers
@WhiteKnight77 said:

@TruthTellers said:

Install a 300 yard wide mine field with the mines spaced 8" apart. That would stop immigrants coming across the border.

No. This is the USA, not North Korea.

EDIT: Besides, if anybody can sneak through my proposed border security plan, they deserve to stay.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dave123321

Can you believe that you return to a site error

StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 StrifeDelivery
Member since 2006 • 1901 Posts

@TruthTellers said:
@WhiteKnight77 said:

@TruthTellers said:

EDIT: Besides, if anybody can sneak through my proposed border security plan, they deserve to stay.

You know there are other ways to cross into the US than jumping the fence, right?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44539 Posts

Half of all illegal immigration into the US comes from people who enter legally, on planes, they just overstay their visas, and for the most part people seem okay with that... "but Mexicans, **** man, build towers with automated sentry guns and have landmines and alligator motes and electrified fences and shit, they're brown motherfuckers that don't speak God's language".

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

What is swifter deportation going to do? They'll just come right back.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

@dave123321 said:

Holy smokes

Hello ol buddy

What's up Dave? This place is as slow as ever and I am not talking about the number of posts made either.

@TruthTellers said:
@WhiteKnight77 said:

@TruthTellers said:

I do not want anyone sneaking through. A 300 yard minefield would stop illegals from flooding across the border, even if they try. They are already dying in the deserts of the southern US, just in a worse way, dehydration and starvation is not a fun way to go. At least blowing up is quick. I also think sharpshooters at legal border crossings would be a good thing too.

Sorry Dave, my views on illegal immigration hasn't changed. Now Obama is spending money on it in really stupid ways.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20  Edited By br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

@WhiteKnight77 said:

I do not want anyone sneaking through. A 300 yard minefield would stop illegals from flooding across the border, even if they try. They are already dying in the deserts of the southern US, just in a worse way, dehydration and starvation is not a fun way to go. At least blowing up is quick. I also think sharpshooters at legal border crossings would be a good thing too.

Sorry Dave, my views on illegal immigration hasn't changed. Now Obama is spending money on it in really stupid ways.

Mines are more known for maiming than killing.

Wilfred_Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#21 Wilfred_Owen
Member since 2005 • 20964 Posts

@br0kenrabbit said:

@WhiteKnight77 said:

Mines are more known for maiming than killing.

Bleeding out of a stump isn't painful dude. Get. With. The. Mother. Fuckin. Times. Landmine noobs. Gawd.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178833 Posts

@WhiteKnight77 said:

@TruthTellers said:

Hell dude I'm against illegal immigration....but no...just no.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

Forget the kids what about the drugs

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@WhiteKnight77 said:

@TruthTellers said:

LOL you are a sick human being.

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#25 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

So like one illegal immigrant out of a thousand will now be detained for a bit. That should get the job done.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@WhiteKnight77 said:

@TruthTellers said:

You're fucked in the head if you actually support this.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dave123321

@WhiteKnight77: I'm doing good. Same old same old. How have you been?

As for the forum performance I no longer dread trying to read and post, but it's still lacking.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Master_Live

@TruthTellers said:

What about snipers? A couple of dozen headshots and I bet they will get the idea?

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 dave123321

@WhiteKnight77: as for the minefield idea, do we really want to deny them their humanity, the idea that they are human beings. Do we really want to deny ourselves our own humanity? To lose who we are as a people, to lose our very nature. Because if we go down that road we are simply barbaric animals that deserve the full brunt of international intervention.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

Well, Washington needs to do something. The problem is so many people (to include people in this very thread) consider anybody who is against looking the other way when it comes to illegal aliens is a racist. Then you have people blaming us for the deaths of people who die while trying to cross into the country illegally.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I know my wife tends to be against illegal immigration. Her relatives immigrated the legal way which took a lot of time and effort. They're all in agreement about needing to shorten the waiting time. If the waiting times were shortened sufficiently, perhaps those attempting to immigrate the illegal way will consider otherwise. Of course, they're still subject to interviews and screening. But, at least there's a realistic timetable.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 dave123321

Yeah reform the legal road and make it easier

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

... Just make the penalties of hiring illegals far greater and become more active in it's enforcement in policing businesses... After all we can far more effectively trace businesses as opposed to trying to hunt down every single illegal alien out there.. Illegals coming over to the country is a symptom to the businesses and people breaking the laws in hiring them for slave wages... Whats that you say? It may destroy the industries that depend off this cheap labor? Pretty simple, pull a portion of the unnecessary and enormous subsidy oil companies get and put it into that industry to compensate.. Most of these illegal aliens would not be coming over here if they couldn't get hired..

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@jun_aka_pekto said:

I know my wife tends to be against illegal immigration. Her relatives immigrated the legal way which took a lot of time and effort. They're all in agreement about needing to shorten the waiting time. If the waiting times were shortened sufficiently, perhaps those attempting to immigrate the illegal way will consider otherwise. Of course, they're still subject to interviews and screening. But, at least there's a realistic timetable.

I doubt it.. The people that are running across the borders are risking their lives because they are desperate, I doubt a shortened waiting time will some how change that.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Master_Live

@sSubZerOo said:

... Just make the penalties of hiring illegals far greater and become more active in it's enforcement in policing businesses... After all we can far more effectively trace businesses as opposed to trying to hunt down every single illegal alien out there.. Illegals coming over to the country is a symptom to the businesses and people breaking the laws in hiring them for slave wages... Whats that you say? It may destroy the industries that depend off this cheap labor? Pretty simple, pull a portion of the unnecessary and enormous subsidy oil companies get and put it into that industry to compensate.. Most of these illegal aliens would not be coming over here if they couldn't get hired..

No, no subsidies. Not for oil or which ever industries benefits from illegal immigrant cheap labor.

edinsftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 edinsftw
Member since 2009 • 4243 Posts

@sSubZerOo said:

This. If you start fining companies heavily for hiring illegals they will not hire them and if they do they will learn their lesson or go out of business. I mean I knew illegals that went to school with me...how the hell does that happen...how do they get into high school and college being illegal..?

TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TruthTellers
@StrifeDelivery said:

@TruthTellers said:
@WhiteKnight77 said:

@TruthTellers said:

You know there are other ways to cross into the US than jumping the fence, right?

Yeah, the easiest way currently is to just walk across the border where their aren't fences. Of course there are other ways to cross the border but the majority of those that do come here do it by hopping the fence or crossing the Rio Grande. Putting more manpower and material on the border will cut that drastically and why that's not being done and hasn't been done for decades is bullshit.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Master_Live

@farrell2k said:

@TruthTellers said:

Why the hell did it take so damn long for the Obama Administration to act on this? Did Biden need to go down and speak with these Banana republics to get permission to enforce our God damn laws? I didn't know that we needed the consent of the Salvadoran President to enforce the laws of the United States in the United States. Hey, how bout when we bring the "mastermind" of the Benghazi attack to trail we ask the Libyan President if it's okay to charge him with murder? Just when the **** did America lose it's balls?

The Obama administration has deported more illegals than any other. Eh, never mind...

High deportation figures are misleading

From the article:

The portrait of a steadily increasing number of deportations rests on statistics that conceal almost as much as they disclose. A closer examination shows that immigrants living illegally in most of the continental U.S. are less likely to be deported today than before Obama came to office, according to immigration data.

Expulsions of people who are settled and working in the United States have fallen steadily since his first year in office, and are down more than 40% since 2009.

On the other side of the ledger, the number of people deported at or near the border has gone up — primarily as a result of changing who gets counted in the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency's deportation statistics.

The vast majority of those border crossers would not have been treated as formal deportations under most previous administrations. If all removals were tallied, the total sent back to Mexico each year would have been far higher under those previous administrations than it is now.

Until recent years, mostpeople caught illegally crossing the southern border were simply bused back into Mexico in what officials called "voluntary returns," but which critics derisively termed "catch and release." Those removals, which during the 1990s reached more 1 million a year, were not counted in Immigration and Customs Enforcement's deportation statistics.

Now, the vast majority of border crossers who are apprehended get fingerprinted and formally deported. The change began during the George W. Bush administration and accelerated under Obama. The policy stemmed in part from a desire to ensure that people who had crossed into the country illegally would have formal charges on their records.

In the Obama years, all of the increase in deportations has involved people picked up within 100 miles of the border, most of whom have just recently crossed over. In 2013, almost two-thirds of deportations were in that category.

"If you are a run-of-the-mill immigrant here illegally, your odds of getting deported are close to zero — it's just highly unlikely to happen," John Sandweg, until recently the acting director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement, said in an interview.

Deportations of people apprehended in the interior of the U.S., which the immigration agency defines as more than 100 miles from the border, dropped from 237,941 in Obama's first year to 133,551 in 2013, according to immigration data. Four out of five of those deportees came to the attention of immigration authorities after criminal convictions.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that is that.

TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 TruthTellers
@farrell2k said:

@TruthTellers said:

The Obama administration has deported more illegals than any other. Eh, never mind...

Yeah, because I specifically blamed Obama in that post necessitating your defense of him. My problem is why the hell it's taking so long to deport the people who've broken the country's law in this recent immigrant surge and the millions that we are paying to feed them and shelter them. The sheer amount of people who have showed up all at once has clearly shocked the Border Patrol's system and they're strected to the brink both in manpower and finances. Every day that goes by is a further strain on the system so there's no reason to waste immigration courts time discussing the finer details about the 60,000+ who came here illegally or to discuss things over with Hoduras' or Guetamala's Presidents. The immigrants should be given a day's notice that they're being sent back to the disease ridden slums they came from because the US can't take anymore uneducated, non-English speaking bums who the majority of which will wind up on benefits that the nation can't afford.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 -Sun_Tzu-

@TruthTellers said:
@StrifeDelivery said:

@TruthTellers said:
@WhiteKnight77 said:

@TruthTellers said:

Yeah, the easiest way currently is to just walk across the border where their aren't fences. Of course there are other ways to cross the border but the majority of those that do come here do it by hopping the fence or crossing the Rio Grande. Putting more manpower and material on the border will cut that drastically and why that's not being done and hasn't been done for decades is bullshit.

Crossing the border illegally is easily the most dangerous way to get into this country. There's really nothing easy about it.

The easiest way to illegally immigrate is by getting a visa and then just never leaving. About 40% of illegal immigrants in the US migrated this way.

TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By TruthTellers

@-Sun_Tzu- said:

@TruthTellers said:
@StrifeDelivery said:

@TruthTellers said:
@WhiteKnight77 said:

@TruthTellers said:

Crossing the border illegally is easily the most dangerous way to get into this country. There's really nothing easy about it.

The easiest way to illegally immigrate is by getting a visa and then just never leaving. About 40% of illegal immigrants in the US migrated this way.

Which still leaves 60% to finding alternative ways. Look, building a fence and staffing a border isn't just a means to reducing unlawful entry into the US, but to also reduce the ease of which drugs are smuggled into the country and God knows what else.

TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 TruthTellers

And by God knows what else, I'm talking about the psychotic religious murders in Iraq who have captured powerful military weaponry that can destroy passanger planes and more.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 -Sun_Tzu-

@TruthTellers said:

@-Sun_Tzu- said:

@TruthTellers said:
@StrifeDelivery said:

@TruthTellers said:
@WhiteKnight77 said:

@TruthTellers said:

Which still leaves 60% to finding alternative ways. Look, building a fence and staffing a border isn't just a means to reducing unlawful entry into the US, but to also reduce the ease of which drugs are smuggled into the country and God knows what else.

That's assuming your wall has a 100% success rate, which is ridiculous to assume. And as you just said, it'll only cause these people to look for alternatives, which would probably mean finding even more dangerous ways to get into this country. You aren't providing a solution you're just suggesting a band-aid, or to be more accurate three-fifths of a band-aid.

Real solutions are policies that actually reduce the number of people trying to illegally immigrate into this country. Things like reforming the highly bureaucratic immigration system in this country to make legal immigration a more realistic alternative for would-be illegals, reforming NAFTA, rethinking our federal agriculture policies. Aside from being more effective these reforms would also be much more humanitarian than anything you're proposing.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 -Sun_Tzu-

@TruthTellers said:

And by God knows what else, I'm talking about the psychotic religious murders in Iraq who have captured powerful military weaponry that can destroy passanger planes and more.

lol

now you're just letting your imagination run wild

TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By TruthTellers

@-Sun_Tzu- said:

@TruthTellers said:

lol

now you're just letting your imagination run wild

Becuase it can't happen here...

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Master_Live

Immigration laws need to be reform and update but let me clear, there is no right to emigrate to the United States. The US decides who gets in, and it won't be everybody. The truth is that a significant portion of the current illegal immigrants living in the US aren't exactly the kind of immigrant that the US should be looking for.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 -Sun_Tzu-

@Master_Live said:

Immigration laws need to be reform and update but let me clear, there is no right to emigrate to the United States. The US decides who gets in, and it won't be everybody. The truth is that a significant portion of the current illegal immigrants living in the US aren't exactly the kind of immigrant that the US should be looking for.

Who gets to decide who's a desirable and who's an undesirable?

XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts

@Master_Live said:

Thats an interesting statement. Do you have any more information? What's significant?

Today, the number of illegal immigrants has never been higher between an estimated 10 - 20 million, depending on the source. But violent crimes and property crimes has never been the lowest since the 60's or the 70's. Why do you think that is?