Tyler, 17, kills parents and host a party.

• 147 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts

(CNN) -- A Florida teen bludgeoned his parents to death with a hammer, stashed their bodies in a bedroom, then hosted dozens of people for a house party, police said Monday.

Around 1:30 p.m. Saturday, Port St. Lucie Police Capt. Don Kryak said Hadley posted an invitation on Facebook, inviting friends to a party at his house.

Sometime after that, police said he used a 22-inch framing hammer to fatally beat his parents -- Blake and Mary-Jo Hadley -- in the head and torso outside their master bedroom door of their Port St. Lucie home. He then dragged them inside the room and used "books, files, towels, anything that he could find inside the home to cover the bodies," Nichols said.

Then, the teenager proceeded to party.

Between 40 and 60 people turned up sometime after 9 p.m., according to police. Nichols said that "during the party and after the party, there was a rumor that perhaps Tyler had killed his parents." But, while saying police wanted to talk to more partygoers, he did not indicate if anyone else saw the dead couple's bodies locked in the master bedroom.

Tyler Hadley, 17, is in police custody, booked just before 5 p.m. Monday on two counts of second-degree murder with a weapon, according to the St. Lucie County Sheriff's website. Port St. Lucie Police spokesman Tom Nichols told reporters earlier that the teenage boy, who will be tried as an adult, was denied bond.

CNN.

Was it worth it? I blame Facebook.

ScottMescudi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 ScottMescudi
Member since 2011 • 1550 Posts

2011, year of the psychopaths. :|

First it was Casey Anthony, then it was the two sons that killed their mother over a game of Yahtzee, and now this?

Aquat1cF1sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Aquat1cF1sh
Member since 2006 • 11096 Posts
My name is Tyler. :cry: But wow... So he killed them because they wouldn't let him have a party?
hadoken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hadoken
Member since 2003 • 2730 Posts
damn, getting hit in the back of the head with a hammer is one of the worst ways to die
ABCarmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ABCarmine
Member since 2011 • 1937 Posts

This is why I never want to have kids. Constant fear of them plotting to kill me....

Avatar image for deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
Member since 2007 • 11536 Posts

so i am the one who is going to compare this to Casey Anthony? :(

Aquat1cF1sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Aquat1cF1sh

so i am the one who is going to compare this to Casey Anthony? :(

munchlax99
...Ahhh, now I see the connection. :P
eboyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 eboyishere
Member since 2011 • 12681 Posts

im glad underage guys are getting adult penalties now....some of them clearly need help

damn, getting hit in the back of the head with a hammer is one of the worst ways to diehadoken

i would say drawning is worst..to me

ABCarmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ABCarmine

im glad underage guys are getting adult penalties now....some of them clearly need help

[QUOTE="hadoken"]damn, getting hit in the back of the head with a hammer is one of the worst ways to dieeboyishere

Burning alive, that has to be the worst...

Orayus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#11 Orayus
Member since 2002 • 565 Posts
Why is the world getting worse?
eboyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 eboyishere
Member since 2011 • 12681 Posts

[QUOTE="eboyishere"]

[QUOTE="hadoken"]damn, getting hit in the back of the head with a hammer is one of the worst ways to dieABCarmine

lol 2 conversations at once :p

burning to death is on a whole another level lol

FoShizzle17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 FoShizzle17
Member since 2006 • 2170 Posts

This kid is... absolutely insane. Brutally murders his parents and then just forgets about it and has a party. Lunatic.

hadoken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hadoken

[QUOTE="eboyishere"]

[QUOTE="hadoken"]damn, getting hit in the back of the head with a hammer is one of the worst ways to dieABCarmine

yep definitely burning, but imagine being deep down in a cold dark ocean in the middle of no-where while its dark and all you see is darkness and sharks possibly around
ABCarmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ABCarmine

[QUOTE="ABCarmine"]

[QUOTE="eboyishere"]

hadoken

yep definitely burning, but imagine being deep down in a cold dark ocean in the middle of no-where while its dark and all you see is darkness and sharks possibly around

That would be bad

as I see it

Skinned alive>Burned alive>Eaten alive>Watching Dane Cook do comedy.Drowning>buried alive.

Omni-Wrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Omni-Wrath
Member since 2008 • 1970 Posts

[QUOTE="ABCarmine"]

[QUOTE="eboyishere"]

hadoken

At least you die fast. Burning alive is fast as well.

Thirst or dying to hunger would be...painful.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

My name is Tyler. :cry: But wow... So he killed them because they wouldn't let him have a party? Aquat1cF1sh

Maybe. But if that's the case, you certainly weren't to get that from the original post or from the article which the topic creator has provided a link to.

The only thing we're seeing here is a sequence of events. As in, "teen hosts party, murders parents, then continues with the party." That's fundamentally no different than "teen plays Grand Theft Auto 4, murders parents, then continues playing Grand Theft Auto 4".

But notice that if you actually click on the link and then scroll WAY down to the bottom of the article, you'll see this..."Nichols said police do not know why the teen, who has made "no incriminating statements," may have killed his parents.". Notice how the headline and the opening paragraphs give you the impression that the kid killed his parents in order to have a party. But then if you scroll way down to the end of the article, it's explicitly stated that no one knows why the kid killed his parents.

Darthkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 Darthkaiser
Member since 2006 • 12447 Posts
Not only he killed his parents but he threw a party?? Messed up kid.
UCF_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 UCF_Knight
Member since 2010 • 6863 Posts
damn, getting hit in the back of the head with a hammer is one of the worst ways to diehadoken
Disagreed. As long as it is with enough force, you're knocked unconscious almost immediately. More like, watching your spouse beaten to death with a hammer, and then subsequently getting beaten to death by a hammer soon after, via your son, has to be one of the worst ways to die,
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
Why is the world getting worse?Orayus
In the first half of the century more than 60 million people from a single country died in a way relating to a single war. We've always been monsters, we just have coverage of the little things now.
lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts
I think the kid skipped the page where it said Joe Chill killed Bruce Wayne's parents.
ABCarmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ABCarmine

[QUOTE="hadoken"]damn, getting hit in the back of the head with a hammer is one of the worst ways to dieUCF_Knight
Disagreed. As long as it is with enough force, you're knocked unconscious almost immediately. More like, watching your spouse beaten to death with a hammer, and then subsequently getting beaten to death by a hammer soon after, via your son, has to be one of the worst ways to die,

Still think watching Dane Cook do standup is a really bad way to die.

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
I'm at a loss for words. That's repulsive.
Aquat1cF1sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Aquat1cF1sh

[QUOTE="Aquat1cF1sh"]My name is Tyler. :cry: But wow... So he killed them because they wouldn't let him have a party? MrGeezer

Maybe. But if that's the case, you certainly weren't to get that from the original post or from the article which the topic creator has provided a link to.

The only thing we're seeing here is a sequence of events. As in, "teen hosts party, murders parents, then continues with the party." That's fundamentally no different than "teen plays Grand Theft Auto 4, murders parents, then continues playing Grand Theft Auto 4".

But notice that if you actually click on the link and then scroll WAY down to the bottom of the article, you'll see this..."Nichols said police do not know why the teen, who has made "no incriminating statements," may have killed his parents.". Notice how the headline and the opening paragraphs give you the impression that the kid killed his parents in order to have a party. But then if you scroll way down to the end of the article, it's explicitly stated that no one knows why the kid killed his parents.

I read the article. But thank you for your assistance. :)
hadoken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hadoken

[QUOTE="Omni-Wrath"]

[QUOTE="hadoken"] yep definitely burning, but imagine being deep down in a cold dark ocean in the middle of no-where while its dark and all you see is darkness and sharks possibly aroundInEMplease

Imagine someone sawing your neck only slightly past the bone

*faints*

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#28 JediXMan
Member since 2007 • 5238 Posts

[QUOTE="hadoken"][QUOTE="ABCarmine"]

ABCarmine

That would be bad

as I see it

Skinned alive>Burned alive>Eaten alive>Watching Dane Cook do comedy.Drowning>buried alive.

Reverse buried alive with drowning for me. I think being buried alive is worse.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MrGeezer

[QUOTE=somebody]

This kid is... absolutely insane. Brutally murders his parents and then just forgets about it and has a party. Lunatic.

In all fairness, he already sent out the invitations. What's he supposed to do? Send out emails saying "Sry, party cancelled cuz I just murdered my parents...lulz"?

Granted, he probably could have found a smarter way of unsuspiciously cancelling the party, but cut him some slack. He just murdered his parents, so maybe he wasn't thinking straight. In any case, I think it's pretty clear that he didn't FORGET about murdering his parents, seeing as how he tried to hide his parents' bodies and tried to act normal.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts
I bet they got really hammered at that party.
GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 GodofBigMacs
Member since 2008 • 6440 Posts
I can only think of one way to respond... WHAT. THE. ****.
ABCarmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ABCarmine

I bet they got really hammered at that party.sammyjenkis898

How can 17 year olds get away with drinking_!!?? His parents need to step up and take a sr- oh.... wait...

ScottMescudi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ScottMescudi
Nice one :P
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#35 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
too soon.
Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts
2nd degree murder? Sounds pretty firsty to me...
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MrGeezer

I read the article. But thank you for your assistance. :)Aquat1cF1sh

Meanwhile, a hell of a lot of people think that videogames cause murders, due to having read articles.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts

Stop, hammer time!

Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts

In all fairness, he already sent out the invitations. What's he supposed to do? Send out emails saying "Sry, party cancelled cuz I just murdered my parents...lulz"?

Granted, he probably could have found a smarter way of unsuspiciously cancelling the party, but cut him some slack. He just murdered his parents, so maybe he wasn't thinking straight. In any case, I think it's pretty clear that he didn't FORGET about murdering his parents, seeing as how he tried to hide his parents' bodies and tried to act normal.

MrGeezer

I doubt he forgot, but, 'cut him some slack'? I'm guessing that's a joke? maybe?

loserbam828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 loserbam828
Member since 2005 • 1713 Posts

Stop, hammer time!

sammyjenkis898

He must have stopped after that! LOL!

GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 GodofBigMacs
Member since 2008 • 6440 Posts

[QUOTE=somebody]

MrGeezer

IDK what you're trying to do to cut him some slack. HE MURDERED HIS PARENTS. HE CLEARLY WAS INSANE. Yet he partied like nothing happened, to boot. Besides, you'd be surprised how easy it is to cancel parties/plans and stuff. Rarely, people give it a second thought as long as you don't make it suspicious and just say something like "Can't do it today, sorry guys". All in all, I seriously have no idea how you're trying to defend his actions.
majoras_wrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 majoras_wrath
Member since 2005 • 6062 Posts

First it was Casey Anthony, then it was the two sons that killed their mother over a game of Yahtzee, and now this?

ScottMescudi

Do you not pay attention to the news in others years? :?

awesomeface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 awesomeface
Member since 2007 • 3661 Posts

Omni-Wrath

Freezing to death would be much worse than being burned alive.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MrGeezer

"Hey guys! Booze in the fridge, pizza on they way, don't mind the horrible smell!"

InEMplease

Invitations were given at 1:30 PM. The party started at 9 PM.

Meanwhile, the parents were killed "sometime after the invitations were sent, and sometime before the party started." Best case scenario, they were murdered an hour before the party started. Worst case scenario, they were murdered right after the invitations were sent, at about 1:45 PM. In either case, that isn't nearly long enough for the corpses to start to stink, particularly when the dead bodies were entirely located in a home which was likely air-conditioned and reasonably weather-sealed. Even lying out in the open in the summer heat in freaking Florida, it takes a lot longer than that for a dead body to start stinking.

UCF_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 UCF_Knight

[QUOTE="Omni-Wrath"]At least you die fast. Burning alive is fast as well.

awesomeface

How? Even people with extreme cases of hypothermia often don't feel a thing, and just seem to fall asleep. Freezing alive would be relatively pain free. Burning alive, on the other hand.. that would be awful. Sure it'd be quicker, but you sure as hell wouldn't fall asleep.
UCF_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 UCF_Knight

In either case, that isn't nearly long enough for the corpses to start to stink, particularly when the dead bodies were entirely located in a home which was likely air-conditioned and reasonably weather-sealed. Even lying out in the open in the summer heat in freaking Florida, it takes a lot longer than that for a dead body to start stinking.

MrGeezer

You've killed some people in your day haven't you..

awesomeface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 awesomeface
Member since 2007 • 3661 Posts
[QUOTE="awesomeface"]

[QUOTE="Omni-Wrath"]At least you die fast. Burning alive is fast as well.

UCF_Knight

How? Even people with extreme cases of hypothermia often don't feel a thing, and just seem to fall asleep. Freezing alive would be relatively pain free. Burning alive, on the other hand.. that would be awful. Sure it'd be quicker, but you sure as hell wouldn't fall asleep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuvfFMY4EbA
M4Ntan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#49 M4Ntan
Member since 2009 • 1438 Posts

eboyishere

im glad young women are getting set free...

ScottMescudi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ScottMescudi

[QUOTE="ScottMescudi"]

majoras_wrath

Do you not pay attention to the news in others years? :?

Of course I do, I just don't see much news like kids killing their parents over parties or a game of yahtzee and a lot of other news I haven't pointed out from the past years.