Trump responds to Muslim-Americans from DNC

• 94 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

“Go look at the graves of brave patriots who died defending the United States of America,” Khan said, addressing Trump. “You will see all faiths, genders and ethnicities. You have sacrificed nothing and no one.”

Trump appeared to try to brush the speech aside, saying that Khan “was, you know, very emotional and probably looked like a nice guy to me.”

Trump also said, "If you look at his wife, she was standing there. She had nothing to say. She probably, maybe she wasn't allowed to have anything to say. You tell me."

In an interview with ABC today, Ghazala said she did not speak because she was "in pain."

"Please. I am very upset when I heard when he said that I didn't say anything. I was in pain. If you were in pain you fight or you don't say anything, I’m not a fighter, I can't fight. So the best thing I do was quiet," Ghazala said.

Khizr Khan said he asked his wife of 42 years to speak, but she declined, knowing she would be too emotional.

"I invited her, would you like to say something on the stage when the invitation came, and she said, 'You know how it is with me, how upset I get,'" he said.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trump-father-fallen-soldier-ive-made-lot/story?id=41015051

And this morning, Ghazala Khan wrote an Op-Ed piece in WaPo.

Donald Trump has asked why I did not speak at the Democratic convention. He said he would like to hear from me. Here is my answer to Donald Trump: Because without saying a thing, all the world, all America, felt my pain. I am a Gold Star mother. Whoever saw me felt me in their heart.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ghazala-khan-donald-trump-criticized-my-silence-he-knows-nothing-about-true-sacrifice/2016/07/31/c46e52ec-571c-11e6-831d-0324760ca856_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_op-khan-951am%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

His response and the subsequent fall out is causing a stir in the media and political sphere this weekend.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44102 Posts

I really don't know what to say about this clown anymore, it's just beyond ridiculous at this point. Why do people continue to support him?

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3  Edited By AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

@Archangel3371:

I don't get it, Hillary is not as awful as people make her out to be.

Now, of course, the lame Trump people will likely respond with all kinds of BS and long diatribes to say how awful they think she is. Republican tools.

sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 sayyy-gaa
Member since 2002 • 5850 Posts

Again I say...8 years to plan for this very moment and THIS is what the Rep party came up with?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

I'm failing to see what exactly Trump said that's so offensive, It's almost like he's being blamed for his sons death. You could say this muslim father is a bit of a scum bag himself for using his sons death to boaster the democratic convention. Also Hillary is the one who voted for the Iraq war.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305

@Crossel777 said:

I'm failing to see what exactly Trump said that's so offensive, It's almost like he's being blamed for his sons death. You could say this muslim father is a bit of a scum bag himself for using his sons death to boaster the democratic convention. Also Hillary is the one who voted for the Iraq war.

You don't think it's offensive that he openly stereotyped those people? The father just used the DNC as a platform to add his own 2 cents into America's democracy. I don't think that makes him a "scum bag" at all. Is he not allowed to tell his son's story? I don't get your issue.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#7  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@Crossel777 said:

Ridiculous post.

Trump is not being blamed for the son's death. What he's being blamed for:

a) Taking a shot at Islam by implying that the wife wasn't allowed to speak (even though she had given a live TV interview).

b) Implying that his business success is somehow a sacrifice.

To call the father a scumbag for his speech is so off base. If Trump is threatening to block the entry of Muslims into the US, this father is well within his rights to use the story of his son's death to make a point about the constitutionality and the morality of Trump's proposed policies and rhetoric. And why wouldn't he want to bolster the Democratic convention. He is deeply angered by what Trump has said and thus he wants to see Trump go down in flames.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GreySeal9

@Aljosa23 said:
@Crossel777 said:

You don't think it's offensive that he openly stereotyped those people? The father just used the DNC as a platform to add his own 2 cents into America's democracy. I don't think that makes him a "scum bag" at all. Is he not allowed to tell his son's story? I don't get your issue.

His issue is that he's a Trump supporter and he doesn't want to believe that Trump said something offensive.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

And this clown could be the freakin' Leader of the Free World... scary.

Get your sh** together Americans!

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GreySeal9

Not related, but I didn't want to create a new thread for this.

Apparently Trump got stuck in an elevator and then blasted the Fire Marshal that helped rescue him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

@GreySeal9 said:
@Crossel777 said:

a) Taking a shot at Islam by implying that the wife wasn't allowed to speak (even though she had given a live TV interview).

Obviously. I was implying that the media are making such a massive deal over something so little that you would think that Donald Trump has been accused of the sons death.

He made an assumption based off common knowledge. Islam does treat women like crap. Obviously that's not the case for all muslims but it does happen I'm afraid. It's happening in Germany and France as we speak.

There are sacrifices to be made in the business world also. Money and peoples livelihoods are on the line with each decision that is made. Also you could say that Trump at this very moment is making the ultimate sacrifice by running for president. There are most likely people out there that would want to take his life. Heck people have already made attempts on his life and threats to his family. You realize he could of chosen to do none of this right now and lived out his life on some beach paradise somewhere. He can do that. He gains nothing of self interest through becoming president(other than making america great again of course, which benefits everybody). People hate his guts but he continues anyway. He has impressive determination, a good leadership quality to have.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178837 Posts

@Crossel777 said:

Stereotypes are offensive.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By GreySeal9

@Crossel777 said:
@GreySeal9 said:
@Crossel777 said:

Obviously. I was implying that the media are making such a massive deal over something so little that you would think that Donald Trump has been accused of the sons death.

He made an assumption based off common knowledge. Islam does treat women like crap. Obviously that's not the case for all muslims but it does happen I'm afraid. It's happening in Germany and France as we speak.

There are sacrifices to be made in the business world also. Money and peoples livelihoods are on the line with each decision that is made. Also you could say that Trump at this very moment is making the ultimate sacrifice by running for president. There are most likely people out there that would want to take his life. Heck people have already made attempts on his life and threats to his family. You realize he could of chosen to do none of this right now and lived out his life on some beach paradise somewhere. He can do that. He gains nothing of self interest through becoming president. People hate his guts but he continues anyway. He has impressive determination, a good leadership quality to have.

This is not something little. You only think it's little because you're constantly kissing Trump's ring.

A potential President should not make the kind of assumptions that an ignorant layperson might make. He should have the depth and knowledge refrain from making such an assumption, especially after she had already given a live TV interview. Do you think Obama or Clinton or Bush or Romney or McCain would say something like this? They wouldn't because they know better.

Also, even though Islam does have some deep problems in regards to women, a potential President should not stereotype religions. The President has to be a leader to people of ALL religions. They can't act like a person on the Internet.

The business sacrifice point doesn't fly because he's not making sacrifices for the country, he's making "sacrifices" to line his own pocket. Making money is fine, but don't try to pretend that it's some sacrifice for America. Not to mention that he has a history of stiffing people, but I'm sure you'll come up with a way to excuse that.

He gains nothing of self-interest by becoming President? Are you kidding?

That Trump Kool-Aid is fucking strong.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

I can't wait for Trump to be named president. It will be a glorious day and I'm not even from America. I'm a brexiteer. I made my country great also. Time for America to do the same.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
@Crossel777 said:

I'm a brexiteer.

hahahahahaha

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@Aljosa23 said:
@Crossel777 said:

I'm a brexiteer.

hahahahahaha

Is that what those losers are calling themselves?

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#18  Edited By deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

It was amazing to see him refute Khan's claim of "Donald Trump has never sacrificed anything for his country" by going "I have sacrificed a lot, employing thousands of people." The lack of interface with reality, jesus, it is astounding.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GreySeal9

@hillelslovak said:

It was amazing to see him refute Khan's claim of "Donald Trump has never sacrificed anything for his country" by going "I have sacrificed a lot, employing thousands of people." The lack of interface with reality, jesus, it is astounding.

The idiot literally doesn't understand the definition of the word sacrifice.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AFBrat77

@Crossel777:

It is not likely he will be president....by Crom he better not be!

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GreySeal9

A good article about this.

Today, Ghazala Khan published a Washington Post op-ed entitled, "Trump criticized my silence. He knows nothing about true sacrifice."

For Trump, it gets worse from there. Khan writes:

I cannot walk into a room with pictures of Humayun. For all these years, I haven’t been able to clean the closet where his things are — I had to ask my daughter-in-law to do it. Walking onto the convention stage, with a huge picture of my son behind me, I could hardly control myself. What mother could? Donald Trump has children whom he loves. Does he really need to wonder why I did not speak?

Donald Trump said that maybe I wasn’t allowed to say anything. That is not true. My husband asked me if I wanted to speak, but I told him I could not. My religion teaches me that all human beings are equal in God’s eyes. Husband and wife are part of each other; you should love and respect each other so you can take care of the family.

When Donald Trump is talking about Islam, he is ignorant.

A quick recap, in case you’re late to this: The most emotional moment of the Democratic National Convention was the speech by Khizr Khan, the bereaved father of Army Captain Humayun Khan. With his wife Ghazala by his side, Khan recalled his son’s character, his faith, his patriotism — and, ultimately, his courageous death in the service of the country he loved, and the fellow soldiers he was protecting.

Trump, for no reason at all, responded to this speech wondering whether Ghazala Khan hadn’t spoken on the stage because, as a Muslim woman, her husband wouldn’t permit her to talk in public. "If you look at his wife, she was standing there," he said, on national television. "She had nothing to say. She probably, maybe she wasn't allowed to have anything to say."

Trump’s slander of Ghazala Khan was cruel. It was factually untrue. But it was also deeply, profoundly counterproductive — a man so angry about being cut off in traffic that he crashes his own car in revenge.

The Democratic National Convention was, by all accounts, a rousing success. What Trump needed to do was move on from it as quickly as possible — get the press talking about something else, get voters thinking about something else.

Instead, he’s managed to not only extend the DNC’s dominance of the news cycle, but to extend the most powerful moment, and the most compelling speakers’, time in the spotlight.

It’s easy to forget now but the Khans didn’t appear in the 10-11pm hour carried by the networks. They were a sensation on Twitter, and I’m sure millions saw their words on Facebook, but the truth is most Americans, as of Friday, had no idea who they were or what they had said. I remember, after the speech, listening to Democrats lament that the Clinton campaign hadn’t put them higher on the schedule: the Khans were clearly the most effective anti-Trump messengers at the convention, but barely anyone would know it.

Luckily for the Clinton campaign, Trump has solved that problem for them. Now the Khans will be in the press for days. Clips of their speech will be played on every newscast nationwide. They will be guests on the biggest programs, they will write op-eds in the biggest papers. Their story will be told and retold, as will Trump’s dishonorable, petulant, and slanderous response. Trump will get the Khans more press and more visibility than the DNC ever did.

Even aside from its gauge as a measure of Trump’s cruelty, this episode reveals a few important truths about Donald Trump.

First, Trump is great at getting into the headlines, but he’s not great at getting the headlines he wants. He operates off of an all-press-is-good-press strategy that might have worked when he needed to stand out in a crowded primary but is a disaster now that he needs to win over undecided voters in Ohio. The National Review’s Reihan Salam had a good Twitter riff to this effect:

30 JulReihan Salam @reihan

Best, most obvious counter for Trump re: Khan: hammer HRC for Iraq. Instead, took the bait. Said creating US jobs was a sacrifice.

FollowReihan Salam @reihan

He always takes the bait.

2:59 PM - 30 Jul 2016
  • 3030 Retweets
  • 6767 likes

Here's what he could have said: "Look, I'm not going to compare my sacrifice to a parent who lost a child. That's the ultimate sacrifice."

"This is not about me. This is about the hard calls a president has to make. Hillary supported the Iraq War, and thousands died ..."

"... including that brave young man. I won't get our country into reckless wars, period." This might've been unfair. But effective.

23hReihan Salam @reihan

"Why was he called up for duty? To protect our freedom? Or to make up for a terrible mistake made by a corrupt elite?" Unfair but effective.

FollowReihan Salam @reihan

Smart communicators don't get baited into fixating on themselves and their wounded pride.

3:08 PM - 30 Jul 2016
  • 5252 Retweets
  • 128128 likes

The second thing, as Salam says at the end of his argument, is that Trump is easily baited. He couldn’t swallow his hurt and anger over the Khan’s speech, he had to lash out, to fight back, to smear them in response. This doesn’t make sense if you understand the goal of an election as getting elected, but it does make sense if you understand the goal of an election as playing out an endless series of dominance games.

This is a point TPM’s Josh Marshall has repeatedly made about Trump. A need for dominance, Marshall writes, "is the key to understanding virtually everything Trump does. Whatever is actually happening he tries to refashion it into a dominance ritual or at least will not engage before performing one. You saw that in those numerous examples where he said he would participate in a debate but only after the other party wrote a major check to charity. It's primal."

The Khans’ speech hurt Trump. He watched it. He read the coverage of it. He felt slighted, inferior, humiliated. And so he needed to rebalance the scales. He needed to regain his dominance. He seems confused that anyone faults him for this — isn’t it obvious that they attacked him, and so he should get to attack them back?

FollowDonald J. Trump ✔@realDonaldTrump

I was viciously attacked by Mr. Khan at the Democratic Convention. Am I not allowed to respond? Hillary voted for the Iraq war, not me!

7:32 AM - 31 Jul 2016
  • 12,86312,863 Retweets
  • 37,40637,406 likes

This is the logic of a schoolyard bully, which Trump is. But it’s a dangerous mindset for a president.

Putting Trump in the Oval Office would open a huge vulnerability in our national security. It’s much easier to bait Trump than it is to attack the United States. Our enemies’ aim is often to provoke us into overreacting and overcommitting abroad because they can’t hope to seriously hurt us here. With Trump in control of the armed forces, the path to manipulating us into that kind of overreaction would be clear.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

@AFBrat77:

He's winning the polls and this little stunt the democrats are trying to pull with this muslim I doubt is going to sway public opinion too much if at all. It's just a sob story. I have faith in the american people that they wont fall for such a stunt. People can see through Hillary's lies just by looking at her smile. The smile of deception.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By GreySeal9

@Crossel777 said:

@AFBrat77:

He's winning the polls and this little stunt the democrats are trying to pull with this muslim I doubt is going to sway public opinion too much if at all. It's just a sob story. I have faith in the american people that they wont fall for such a stunt. People can see through Hillary's lies just by looking at her smile. The smile of deception.

He's not ahead in the polls.

The latest polls:

Morning Consult-Clinton 43%, Trump 40% (7 point swing to Clinton)

Public Policy Polling-Clinton 46%, Trump 41%

RABA Research-Clinton 46%, Trump 31 % (10 point swing to Clinton)

Ipsos Reuters-Clinton 40%, Trump 35%

Link to polls

Even Rassmusen, a notriously Republican pollster, has Hillary leading by +1.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AFBrat77

@Crossel777:

The lead is probably gone now, and even if it somehow isn't, he will get stomped in the debates to seal his fate.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GreySeal9

@AFBrat77 said:

@Crossel777:

The lead is probably gone now, and even if it somehow isn't, he will get stomped in the debates to seal his fate.

The lead is gone. Check out my last post.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 AFBrat77

@GreySeal9:

Yeah your post didn't show up until after I sent the last one.

Good to know, and hopefully voter turnout is huge.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#27 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

something's just not right with Trump

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44102 Posts

I fully expect him to come out and say, "Who is this Donald Trump you guys speak of? I don't think that I've ever met the guy. I have no relationship with him therefor I can't confirm or deny any of his comments." lol

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

What's even more shameful is Trump also got on the mourning mother of the dead military vet because she didn't say anything and remained silent, lol. In his mind he thinks the reason was because it was a "Muslim thing" where she wasn't allowed to speak but in reality she was just mourning her own way and she would've broke down even more by speaking so she remained silent. Wow.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#30  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19516 Posts

@Crossel777 said:

I can't wait for Trump to be named president. It will be a glorious day and I'm not even from America. I'm a brexiteer. I made my country great also. Time for America to do the same.

Brexit caused the UK economy to lose £125 billion overnight, the British pound to fall to its lowest in 31 years, the UK economy sinking lower than France, with Scotland and Northern Ireland demanding independence from the UK, and even the capital city London demanding autonomy. There won't be a Great Britain any longer, but it will just be Little England. America will most likely face the same fate if Trump ever gets into power.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3862 Posts

Why was this Muslim- American even speaking at the DNC. A lot of parents lost sons in the war in Iraq and in the Middle East. Trump had nothin to do with the war. Trump opposed it and Hillary voted for it. If it was about immigration the Muslim American is then wrong. I for the life of me see why we are bringing more people into the country at this time. We have millions of Americans out of work, no good jobs and no prospect for any in the near future. We have to take care of our own citizens first.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@Crossel777 said:

The guy that is currently stuck in the low 40's in the polls and has been for months while his opponent is sitting above 45% right now is unlikely to become US president at this point.Most people depsise the guy so he can't poll well with anyone besides his base right now. Hilary is not doing signficantly better now but she has a way higher ceiling than him

Anyway I think this will end up like that time trump bashed that Indiana judge. If he continues to fight with this gold star family it will hurt him in the polls anyway.

@AFBrat77

Dude has never had the lead from what I seen looking at multiple sites in the last few months. He has just been tightening the race to make it close a few times.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

@GreySeal9 said:
@hillelslovak said:

The idiot literally doesn't understand the definition of the word sacrifice.

The delusion. I'm expecting him to go "John Mccain having ice picks shoved through his balls? Nah, he did not spill the beans to his captors, but you wanna know what real pain is? Getting vd from a high class hooker and not telling your daddy! That is duty and sacrifice!" Fools never get irony, and it must take a preternatural fool to spit it out without realizing.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

So the Muslim father blames Trump over his son's death when Trump had nothing to do at all with it yet he's endorsing a woman who is responsible for 4 soldier's dying in Benghazi because she denied over 600 security requests and then lied about it under oath and to the face of the victim's mothers. Man the democratic party is really fvcked up.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@Crossel777 said:

It's true what they say about wingnuts and critical thinking skills.

Trump also said, "If you look at his wife, she was standing there. She had nothing to say. She probably, maybe she wasn't allowed to have anything to say. You tell me."

You really don't get the issue here?

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

So the Muslim father blames Trump over his son's death when Trump had nothing to do at all with it yet he's endorsing a woman who is responsible for 4 soldier's dying in Benghazi because she denied over 600 security requests and then lied about it under oath and to the face of the victim's mothers. Man the democratic party is really fvcked up.

He never blamed Trump over his sons death. Stop listening to Alex Jones, you sound like a raving lunatic.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 NathanDrakeSwag

@zaryia: What was he attacking Trump for then? Maybe he should be pointing fingers at his own dumbass party for electing a woman who basically killed 4 soldiers because of how incompetent she was.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

@zaryia: What was he attacking Trump for then? Maybe he should be pointing fingers at his own dumbass party for electing a woman who basically killed 4 soldiers because of how incompetent she was.

He just explained it. Seriously, are you that dense?

Also, blaming Clinton for Benghazi is getting old. The DoS is a massive government entity and any Secretary isn't capable of micromanaging every minutia of bureaucracy. With that said, the argument can be made that it was the GOP's fault for refusing to pass a bill that would have improved embassy security but no one has hindsight.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 NathanDrakeSwag

@drunk_pi said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Also, blaming Clinton for Benghazi is getting old. The DoS is a massive government entity and any Secretary isn't capable of micromanaging every minutia of bureaucracy. With that said, the argument can be made that it was the GOP's fault for refusing to pass a bill that would have improved embassy security but no one has hindsight.

If Obama wasn't president Hillary would have been indicted twice by now. People can think what they want to about Trump, he does say a lot of dumb shit like the JFK conspiracy theories about Ted Cruz's dad for example, but when so many of the same people who hate on Trump defend Hillary fvcking Clinton of all people I can't take them seriously. She is a criminal who lives by a different set of rules than you do. How anyone can support someone who gets away with shit anyone else would be rotting behind bars over is beyond me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

lmao I guess you're not aware the Republican-controlled Congress repeatedly rejected Clinton's calls for more security at embassies.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 LJS9502_basic

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@drunk_pi said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

If Obama wasn't president Hillary would have been indicted twice by now. People can think what they want to about Trump, he does say a lot of dumb shit like the JFK conspiracy theories about Ted Cruz's dad for example, but when so many of the same people who hate on Trump defend Hillary fvcking Clinton of all people I can't take them seriously. She is a criminal who lives by a different set of rules than you do. How anyone can support someone who gets away with shit anyone else would be rotting behind bars over is beyond me.

You have a crystal ball?

up-umop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 up-umop
Member since 2016 • 13 Posts

@AFBrat77 said:

@Archangel3371:

I don't get it, Hillary is not as awful as people make her out to be.

Now, of course, the lame Trump people will likely respond with all kinds of BS and long diatribes to say how awful they think she is. Republican tools.

LULZ

Joke post?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Yeah, the Republican Senate and House that refused to increase the security in Middle Eastern embassies, they totally were not at fault. It's her fault. You might want to lay off the Michael Bay movies and Infowars. All those explosions and shit dialogue are turning your mind soft.

Skarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#43 Skarwolf
Member since 2006 • 2718 Posts

The option is least of the worst. Hillary isn't any better then Trump. He is correct in that something needs to be done about islam. They need to have a reformation of sorts like Christianity did in the middle ages. Revise their stupid idealogy and get rid of all the bullshit.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#44 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44542 Posts

Thing is, he wants to appeal to people who don't give a shit about stuff like this. And it's working to an extent. He might lose the election but I'm more worried about what pervasive attitudes he might normalize with the far right.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By AFBrat77

@up-umop:

Ah, and here comes the BS as predicted.......nope, not a joke post, I have a different opinion then some of u guys. I think some of you guys go off the deep end and lack any kind of wisdom on the subject, or at least the ability to see things in totality.

Not great, but certainly not awful, and she has done good. She did make mistakes, but you can bet she won't make them again as our president. No malice there. She's ambitious but still a better character than Trump.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#46 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

Everyone please calm down with the name calling. Keep it about the issues and the candidates, not each other.

-Byshop

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 GreySeal9

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

You really have to ask this question?

He's not blaming Trump for his son's death. He's calling him out for proposing a ban against Muslims. He's saying that that's not right considering that some Muslims, like his son, are willing to make sacrifices for their country when he hasn't made any.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By mattbbpl  Online
Member since 2006 • 23024 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

Thing is, he wants to appeal to people who don't give a shit about stuff like this. And it's working to an extent. He might lose the election but I'm more worried about what pervasive attitudes he might normalize with the far right.

This stuff has been buried under the surface for a looooong time, hidden by "PC" norms. He's just normalizing the language.

It's still awful, but let's not pretend that he is the originator of this stuff.

up-umop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 up-umop
Member since 2016 • 13 Posts
@AFBrat77 said:

@up-umop:

Ah, and here comes the BS as predicted.......nope, not a joke post, I have a different opinion then some of u guys. I think some of you guys go off the deep end and lack any kind of wisdom on the subject, or at least the ability to see things in totality.

Of course, it's easy to predict someone will reply to a nonsensical post.

The fact remains this woman has committed atrocities her entire life, she's literally everything people despise about an attorney and politician.

I've been following politics since 1988 when I was old enough to vote. Can you list her accomplishments?

Burying your head in the sand doesn't make her past go away, it just means you're not willing to see her for who she is and she's been crooked since she was fired from the watergate scandal with Richard Nixon. But please, tell me about your big view wisdom of her past. I'll wait.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 LJS9502_basic

@up-umop said:
@AFBrat77 said:

@up-umop:

Of course, it's easy to predict someone will reply to a nonsensical post.

The fact remains this woman has committed atrocities her entire life, she's literally everything people despise about an attorney and politician.

I've been following politics since 1988 when I was old enough to vote. Can you list her accomplishments?

Burying your head in the sand doesn't make her past go away, it just means you're not willing to see her for who she is and she's been crooked since she was fired from the watergate scandal with Richard Nixon. But please, tell me about your big view wisdom of her past. I'll wait.

Buzzwords, innuendo, and hyperbole. Nothing substantive. Guess you haven't been following politics quite so closely then.