Trump ahead in Rasmussen poll, in spite of MSM attempts at character assassination

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

Notwithstanding the mainstream media's around-the-clock coverage of the 11-year-old "locker-room talk" tape, Donald Trump is once again ahead in a comprehensive Rasmussen poll.

Donald began the week trailing Hillary by 7 points, but he's now ahead by 2.

Percentage of likely voters supporting ...

• Hillary Clinton: 41
  • Donald Trump: 43

Source (Rasmussen Reports)

Donald's strong performance in the second debate appears to be behind his gains in the polls.

Clinton held a seven-point lead on Monday – 45% to 38% - following the airing of an 11-year-old video showing Trump making graphic sexual remarks about women. But as voters began responding to Sunday night’s debate, her lead dropped to five points on Tuesday and four points on Wednesday. Trump edged ahead yesterday.

He's unstoppable!

:-D

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

Rasmussen also had Romney beating Obama back in 2012.

Edit. It's also a bit foolish to look at only a single poll to gauge an election.

TheMadGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheMadGamer
Member since 2003 • 8670 Posts

@Serraph105:

You mean Romney didn't win?!

Meh.... think I'll believe this one instead....

http://www.reuters.com/statesofthenation/

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mark1974
Member since 2015 • 4261 Posts

@TheMadGamer said:

@Serraph105:

You mean Romney didn't win?!

I was guaranteed by the internet he was going to win for sure so I assume he did. Obama, as it turned out, wasn't even born in America.

TheMadGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TheMadGamer

@mark1974:

But Trump just said Obama was born in the US. Period. Before that happened I still wasn't sure, I needed Trump to confirm it.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mark1974

@TheMadGamer said:

@mark1974:

But Trump just said Obama was born in the US. Period. Before that happened I still wasn't sure, I needed Trump to confirm it.

It can get confusing but don't think too much, Trump is going to do that for us now. Gives us more time for cleaning our guns and prepping for the revolution against the gubment funded Muslim- illegal immigrant- inner city thug terrorists.

TheMadGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TheMadGamer

@mark1974:

I'll do my best, thank you. If it must be, I'll give my life for Trump. He and he alone will solve all of mankinds problems. He's practically a saint, I don't think he's ever lied his whole life. He also has tremendous respect for women, I'm shocked more aren't voting for him.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mark1974

@TheMadGamer said:

@mark1974:

I'll do my best, thank you. If it must be, I'll give my life for Trump. He and he alone will solve all of mankinds problems. He's practically a saint, I don't think he's ever lied his whole life. He also has tremendous respect for women, I'm shocked more aren't voting for him.

At least someone gets it. I've been watching video of his rallies on a loop and now I think I have damaged my neck muscles from so much nodding in agreement. I'm a little worried about you implying that maybe once he has lied ever in his life by saying "think" instead of know. Keeping my eye on you... Anyways don't worry about people not voting for him, the media is just lying and his real numbers are about 99% with a margin of error of about .5% Just ask Hannity.

supermeatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 supermeatman
Member since 2015 • 68 Posts

Polls aren't designed to reflect truth, they are there to influence people.

WIkileaks has pretty much proven the Clinton camp and mainstream media are working together and more and more people are realising this. The fact that there are so many damaging revelations from the Clinton camp: racist slurs, religious slurs, pandering, media collaboration etc - and the fact that mainstream media BARELY covered this, and rather gave a SHIT LOAD of coverage to 11 year old locker room talk from Trump, it's disgusting.

People are clocking on to the bias, and I think more and more people (rightfully) will be voting for Trump.

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Stesilaus

It's not difficult to understand why Trump's popularity is so resilient ...

He's managed to portray himself as an "anti-establishment" candidate in the eyes of an electorate that knows that the establishment is rotten.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

For my Trump fans.

Voting for Jill Stein. Still think Trump is a buffoon and that Hillary is corrupt^9001. Polls are indicative as we saw with the recent wiki leaks dump. Trump followers have so much energy online, beating all online polls, creating dank memes, and giving him thousands of more followers than Hillary.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23895 Posts

Meanwhile, back to reality,

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html

Hillary still leads by over 6 points, a lead which is seemingly increasing.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
@Maroxad said:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html

Not to say they'll all significantly swing but two of the newest polls show Trump ahead or tied, and probably need to take into account the older polls were conducted before the most recent leaks. Some of those old polls are right around the recent media meltdown surrounding Trump.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

Hillary has got this, Trump supporters are just desperate.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178838 Posts

@KHAndAnime: Currently Clinton is ahead by 6 points. Don't know what you are looking at....then again I don't know what Trump supporters are ever looking at.

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Stesilaus

@AFBrat77 said:

The "Left" needed an anti-establishment candidate to defeat Trump. Somebody like, oh, say, Bernie Sanders. Oh wait. They had Bernie---until Hillary stole the Democratic candidacy from him and substituted her own stale, corrupt, pro-establishment self for the one candidate on the left that could have defeated Trump.

Face it: Trump will win the White House, and the Left will have nobody but Hillary to blame for that outcome.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LJS9502_basic

@Stesilaus said:
@AFBrat77 said:

The "Left" needed an anti-establishment candidate to defeat Trump. Somebody like, oh, say, Bernie Sanders. Oh wait. They had Bernie---until Hillary stole the Democratic candidacy from him and substituted her own stale, corrupt, pro-establishment self for the one candidate on the left that could have defeated Trump.

Face it: Trump will win the White House, and the Left will have nobody but Hillary to blame for that outcome.

hahahaha....Trump supporters are so cute.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

Hope he will win the election

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#19  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:
@Maroxad said:

Not to say they'll all significantly swing but two of the newest polls show Trump ahead or tied, and probably need to take into account the older polls were conducted before the most recent leaks. Some of those old polls are right around the recent media meltdown surrounding Trump.

Nope. The only polls showing Trump ahead is the outlier polls that always show him ahead (when Trump is only up by 1 in the LA Times poll, that's bad news for him, not good; reading polls is about reading trends). The latest national poll shows Clinton ahead by double digits.

I don't get the point of creating an alternate reality like this. It will only make the eventual result sting ever worse for you.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GreySeal9

@LJS9502_basic said:

@KHAndAnime: Currently Clinton is ahead by 6 points. Don't know what you are looking at....then again I don't know what Trump supporters are ever looking at.

KHAndAnime has admitted that he analyzes the election based on what he sees on Reddit.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@Stesilaus said:

11-year-old "locker-room talk" tape

It's age has no bearing on it's relevancy. Everything the man has done in his past is now under scrutiny, since he is running to be the most powerful political figure in the world.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GreySeal9

Meanwhile, more bad swing state polls for Trump:

15 points down in Virginia

6 points down in Nevada

And a poll from Breitbart shows him down by 5 in Colorado

I don't know if Trump supporters know how the electoral college works, but the election is determined by reaching 270 electoral votes. Right now Trump has no path to 270. Clinton has 270 if she wins all the states that are leaning Democratic. She could lose Florida, Ohio, Iowa, Nevada, and North Carolina, and still win. And right now, polling only shows Trump winning Iowa.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LJS9502_basic

@GreySeal9: Did you see Donald's latest gambit is to say Clinton was on drugs during the second debate? Bet his supporters believe that one as well.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GreySeal9

@LJS9502_basic said:

@GreySeal9: Did you see Donald's latest gambit is to say Clinton was on drugs during the second debate? Bet his supporters believe that one as well.

Haha. Yeah I did see that. The desperation is real.

Trump's modus operandi is pretty much just too accuse his opponent of something that he's being accused of, like a little kid. Some people thought he was coked up during the debate because of his sniffles (I don't think he was, but that sniffing was fucking distracting), so he's trying to turn it on Clinton.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

The Presidential race is pretty much over. Trump has almost a 0% chance of winning the White House. Now it's about Senate and House races. Paul Ryan and co. will be working to make sure Clinton doesn't win control of both chambers of Congress.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

How can Trump win 2016?

The electoral college map doesn't seem to favor Trump. The majority of the polls favor Clinton. Traditionally red states are going blue or leaning blue.

The only way Trump will win is if Putin rigs the election.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@GreySeal9 said:

Meanwhile, more bad swing state polls for Trump:

15 points down in Virginia

6 points down in Nevada

And a poll from Breitbart shows him down by 5 in Colorado

I don't know if Trump supporters know how the electoral college works, but the election is determined by reaching 270 electoral votes. Right now Trump has no path to 270. Clinton has 270 if she wins all the states that are leaning Democratic. She could lose Florida, Ohio, Iowa, Nevada, and North Carolina, and still win. And right now, polling only shows Trump winning Iowa.

They're so disconnected from reality its scary. Like watching Carl Rove break down on live television and refusing to believe that their candidate lost. They live in their own reality and take confirmation bias to a whole new level.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

LA Times and Rasmussen are both tracking polls, which means they ask the same people every time they do the poll rather than continually taking new samples each time. It's not to say they're not useful or rigorous, but they work differently. But you have the internet and you can research the differences if you like. Polls are somewhat like religious texts in that people tend to quote the parts they like and ignore the rest.

The one thing I would say is that something like 60% of the US votes, so there's actually quite a number of people out there not being counted. It's possible that current sampling is off and this electorate may be very different either because of a large constituency that doesn't usually vote or lower than expected voter turnout or factors we're not thinking of...We'll know if a few weeks if we have throw all the data away or it will prove itself true even in this unconventional campaign.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#29 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58856 Posts

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3841508/Tony-Schwartz-writer-Donald-Trump-s-Art-Deal-warns-Trump-cause-Armageddon.html

Loading Video...

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#30 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

@drunk_pi said:

How can Trump win 2016?

The electoral college map doesn't seem to favor Trump. The majority of the polls favor Clinton. Traditionally red states are going blue or leaning blue.

The only way Trump will win is if Putin rigs the election.

Even my homestate of Utah is PINK!

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

i think the utah poll that came out today had trump up 16. Not sure if the Y2 poll (the one that had them tied) was an outlier or this one was. Not like the press does a lot of polls in Utah as it's generally expected to go red, so hard to say.

If things trend upward for Hillary, definite possibility to flip Arizona. It's not just the Hispanics, but weed is on the ballot there, too, and that should produce a healthy democratic turnout.

but again, all this relies on the assumption that Trump hasn't caused any fundamental shifts in the electorate and people will actually turn out for Hillary. We can't be sure of either until election day.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GreySeal9

@Ish_basic said:

i think the utah poll that came out today had trump up 16. Not sure if the Y2 poll (the one that had them tied) was an outlier or this one was. Not like the press does a lot of polls in Utah as it's generally expected to go red, so hard to say.

If things trend upward for Hillary, definite possibility to flip Arizona. It's not just the Hispanics, but weed is on the ballot there, too, and that should produce a healthy democratic turnout.

but again, all this relies on the assumption that Trump hasn't caused any fundamental shifts in the electorate and people will actually turn out for Hillary. We can't be sure of either until election day.

I understand your fears, but there's no reason to think that any shifts Trump has caused wouldn't be captured in the polling. Presidential polls have a pretty good track record and I don't think that will change this year.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@Stesilaus said:
@AFBrat77 said:

Trump at minimum will be beaten by Hilary as bad as stephen harper got beat by justin trudeau in the canadian federal election last year. I expect a 7.5%+ win for hilary at minimum unless the race changes at this point.